Start by marking “Without You” as Want to Read:
Without You

Without You

“Tragedy brought us together, but something stronger made me want to stay.”

Julian was the boy next door. My brother’s best friend, he fit with my family in ways I never could. While he and Rhett went on to play house, I left the only life I knew, desperate for a fresh start.

Until everything changed.

Heartache came along, and the aftermath of my brother’s death was here to s
Published March 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Without You, please sign up.

Start your review of Without You
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Without You is a stand alone M/M romance by Marley Valentine. This is a beautiful, unforgettable story of finding love after loss. It’s the story of two men finding the healing power of love in a way they never imagined.

Deacon Sutton grew up in Billings, Montana. He never felt like he fit in with his family, like he measured up. He moved to Seattle, Washington to start his own business, a successful mechanic’s shop, and to try to find happiness apart from his family. But it always eluded him.

carved box - Google Search

D
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
Without-You-ezgif-com-video-to-gif
The second I saw this beautiful cover, I was done... but once I read the blurb? I knew I HAD to read this book!!! 😍❤

Deacon and Julian were never friends, but tragedy brought them together. 🙏
Rhett, Deacon's younger brother and Julian's boyfriend - died - and all they feel is grief and remorse. 💔

Deacon comes from a loving family, but he never felt that love... It's been years since Deacon left to Seattle, far from the people who judge him at every opportunity - but on the first anniversary of
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Six Stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

You know that moment you finish a book and you just know you’re going to remember it forever. That’s this book. It's EVERYTHING I love about MM storytelling.

I was in a bit of a book funk after some recent treasures & couldn’t find a story to capture me. Something that let me escape. Then boom along comes Without You.

I felt connected to these characters from almost their first scene. Something in them resonated with me and I had to force myself to slow down while reading a
Shile
Audiobook - 4stars

Story - 3.75 stars

I am knocking off the 1.25 stars because of that breathe Deacon had to release and the unnecessary PDA.😵😏

I have been reading lots of mm contemporary lately and enjoying them, I need to be checked out, it is so unlike me. Aliens have invaded my body.😑😁

Anyhoo, long story short, I enjoyed this one thanks to Annery's review.😍 I mourn that awesome review.😩

I found the story interesting, angsty and sweet. Deacon, bless his heart, I loved him. Julian is one incredibl
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
6/2/2021...HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!

The audiobook is on sale for $3.99 on Chirp for a limited time.

_________
Audio 5++ Stars
Story 4.5 Stars

I loved this! There was just enough push pull at the beginning to keep it interesting, but not exhausting/frustrating. Overall, I loved how the relationship developed between the MCs.
I didn't care for the grand gesture. It seemed more self serving than romantic. That's the only reason I'm knocking off .5 star and not roundin
Isabella. R
5 Perfect Distraction Stars ⭐

"Honor his memory by living."

Two men brought together by loss and despair. Deacon and Julian were never friends. But they were once linked by Rhett. The man who was a brother to Deacon and a lover to Julian. With his passing, all that's left is grief and regret. Where Deacon left town years ago choosing avoidance, Julian has remained behind barely existing.

Deacon comes from a loving family except he's never felt the love extended to him. Now living in Seattle and ru
Nazanin
Mar 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2020
3.5 "Mr. Broody" Stars

Sometimes I wonder if death really is the worst thing, because being alive and feeling so empty and hollow seems to be much worse.

Deacon had grown up feeling like the wrong puzzle piece, not really fitting in anywhere, not really doing anything exceptional. He tried to find his feet within his family, but it never felt like it was enough.

A year ago, Deacon’s brother (Rhett) died from cancer and left Deacon with grief and sadness. His life without his brother was empty. His
Snjez
Mar 24, 2020 marked it as dnf
K. Webster
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Words. I have none. Marley Valentine poured all the beautiful ones onto the pages of Without You, leaving me speechless. Stunned. Emotionally wrecked. I don’t even know where to begin. All I know is she wrecked my heart and then stitched it back up in the most perfect way ever. This book made me bawl. I felt every crushing emotion these heroes went through. Every single one of them. I bled when they bled. Cried when they cried. Laughed when they laughed. Marley blew my mind, shredded my soul, an ...more
Maartje
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Without You is an epic love story that unifies two lost souls. This story deserves its 4 star rating from me.

I started reading this book with zero expectations and it turns out to be an amazingly heartbreaking and cute story?!

Before picking Without You up, I never heard of the author Mary Valentine. Also I was a bit skeptical because of the story arc. A straight guy falling for his dead brother's boyfriend? I was expecting it to be weird or even uncomfortable. However, the relationship developm
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
Was good, real. A little slow. Did get me a little pangs in the heart toward the end.
Kelsey Renae
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance
I absolutely devoured this novel. It was my first from this author and definitely not my last. It contains a variety of tropes that felt unique and poignant to both main characters. This story contains hurt/comfort, bisexual awakening, and second chances. I could not put this romance down and anxiously anticipate more from this wonderful author. This was a story that immediately grabs your attention as you move forward on a fantastic journey.
Marley Valentine
Jan 31, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Available NOW and FREE with Kindle Unlimited

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2wKjC5j
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/38DLHsg
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2Q9tyft
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2Q5QPPi
Audible (Available for Whispersync): https://amzn.to/2ZWOiw9

Add it to your TBR: http://bit.ly/WithoutYouGR

For more information make sure you sign up to my newsletter or join my reader group:

Join: bit.ly/MOFOs
Newsletter exclusives: https://bit.ly/MVBooks

Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
May 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
The first half was really good dealing with death, grief, forbidden romance kind of theme. But the second part was so damn irritatingly cheesy, annoying and boring. I mean why the heck does it to be like that? Damn. It got so freaking dramatic, overreacting and just... So damn disappointing.
Vanna
4 Finding-love-after-grief & heartbreak Stars!! 💔 😍. This was such an emotional roller-coaster but I just couldn't put it down😢 Marley Valentine is a new author to me, but I had read a few rave reviews of this book which encouraged me to give this a try and I'm so glad that I did. 🤩
Deacon and Julian have never been friendly, despite Julian being almost a part of the Sutton (Deacon's) family; first as Rhett's (Deacon's younger brother) best friend and then as his boyfriend. But shared grief brin
Crystal Bell
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Bloody Hell, I have never cried so much over a raw, emotional, and beautiful MM book. Ever. Words alone can not express how much I am grateful to read Deacon and Julian's story. This is the kind of book that touches your soul and heart and will stay with you for life. If I could give more than five stars, I would.

Deacon never felt like he belonged with his family, especially with his mother. Deacon's brother, best friend, and boyfriend have always fit in with Deacon's family, which has caused
Miriam
5++++++++ stars audio.
4 romantic love story stars. Would've been a 5 star read but I felt like 80% of it was overshadowed by a pall of sadness because of how everyone dealt with Rhett's death. And the eye-rolling cheesy part in the epilogue. Grand public gestures just aren't my thing.
JESSI ☾
**re-read 01/28/2021**
I've been seeing this book everywhere over the last couple of weeks so that I knew I had to do a re-read. Mainly because this was my first MM book EVER and I just wanted to see if the story held up the way it did in mind. The answer to that is 100% YES!!

If possible, I loved Deacon and Julian even more the second time around. The last time I read this book I was so absorbed in the story that I read it with fury just trying to see what was going to come of their story. This
Jen (jensdreamylittlereads)
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Plain and simple, straight to the point: This book was STUNNING. Absolutely 100% stunning. All of it. Every single page. Every single word.
I don’t even know how to put into words how much I loved this story and I’m having trouble writing a review that will do it any form of justice. I can tell you that Marley Valentine has so hooked me with her unforgettable characters, heart wrenching love story and poignant writing.

Without You had me captivated from the first passage and took me on a path of
Denise H.
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An unlikely, but marvelous connection is made !

A deep, delving tale of family dysfunction and the loss of a brother...
Deacon, shares his auto shop business with his best buddy, Wade, and Deacon has been treated badly by his Mom. Rhett was garnering the attention, especially when he battled cancer. Rhett was Julian’s partner, who cared for him throughout the illness.
Rhett left Deacon a letter, so he did what was asked of him, but he ended up more involved.
There are other family members that a
Sanaa
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5+ stars.

Plain and simple: this is the book that my heart and soul so desperately needed. It was something I experienced and from the first word I knew it was going to be special. Without you was my first book by Marley but definitely not my last.

There was so much emotions coming out of this book that I just laid in bed bawling my eyes out. It was written perfectly, the story flowed so well and I loved most of the characters. The relationship and chemistry between Julian and Deacon was so r
Layla
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!!!

Excuse me while I gush over this book/audiobook I have just finished....

*Takes a deep breathe*

****Highly Recommended Heartstrings****

Audiobook narrated by Teddy Hamilton and Tim Paige

Why read/listen to this book...

1. The Characters...
Deacon, a mechanic, is slightly estranged from his family after his younger brother Rhett dies of cancer. His mom especially hasn't been there for him and he feels left out. #INeedToBeLoved

Julian, Rhett's best friend and boyfriend, is struggling to mo
Annery
I somehow managed to delete my original review ... ugh &%#* ... anyway I'll probably come back with a cooler head and may jot down what I liked. For now lets just say I loved it. Period. Marley Valentine is a NTM author and I'm glad I found her. Tim Paige and Teddy Hamilton deliver performances that are all heart and well suited to a story about loss, love, and moving forward towards life. ...more
Johann Shah
I like it that this is gay only for you romance. My only gripe is that the epilogue is locked only for subscribers.

Story: 4/5
Main Characters: 4/5
Elisa Glendenning
DNF @37%

I wish I could like this as much as the cover!

Apologies to my GR friends who loved this, but I’m just not buying this instant attraction that’s come from nowhere. I really liked one of the opening scenes where Deacon comforts Julian but apart from that, I’m struggling to connect with this. When you’d rather jet-wash the patio than continue reading, it’s time to move on. (view spoiler)
Heavenly Rose
Reread March 2021 ❤️

Wow! I don't know this author, but this was one hell of a book. ❤
Cal
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book definitely finished me. I am a mess right now.
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
Many thanks to Tantor Audio for sending me an audio copy in exchange for an honest review

I don't remember requesting this. I mean I obviously did but I don't remember it. Anywho, this was, like most smaller romance novels, a bit of an impulse read. The bookish equivalent of eating french fries from McDonald's.

Now, I do want to note that I was reading this on a day when my OCD was especially bad so that likely had an effect on how I took in this book.

I loved the theme of grief and losing a close
*•.¸✽ Damjana ✽¸.•*
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites
4.5 stars!
First of all: what a super hot yummy cover!!! I confess this was first reason I read blurb.
I loved Deacon and Julian's love story. When author decide to write about "straight" guy go for another dude, this is always very tricky deed to make it belivable. And usually I am very wary of this transition. Their story developed quickly, so maybe it was a little to quick for my taste, but I loved story neverless.
Flowable writing style, this is first book by Marley Valentine, but for sure no
Claudie-mm-addict
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, fav
This book is more than a 5 stars. I can't even begin to describe how their bound affect me. I laughed, i cried, it had depths. Marley really blew me away, I really liked devilry and this one is just as beautiful. Don’t miss out on the bonus epilogue ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ...more
Romance Retreat: WITHOUT YOU AUDIO IS LIVE! 1 15 Aug 03, 2020 09:44AM
Romance Retreat: Audio Pre-Order is LIVE 1 13 Jul 28, 2020 07:27AM
Romance Retreat: Without You in AUDIO 1 19 May 04, 2020 08:00AM
Romance Retreat: WITHOUT YOU is coming in Audio! 2 12 Apr 14, 2020 09:15PM
Romance Retreat: Looking for an MM that's different from the rest? 2 22 Mar 23, 2020 05:10AM
Romance Retreat: MM Brother's Best Friend Standalone 1 34 Mar 17, 2020 05:45AM
Romance Retreat: COVER REVEAL- MOST GORGEOUS COVER EVER!! 2 33 Feb 14, 2020 07:06AM

• Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Hometown Heartless
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey, #1)
  • Cruel Obsession (The Obsession Duet, #1)
  • We Are Us
  • Roommate
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Mantrum
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey, #2)
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies
  • Love Always, Wild (For Him, #1)
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • Breaking News (Prime Time, #2)
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
See top shelves…
Living in Sydney, Australia with her family, Marley Valentine is a USA Today bestselling author and a former social worker who uses her past experiences to write real life, emotional and heartfelt contemporary romance.

She enjoys mixing it up with both M/F and M/M Romance incorporating all forms of life, lust and love as her characters embark on their journey to their happily ever after.

When she’s