Start by marking “The Christmas Ball” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Ball

The Christmas Ball

Alice doesn't want to go to this Christmas party. Pretending to be straight around all her family and the Fowler family for an entire month to prepare for a ball, for her to dance with the man they want her to marry is not in the top 100 ways to spend December. But since her family is paying her tuition, she can't risk saying no. Besides, it's only once every ten years. ...more
Published December 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Ball, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Ball

Start your review of The Christmas Ball
Anniek
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, wlw
This is one of my favourite f/f adult romance novels I've read so far, I liked the romance a lot. I liked the writing style, and felt like everything progressed naturally.

There was a good amount of fluff, but this does come with a trigger warning for pretty intense (religious) homophobia, so please be mindful of that.
Kat
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet story...coming out

It is funny how we get scared to come out to people we love. Family, siblings, cousins....it definitively can be unpredictable. But both girls got lucky, and what they cared abiut was acceptance. Funny how many people have your back. This is funny at times and extremely cute book. Very easy read.
Adrienne Bross
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I settled down with a hot cup of spiced Chai tea and my advanced copy of The Christmas Ball, ready to indulge in the warm, romantic story it promised to tell.

From the beginning, I was immediately taken by both Alice and Lisette, though I have to admit that I identify much more with the emotional woes that Lisette wrestled with. A young woman used to putting up walls around her soft, vulnerable points, Lisette
Kendra
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Epically Charming!

Lily Seabrooke you make me blush.. <3 KEN

What a great story! I love when a book can suck you in and keep you reading late in to the night. The world Lily builds/creates around Alice and Lisette is exceptional and beyond reproach!
Jess Heyle
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC of this book in return for an honest review.

This was a beautiful story with interesting characters and the sweetest romance. It had a lot of different factors throughout the story which drew you in and kept attention and some wonderful side characters. The HEA is the absolute best and I adored it. If you want a big dose of happiness this book is for you!
Leanne Purvis
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wlw
I was both delighted and grateful to receive an ARC of this book.

My life has been seriously lacking in queer Christmas fluff and ‘The Christmas Ball’ ticked every single box, to the point where I’ve already read it three times this month. This book has it all - childhood crushes which develop into a full-blown secret romance and wonderful, well-crafted characters. Alice and Lisette are both relatable, likable and the romance between them is believable. Seth, the book’s antagonist, really is the
Emma Lindhagen
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book fluttered across my Twitter on its release day and since I was in a holiday fluff sort of mood I checked it out right away. It was a really fun read, quick and sweet, with a lot of well-executed Christmas tropes. It has this really lovely emotional balance where the sadness, doubts and anxiety of the feelings feel real and poignant but still didn't tip the overall feeling off the story away from being fluffy (to me, anyway). A strong four!

I did find the premise a bit confusing though
Jillian Maria
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
There’s a lot to love about this book!! It is a sweet Christmas romance between two women who fell for each other as kids and then hadn’t seen each other for a number of years. There’s ice skating, present picking, and SO MUCH DANCING. In other words, there’s enough fluffy romantic tropes to warm even the coldest of hearts.

One thing that kept this from being a five-star read for me were the character voices. The narration alternates between Alice and Lisette, but a lot of the time I found myself
Elizabeth Jeannel
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC of this book*

I loved every minute of this story. Lily’s witty humor spills over every page. The characters are complicated and real, and I immediately connected so well with them both. I spent most of the book thinking, if my family were rich, this is exactly what they would be like.

It’s such a soft, sweet story about love, and I’m not usually a fan of Christmas anything. So, if I loved it, I’m sure Christmas story lovers will love it.

I’m so grateful I had the opportunity to
Amy Marsden
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this, and I'm so grateful! This is such a feel-good book! Both of the main characters, Alice and Lisette, felt very real, and I connected with both. I'd love to have them as friends haha. This story contains it all— reconnecting with a childhood crush, roommates, and a little bit of mutual pining is thrown in there as well. The antagonist is also well done, I wanted to punch him whenever he appeared on the page! I definitely recommend this wonderful little ...more
M.A. Hinkle
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything I never knew I wanted. Two girls in pretty dresses kissing each other and being adorable all over the place? Ice skating and hot chocolate and only one bed? I am spoiled and I am *swooning.* I had to put the book down every few pages because I was utterly swamped with feels. Alice and Lisette are adorable (although don't let the softness fool you, there are some very steamy scenes in this book), there are some cute kids, and a few good allies. What more could you ask for ...more
Cynthia
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: queer
Okay, I knew what I was getting into, but one never really imagines the full effect, does one. It was way too sweet and true-love-after-2-weeks, with the formulaic break-up-so-they-realize-it, for me in the end, basically right from when they confess to each other around the half-way point. But I knew what I was getting into to some extent, and I did find the beginning okay, with the mutual pining and angst. So yeah, 2 stars.
Abigail
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, romance
Aw, I enjoyed this very much. The two leads were delightful to read and their romance was very sweet. All the mutual pining and having to share a room... my heart! It gave me the warm fuzzies and had a very lovely Christmas vibe.

Be advised that towards the end, the characters experience homophobia from extended family, however the story ends in a positive place.
This books premise is so silly but I dont even care. I loved it and I want Hallmark to make a movie out of it RIGHT NOW. Low angst, sweet romance, HEA. Highly recommend if you need a palate cleanser between heavier reads.
Deanna
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute, cute, cute

This was a quick, sweet, read, The premise seemed a little hokey, but if you can’t do hokey at Christmas, when can you? I would recommend it for those looking for a little lighthearted romance with just a bit of angst thrown in to spice it up,
sabrina
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect For The Season!

Adorable book about two women who meet 10 every ten years when they’re families get together for a Christmas Ball! A few good surprises and cute side characters that made me laugh and smile.
Barbara
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A f/f story of two woman who are able to see each other every ten years when their families get together at a Christmas ball. I liked reading this story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Isis Brown
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story. It's a short read, but perfect for this time of year. I don't like to post spoilers in reviews so won't, but will just say the ending to this story was lovely - especially once the singing started.
Lyle
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming

Lily Seabrooke did a wonderful job with this Christmas romance of hers.

The MC's were interesting and fun, and the drama she put into the story really added to the story.
mahana
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5/5

rep: lesbian mcs

tws: lesbophobia/homophobia
Rae
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute love story perfect for the season. Heartwarming and full of Christmas spirit.
Rae Storey
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a story of two childhood friends thrown back together after 10 years in a super uncomfortable tradition for some super posh folks. It's a sweet and sassy and adorable story.
Kitty

• A Very Miller Christmas
  • Midnight
  • Most Wonderful: A Lesbian Christmas Romance
  • Holly and Ivy: A Lesbian Holiday Romance
  • Begin Again (Tahoe, #4)
  • Forever Yours
  • Bells Will Be Ringing
  • The Goode Governor: A Lesbian Romance Series (A Goode Girl Lesbian Romance Book 1)
  • The RV Ranch
  • Peppermint Kiss
  • Christmas Lights
  • Christmas Wishes
  • Educating Eve
  • Lost and Found
  • Calling Mrs Claus
  • Anyone But Her
  • What Happened After... (Tahoe, #5)
Lily Seabrooke is a trans woman whose body is made of rainbows and coffee. She writes soft and fluffy lesbian romance novels, and is weirded out by this whole thing about describing herself in the third-person. Why do we all do this, anyway?

Follow me on Twitter if you like my books or really just sapphic books in general!