Start by marking “Hint of Danger (Undercover Magic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hint of Danger (Undercover Magic, #1)

Hint of Danger

(Undercover Magic #1)

Lina wants the one thing a ghost can’t have. To be touched.

When she’s given the opportunity to rejoin the world of the living and experience exactly that, the muscle-bound immortal warrior with icy blue eyes is just what the doctor ordered.

As soon as Nord sees Lina sitting at the bar, he knows she’s who he’s been searching for. The woman he’s soul-bound to protect.

There’s
Published June 4th 2020 by Words that Sparkle

To ask other readers questions about Hint of Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hint of Danger

Start your review of Hint of Danger (Undercover Magic, #1)
♥Milica♥
● First reread and technically still first audiobook because this one and the prequel are together in one. I LOVE IT. Recommending x billion.- January 29-30th 2021.

ORIGINAL REVIEW BELOW

FINALLY. FINALLY. FINALLY.

I AM SO HAPPY.

Lina wakes up the morning after the Monster Ball and...SHE'S STILL ALIVE, HURRAY! She doesn't want to waste any time and immediately wants to jump Nord's bones (as she should) but he has other plans.

Lina's lack of memories has Nord pushing her away no matter how much
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
4.5

A world with dark secrets that many know yet truths are still hidden! Lina is trying to piece together her past as well as trying to discover who she is! As she fights in an unknown world her saving grace is her guardian Nord! Nord has vowed to protect Lina and as they adjust to each other they also have to fight the feelings that are starting to pull them together! As they navigate this dark world finding who to trust and who to fear isn’t as hard as fighting off the demons lurking in dark!
Kaila
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
this was really good.. interesting and fast paced... good strong characters.. good bantar.. fun storyline.. plus paranormal aspects which made me super happy to read haha. this one does leave in a cliffy which i really need fixed asap haha. it was wonderful!
Chris
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
New to me author Meg Anne knocks it out of the park with this one! I'm so glad I took a chance on her book. It was absolutely amazing and I could not stop listening to Lina and Nord's story. I wanted to know everything! Meg kept me guessing through the entire thing and then I got to the end. Wow! I cannot wait for book 2!
Stella Hunter and Shane East were perfectly cast for Lina and Nord. I really enjoyed their performances. Stella really captures Lina's strength and sass while Shane captures Nor
Sydney
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that I have read that is solely by Meg. She has a great way of capturing the characters personalities so perfectly with her wording that is like watching a movie in your head that you can't help to get pulled in. I'm a sucker for sarcasm and for a girl pushing a girl to his limits when she knows he wants her. Her and the way she drives Nord crazy had me cracking up. And boy that heat between them is intense. The story takes no time at all jump in. At first I was a little ...more
Courtney Delgado
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lost Memories, A Ghostly Mystery, & A Magic Viking

Hint of Danger picks up immediately after the events of novella, Shade of Danger. Former ghost, Lina, isn't taking her second chance at life for granted, she is charging forward without regrets. As she is learning to live again, she and her viking-esque Guardian, Nord, are on a mission to discover all they can about Lina's past.

Lina is now one of my favorite characters. She comes across so real. She doesn't have super fighting skills and she kno
Michelle
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’m so glad to have won this ALC because it led me to discover an awesome book and a great new author. I loved Meg Anne’s writing and was immediately captivated. From the mysterious and magical Monster Ball in the prequel to the suspenseful ending, I couldn’t stop listening to Lina and Nord’s story. Lina is a strong, feisty woman who has no memories of her past but doesn’t let that stop her from finding out who she really is and going after what she wants. Her connection with Nord at the Ball is ...more
Ruhla Haardt
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, paranormal
*Audiobook review*

This was my first book & listen by Meg Anne. I have to say I really enjoyed this story. I will probably need to read Shade of Danger to get the whole back story, but this was also great as a standalone.

This story revolves around former ghost Lina and her Viking like guardian Nord. Whereas Lina has lost her memories after she has been turned back to a living being, Nord makes it his mission to protect her and together with is twin guardian Finley helps Lina in her quest to figur
Kaye
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ONE HEART POUNDING JOURNEY!!!
Leaping lizards! Meg just cranked my tractor and blew me out of the water with this skillfully composed piece of delight, ratcheting up the exuberance and intensity riding one flaming storyline and gripping plot, wrapping this baby up sleek, shiny and tight. Quirky mishaps and surprising happenstance, showcase the taxing trials and challenging tribulations, stumbling through the funky twists and crazy turns, putting our characters through their paces, testing them in
Ashley
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Ok, I officially want to be a female character in one of Meg Anne’s books. Not only would I be a total bad@$$ B, but I would get to with one of her male characters. People, there’s a reason the hashtag #menbymeg exists, and the men in this book do not disappoint! Meg’s character development is simply amazing and she perfectly captures the push and pull of the romance building between them. She really makes you feel like you know these characters in real life and you become invested in the story.
Berta
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Scarolet Ellis
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hint of Danger by Meg Anne is a wonderful new story that I have read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series that I have fallen in love with and can not wait to read the next book. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romances.

Nance
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hint of Danger is the first book I read by Meg Anne and I absolutely loved it! I loved the mystery of who Lina was. I loved her interaction with her two sexy Guardians. And the ending will leave you begging for the next book! What a fabulous read!
Reena
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Refreshingly unique and highly addictive!

An extraordinary storyline, amazing world building, awesome and well developed characters! There is plenty of mystery, lots of tension and steam between the main characters, plenty of action and a mindblowing ending (so far)! I can't wait for the next installment in the series! Hope it comes soon :)
Jennifer Layne
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This new book was a fun & funny read! It was thrilling and intense as well as having some sexy steamy moments. This story will definitely keep you captivated, entertained and on the edge of your seat from beginning to end.

Lina had me laughing out loud at her antics and her inner dialogue. The fact that she kept trying so hard to cure her "lady blue balls" with Mission Orgasmic Haze” as well as other fun ways to voice that issue had me laughing out loud more than once! She's fierce and witty & I
Raelyn
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has a great storyline and I really loved the characters! I enjoyed all the different species included in the story and the different types of magic/magical abilities mentioned, very interesting. My God, this book. I was very interested in this book after reading the blurb, and now that I've finished it I am so sad. It's over. The second one won't be out for another few months! My first 5 star read of 2020! Can't wait for the next book to come out, Meg Anne has gotten herself a new fan. ...more
Michelle
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read the prequel to this series in The Monster Ball Year 2 and was intrigued. Meg Anne provides a fantastic story once again!
Arceli
I really loved this book. It was super awesome. I highly recommend this novel. It was super cool and loved the unique world building in it.

Sarah Kessler
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-again
If you met Nord in the Keepers series and wanted to know more about him, Meg Anne gave him his own series, and I’m so glad she did!!!

I loved getting to know Nord a little more throughout the story and to see more of what the Botherhood does, and meet more if the brothers. So far we get to meet Finley, Nord’s partner. I’m looking forward to learning more about these two and seeing if their friendship can survive Nord’s moods, in the next two books.

Hint Of Danger starts the morning after the mons
Heather
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hot Viking? Check.
Magic? Check.
Plot Twists? Check.
This is the beginning of a wonderful new series by the talented Ms. Anne.
Lina doesn't remember her life before she died. One day she was a ghost and the next day she's living again. Luckily, she meets Nord, a hot Viking who is also a Guardian. He and his friend, Finley, offer their help in figuring out who she is, how she died, and how to gain access to her magic again.
Thus comes in the intriguing plot twists along with Ms. Anne's famous (infamou
April Stacey
Great read!

Meg made a wonderful story come to life, from her novella in a Monster Ball. The 3 main characters are well defined so as the reader you can picture them as you read.
Lina is a strong willed mc who has to learn to live and how to depend on others. She also has to figure out how to get exactly what she wants while her memories are gone. Absolutely worth the read!!
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy Guacamole Batman! That ending!! I don't know why I didn't expect such a huge twist but I'm so glad for the surprise! And omg I'm going to die waiting to know what happens next! Lol. For reals though. Lina and Nord are now my newest #bookcoupleobsession bc holy hottness y'all! I'm going to need book 2 like yesterday! ...more
Theresa Scerbo
Jan 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
I remember first meeting Nord and Lina in Shade of Danger - part of The Monster Ball Year 2 anthology and was so excited to see their story continued. If you enjoy paranormal romance you won’t be disappointed as there’s definitely romance, humor, tons of magic, and suspense. I’m waiting on pins and needles to find out what happens next!
Erin Figueiredo
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Fantastic New Series!

WOW! This new series is absolutely amazing. It's thrilling, suspenseful, intense and has some very sexy steamy moments. This story will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat completely captivated and highly entertained from beginning to end.

Lina had me laughing out loud at her antics and her inner dialogue. The fact that she kept trying so hard to cure her "lady blue balls" with "Project Get Lina Laid. Or, alternatively, Mission Orgasmic Haze." had me in complet
Cynthia Carpenter
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Meg Anne knows how to weave a story and pull you in and definitely have you wanting more and more.
Lina and Nord take from one dangerous situation to the next and have you on the edge of your seat, with your heart pumping and your pulse racing. This is an emotional, twist and turn read that will leave you breathless and wanting so much more by the end. Another ten star read that will leave not wanting to wait for next.
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, this is not my usual genre but the writing quickly draws you in while the story keeps you hungry and listing for more; I've been enchanted by Meg Anne since page one of her Chosen universe series and Hint of Danger was no different. It's hard to put down even thoughsg Anne is known for her twists and cliffhangers you can't help but be drawn towards and trapped in her web of characters. You'll find yourself rooting for them, crying with them and falling in love with them. Hello, Nor ...more
Jackie
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
The book flowed well, and held my attention. After reading the novella leading to this book, in The Monster Ball Anthology book 2, I wasn't sure what to expect from Lina & Nord's story. I think a new reader could possibly read this without reading the novella first & just miss some of the world building, but can quickly catch up. There are some small nuances carried over from the novella, but not enough to lose a reader altogether. Nord is definitely a tall drink of water for a parched soul. The ...more
Jen Franklin
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This review is for the audiobook, which includes the prequel story - Shade of Danger. This story has a unique take on the existence of a ghost, what their world might be like, and how might you bring them back.  I didn't feel the need to suspend disbelief in order to get lost in the story, which is always a plus with paranormal romance.  In this world of magical beings with amazing powers we are introduced to Lina and Nord, who are fated to find each other.  From the very beginning I was investe ...more
Ashlee Lynn
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Why does she always do this to me? LOL This book was funny, sexy and it left me wanting more. I am shocked at the cliff hanger. Great world building and so descriptive. I love her writing, its full of sass and humor at times. Nord is so delicious just like Von in the Chosen series. Definitely my new book boyfriend. Lina is one lucky lady. The story is original and such an easy read. If you haven’t checked out Meg’s books, what the heck are you waiting for. Get this book!
Mende Reed Stiles
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She has done it again....

Once again I have been pulled in and forced to read until it was done just to be left hanging. Luckily, after reading her other books, I know the wait will be more than worth it.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Midnight Whispers
  • Reaper Reborn (The Grimm Brotherhood, #3)
  • Blood Hunt (Vampire Huntress Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Captive (Vampire Huntress Chronicles, #2)
  • Touched by Fire (Demons of New Chicago, #1)
  • Blood Cure (Vampire Huntress Chronicles, #3)
  • Reaping Havoc (The Grimm Brotherhood, #2)
  • The Monster Ball Year 2
  • Quarantine Crush
  • Blood of the Witch (Vampire Huntress Chronicles, #5)
  • Haunted by Shadows (Demons of New Chicago, #2)
  • Bloodshed Academy: Year Two (Bloodshed Academy, #2)
  • Fae Academy: Fated
  • Moonstone (Jewels Cafe)
  • Stalked Mate (Fated Mountain Wolf Pack #3)
  • Peridot (Jewels Cafe)
International Bestselling Author of fantasy and paranormal romance. Creator of #MenByMeg. Glitter Addict. Taco Enthusiast. Lip Sync Battle Champion.

Meg loves to write about sassy heroines and the men that love them. She is best known for her adult fantasy romance series The Chosen, which can be found on Amazon.

STAY UPDATED
Newsletter: https://megannewrites.com/newsletter/
Facebook: https://www.faceb

Undercover Magic (3 books)
  • Face of Danger (Undercover Magic, #2)
  • World of Danger (Undercover Magic, #3)