Start by marking “First Street” as Want to Read:
First Street

First Street

As four young clerks dive headfirst into the world of the Supreme Court, they’re forced to face the high-pressure decisions and shocking secrets that could make or break their careers. (8 episodes total.)

Over their year as clerks, four recent law school graduates—Charlotte, Odessa, Gabriel and Jack—will influence the way our biggest issues of today—from the death penalty t
Audiobook
Published January 8th 2020 by Serial Box

To ask other readers questions about First Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Street

Start your review of First Street
Norma
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-requests
Gripping, dramatic, and absolutely unputdownable! Suits anyone?

FIRST STREET was such a fun, excellent, fast-paced, and intriguing story that revolves around four recent law school graduates--Charlotte, Odessa, Gabriel and Jack. They are all clerks for Justices at the Supreme Court and they also happen to all reside together. It is packed full of humour, personal drama, political intrigue with a touch of romance and suspense to it. I thought the legal side of the storyline was extremely easy to f
Catherine McKenzie
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
So excited for this new joint project with some awesome writers! So much fun to write and read! Please add it to your to-read list and look for it in January!
Melissa
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I usually don't read books set in a legal environment, they tend to be too complicated and I don't like that. But when I was approached to read an advanced copy of a new book by Catherine McKenzie, who I love, I decided to give the book a chance, and I'm glad I did.

The characters are well defined, and it's a really fast-paced read. I really like Suits, the TV series, and it felt like it, but with Supreme Court clerks.

I can't wait to read the sequel, because the book ends with a major cliffhange
Andrea
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to get an advance copy of this novel. I LOVED it! It is an inside peek into the Supreme Court with a touch of mystery, romance, humor and more. A group of millennials all clerk for Justices at the Supreme Court and live in a house together.

The characters are exceedingly well drawn. The plot starts immediately and moves quickly.

This book must have a sequel as it deliciously leaves unanswered questions.

With this many award winning authors, the book was destined to be good but it is ac
Amy!
I really enjoyed this! I was not sure about a serial about lawyers (though I do love a good lawyer TV show), but Jasmine Guillory wrote one of the episodes (the most romance centric one, natch) and convinced me to give it a go. I really liked all the main characters except the one who is such a tool you're supposed to hate him, and I'm very outraged at the way this season ended! I am hopeful that there will be more! ...more
Cmoore
Nov 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF'd... I suppose that there was nothing wrong with the book... it's just that nothing about it interested me, not the story or the characters although I only got a few chapters into the book, I figured I had given the author plenty of time to set the hook and draw me in... So the book was definitely not for me!
As a side note Janina Edwards narration was fine!
Grace
Dec 20, 2020 marked it as to-read
Oh shit it’s a rom com book about law clerks!!!!!
Rochelle Weinstein
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So far I'm three episodes in and LOVING the writing and characters. Stay tuned..... ...more
Susan
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Guess what? This is the first season. Which means that there are cliff hangers at the end. I realized that in part 7 and now wonder when the second season is coming out. So many things I need to find out! I love listening to the four supreme court clerks, learning their backgrounds and temperaments. I can't wait to listen to the next season! ...more
Devin Milford
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
My first serial book and I loved it! It was a challenge to wait for a new chapter each week, but I appreciated that it kept me from binging the whole book!
Rafa
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read/audio book! It’s very reminiscent of Suits, which I like. The sad part is that there are only 8 episodes/chapters for the first season. Many others have 15-16.

I’m hoping for a second season soon! I can’t get enough!!
Darlene Golbitz
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting and compelling judicial drama, well presented as a serial podcast. I enjoyed listening and am anxiously awaiting more episodes!
Stacy
Feb 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I have really mixed feelings about this book.

The "serial" format, of releasing a chapter a week just isn't for me. It was driving me nuts to have the story spread out like that and I started several weeks in to the release so it was less than 8 weeks of one chapter at a time I faced.

But the final chapter, filled with more cliffhangers than I can count assures that I'll return for "season 2" without a doubt.

Each chapter was written by a different author and for the most part that was seamless,
Michael Mercer
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: serialbox
Don't like the cliffhanger ending. Otherwise the book and narration were pretty good. ...more
Esteban

• Marvel's Black Widow: Bad Blood
  • 28 Summers
  • The Vanishing Half
  • A Good Marriage
Catherine McKenzie was born and raised in Montreal, Canada. A graduate of McGill in History and Law, Catherine practiced law in Montreal for twenty years before retiring to write full time. An avid runner and skier, she's the author of numerous bestsellers including HIDDEN, FRACTURED, THE GOOD LIAR and I'LL NEVER TELL. Her works have been translated into multiple languages.

In 2019, I'LL NEVER TELL