Start by marking “Nobody Tricks the Trickster” as Want to Read:
Nobody Tricks the Trickster

Nobody Tricks the Trickster

How long does it take for the past to catch up with us? And how far do we need to go to hide from our fears? Lau and Adam have been running and hiding for decades. Too scared to walk the street with their heads up held high, they have sought refuge in small and isolated towns.
But maybe they have been running for too long. In a bleak fishermen's town, they might finally
Published October 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Nobody Tricks the Trickster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nobody Tricks the Trickster

Start your review of Nobody Tricks the Trickster
Joana Nunes
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
It brought me so many vibes... From Alice in Wonderland (probably you'll not see where this came from), to Daughter of Smoke and Bone, to Shadowhunters, Camilla Lackberg... Even Monstress! And it worked!
I really wish there was more to this story, to know more from the characters past and, I ought to say, to discover some things that remained closed.
It's fast paced and we're always on the edge of our seat, trying to figure out what's really going on.
All in all it is a good short story and I
Book Symbiosis
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I have been waiting to read Ana's first story ever since she announced she was writing fictional pieces. The time has finally come...THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

I really enjoyed reading Ana's debut short story. She masterly released it close to the Halloween night, as if she wanted us to be in the perfect mood for it -- the thing is, she didn't need to! Her talent for writing beautiful descriptions (of not only the place, but also the atmosphere and everything it encompasses) makes it impossible for the
Ana Reis
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
What can I say without sounding corny and self-entitled? I'll just say that writing and publishing this story taught me a lot about the process of becoming a writer.
I will miss all my characters, even my beautiful antagonists, because they taught me that being an artist means to let go and to let the stories speak on our behalf.
This story also taught me that being a writer doesn't have to be a lonely, lonely road. In the end, Lau and Adam were there for each other, in the same way I want to be
Ana Costa
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have never been very into dark fantasy or short stories for the matter, but boy oh boy, did I liked this one. It's very engaging from beginning to end, with an intriguing setting and interesting characters. Great writing, without any nonsense purple prose. We can really feel the tension built up throughout the story, which leads to an ending that perfectly fits the genre and adds a very much appreciated twist. I’m definitely excited to see what more this author can bring us. 4,5/5
Sha Booksandcoffee
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was actually pretty dark.....

Trigger warning for gruesome content I guess

This story is meant to be short which means theres no way to fit in so much character growth or world building but there was about enough to fit the story.

This has so MUCH potential to be a full length book and I'd totally read that! I liked the idea and the atmosphere. I kinda expected the plot twist but it was still as enjoyable as a 30 page book could be.
Marisa
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
So, it gets a lot bloody on this short story that Ana wrote. It has a really way of describing the details, that makes them alive in your mind as if you were in the same place with the characters. Really enjoyed the end! Twisted!!!
Andreia
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Que dizer desta história? Ana escreve mais e transforma esta história num livro bem grande, por favor. A história é sombria tal como eu gosto, com descrições que sintonizam a mente do leitor no ambiente da história e personagens que nos deixam a querer saber mais sobre elas e sobre o passado que as levou ali. Houve uma parte do twist final que eu já desconfiava, mas foi um bom twist.
Para terminar: não estou satisfeita com apenas este pedacinho da história destas personagens e da sua magia.
Cláudia
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
3,5 I really enjoyed this! ...more
Constantina Maud
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer alert towards all interested parties:
The following review comes from dark fantasy-reading novice battlements. Because although I am here for its themes, readily indulging in the occasional e.g. film or tv-show-watching, I cannot avow any sort of seafaring authority in dark fantasy-reading waters.
And yet let me tell you that this story had an atmosphere I really loved.
Nobody Tricks the Trickster is the first literary offspring of Ana Reis, who always amazes me with her diligence and
Cátia
Nov 10, 2019
Paula Fialho Silva
Nov 13, 2019

• Pumpkinheads
  • Stranger Things: The Other Side (Graphic Novel Volume 1)
  • Guardiões
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Equilíbrio I - O despertar
  • Harrow County, Vol. 2: Twice Told
  • Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)
  • Damn Nation
  • The Dinner Party
  • Cosmétique de l'ennemi
  • The Last Séance: Tales of the Supernatural
  • Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1)
  • Harleen (2019-) #2
  • Beirão: Rijo como Granito
  • A Revolução dos Bichos
  • Together
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • Living Will 1
Author of imperfect stories. Lover of underdogs and unexpected heroes.

Instagram: @anareis.poweredbybooks