Start by marking “Hybrid (Sanguine, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hybrid (Sanguine, #2)

(Sanguine #2)

Who am I? Everyone has their opinion of who I am.

The Queen thinks I'm her favorite pet. Lochlaan Mortas thinks I'm his biggest mistake. The Queen’s men think I'm their brother. The Carpe Noctem thinks I'm a useful tool.

Who do I think I am? Cast aside. Unwanted. Freak. Cursed. Full of sins.

But there are some things about me that I am certain of...

I am in love with
Published January 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Hybrid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hybrid

Start your review of Hybrid (Sanguine, #2)
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found ay www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

So I have sat and thought about what I felt after reading The Hybrid and I am torn. Before I go any further I need to state that you have to read The Queen first or The Hybrid won’t make much sense. So why am I torn you may ask? Well it’s because the promise was there for this to be a great book but, for me it unfortunately fell flat. I think a lot of my feeling like that was because while The Queen was to set up
Night Owl Book Blog
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second instalment of Cole Denton’s Sanguine Series is absolutely breathtaking. It is peppered throughout with a myriad of jaw dropping revelations that kept me jumping up and down on the edge of my seat. The Queen (book one) had already captured me mind, body and soul, so, I am not in any way surprised that Hybrid has stolen my heart.
You know the view that most ‘sequels’ often fall short of the first offering? Well have no fear because that does not factor here at all. Hybrid raises the bar
Rebecca Kingshott
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hybrid is book 2 to the sanguine series.
It isnt a standalone please make sure you read the queen before reading this book.

Hybrid is a continuous from the queen.
Hybrid by cole was so freaking amazing I loved it from the beginning.
Its told from river's pov.
Cole out did himself with this book.
The chemistry between river and Octavia is still beautiful. Her merry men are still loyal to her.
This was by far Cole's best yet and cant wait to see what he writes next.
I cant highly recommend this book enou
Margaret Lander
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, this book is amazing! Follow Queen Octavia and her gentlemen as they try to take care of Carpe Noctem to break the curse. The Queens gentlemen prove their love to her in a very surprising way. To say this book surprised me is an understatement. Cole Dentons writing has blown me away, leaving me wanting more. Hot sex scenes, wow! The story brings so many details to the surface. Fantastically written with a few surprises!
TopsieJ
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great continuation!

I loved this second part of the story in the Sanguine series.
River's background is fascinating and I loved the adventure and action. Cole's descriptions of the forest scenes in particular, made it so easy for my imagination to take me there.
The ending took me by surprise; I did not expect that one part!! My mind had gone in a completely different direction, so I was shocked!!! A fabulous read, yet again!
Julia Leonard
Incredible Series

This highly anticipated part two of the sanguine series will not disappoint.
Hybrid is everything I expected and more.
River will completely blow your minds in this one.
Congratulations Cole!!!
ROMBookTalk
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Always makes me crave more!

The highly anticipated book we all have been waiting for is finally here and did not disappoint. Once you start to read this story, you literally cannot put it down. It will lure you in, and trap you for a few hours. It was spellbinding and seductive, it keeps you craving for more with each chapter you read. As you know this story is from River's point of view, boy he pulled my heartstrings. Denton is a master of making you feel emotions for each of his characters. He
Kathy Wideman
This is the second book in this series and they must be read in order. This book gives us back story on River. River did not have an easy life at all. He tried to do the best he could to help people his father hurt. Now he is with Queen Octavia. He was told that he was a part of a prophecy. For a long time, he thought he would be of use to his father but things have changed. Queen Octavia and her gentlemen are on a journey to save Klyn. Will River help his father or break the curse on him? I rea ...more
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Sooo Good! Denton really knows how to deliver a !u*king Sexy read! Whew! Who needs a cold shower?.. this girl! Hybrid is book 2 in the Sanguine series and it's Amazing! Get your Erotica, Paranormal, and RH fix! I mean it literally has it all! The storyline was interesting and keeps you on the edge of your seat. This book we get "the Hybrid's" point of view as well as the Queen's and it really fills in some blanks. Once again I devoured this book in about 2 hours, once I started reading there was ...more
Joy Boutwell
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-a-copy, favorites
I normally don't care for paranormal books and I didn't care for book 1- The Queen, but I really liked this book. The beginning intrigued me and I couldn't put it down. The story is full of mystery and suspense- keeping you on the edge of your seat. River is an amazing character and learning about his life touches your heart. The adventure this book leads you on is phenomenal. The other characters and the bond they all develop together is amazing. I did feel the ending happened sort of fast. I w ...more
Cathy Andrews
Another hit!

Cole Denton has written yet another amazing book! The highly anticipated sequel to his book, The Queen, will not disappoint! As always, Cole's stories are filled with characters you cannot help fall in love with, but this time he even brought more, weaving in characters that were not in the first book, but are well known to his fans. This story is full of intrigue, suspense and if course, hot, steamy scenes. A must read! Cannot wait to see what else comes from this brilliant author!
Sherry Draisen
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!

Holy crap! So after reading Queen, I dove straight into this book and made it to 2 am before I couldn't keep my eyes open. But I picked right back up with my coffee. It was that freaking good!!! The story of River is just crazy! Everything from how he was born to how he ended up with Octavia had me turning the pages so fast. You are going to love the sequel to this book. Now the question remains...... Is Klyn going to get a book also??? Hint hint! Or Merc's story????
Michelle
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had been dying for this second book in the Sanguine Series and Cole did not disappoint.
WOW what a ride this story takes us on, as we delve deeper into the world of The Carpe Noctem. We learn about Rivers background story right from the start and I was totally blown away as revelations are revealed about an important character in the story. This was a hot and sexy read but it also had a gripping storyline that kept me enthralled.
Absolutely Brilliant.....
Krisha
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cole Denton went above and beyond amazing

Cole's writing keeps amazing me every time I read his work. And this book he exceeded expectations but in true Cole fashion I wouldn't have expected anything else from him. His characters he has created an brought together are embedded in my heart now. Grab this awesome book if you haven't already done so it's available in Amazon and KU. (KJ's Hot Reads and Sexy Writes)
Lorey
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Captivating. Engaging. Book 2 of The Sanguine Series did not disappoint. Cole's writing is well-crafted. He knows how to draw you into the story and keeps you wanting more. I was invested in the story from page 1 and that's really all you need or want out of a story. I loved the bonds Cole developed between River, Machin, Sean, Liam, and Ethan. All kind-hearted, swoon-worthy heroes. Hybrid is wickedly awesome. A definite must-read with a flawless ending. ...more
Bonnie Mancuso
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Hybrid is yet another 5 star read by Mr. Denton. This is the second book in the Sanguine series and I couldn't put it down. After reading The Queen yesterday, I knew I had to read Hybrid right away. Truly a master of his craft, Cole continues to impress as his words breathe life into his characters. And while this series may be dark and twisted, it's oh so delicious. I can't recommend it enough.
Angelina Smith
River

Cole amazed me with this story. We find out more about River through his book. I am still loving River and Octavia. What they are faced with and how they deal with it is truly amazing and this really made me swoon. Cole again did an outstanding job and I am still happy that I came across this books.
Kathy Seabrease
What a great sequel!!!

I devoured it in less than a half of a day. River is so intent on pleasing the Queen, yet wants to conquer her and keep her safe as well. Love Klyn and found great fondness for her other "gentlemen" it a great world where love and sex bonds them all together as a family. Didn't want it to end!
Stephanie
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hybrid, the sequel to The Queen, is another amazing book by Cole Denton. It centers on River's life before and after becoming one of the Queen's gentlemen, his love for Queen Octavia and his friendship with Klyn and the other gentlemen.
Cole has a way with words and you won't be able to put the book down. Don't miss out on this talented writer.
Vanessa
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
*Read The Queen before reading this book!*

Not your typical vampire story.

Cole Denton has written a book that keeps you on the edge of your seat! His characters draw you in until you feel everything. And the sexiness, WOW!

A new author who seems to have found his way quickly and I would recommend this book.
Patricia Cordovez
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great by Mr. Denton

River was chosen as one of the Queen's gentleman. All was going good until Klyn was captured by the Carpe Noctem. Octavia is hell bent on getting him back by but River refuses to let her go alone. This book is to awesome to give to much away. One click click and read for yourself
Julie Collins
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stunning , wonderful complete

The finale to this great series . As riveting as Queen , Hybrid is a exciting and fast moving conclusion to what happens to all the wonderful characters . Once again Cole has applied his great writing telant to make us hold our breath till the end. A must read series I highly recommend it . Watch for more from this exceptional writer .
Candace Mel
Magical

Is there anything Cole can’t do...Nope! He killed it again with this one! The characters are unique and you can’t help but to get attached to them. The story was creative, captivating and full of surprises! What a magical journey!
Tammy Barrentine
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Good sequel

This was a good sequel. I just wanted more. What happened to Lucian after he ran off? Don't get me wrong I loved this book. I would read the phone book of Cole wrote it. Great job Cole. I can't wait to see what is next
Jodi Ball
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hybrid

Another amazing read by Cole Denton!
I found the storyline of this series to be extreemly interesting.
If you like the paranormal mixed with just the right amount of kink you will love it.
Can't wait to see what Cole brings us next!
Lady Raven Books
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Read

This story is absolutely phenomenal. I love every single minute. River is such a dynamic character. Oh I can't say anything else lol. The writing and flow of this book is too notch. I absolutely recommend this book and series.
Martha Lindblom
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful conclusion to a great series. I am not going to tell you much about this book because I do not want to spoil your adventure in reading this book that will keep you at the edge of your seat. I will say it is an HEA, but you have to read this to see what happens to Queen Octavia, Klyn, River, Liam, Ethan, Sean and Michan and also River’s father Lochlaan. This is a must read. Enjoy
Deb Moncrief
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hybrid is the second book of the Sanquine Series, but you need to read Queen first. In this book we get more of River's backstory. I really liked Queen Octavia, Klynn, and River. The secondary characters were very important to the story. I really enjoyed reading this book. ...more
Bettyann  Hogaboom
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hybrid

Loved the book. This is a book that Kerouac definitely read again. The relationship between River and Octavia to me was very intense. Before reading this book, read Queen first.
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
River was the perfect “gentleman” to add to Queen Octavia’s group of gentlemen. River helped Octavia find her heart in all the turmoil that was brought upon her.
Very hot and sexy story, I love this story.

• Mantrum
  • Damaged
  • Never Kiss a Stranger
  • Danger Zone
  • The Prospect (Chronicles of Crighton #1)
  • Hot Vegas Nights (The Trifecta, #1)
  • The Prospect II (Chronicles of Crighton #2)
  • Never Really Over: Selling my Soul - Part Four
  • Dirty Vegas Nights (The Trifecta, #2)
  • Men of Valor
  • Destroyed
  • Ransom (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team #1)
  • Suppression (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, #2)
  • Cold Hearted Bastard
  • Inappropriate
  • Tempted to Kiss (Hard to Love #3)
  • Nate (Dark Protector #2)
  • Cold Hearted Baller
Cole Denton is an ocean lover who finds joy in almost all physical activities. He is especially passionate about baseball and surfing, indulging in them every chance he gets.

His other passion is writing. It began at a young age and followed him through to his time at a university in SoCal where he majored in screenwriting.

After moving to Sin City itself, Cole has put his knowledge and talent as

Sanguine (2 books)
  • The Queen (Sanguine #1)

News & Interviews