Start by marking “His Protective Mates (Broken Oaks Pack Book 1)” as Want to Read:
His Protective Mates (Broken Oaks Pack Book 1)

His Protective Mates (Broken Oaks Pack Book 1)

Marcus Mallory lived in hell under his uncle, a cruel and sadistic alpha that long ago stopped caring who he hurt, including his own family. When Marcus's brother, Lucas, challenges their uncle, the alpha cheats, leaving the brothers no choice but to run for their lives.

Jace “J-Rod” Malone and Aaron Carrington are fated mates, but not your normal pairing. Both are
Published November 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about His Protective Mates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Protective Mates

Start your review of His Protective Mates (Broken Oaks Pack Book 1)
Alan Veren
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, LN Manning has captured me with an awesome story. It continues the series, Broken Oaks Pack 1.
Book 1- Escaping Their Pasts, is a great love story. The characters are lovable and the story well written.
Book 2-Defending their Bond, is a love story for the Ages. Bulldog and Edward, the main characters, broke through to my heart with their love for each other. The fact that Bulldog is a Shifter Mage only heightens the story.
Book 3- His Protective Mates, is the latest of the series. And
JoAnn
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

I’ll be the first to admit I’ve seen this book quite often but have skipped because of the cover. I expected it to have some type of kink in it, like puppy play or something... to my surprise through it had none of it and actually turned out to be a decent smutty read.

A few things that kept me from loving it:

I love the smuts.... but this had quite a few over drawn sec scenes... I started skimming after so long.

And then I felt like the drama was a little forced... by the second “
Sue
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OUTSTANDING

This book is exciting. I'm a shifter loving fool. This story is a fated mate story. It has a shifter I never even considered a Liger. Yep, it is what it sounds like, Awesome!! Aaron is an Alpha Liger, Jace is an Alpha Lion, Marcus is a Beta Wolf. The three of them are true fated mates. Can you say.... HOT! HOT!! HOT!!! This is one of those unique stories that I'm sooo happy I read. L.N. MANNING has created a world of shifters that is a little different but very exciting. Two books
Brandy
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, would recommend to anyone.
Coline Peterson
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marcus was on the run after his Alpha and brother Lucas who was injured during a fight for the pack when the Alpha their uncle cheated. They end up at Jonathan's their cousins' house, Jonathan calls together a group friends to help Lucas defeat the Alpha and take the pack. When called Aaron and Jace come to help, theirs has always been an interesting relationship because when your fated mate is another Alpha, it can be difficult but they love each other enough to work it out so when they meet ...more
Evangeline  Baldwin
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable! This is one of the most sexiest and page turning books I have read in a long time. I couldn’t put it down, and it will be on the top of my reread list for a while to come! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book! Type faster LN, I need MORE!!
Missy
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
His Protective Mates was a Phenomenal book, L.N. Manning is a Outstanding Author. The storyline between Jace, Arron, and Marcus is Sweet, Combustible, Caring. The way these three get together is sweet. This book gave me all kinds of feels from loving to sitting on the edge of my seat. I just loved how all the characters were there for each other within the pack. I highly recommend this book to everyone that will listen.
Joni
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marcus, Jace, and Aaron are the fated mates in this book by L.N Manning. Jace and Aaron are 2 Alpha that are already mated but don't have a mind link until the meet Marcus and mate with him. Then they do. L.N Manning has a way of spinning a story in her own way and putting together diferent and unique shifters together that is just amazing!! I can't wait to see what she comes out with next.
Beverly
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This started out hot (just as I like it) and kept on going full throttle to the end. I loved seeing the mind link between mates/partners, because it shows a real closeness imo. I love the liger shifter. They are so rarely used and utterly awesome as a species! So.e drama and dangerous situations that made me ugly cry! Thanks! The last half of the book is jam packed with action and danger non stop. I was reeling and couldn't catch my breath! Aaron's parents had tunnel vision and needed ...more
Cassie Calbert
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Jace, Aaron, and Marcus! His Protective Mates is another win for L.N. Manning. I was pulled into the story which is full of action and hot scenes. It was a fast paced engrossing story and I can't wait for the next book!
AL
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very good addition to the previous books from this author. I like how the two series intertwine and start at almost the same point! It was fun and hot and full of shifters. Enough said.
Deb Swietek
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when Fate hands you TWO mates? Enjoy!

This is a remarkable start to a series. The characters are well thought out and full of life. The book is fast paced, keeping you on your toes. I got pulled in to the story and did not want to leave. I loved this book.
This book has it all: a Fated triad, an unscrupulous Alpha, despicable henchmen, loving brothers, loyal friends, terrible parents, steamy sex, and not one, but two kidnappings! You will love this book.
This tells the tale of
april
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really fatalistic mates story!

We jump right in to a fight for the alpha position, when someone interferes and our main characters are on the run. Next add in 2 new alpha mates for the beta, a fight to save the pack and other situations, and this is an entertaining and fascinating story!
Virginia Lee
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book in Broken Oaks Pack Series. I just fell in love with Marcus in this story. To see him overcome so much and the unbreakable bond he has with his mates Aaron and Jace. Will get to see more of the ones that help Lucas become what he was meant to be. If you love stories about shifters then this is a must read book today. I cant wait to see what happens next. Highly recommend this book and check it out today
Kat
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This started with a lot of action and a touching bond between brothers. Lucas has to heal from his injuries a bit before he can challenge the Alpha for control of the pack. On the day they are to make their stand, his brother Marcus finds his mates.

So we get fated mates, a threesome, visits from friends in prior books (I haven’t read them and it isn’t required to enjoy this story) a mystery and a whole lot of smexy time. Just when you think it’s over- ta da! Another outrageous thing happens.
Tam
Again, I'm a huge fan of m/m/m but in this case these three guys had worse luck than anyone I know. Marcus and his brother escape their cray-cray alpha and their cousin who had left the pack gathers his friends to get rid of the alpha once and for all. In amongst the motley crew of shifters are a lion and a liger who discover Marcus is their mate. So (listing the bad luck) (view spoiler) ...more
Monica S
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding your mate

Great story of finding dates mates and helping to balance the wrong that alpha of pack is doing.
Marcus has always wanted to find his mate but his pack was not friendly to him being gay. His brother Lucas fights his uncle for position of alpha for the pack. His uncle cheats so they have to flee but they flee to the only place they can to his cousins house. His cousin was banned because he was gay by his own father. His cousin helps get men together to go back and right the
Taya
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Its always a joy to see a new author come into her own.
At the beginning of the book it ties in with the first book in the Crescent Edge Pack where Lucas, Marcus's brother gets injured fighting for Alpha. Its recommended you read the prior books first.
It seemed the Gods had it out for Aaron, Jace and Marcus. I don't think the use of drama was overdone, though poor Marcus.
I liked how each character had their own personality and you could get that from reading, sometimes with most books I can't
Nessa
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic, and having a liger shifter as one of the main characters was absolutely unique and awesome. I totally loved the author's style of writing and the story flowed at a nice steady pace. It definitely held my attention with all of the action, and dangerous moments that were involved. The feelings of the characters were very well conveyed and I was immensely absorbed into the story. I'm so excited to read the next book in the series. This was quite extraordinary. Great book. ...more
Kitty Pride
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not quite what the pic looks like

Well... this is a new author to me so when I saw 3 hot leather clad “bears” on the cover I was in. There ended the dream but the reality was pretty cool too.

Two super sexy cat shifters find there forever mate in a sweet wolf with long time pack issues and a caring older ALPHA brother.

The sexy was hot and the characters endured ( though we still know little of Jace’s background).

Looking forward to the next book in the series. Worth the read.
PurpleBunny♡
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Good story line, likable characters

I rarely give a low rating, but trying to get through all the typos and grammar errors was so frustrating that it took away the joy and flow of the story.
Please find a better editor! I'm not sure if I want to risk reading another book by this author. However, I'm curious about the 2nd book of this series.
So many books .....
Donna Miley
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting and sexy

This was a new to me author, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Well, a liger, lion and wolf mating is bound to be ... adventurous. Chaos and sexy times both ensue. I'd give this book 4.5 stars for some spelling and grammar errors, but they weren't too distracting. Good, solid enjoyable mmm shifter book.
Emma Brown
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I can't wait for more from this author.
Tess
Melissa
rated it it was ok
Dec 05, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Fixing Little Red (Different Hearts, #2)
  • Twice Shy (Javier Coven #2)
  • Once Bitten (Javier Coven, #1)
  • Tony and His Tiger (Oh My! #3)
  • Rules to Obey (Davey's Rules, #5)
  • Caring For Little Ollie (Different Hearts, #1)
  • Nervous Nate
  • Omega's Power (Irresistible Omegas, #7)
  • The Christmas Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #1)
  • Mine to Save (Pine Ridge Pack #1)
  • Homerun Daddy (Timberwood Cove, #1)
  • Silver Daddy (Timberwood Cove #5)
  • Ezra's Awakening: A Blood and Bones Christmas (Vampires of Blood and Bones #4)
  • A Pebble for Lewis
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • Alpha's Obedience (Irresistible Omegas #6)
  • Scarification (Irons and Works #6)
  • An Egg for Ansel (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #2)