Start by marking “Blocked (Boston Terriers Hockey, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blocked (Boston Terriers Hockey, #3)

Blocked

(Boston Terriers Hockey #3)

Attending Boston University was something we were supposed to do together, until Shaw Masters, my brother’s best friend, broke my heart and chased our dream without me.

Choosing bromance over romance, Shaw is now living his best life, playing hockey for the Boston Terriers while I’ve wasted a year letting my shattered heart rob me of my future

But not anymore.

Now, also atten
Published June 26th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Blocked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blocked

Start your review of Blocked (Boston Terriers Hockey, #3)
Jen (jensdreamylittlereads)
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how Jacob Chance does it, but everything he writes is magic. Every single time I open up one of his books I know without having read a single word that the book will rock my ever-loving socks off. I know that it is going to be a gem of a read before I've read anything. And this story was definitely a little bit of magic. He did such a wonderful job of writing a book that was engaging, entertaining, laugh out loud funny, full of heart and heat and insanely swoon-worthy.

Oh, Shaw Maste
Keri Loves Books
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A best friend’s little sister, sports romance that will satisfy your sweet tooth! This fun college romance also brings the swoon. It’s the perfect beach or anytime read.

Maddie has loved Shaw for as long as she can remember, but all she’s ever been to him is his best friend’s little sister. Now that she’s graduated from high school and heading off to college, she’s hoping that he’ll see things differently.

Maddie doesn’t realize it, but Shaw definitely sees her. At the first opportunity, he’s read
Arena♡
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Blocked is the third book in the 'Boston Terriers Hockey' series by Jacob Chance.

Me, as soon as this book came out:

And well it was, but the reason for my four star rating was that I think my expectations were toooo high, not to mention the book was short, I didn't want it to get over as I loved seeing Shaw and Maddie together.

Shaw is Maddie's elder brother, Marshall's best friend and Maddie has had a crush on him since...well forever. Shaw starts liking her too and in the short time they spend
Meg Talks Romance Novels
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jacob Chance knocked it out of the park... or should I say got the hat trick with the third installment of The Boston Terriers Hockey Series. The story captured me from beginning to end like I knew it would!

Shaw is the goalie for the Boston University hockey team. Maddie is his best friend’s sister. It was the perfect story of wanting each other but fighting your feelings. It was the perfect story of fun, sweet and sexy. Most of all, it was a story that was very real. Jacob has an awesome way in
Dawn
Jun 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
Not a fan of the characters screwing other people well after 50% through a book 🤷🏻‍♀️

The two have been friends forever because the H is her older brothers best friend. The H has seemed to have feelings for her for a while and she always had a crush as well. The plot seemed right up my alley and even though I don’t have much experience with the author I figured what the heck. My major problem with this book is the way it’s set up. I expected a chapter or two about their previous history bit over
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Second chances don’t always come along and when they do, do you take a chance or leave it be?

That’s what Maddie and Shaw are trying to figure out! After one amazing summer Maddies heart was torn apart by Shaw and now she has to decide if it’s worth another shot or if walking away completely is what’s best!

Blocked is an amazing love story full of laughter and the beauty that is young love! It’s also a story of redemption and fighting for what is yours!

I love the Boston Terries and missed this
Maggie Whitworth
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
❤️❤️❤️❤️
💋💋

Very enjoyable and a great fit in the series.
These guys have it all , looks , ability.
What Happens when what you want you can’t have.
Like your best friends little sister.
Well then you fight or you loose, but if you loose do you get a second chance?

Wonderful, loving the whole series.
The Romantic Rush Blog
Jun 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
This was a fast paced, quick read full of plotlines that I know many readers will eat right up- brother’s best friend, a first love story AND a second chance romance...not to mention we have the Boston Terriers sport rom-com vibe infused throughout.
As Maddie graduates high school, she starts to explore her budding attraction to her brother’s best friend, Shaw - who himself is finally coming to terms with his interest in Maddie. While brother’s away, these two play- getting to know each other ove
Ria Alexander  - Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Jacob scores another goal

Can Jacob Chance ever put a foot wrong? Simple answer ... NO!!! BLOCKED is the third book in the BOSTON TERRIERS HOCKEY series, and they just keep getting better. BLOCKED was such a fun read, filled yet again with Jacob's wonderful humour and wit. From beginning to end it was thoroughly entertaining with many funny, frustrating, and hot moments. Let's not forget a totally panty melting, swoon worthy hero.

Shaw Masters, goalie for the Boston Terriers, has a major problem .
Cheryl Blackburn
One Click, and I'm in Heaven

I can't deny that when a Boston Terrier book by Jacob Chance is released that it's a one-click, and I'm in Heaven. Jacob writes the most adorable book boyfriend a woman could even dream of. Hot, hot, slow burn! Just like I like them.

Maddie Winters has had a crush on her brother's best friend. Having to spend time with him is drawing him closer. Shaw Masters starts to see that Maddie isn't so little anymore and realized that he's had a thing for her for a long time.  W
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in this awesome series and is Shaw and Maddie’s story. This author is my favourite for a rom-com and this one is no different, as he never disappoints! Shaw is the goalie for the Boston Terriers, and Maddie is his best friend’s little sister. The chemistry between these to is explosive and undeniable. This is a beautifully written story which is fun, humorous, entertaining, and with witty banter, engaging and realistic characters and emotions, as well as with a tad angst and ...more
Tiffany Brocato
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My heart almost couldn’t take how epic BLOCKED was! Shaw and Maddie were beyond perfect and the absolute sweetest. Throw in lots of laughter and a few pulls to the heart strings and you have yourself a 5 star top 2020 read!
#MyNewFave!
Rhonda Tactor
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about BLOCKED & author Jacob Chance......
You never disappoint & I absolutely loved Shaw & Maddi’s story.
I was hooked from the first page & chapter & couldn’t put this book down.
It’s addictive, easy flow reading & hot!!
If you haven’t read this series yet, then get onto it NOW.
CONGRATULATIONS again on another incredible book Jacob.
Vanessa M Hibbard
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Y’all Maddie and freaking Shaw 😩 I cannot wait for you all to get your hands on Jacob’s new book baby! He never disappoints! I fell in love with them from page 1! The chemistry these two have is off the charts! 5 🌟 I loathe spoilers I love being able to experience the book from my own opinion and not someone else’s because all of ours are different. With that said I’m not posting any I want you to be able to fall in love with them from your own point of view!
Cathy Andrews
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazeballs!!!

As always, Jacob kills it with his newest book! I love the characters and the way he shows their development as they mature. Shaw and Maddie are down to earth, realistic, sweet, hot and just plain fun to read. Thoroughly enjoyed and am eagerly awaiting the next one.
Lady Raven Books
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I did enjoy this book. Shaw and Maddie are a cute couple. I am happy with the way things go. The writing and flow of this book is done well. I do recommend this book and series.
CK
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adorable sports romance! I read this in one sitting and just loved it! The sarcasm and humor and best yet was the chemistry felt between Shaw and Maddie!
Kari Hansen
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maddie has loved her brother’s best friend Shaw for as long as she can remember but being that he is a college hockey star she doesn’t believe that someone like her could attract someone like him and they have the added complication of her brother.

Shaw has known Maddie since they were children but now that she has graduated from high school he is starting to see her as the woman she has become not the girl he knows. When he is home for the summer and his best friend is out of town a relationship
Diane Lynch
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hockey-romance, ebook
Jacob Chance gets a hat trick with the third book in the Boston Terriers Hockey series, BLOCKED. In this story, goalie Shaw Masters gets a second chance with the girl of his dreams, Maddie Winters. Unfortunately, she is also the younger sister of best friend and teammate, Marshall and therefore, off limits. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adults.

BLOCKED is a heartwarming and realistic read. Marshall, Shaw, and Maddie grew up together and always hung out; the two best friend
Carrie Pratt
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love a best friend's little sister romance! Maddie has loved her older brother's best friend, Shaw, for as long as she can remember. Little does she know that he also has feelings for her. The chemistry between these two is very much present! Neither of them are prepared however, for what a relationship with each other would entail.

Both of them are set to attend the same college in the fall, although plans are derailed when their relationship challenges them more than they ever thought possibl
Rebecca Kingshott
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh Holy mother of all things sexy and hot this was Jacob best yet.
This Boston terriers series is absolutely out of this world.
Jacob is a master at writing sports romance. I have no words other than I'm book hangover.
There isn't nothing this author can't write.
Shaw and maddie have been friends for a long time. Especially since Shaw is maddie older brother's best friend.
New relationships are never easy, especially when it's friends to lovers.
There's a lot of feels that you feel and Jacob takes
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
You can't beat a sports romance from Jacob Chance. I keep devouring this series as soon as a new book releases. A second chance romance that will have you laughing and blushing and swooning through every word. Maddie and Shaw are everything. Their chemistry combustible and I love that Maddie stands her ground even when she wants to crumble at his feet. ...more
Vivien Parry
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Protecting the goal!

Shaw is Maddie's brother Marshall's best friend and has liked Maddie for a while. When Marshall goes off to summer camp, they become close and start to date. When Marshall returns home things happen that breaks them apart. Fast forward 18 months and they are at the same University. The chemistry is still between them and once again they grow close. Their book is about first love and first heartbreak. The chemistry is hot and their relationship cute. Another great read from Ja
Donna
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had the opportunity to pre- order this offering instead of waiting for it to become live. So when I discovered it on my kindle at the weekend I looked forward to diving in. Blocked is the third instalment of the Boston Terriers hockey series but can be read as a standalone, however it is always a good idea to start from the beginning of the series as the characters tend to overlap. Maddie Winters is the young 18 year old who graduates from high school and is due to make her way to college life ...more
Deeply Love Reading Blog
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the story of Maddie and Shaw, these characters are so lovable. The relationship between them is a roller coaster ride with it peaks and valleys. Jacob Chance does it again writing a book that you can’t put down.

Blurb:
Shannon Godwin
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying I love everything this author writes! I’m so glad I found his books!
Maddie & Shaw are so sweet. My heart breaks for them, especially Maddie. I love how these two gravitate towards each other. I loved how they actually acted grown up when they meet back up and talking about what happened in the past. I really enjoyed this book and let’s not forget the puppy!!! Awwww.... puppies make everything better!💖💖
Ashley Olson- lovestoread08
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jacob Chance does it again!!! I love all of his books and he is the King of sports romance, but he really out did himself with Blocked!!! This isn't like any other sports romance you have read! A best friend's little sister that will make you beg for more! It is written in two different parts with a time gap. I wish it was longer because I loved the story line and characters so much but it ended perfectly where I didn't feel it ended too quick with unfinished business. I can't wait for the next ...more
Amy J
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Never disappoints! Jacob Chance can string together the perfect words to make romance magic!

I loved Shaw and Maddie together, they are couple perfection! Maddie is just fun and sassy, she made for a perfect character! Shaw can move right I'm and claim some book boyfriend trophies!

I'm always ready for Chances books! I cant wait for more!
Jodie Coman
Shelves: 2020
Loved it
A well written best friends sister romance. A sweet heartwarming love story. Shaw and Maddie had a couple of bumps in the road to get to their HEA. Great chemistry between them and great characters in this story.
Natalie Rhodes
Fabulous read!

I loved Shaw and Maddie! These two were so fun to read. They went through ups and downs like most couples. Their relationship was real and heartbreaking as well. I was so excited to see how this book ended.

This author is my favorite and I guarantee you'll love this book! The words just flow amazingly and I just couldn't get enough!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Missing Page Count 2 9 Apr 21, 2021 06:19AM
Romance Retreat: ★ ★ COVER REVEAL & PREORDER ★ ★ 2 22 Jun 10, 2020 08:09PM
Romance Retreat: #PreorderAvailable 1 15 Jun 08, 2020 12:25AM

• False Start (Virginia Valley University #3)
  • Long Hard Ride : Arranged Marriage, Alpha Cowboy Romance (The Wild Wests Book 3)
  • Pregnant with Boss's Baby (Billionaire Bosses #3)
  • Wait With Me (Wait With Me, #1)
  • Roman (Raleigh Raptors #2)
  • I Hate You
  • Dear Ava
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • A Dark Daddy Story: The Complete Series (Books One to Three): A Psychological Dark Romance
  • Cowboy Bear's Secret Baby (Billionaire Bear Rancher Brothers Book 1)
  • Cowboy Bear's Fake Marriage (Billionaire Bear Rancher Brothers Book 2)
  • Griz
  • Hendrix (Raleigh Raptors #3)
  • Sterling (Carolina Reapers, #6)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Secrets of the World's Worst Matchmaker (The Baileys, #7)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Nixon (Raleigh Raptors #1)
See top shelves…
Jacob Chance grew up in New England and still lives there today. He’s a martial artist, a football fan, a practical joker, and junk food lover.
An international best selling author of romantic suspense and sports romance, Jacob plans on writing many more stories.

Facebook :http://bit.ly/2kqak8Z
Instagram :https://tinyurl.com/y25tntfu
TikTok: https://tinyurl.com/y9qghvwh
Amazon :https://tinyurl.com/y2ls

Boston Terriers Hockey (4 books)
  • Checked (Boston Terriers Hockey, #1)
  • Iced (Boston Terriers Hockey, #2)
  • Hooked (Boston Terriers Hockey, #4)

News & Interviews