Start by marking “Tremor Dose (comiXology Originals)” as Want to Read:
Tremor Dose (comiXology Originals)

Tremor Dose (comiXology Originals)

Everyone dreams, but are these dreams our own? Who controls our thoughts when we're sleeping? Ginn, is a young college student who has been having wildly disturbing nightmares featuring a man she has never met. When she finds a flyer with his picture and the question, "Have you dreamed this man?" she submits to an interview that begins to unravel her perceptions of reality ...more
Published October 30th 2019 by Mystery School Comics Group

To ask other readers questions about Tremor Dose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tremor Dose

Start your review of Tremor Dose (comiXology Originals)
Janie C.
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first comic I have read in decades, and the change of format from regular books was refreshing. The artwork was quite well-done in my opinion, and the characters' expressions were captured in natural and believable strokes. The story itself is a bizarre mix of dreams, propaganda and claustrophobia. The images evoked are hallucinatory, and I easily became involved in the continuous dream sequences of different characters, wondering where they would lead me. I would recommend this grap ...more
Jack Stark
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was looking forward to reading this, and I’m rather disappointed. I really like the art and the surrealist aspects were good. But the story is a bit... empty. There is a lot of potential, but it rushes to get to the end, and just left me feeling a bit flat. The story lacks dynamics. Just as things are picking up, it’s over. It needed at least one more chapter to allow the story to breathe, and to let the reader get invested in the characters.
Eric Novello
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-leituras
Comentários sem spoilers:

1. Parece ser o começo de uma história maior. Então o fim não é exatamente um fim.
2. As primeiras 30 páginas têm um ritmo próprio que não define o restante da HQ. Dá pra dizer que encerra com um plot twist, mas cabe ao leitor definir o que é real e o que não é em uma HQ sobre sonhos.
3. O visual casa bem com a proposta de explorar sonhos e as coisas inusitadas que acontecem dentro deles.
4. Falta desenvolvimento de personagens. O problema de escrever um roteiro de mistéri
Alex
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: american-indies
Weird story, but interesting. It plays with the reader's mind, exploring themes like lucid dreaming and DiCaprio's Inception, building a complex narration through dreams within other dreams. The finalle is open, you never know if what you're reading in the next panel is reality or dreamland. Actually, the whole point of the comic is to stop distinguishing between the two.

I feel that Noah Bailey wasn't the best choice artwise. He needs to improve his faces and with "Tremor Dose" being a comic fu
Bernie Gourley
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I love trippy, mind-bending stories that use strategic ambiguity to keep one guessing about what’s truly happening. This is that type of story. The setup is brilliant and gets the book off to a captivating start. A college-aged girl is talking to some type of researchers, describing her dreams. The intriguing bit is that we find out that a man appears in this girl’s dream, and that what drew her to the research institute was a flyer with the man’s picture on it and a heading tha ...more
Alexander Peterhans
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Starts out with a great hook, and from there devolves into several levels of "a ha, but what is real!?".

Thing is, there has to be a clear motive driving your characters when you consistently play the "what is real" card, because when you don't (as I feel is the case here), I just stop caring about anything that's happening. It's basically "it was all a dream!" times infinity.

There are some jumps in logic and storytelling, which can be explained away with dream logic, I suppose, but which also fe
Kirk
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come.
Teenchill
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.

Each page was a steeper and deeper step into a twisted bramble of joyful complexity. Tremor Dose hits all the right notes of a dissonant lullaby that at first takes you gently by the hand and then yanks a bag over your head and stuffs you into a trunk.
Kent Winward
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A comic that captures the dream world well with a little social commentary thrown in for good measure.
James Varghese
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Pretty good but rushed. The premise and story were certainly there. They hook you pretty quick and deep but at the story continues, it starts to peter out a bit and the climax comes up empty. A solid effort that I wish had ended up stronger.
Peter D. Agnew
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Artwork and Interesting & Original Story

I loved the art in this book. It fits the story like a glove. Without the illustrations this would be incomplete. I'm unsure what genre this fits, but perhaps it is a genre that has been created by this book. The book contains a plot combining the paranormal, mental health, advertising, mind control, and glimpse of our rapidly approaching future. I don't doubt what-so-ever that attempts will be made to use mind control to influence what we purchase
Rachel Matthews
Aug 16, 2020 rated it liked it
I've recently been getting more into graphic novels and comics and this book was available as part of my Kindle Unlimited subscription, so I thought why not give this a go?

It was a very, very strange book. The art style is eerie, it reminded me of the painting 'The Scream' by Edvard Munch with its surreal, creepy aesthetic. The story itself was also odd, we follow a character who shares their experience of a man they have never met in real life but who now plays a leading role in their dreams.
jason tremain
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Wow. Did not know what to expect going into this, but wow. The story goes where it goes and I followed like I was in a dream myself, lost in the narrative. The artwork is stunningly perfect in accompanying the ethos of the tale. A real find, eye opening and original. Loved it. Want more.
Maaz Sheik
May 13, 2020 rated it liked it
A college student is haunted by dreams and nightmares and goes to meet a psychiatrist, asking the doctor to help him distinguish between the dreams and nightmares. What is a dream? What is a nightmare? Is there a difference?
A little mix of Inception movie with nightmarish sketches; the story leaves you questioning whether the whole thing was real or just a nightmare.
Xavier Hugonet
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
If you’re still haunted by #TwinPeaks’ « Who is the dreamer ? » question, delve further into it through TREMOR DOSE.

Scientists search for, and interview dreamers who have all dreamed the same man. The story, served by its unusual art, quickly spins into a conspiracy way more mysterious than one could imagine at first. A blue rose case.

Available for free through Kindle for Prime customers.
steph
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
great art in the sense that it really feels raw, original, free, uncensored. i was immediately reminded of the adventures of julius corentin acquefacques (marc-antoine mathieu), though, and my rating rests on the assumption that the creators were not aware of these awesome comics.

i’ll be keeping an eye on comixology originals!
Craig
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Lots to digest here, especially the larger existential questions, and I'll likely read it again soon to ponder them some more.

Visuals are stunningly unique, down to use of color and lettering.

Overall, a strong, eerie genre-bender.
Jess
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 but 100% worth rounding up to four stars. I adore the artwork in this. The art in the dreams takes on a different style that keeps changing the reality of the book. Story could be a little tighter but absolutely worth a read. I'll be thinking about this one for awhile.
Elizabeth Beck
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
More like a 3.5 or 3.75, but rounding up cause I think it deserves it. Probably going to read it again to get a better handle on the story, but damb it's trippy.
Sean Kottke
Mar 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, graphic-novel
Surreal mashup of Inception, Dreamscape, and your favorite corporate conspiracy/mad scientist tale.
doubleokay
Aug 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
3.5
Jasmine
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Very Good Story

Very interesting concept. Kept me on the edge of my seat. Also loved the artwork and the added info about the making of the story.
Imogen
Mar 14, 2020 added it
what, once again, the fuck did i just read, although also this was great. sort of reminiscent of an (even more??) surreal Like A Velvet Glove Cast In Iron.
Ryan McGuire
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A masterpiece.
Thaisa Meyka
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
"Tremor Dose" é uma graphic novel diferente, em que o principal tema é o inconsciente.
Uma jovem depara-se com um cartaz: "Você sonha com este homem?". Abaixo, o desenho de um rosto que ela já viu diversas vezes durante o sono.
Assim, Ginn começa a fazer parte de uma pesquisa científica, em que dois pesquisadores exploram sonhos e, mais precisamente, os sonhos que incluem este estranho desconhecido que tem aparecido na mente de alguns adolescentes...
Mas este é apenas o início de uma história muito
Shelby Bollen
May 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
I stumbled across this whilst on my quest for comics to read via Kindle Unlimited.

It was a very odd read, but I did find the concept to be interesting. Unfortunately, I do think that the ending was a little rushed, and I ended up being more confused than not. The artwork was good for the most part, but there were some panels that looked a tad questionable.

If you're looking for a quick read that is a bit different then this may be an option, but I doubt I'll be picking this up again.
Danny Brown
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Very good concept, but a bit confusing throughout.
Annie
Sean
Jul 23, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Memetic
  • The Dark (comiXology Originals)
  • In The Flood (comiXology Originals)
  • Dracula: Son of the Dragon (comiXology Originals)
  • Roots
  • Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
  • The Stone King Vol. 1 (comiXology Originals)
  • Frankenstein Alive, Alive: The Complete Collection
  • Lost On Planet Earth (comiXology Originals) #1 (of 5)
  • American Vampire, Vol. 1
  • 30 Days of Night, Vol. 1
  • Coffin Hill Vol. 1: Forest of the Night
  • L'Incal noir (The Incal, #1)
  • Spider-Man: Blue
  • CREMA (comiXology Originals)
  • Breaklands Season One: The Chase