Start by marking “Behemoth” as Want to Read:
Behemoth

Behemoth

A DEADLY ACCIDENT
After losing three local boys to a devastating car crash in the upstate village of Morris, New York, the neighboring town of Ashford suffers even more tragedy over the next couple of weeks when several townspeople mysteriously vanish in the middle of the night. Sensing that theres a rational explanation, however strange it may be, local reporter Robert
Published October 24th 2019 by Bloodshot Books (first published 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Behemoth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behemoth

Start your review of Behemoth
Steve Stred
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
** Edited as review is now live on Kendall Reviews! **

Big thanks to Pete and Bloodshot Books for sending this my way.

Im not a fan of the frequently overused phrase unputdownable but there really is no other way to describe this book.

We open up following a trio of young men going for a joyride and ending up on the small town of Morris. The town has an odd reputation. No one goes out at night and no one leaves the town.

The boys crash the car which breaks a centuries-old boundary, keeping the
Sidney Prescott
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Behemoth is a book written by HP Newquist. It takes us on a journey with our main protagonist, Robert Garrahan, who is a Journalist from New York City. Garrahan stumbles upon a small-town, Morris, in upstate New York, which has its many secrets.

The book itself is written in a journal form with corresponding dates and times that the events in the book take place. The book starts with a huge bang and it steamrolls all throughout its entirety. From the build of the story, to the descriptions of
Gloria
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Full review on gloriamcneelywriter.com

A monster of biblical proportions that brings out the worst in its worshipers, Behemoth will make you wonder about that strange town down the road and its even stranger inhabitants.

This book focused a little too much on the characters researching rather than progressing the story while time was of the essence. However, it was still enjoyable and kept me interested until the end.
Dave Hill
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent 1st novel by veteran science writer. This is a gripping first novel by one of my favorite science writers. HP Newquist grabs your attention in the first few pages and doesnt let go until the very end. Behemoth is a nice combination of horror and wry humor, interspersed with twists and turns as the characters travel through fictional towns in New England and Upstate NY.
Im ready for novel #2!
TJ
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fast paced and exciting read full of intrigue and suspense. And an unexpected plot twist made this book very hard to put down.
Con
is currently reading it
 Reading Reindeer
Laurie

• True Crime
  • Dreams of Lake Drukka & Exhumation (Short Sharp Shocks! #31)
  • If I Die Before I Wake: Tales of Karma and Fear (The Better Off Dead Series #1)
  • The Killing Moon
  • Under the Wicked Moon: A Novel
  • The Best Horror of the Year Volume Four
  • Aliens: Phalanx
  • Amber & Dusk (Amber & Dusk, #1)
  • Diamond & Dawn (Amber & Dusk, #2)
  • Sub Zero
  • Doll House
  • Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6)
  • Survivors' Club: The Complete Series
  • Verify (Verify #1)
  • Bones of the Dragon (Dragonships of Vindras, #1)
  • The House of the Four Winds (One Dozen Daughters, #1)
  • Best Horror of the Year Volume 10
  • Those Who Went Remain There Still
HP Newquist's books and articles have been published all over the world, and his writing has been translated into languages from kanji to farsi.
All told, he has written more than two dozen books and hundreds of articles, along with numerous awards and citations.

His writing spans a vast array of interests and issues. In the late 1980s and 1990s he wrote extensively about artificial intelligence

News & Interviews