Start by marking “Behemoth” as Want to Read:
Behemoth

Behemoth

A DEADLY ACCIDENT
After losing three local boys to a devastating car crash in the upstate village of Morris, New York, the neighboring town of Ashford suffers even more tragedy over the next couple of weeks when several townspeople mysteriously vanish in the middle of the night. Sensing that there’s a rational explanation, however strange it may be, local reporter Robert Ga
Published October 24th 2019 by Bloodshot Books (first published 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Behemoth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behemoth

Start your review of Behemoth
Janelle Janson
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, horror, cd
Review to come
Andrew Fowlow
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Morris is a weird little town off the beaten path with a monstrous secret. It's people are a strange folk that keep to themselves and until recently, protected their community and it's righteous religious beliefs. After a number of visits to this backwards village, Robert Garrahan finds himself transfixed by its inhabitants and their peculiar behaviour. Garrahan's life drastically changes when a man from Morris, Bruce Donahue, escapes the town in hopes of revealing the terrifying truth the townf ...more
Sherry Fundin
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
A freak accident, a young girl, a mystery that Robert feels compelled to solve and he is drawn deeper and deeper into the evil that lives in Morris.

“Behemoth is God’s greatest creature.”

Robert Garrahan is one his way to his cabin and stops for gas. He meets a young girl, Abby. Each time he visits his cabin, he looks forward to stopping and saying hi to her…until one day she isn’t there. He can’t forget about her, so, regardless of all the road blocks he runs into, he looks for her.

What’s going o
Steve Stred
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
** Edited as review is now live on Kendall Reviews! **

Big thanks to Pete and Bloodshot Books for sending this my way.

I’m not a fan of the frequently overused phrase “unputdownable” but there really is no other way to describe this book.

We open up following a trio of young men going for a joyride and ending up on the small town of Morris. The town has an ‘odd’ reputation. No one goes out at night and no one leaves the town.

The boys crash the car which breaks a centuries-old boundary, keeping the
James Hold
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spooky.
Ray Palen
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
'Behemoth is God's greatest creature. One of his most terrifying. According to Job, Chapter 40, Verses 15 to 18, Behemoth was made at the same time as man. It was monstrously large and extremely powerful...and God put that beast here specifically to remind us there are creatures more powerful than man.'

This Biblical reference about a creature that may, purportedly, still be walking the earth is just chilling. Quite frankly, it speaks to all the supposed sightings of creatures such as Bigfoot, Ye
Krystal Klosowski
Eh. It was okay. I went in expecting more than I got. Definitely too “religious cult” for me. Not your traditional “scary”. 2.5 stars for me, but rounded up to 3.
Sidney Prescott
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Behemoth is a book written by HP Newquist. It takes us on a journey with our main protagonist, Robert Garrahan, who is a Journalist from New York City. Garrahan stumbles upon a small-town, Morris, in upstate New York, which has its many secrets.

The book itself is written in a journal form with corresponding dates and times that the events in the book take place. The book starts with a huge bang and it steamrolls all throughout its entirety. From the build of the story, to the descriptions of th
Candace Nola
Apr 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is so much to say about this story that I barely know where to begin. Let’s start with “Holy Hell, what a ride!” I am a huge fan of creature features and this delivered in so many glorious ways. HP Newquist is a new to me writer, with a large background in non-fiction. “Behemoth” is his first novel and it’s one hell of a debut!

Finely crafted characters, a richly detailed small town, a large dose of history and some religious scriptures all combine to make one chiling tale of the “Behemoth.
Ashley Hettinger
Great creepy read.
Dave Hill
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent 1st novel by veteran science writer. This is a gripping first novel by one of my favorite science writers. HP Newquist grabs your attention in the first few pages and doesn’t let go until the very end. “Behemoth“ is a nice combination of horror and wry humor, interspersed with twists and turns as the characters travel through fictional towns in New England and Upstate NY.
I’m ready for novel #2!
Ashley...(BookNerd)
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was enthralled from the first to the final page! A perfect mix of mystery and horror with plenty of twists to keep the reader guessing! Love love love!
Erica Robyn Metcalf
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Behemoth by H.P. Newquist is a tale that centers around a biblical monster and a town that will do everything they can to appease the beast…

Full disclosure: I was given a free copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my rating in any way.

When the story begins, we meet a man that is traveling between New York City and his cabin out in the country. As he stops for gas one day, he meets a young girl that is interested in the radio station he’s playing fr
Matt (TeamRedmon)
I had trouble with this book, there just wasn't enough tension to keep me invested. I started it and was intrigued by the opening with teenagers crashing a 'borrowed' car and then being attacked by a monster, however after that my interest fell off pretty quickly. The creepy small town didn't sink its claws into me because there wasn't enough time given to the mystery before the solution is presented very early in the book. The author includes A LOT of biblical quotes and while I understand that ...more
Gloria
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Full review on gloriamcneelywriter.com

A monster of biblical proportions that brings out the worst in it’s worshipers, Behemoth will make you wonder about that strange town down the road and it’s even stranger inhabitants.

This book focused a little too much on the characters researching rather than progressing the story while time was of the essence. However, it was still enjoyable and kept me interested until the end.
Horror DNA
May 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: tony-jones
Behemoth has a decent opening sequence and goes rapidly downhill from that moment on, with there being very little worth recommending in this novel.

You can read Tony's full review at Horror DNA by clicking here.
Kaili (Owl Book World)
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Behemoth is a horror book where a town is haunted by something creepy. Nearly everyone has seen it at one point or another but they are all afraid of it.
Behemoth is a really creepy novel that shows you where religion can sometimes take you. Even though it's supposed to lift you up it can also lead you down the wrong path if you interpret things the wrong way.
Anne Folger
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely gripping story that keeps you on the end of your seat until the last page!!
Nicole Amburgey
May 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Are you in the market for small-town secrets? How about an old testament cult? A whirlwind novel of mystery, murder, and disappearances? Well, friends, look no further – Behemoth is here to scratch that itch!

Robert Garrahan, a journalist by trade, has been making weekend trips between New York City and his small cabin in upstate New York to work on his book of New York architecture. One weekend, he detours into the small town of Morris for gas and is struck by the odd little town. It seems as th
Thomas Joyce
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book begins with a few passages from the bible, all concerning the existence of a fearsome creature whose only purpose is to remind mankind of their lowly place in God’s plan. As with all faiths, there are those followers who pick and choose what rules to follow and how strictly they adhere to the rules. At the other end of the spectrum, there are the religious zealots, those who very clearly see the line drawn in the sand, those who follow the bible without question. The inhabitants of smal ...more
TJ
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fast paced and exciting read full of intrigue and suspense. And an unexpected plot twist made this book very hard to put down.
Ulf Henriksson

• The Wendigo
  • The Roo
  • If It Bleeds
  • Lucid Screams
HP Newquist has written more than two dozen books, including national award winners This Will Kill You, Here There Be Monsters, and The Book Of Blood. Newquist has regularly explored the reality underlying the things that scare us. This time, it is Newquist’s new book - BEHEMOTH - that will scare you.

Newquist writes about everything from artificial intelligence and weird science to music and medic