Start by marking “Building Bridges (Bridges Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Building Bridges (Bridges Brothers, #1)

Building Bridges

(Bridges Brothers #1)

Former soldier Logan Bridges never imagined he would go from serving his country to helping raise a house full of children after a devastating family loss.

Dealing with his rowdy siblings and cousins proves to be almost as treacherous as the battlefields he left behind. And though he’s committed to making it work, he soon finds he’s in over his head.

Until someone from Logan
Published January 16th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Building Bridges, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Building Bridges

Start your review of Building Bridges (Bridges Brothers, #1)
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Building Bridges by Lia Fairchild really tugged on my heart strings! So many feels! Logan Bridges is one of 4 brothers. He's a former soldier, who has returned home to take care of his family, after they were devastated by an unimaginable loss. As Logan tries to juggle his family's needs, he is also battling demons of his own. When a girl from his past offers her assistance, this is where the fun and feels begin! I loved Mollie and Logan! Right from the start there were sparks between them. ...more
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Building Bridges by Lia Fairchild is the first novel in the Bridges Brothers series by Lia Fairchild, a new to me author. The series tells the story of four Brothers, who are attempting to get their lives on track after suffering a devastating loss. Building Bridges delivered a heartfelt romance with well-developed characters while focusing on the effects of the loss of loved ones and PTSD. This is Logan’s story.

After surviving an ambush, which killed most of the members of his team, Logan retur
Marla
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, romance
There is a lot to love about Building Bridges, but let me tell you my top five reasons (in no particular order):

1. Slow build - yes, there's somewhat immediate attraction, which I expect to see in a Romance novel; however, true to her form, Fairchild doesn't throw her characters right into bed, which I appreciate. And I know I've mentioned it in other reviews about her past novels, but the author's ability to write sex scenes and romance without "bodice ripper" words takes her romances to an ent
Somia
A sweet and safe romance, the kids in this were a good touch.

I didn't find myself as invested in the romance between Logan and Mollie as I had hoped but still a nice light one time read.

Tabitha Willbanks
I grabbed this one because a friend of mine raved and raved about it. I am so glad I listened to her, and bought it! I loved it! The writing is impeccable, and I'm a total sucker for a redemption story. ...more
Alina
It had a good plot but maybe it was just me but IDK I was not as invested in the characters? It was safe, sweet but they also had some angst/ issues but it was resolved. I also was confused a lot cause there were secrets, I just got lost lol

Anyways great filler read between some heavy books lol
Sharing My
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Such an amazing story that really tugged at my heartstrings. The Bridges family is such a special family. After a family tragedy, Logan tries to help them pick up the pieces of their broken hearts, even as he tries to push aside his own pain from PTSD. His former friend and classmate, Mollie, tries to help and immediately gets attached to this broken family. Can just her friendship be enough to save Logan and his family, or is Logan the hero that will heal their broken hearts? I am looking ...more
Up All Night With Books
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Review by Elizabeth
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night with Books

Swoon-worthy!

Before today, Lia Fairchild had not crossed my TBR list with any of her books. After reading, Building Bridges, my thoughts are screaming, “Where have you been?” I was blown away by this book and Lia’s writing. I cannot wait to see what she comes out with next.

Logan has been serving in the military for a bit but now he is back to raise a house full of kids. Logan has set aside his own grief and left his PTSD untre
C.B.
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It only takes a minute and your life can change forever. The author handled the emotional traumas facing this family with sensitivity and grace. Logan, a Vet returning with PTSD, fighting his demons. He is preparing to transitiona nd move on with his life. His step-mother, Nina and aunt Sheri, die in a tragic accident. Two families are devestated and move in together to share the grief and recovery. Gramps, Dad Edward, older brother Mason, half-brother Justice, 16, Ryder, 13 and Aunt Sheri's fam ...more
Jennifer Reilley
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Lia and Ioved it. Logan is one of four Bridge Brothers and he has returned home from the military and their family has lost two prominent women in their life. The family to say the least is struggling. However in my opinion, Logan is now the rock that is caring for everyone. Logan surly is a hero and swoon worthy.

Mollie is sweet and caring and alone. they develop a friendship with fantastic chemistry between not only them but Logan’s family.

Let’s talk Logan’s family. I
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is a new to me author. Building Bridges is the first book in the Bridges Brothers series. Logan is the second oldest brother and has come home after serving in the Army to help his family heal and move forward. Needless to say, things are a hot mess. During the course of events, he meets Mollie. She offers to come help out the family and Logan and Mollie agree to strike up a friendship and nothing more.

We know how that goes, right? What I liked about the book is that slow burn. Logan took
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfection! Not just a romance, no this book is so much more a book of acceptance and hero’s. Logan, the man that survived horrors and came home an Mollie the nurse that saves everyone. Hero’s most people don’t like or want to be called that, they just do what has to be done. That is the truth for both of these powerful characters that is their truth. Connected from youth and so much more, but time and circumstances have robbed Logan of some of those memories.
Small things connect Mollie and Log
Haney Hayes Promotions
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: give-me-books
This was my first story by Fairchild and she did not disappoint. Building Bridges is the first book in Fairchild's newest series Bridges Brothers. It's the perfect Contemporary Military Romance and will pull on those heartstrings as it has all the feels. At least it did for me. I love each and every character in this story and can't wait for more!

Logan served his country and never could have imagined he would be helping raise a house full of children. He's the second oldest of the four brothers.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Wow! That was a really emotional read. I must have cried a river at all the feels I have in my heart right now. I simply could not put this book down; so many fabulous characters and so many raw feelings. The writing is just wonderful and made me need more.

Logan is struggling with PTSD and it almost broke me. I could feel him pulling me to him. He is just such a hero in every sense of the word; strong, dependable and oh so sexy.

Mollie is an angel. She is so caring and has her heart in the right
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
There was more to this book than meets the eye. The first thing that appealed to me about it was that Logan and Mollie are meeting again after knowing each other before. But there is a twist to it that surprised me...no spoilers in this review though! Honestly I was so torn on whether to give this book 3 or 4 stars. I was thinking 3 stars because although it was a very good story I thought there were some inconsistencies and slightly unbelievable parts of the story. I decided on 4 stars because ...more
Alyson  L
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a story!! So beautifully written and full of emotions from beginning to end. Logan and Molly gave me the feels BIG TIME. Ms. Fairchild pulled off not only characters who were the complete package but a plot that encompassed his family and their needs, Logan and Molly's needs and moved their relationship along beautifully and in some unexpected ways. I often had tears in my eyes as I read and my heart was always full. This story was perfection personified.

5 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
4 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Disclaimer
I receiv
Claire Annovazzi
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had a hard time getting into it at first because I was wondering where it was going. But once I realized it was basically what we call in French a “tranche de vie” (a moment in life) about a dysfunctional family with a delicious romance thrown into it, I couldn’t put it down. The point of this kind of story is to see what becomes of each character.

Of course, we’re most interested in Logan and Mollie–the veteran who came back from war somewhat incomplete and takes care of his broken family, and
Erica
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and loved the development of Logan and Mollie's relationship. The way the book starts out really draws you in, giving you a look into the lives of the characters without giving too much away, and leaving you wanting to know more. The more I read, the more I found myself unable to put the book down! The romance is steamy, without being too much, and the chemistry between the main characters is off the charts. This book got me hook, line, and sinker, and I highly recomme ...more
Laurie Murray
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Lia. I love seeing Lincoln and Mollie grow as a couple but also seeing them try to keep things simple to not disrupt the family that both are trying to protect. These two have history together and some of their past is remembered but some is not. Lincoln left home right out of high school to join the Army and during his time he was injured. He is dealing with that while also dealing with the death of his step mom and aunt. It was the loss of these two women ...more
Elizabeth Kirkman
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys contemporary romance and HEAs
Recommended to Elizabeth by: I was a beta reader and LOVED it!
One of my favorite things about Lia Fairchild is her ability to write interesting, full characters who pull you into their stories. You become a part of the Bridges family, watch them recover from a terrible loss, and celebrate their triumphs.
In the first book of this series we meet Logan, an Army vet who, like so many others, is trying to find his place in the civilian world and within his family now that he is home. Into his life walks Molly, a strong, smart woman who is no damsel in distress
Breen
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I’m still having this book hangover! Building Bridges was such a good story! Before starting to read I kind of forgot the blurb honestly so technically I started reading without expectations and it was so worth it. Right after finishing chapter one, I was completely hooked up until the end.

Logan, my heart ached for him. He suffered his own tragedy and crumble while trying to recover until he stood up. I cried for him. On the other side we have Molly, they used to went to school together now, s
Jeanne Richardson
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Lia Fairchild; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

Tiffany Spitzer
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

This is just the book I needed. It’s the perfect beach or airplane read. You will love the twists and turns along the way. I had so many emotions along the way which is the sign of a well-told story. Anything that evokes emotion is worth your time!
I’m really looking forward to the next book in this series! ❤️
Debra  (Dragon Nanny) Phiri
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I felt like I was picked up by a tornado but came out better then I went in! Debra @ Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog

Building Bridges is a story filled with surprises and awe moments. The Bridges family is a family that could use some good, happy moments and Mollie brings some of those to them after an incident with the youngest of the family.

Logan and Mollie share a past and come together to help his family and in so doing get closer but as friends. Or at least that is what they try to only be. Thei
Charlotte Isaac
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-books
Wow, what a great start to a series. I cried, laughed and cheered throughout this book.

Lia Fairchild did amazing job on this book. She made me fall in love with every single character.

I loved Logan and Mollie, they may have became friends through need. But you could tell they be something more and have great love.

I can't wait for more of this series.
2OCC Reviews
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marie
Building Bridges, Bridges Brothers #1 is by a new to me author, Lia Fairchild. While well written, the story tended to slow at some points. The characters were remarkable, Logan as a disabled vet with PTSD that returned home to care for his family and Mollie, who was a lot more than a high school friend and nurse that cared for his cousin.

The story tugged at your heartstrings and with an unexpected twist made for an enjoyable read. 4 Stars #2OCCMS
lori
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! I absolutely loved this book. So many real life scenarios. A lot of heartbreaks, loss,love and rebuilding yourself as well as your family. I loved Molly and Logan and their beautiful story. A very fitting name for this book, building bridges. I definitely recommend this book. Can't wait for the others. ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book in a new series from this author and is Logan and Mollie’s story. This is a well written story which is a slow burn love story, and filled with heartbreak, loss, grief, a tad family drama and love. I look forward to reading more from this talented author, and highly recommend for all.
Melissa
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Logan and Mollie are better together than apart. It was such a sweet story. Love the one twist, which I didn’t see. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa
Aimee
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this author that I have read and I absolutely loved it!!! Who would know that a tragedy that hurt two families could bring two people together and help them find love... great story!!! Bring on book 2!!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Hurricane Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded #1)
  • Virtue (Intuition #1)
  • They Started with a Kiss (Magnolia Valley, #8)
  • Daddy's Two Best Friends
  • Pile Driver
  • Unbreakable Bond (Fated Mates Duet #1)
  • Gray Sin
  • Unbelievable Faith (Fated Mates Duet #2)
  • Mistletoe & Molly: A Second Chance Holiday Romance
  • Nate (Stryker County Fire Dept. #3)
  • For Love and Donuts (Love Demands a Holiday #1)
  • The Engagement Gift (The Gift, #1)
  • Caged to Kill (Lawyer David Thompson #2)
  • Driving Whiskey Wild (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #3)
  • The Hitman's Angel
  • Breaking the Rules (Inked Hearts, #5)
Lia Fairchild writes romance and women's fiction. Fans of her books praise her endearing, real characters who come to life in stories that will touch your heart.

Fairchild is addicted to the warmth of Southern California and holds a bachelor's degree in journalism and a multiple-subject teaching credential. She is a wife and mother of two children.

Amazon amazon.com/author/liafairchild

Look for upd

Bridges Brothers (3 books)
  • Broken Bridges (Bridges Brothers, #2)
  • Beautiful Bridges (Bridges Brothers #3)