Start by marking “The Doors of Eden” as Want to Read:
The Doors of Eden

The Doors of Eden

Lees best friend went missing on Bodmin Moor, four years ago. She and Mal were chasing rumours of monsters when they found something all too real. Now Mal is back, but where has she been, and who is she working for?

When government physicist Kay Amal Khan is attacked, the security services investigate. This leads MI5s Julian Sabreur deep into terrifying new territory, where
ebook
Expected publication: May 28th 2020 by Tor

To ask other readers questions about The Doors of Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doors of Eden

Start your review of The Doors of Eden
James Lafayette Tivendale
I received an uncorrected proof copy of The Doors of Eden in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank Adrian Tchaikovsky and Tor for the opportunity.

Four years ago, young lovers Lee and Mal went in search of the Birdman of Bodmin. The girls were cryptid hunters and they were fascinated by the unexplained including creatures such as the aforementioned Birdman, the Sasquatch and the Loch Ness Monster. During their hunt on the moors of Bodmin, events took a turn for the worse and only
Nick Borrelli
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adrian Tchaikovsky has always been one of my "must read" authors. Part of the reason why is that he is so incredibly adept at creating magnificent and compelling stories across multiple genres. Over the years he has written some excellent science-fiction, space opera, as well as epic fantasy. If you get a chance to check out some of his previous works, you will see exactly what I'm talking about.

I had no idea that Adrian had a brand new book coming out this Spring (May 28th to be precise) until
Olivia
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Netgalley ARC.

* Tchaikovsky is a will read anything author for me.
* This has parallel worlds and is mostly science fiction.
* Lots of evolutionary biology. If evolutionary speculation and analysis of how life on our world could have evolved differently isnt your jam, this probably isnt for you.
* If you always wanted to know what the world could look like if there were more lemurs or giant centipedes, this is for you.
* lesbians, trans characters and more diversity.
* Possibly a bit on the nose
Kate
Children of Time is one of my very favourite novels and so I read The Doors of Eden the moment I could. It's thoroughly entertaining as it immerses us in its fractured worlds. Some intriguing and extremely varied main characters! Gorgeous descriptions, some moments to make you shiver and others to make you laugh, plus an important message. Review to follow closer to publication on For Winter Nights.
Kirsty ❤️
Mar 06, 2020 rated it liked it
It took me a while to get into this one. The book has 6 different points of view covering the disappearance and then reappearance of Mal several years later. It also has interludes of a book discussing other potential earths and what life would be like on them. It's those chapters that lost me a bit. I'm not so hot on hard sci-fi and I haven't read this author before although I've heard lots of good things. It#s quite pacy and builds well and there's some good world building but ultimately a ...more
Andreas
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, science-fiction
Two British girls Lee and Mal write articles for Fortean Times which specializes on speculations about anomalous phenomena, Cryptozoology (think of Yetis), or conspiracy theories. Out in the Wales landscape, they encounter a mysterious bird man, and it seems that their journalistic dream came true. Only that one of them got lost for several years. Four years later, the story sets off by slowly opening the doors to alternative Earths in parallel universes. Don't expect Werewolfes jump scaring you ...more
Xavi
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: llegits-2020
7'5/10
El planteamiento y los personajes me han gustado bastante, así como la resolución, que era difícil. Lástima que lo he encontrado un pelíiin largo, algunas tramas se podrían haber aligerado.
Me gusta este autor, pero todavía no he encontrado una obra suya que me convenza tanto como Herederos del Tiempo.
Ithil
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daaaaaaaamn that was good.

I may be strongly biased with Tchaikovskys writing and I have received this book from the publisher in exchange of an honest review but the following review will be my honest review.

If you liked Children of Time you are probably gonna love this book. And if you though Children of Time was amazing, blew your mind and you are struggling to find something even better to keep you going: you definitely need this book. The Doors of Eden draws inspiration from the likes of
Lukasz
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, sci-fi, netgalley, lgbt
Adrian Tchaikovsky continues to impress. Is there a genre he hasnt tried yet? In The Doors of Eden he looks at parallel worlds coming together and the things that are coming through the cracks. Ever considered taking a deep dive into a multiverse of parallel Earths? If yes, dont wait any longer and experience an insane interdimensional adventure.

Lee and Mal, two British girls fascinated by cryptozoology, are an item. During their hunt for a mysterious Birdman somewhere in Wales, they make a
Jacob Aron
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You never quite know what to expect from a new Adrian Tchaikovsky novel, but you can safely assume it will involve sentient creepy-crawlies. The British sci-fi and fantasy author memorably brought a civilisation of intelligent spiders to life in the award-winning Children of Time, but his latest book, The Doors of Eden, takes this idea one further, uplifting species across the whole of Earths evolutionary history.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/...
Alex Sarll
Two girlfriends, their parents* not even considering that they're more than gals being pals, also share another interest in Fortean phenomena, cryptids and the like. On one of their holidays following up on grainy online videos, they realise far too late that the hunt and the hints were fun, but genuinely coming face to face with something not of this world is terrifying and extremely dangerous. Only one of them returns. And then, years later, the other gets in touch, with a 'phone call that ...more
Chris
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
*copy from Netgalley in exchange for a review*

The Doors of Eden is a new standalone novel from Adrian Tchaikovsky, whose other books Ive been known to talk about very highly. If Im honest, I went into this excited, and with pretty high expectations. And you know what, its a great book. A sci-fi thriller, which mixes the authors trademark grand scope and big ideas, with some gritty, kick-arse action, and some characters whose depth and heart gives the novel a strong, genuine sense of humanity.

Sean
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Received from Pan Macmillan and Netgalley for honest read and review.
I have read a couple of books from Adrian Tchaikovsky,and I have to say that this is up there as one of his best.Really enjoyed this one from start to finish.

Centres around 2 main characters Mal and Lee and how their lives split into parallel worlds.
A brilliant concept that was really well written that had me hooked right from the start.

I am not normally a great loverr of sci-fi fantasy ,but this one was really worth it.
Sambora
Ohhhh damn that was SO good!

RTC
Paul Sparks
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am constantly amazed by the authors imagination and ability to build world's and fill them with characters of such depth and personality that in his previous books I have actually empathised with spiders and octopi!! Whilst this book leaves the esoteric species aside it is a book rich in ideas and invention, I would be afraid to have his dreams

E
Borja
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full English review

Reseña completa en

Resulta interesante comprobar como Adrian Tchaikovsky se ha ido moviendo desde una decalogía de fantasía con la que se dio a conocer hace más de diez años, Shadows of the Apt, hacia libros de ciencia ficción donde está explorando buena parte de los temas más clásicos de la ciencia ficción. De hecho, hasta donde recuerdo y puedo estar equivocado, su producción publicada en estos
Emma
Gabriel Blanaru
Matt
James
Oct 30, 2019

• The Girl and the Stars (Book of the Ice, #1)
  • A Time of Courage (Of Blood and Bone, #3)
  • Camelot (The Arthurian Tales, #2)
  • The Golden Key
  • Light of Impossible Stars
  • Upright Women Wanted
  • The God Game
  • Ancestral Night (White Space, #1)
  • Historias de Hann
  • Savages
  • Made to Order: Robots and Revolution
  • Fate of the Fallen (The Shroud of Prophecy, #1)
  • Master of Sorrows (The Silent Gods, #1)
  • The Shadow Saint (The Black Iron Legacy, #2)
  • Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5)
  • Crownbreaker (Spellslinger, #6)
  • The Holdout
  • Bloodchild
ADRIAN TCHAIKOVSKY was born in Lincolnshire and studied zoology and psychology at Reading, before practising law in Leeds. He is a keen live role-player and occasional amateur actor and is trained in stage-fighting. His literary influences include Gene Wolfe, Mervyn Peake, China Miéville, Mary Gently, Steven Erikson, Naomi Novak, Scott Lynch and Alan Campbell.