Start by marking “Monsters (Prodigium Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Monsters (Prodigium Academy, #1)

Monsters

(Prodigium Academy #1)

As the daughter of Dracula, you would think I’d be born the perfect monster.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

As far as monsters go, I’m a screw up—if I’m not tripping over my own feet, I’m accidentally murdering someone (it’s a real issue, guys).

Left with no choice, Dad decides to send me to Prodigium—otherwise known as Monster Academy—to train me on how to be a better mon
Published October 28th 2019

Start your review of Monsters (Prodigium Academy, #1)
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Imagine. Just imagine, all the monsters, myths and legends you have ever heard. Done that? Now imagine it all in one book. Like that? Then this is the book for you.

This is not the book for me .The whole Clumsy but adorable persona has only worked with one person and her name is Willa, everybody else, not so much. Violet is clumsy and the daughter of Dracula but don't worry she's adorable. So adorable in fact that all the guys want her. Frankie, the son?experiment? of Frankenstein, Vin Van Helsi
Helle Gade
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OHMYGODS!!!! This book was friggin hilarious! It had me giggeling the whole way through. I just couldn't put it down. An absolute masterpiece!

I love how quirky Violet is. I totally need her as my bff. All the characters are well developed and the story flows smoothly. I'm dying to read book two!!!

Hurry up and one-click this amazing book. Just remember to not drink while reading. Uncontrollable giggles are a danger combined with fluid intake
Paula
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reverseharem, college
I love the craziness of Katie May's heroines
Nicole
Nov 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Apparently I'm alone on this one.

I see that many.....many people love this book but I'm not seeing it. The MC takes NOTHING seriously. Every single thing is this book is a joke, quip, attempt at saying something witty, or just plain sarcasm. The guys are all instantly in love with her, though apparently it's one sided. The visuals are lacking, and the desire to actually like these characters is just not there for me. I love the premise, but it's like a cookies with waaaaaay too much frosting, an
M. Sinclair
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As an author, I don't get nearly enough time to read but when I do, I tend to go for my favorites like Katie <3 This book literally had me obsessively reading for four hours straight, despite the work I totally needed to do. Not only did it have all the sassy snark you could want but the guys were literally amazing. The complexity and diversity of their personalities and potential different motivates blew me away. On top of that the story line was filled with mystery and action that had me cryin ...more
Isabella - Madly in Love with Books
I ... ah ... yeah, nah, not gonna rate this.This obviously wasn’t for me.
Jenn
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

Great book! Really awesome character and storyline. Can’t wait to find out more about violet and her guys. A little mystery, a little murder, a lot of fun, some heavy petting and the boogeyman round out this great story. Can’t wait to see what shenanigans they get up to next!
Christy Bailey
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I NEED MORE!

I could not put this down once that first page was open! It was truly that freaking Amazing! I have so many unanswered questions so I cannot wait for book 2 to come out! I need it like I need to breathe! Definitely a great intro to what I'm sure will be an epic series!
Siri
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,5-4 ish stars
haha this was hilarious! I love Katies characters, they´r so fucking funny. But that ending was not okay, you can´t end a book like that :(( it was sorta chliffhanger and not really. it ended a lil abrupt and stuff i guess
Danielle Murrell
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh I love it

This book was so freaking hilarious that I couldn't quit laughing the whole time I was reading it. It is a must read. I'm on to the second book
Natalie panda eyes
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rh-recs
Deciding on a rating for this one was tricky. Would I read it again? No. Will I read the next one? Most likely. I liked the introduction and the multiple POVs. The monster theme was nice and I liked the variety of guys that make up the harem.

A little mystery, a lot of dick jokes and humour. The MC got a little tiring. She didn’t feel original and crazy seems to have been pigeonholed into being a clutz, having no filter and blurring the lines of sexual/gross humour. Lost interest a little around
Heather Gilbert
4.5 rounded up

This is a hysterical romp, the kind of tale you’d expect from Katie May. There’s mystery, romance, paranormal hijinks and enough humor, both innocent and raunchy, to keep the pages turning. Like most of her stories, it ends on a cliffhanger and is a delightful slowburn, but it’s the perfect mixture of action and general WTF? 😂

First person, multiple POV, slowburn RH, MMMMF(M?), Cliffhanger, PNR, Academy, NA

Pros:
- Very, Very Funny!
- The next generation of monsters.
- Her inner monolog
Dezi
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story with amazing characters

Really enjoyed this story! Violet was awesome and quirky. We get to see how she and all the other monsters are. I love Violet so much.
Hannah
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hello

What can I say except that this book was amazing! It’s got mystery, halariousness, lots of mates a completely nuts MC loved it and can’t wait for more.
Tiera McMillian
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm loving this! This totally has this "Monster High" vibe and I an in it to win it folks. Love the FMC, I mean how does this girl have so much confidence and yet just be so bad at almost everything. Its incredible really and just super endeared me to her. Not only that but I am loving all the guys right now too.. even ones that I don't think are ours?.. *shrugs*

Violet, our FMC, is the daughter of Dracula the most fierce and feared monster of all time... yet here she is just bad at being a monst
❤ Bibi ❤
Well fuck..... what can I say to do this amazing book justice?

Katie May have well and truly hit an epic home-run, with this funny story about an academy about the offspring of legendary monsters.

Vin, Van Helsing’s son

Frankie, Frankenstein’s son

Mason, Medusa’s son

And Jack (sometimes Hux), Dr. Jekyll’s son

These are just a few of the monsters, who roam the halls of the academy.

The FMC, Violet, is a breath of fresh air in a crowded trope like "academy". She's unique, sassy and 100& badassy! S
Thickgirlthickbookss  ▪︎Bookstagrammer▪︎
I'm just not sure? I absolutely loved the humor, the wild characters and personalities. But the story was so outrageous and parts of the book were just shake my head really moments? And then all the insta love..... dont get me wrong I really do love violets character how brash and hilarious she is, but the story was too unbelievable for me. Still an okay read.
Camila
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
I’m gonna say 3.5 stars.

I didn’t hate it
I didn’t love it

I laughed a lot.
These characters are funny.
but not hilarious

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

Where is this series going?
A lot is left for answering which is cool and all but I’m not like dying to know what happens next.

I mean I wouldn’t mind, but still.

Violet: her one brain cell and Barbie-doll carcass are sent to a school for a reason I can’t remember. If the author was going for funny she did not hit the mark. Violet is the walking stereotype of “du
Qat Wanders
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even start? I like vampire books as much as the next person, but what really got me for this one was the blurb. Dracula‘s daughter. Frankenstein‘s son? Medusa‘s son? And… Drumroll please… A descendent of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde!

Plus the van Helsing twins who take a liking to Dracula‘s offspring? Omg! Then there is her banshee roommate, an incubus Cupid, and the mother-freaking Boogeyman!

Just the concept for this book alone was freaking amazing. And anything that can weave my love for
❁ Bee ❁
It's a real skill to perfect such a smile. I had to practice for days in the mirror before the humans stopped running from me. Apparently, grimacing malevolently while holding the severed head of your enemy is not the way to make friends. Who knew?

I'm so picky when it comes to RH, yet, I found this to be exactly what I needed. I forgot how funny heroines by Katie May could be. Dracula's daughter isn't as badass as she should be, so he sends her to Prodigium Academy.

At the academy she meet
Gillian Devlin
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read

Amazing book, absolutely loved it! Violet is hilarious! So excited for book 2 😁 cant wait to read more about the boys and how their relationship will work out with violet
Rebecca
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm awful at leaving three star reviews when I can't quite figure out how to rate a book.

I had never read a reverse harem before I got kindle unlimited. Since having it they are all over my recommended reads. They actually aren't my cup of tea, but they tend to still unlock my interest.

This was no exception. I read the description and was determined to read it regardless of the issues I already have with this trope. I don't think it would be right of me to rate this lower because of that. There
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Dallass
Apr 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Uh, this was odd.

This went in a completely different direction than I was expecting. What first caught my attention was having the characters being the offspring of monsters, and I liked that aspect, but it wasn’t your average academy reverse harem situation. I’m not sure how I feel about it, but I’m giving it 3 stars just for the novelty.

Holly
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
...... This started so well.. and then just flunked. Nothing romantically developed!!!!!! The plot was quite juvenile as was the romance, which was a little misleading as the language and monologues were quite heavy with rude language so to say.
Marie Mistry
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god, I loved this! It's so unique and funny but at the same time sweet and meaningful. I didn't know how Ms May was going to pull off Jekyll and Hyde, but it was perfectly done!
Nat Smithy
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was so funny! Just wished there was more flirting and sexual tension. I was wanting the bonds to be stronger.
seriouslybookish
Jan 21, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF!

After the second guy had a boner before he even met her, I was done.

I get insta lust is a thing especially in PNR but this is just ridiculous.

Also the writing isn't that great so ... Thank you, next.
Alda Horne-Thacker
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting!

This story has been interesting so far. It would have been five stars, except for two reasons. Number one reason being that it’s a slow burn, I personally do not care for those! Second reason, The story goes in way too many directions. It would have been nice to have some connection between the reasons.
heidi
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it so so much cant wait for book 2
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Embraced by Shadows (Shadowborn #3)
  • InkBorn (InkHaven Academy, #2)
  • Wicked Blood (University of Morgana: Academy of Enchantments and Witchcraft #5)
  • Corrupt Alchemy (Royals of Villain Academy, #5)
  • A Wicked Raven (University of Morgana: Academy of Enchantments and Witchcraft #4)
  • Surviving Year One (Grim Reaper Academy #1)
  • Adversary (The Aces, #2)
  • Save Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #3)
  • A Demon's Gifts (Vice College For Young Demons, #2)
  • Corviticus University (Corviticus University, #1)
  • Reborn in Flames (Reborn, #1)
  • Ruthless Idols (Gifted Academy #2)
  • Wicked Blaze Correctional (The Wronged, #1)
  • Revelations (Corviticus University, #2)
  • Friends with the Monsters (Friends with the Monsters, #1)
  • Destruction of Two (Origins of the Six #3)
  • Family and Honor (Jacky Leon #2)
  • Void (Corviticus University, #3)
Katie May is a romance writer of numerous genres! She writes everything from horror to fantasy to contemporary. #whychoose

She has a gorgeous tabby cat who she adores, and she’s obsessed with coffee and horror movies.

Prodigium Academy (2 books)
  • Roaring (Prodigium Academy, #2)