Start by marking “Coyote Sky” as Want to Read:
Coyote Sky

Coyote Sky

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  755 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Kate Winters, author of the popular mystery series The Masters, finds herself in a bit of a predicament—she doesn't seem to be able to write any longer. So when her old friend and wealthy widow Brenda invites Kate to spend the summer in Coyote, New Mexico, Kate decides that a summer in Coyote might be just what she needs to clear her writer's block.

Leaving behind the Dalla
Published September 1st 2006 by Bella Books (first published May 15th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Coyote Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coyote Sky

P. Industry
Megzz
2.5

This is one of Gerri Hill's most uninspired and boring pieces of work.

Her novels are never that original and they always follow the typical lesbian romance formula, but even so, they usually are quite delightful to read. In Coyote Sky, the chemistry is there. But not much else.

Not only is there close to no plot at all, the story is also slow and repetitive. Kate is not at all likeable, she's stuck up, cynical, clueless and stubborn. Her and Lee go round in circles with endless bickering abou
M.E. Tudor
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just re-read this book for like the sixth time. It's one of my go to books when I just want a feel good love story read. Plus the descriptions of New Mexico make me want to go back there and visit again.
Julia_reads
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, romance
Really sweet, but too short. But maybe that's me.
Angel
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another beautiful story!

This definitely deserves more than five stars but that's all Amazon allows! I fell hard for Lee Foxx, at this moment I wish I was Kate! Gerri Hill certainly knows how to blend romance with the great outdoors. The scenery was so well described I fell as though I was actually there seeing the hills and that big Coyote moon.
qrbooks
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
F/F romance

Simple and romantic...

When 37 yr old author Kate Winters finds herself with writer's block before creating the final book in her popular series, she decides to take a break from her big city home in Dallas, Texas for some country living in Coyote, New Mexico. This also means taking a break from the passionless relationship she shares with her live-in girlfriend, Robin. After two years together, they are more like casual friends and little more. Kate accepts an invite to stay with her
Melinda
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked this story and I disliked this story. I really enjoyed that the characters were somewhat older. I definitely enjoyed the astrology, meditating, crystal loving community of lesbians in this little area of New Mexico. I liked that the main character, Kate, is a writer with issues. Everyone in this story has issues but the issues aren't overwhelming.

I didn't like that Lee seems to be Shane from the L-Word in disguise. It is not Hill's fault that I don't like this character. I can't figure
Jeanette Cupcake
Feb 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of lesbian romance
Recommended to Jeanette Cupcake by: Pam Castillo
this is definitely my favorite of gerris hill's books. i wish the rest of her books were more like this and gulf breeze. they all have the same basic plot- two lesbians meet, hate each other, end up having a relationship.

this book had some really interesting characters and the relationships were a bit more complicated, which i enjoyed.

i had given up on gerri hill and thought this would be the last of her books that i'd read but i think i might try one or two more.
M
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: l-books, romance
Excellent formula romance.

While the plot is obvious from the start it never becomes boring as the main characters negotiate their way to the conclusion that everyone wants but they are unwilling the recognize.

The quality of the writing shines through and the descriptions of the setting really place the reader right amongst the mountains.

Definite re-read.
Melissa Nestor
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a really quick read and only took me 2 days to finish. This is the second book I have read by Gerri Hill and I loved it just as much as the first. Very easy to read with a setting that makes you want to be there along side the characters. This reminded me a lot of the first Gerri Hill book I read which was Snow Falls.
Gaelle Cathy
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Once again another great read by Gerri Hill. I was hooked from the beginning. And what a wonderful scenery. I could picture them dancing under a red moon and to the sound of the coyotes. Loved it!
Mirtha Siblesz
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet book

Liked the sweet love story! The scenery was spectacular. I live in
Santa Fe so I'm very biased to the way you described everything. Job well done!
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
An addicting book, very fast paced yet satisfying. This is one of the few books in my life that I actually took the time to reread... and reread over again.
Ashley
Aug 06, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Another great lesbian romance novel by Gerri Hill
Sarah Rogers
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!

Another great one by Gerri Hill. I love how each book is set in nature. Hopefully many more to come.
Amanda
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
I really like Gerri Hill's novels. I read this one in no time but I really enjoyed the book. Nothing substantial in the book, just same great love story with a happy ending.
Melissa
Jan 10, 2012
Rachel Black
Jun 25, 2017
Alealea
rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2016
Scr33ch
Jan 10, 2017
  • Innocent Hearts
  • Unforgettable
  • Small Packages (Shaken, #3)
  • Stranded
  • Josie and Rebecca: The Western Chronicles
  • Turning the Page
  • Whitewater Rendezvous
  • Sheridan's Fate
Gerri began writing lesbian romance as a way to amuse herself while snowed in one winter in the mountains of Colorado, and hasn’t looked back. Her first published work came in 2000 with One Summer Night. Many more romances have followed, with the occasional murder mystery in the mix.

Gerri’s love of nature and of being outdoors usually makes its way into her stories as her characters often find the
More about Gerri Hill...