Start by marking “Christmas In Whimsy” as Want to Read:
Christmas In Whimsy

Christmas In Whimsy

Welcome to Whimsy, a mystical town where legend comes to life at Christmas. It's said the Spirit of Whimsy appears this time of year to grant your deepest wish. Some say she's an angel, some say she's pure energy. For Lexie, Robin, and Margot, she's their last hope.

Lexie Moore, hotshot reporter, works hard to successfully juggle all the pins in her life. But when her job i
ebook
Published November 1st 2019 by BookBaby

To ask other readers questions about Christmas In Whimsy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas In Whimsy

Start your review of Christmas In Whimsy
Fran
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not gonna lie Clarissa, the author, is a friend of my husband. And with a title like Christmas in Whimsy I probably would have passed this book by (I’m a bit of a Grinch). However, knowing the author was a good thing because this book was totally up my alley!

Yes it takes place Christmas, yes there are love stories, yes there is a bit of magic. The story is still relatable, and there are details sprinkled through out that are not in your classic ‘chick-lit’ read. Bonus, a few words I had to go l
Nancy Christie
Jun 27, 2021 added it
Shelves: novels
Those who know me know I am a sucker for the holidays. So when Clarissa Markiewicz reached out to me about reviewing her book, Christmas In Whimsy, she had me at the title.

The book is, at its core, about friendships, the kind of support that sometimes comes with a hug and other times with a slight kick in the pants. The women care about each other, help each other, sustain each other when life becomes a little too much to handle.

And the Christmas timeframe makes it even more perfect!

You can read
George Yuhasz
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
CHRISTMAS IN WHIMSY immediately draws you into the lives of three women, each coping with a bewildering present and the prospect of an uncertain future. There is romance, heartache, and magic. The author is quite skillful in bringing the characters, scenes, and emotions involved in the story to life and makes you feel part of it all. Will the legendary Spirit of Whimsy grant Lexie, Robin and Margot each's deepest wish? Read this splendid book and discover for yourself if the magic of Whimsy is r ...more
Jane Brandt
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reading this engaging book was like reading a Hallmark Christmas movie but with deeper character-development and surprising plot twists. (I love to escape to a Hallmark Christmas movie.) I especially liked the scenes where one character time-traveled to the future. Autho Clarissa Markiewicz has a great imagination and engaging writing style. I highly recommend this book for reading any time of year, and I hope to read a sequel some day, because Whimsy is definitely worth visiting again.
Erin
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Claire is a good friend of mine and a former colleague. I am in awe of her writing talents.
This book was everything I thought it would be! Magic, whimsical! I got lost in that world she created and my heart was so warm upon the last page!
Beautiful book!!! So proud, Claire!!! You go girl!!!
Dan Markiewicz
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was excellent. It was quick paced and held my interest. The characters came alive and the author did an excellent job of creating separation between them while at the same time, you walked away thinking you have met them all along the way. I found it a fun book to read.
Neal
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written and whimsical, this book is a perfect holiday story. The characters are fun and interesting and the story sheds light on a lot of real life situations that help remind all of us to be thankful for what we have! I recommend this to anyone and everyone!
Clarissa J. Markiewicz
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
M Wescott
Nov 06, 2020

• Thief River Falls
  • When I Was You
  • Black and Blue
  • Miracles and Other Reasonable Things: A Story of Unlearning and Relearning God
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
  • 'Til Death Do Us Part
  • Hope Rides Again (Obama Biden Mysteries, #2)
  • Hope Never Dies (Obama Biden Mysteries, #1)
  • Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz (Oz, #4)
  • For All Who Wander: Why Knowing God Is Better than Knowing It All
  • Disgrace
  • Alternate Side
  • Seabiscuit: An American Legend
  • The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass, #0.1)
  • The Great Santini
  • A Brief Guide to the History of Israel
  • The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland
  • A Room with a View
Clarissa J. Markiewicz is a novelist who hails from Western New York. After earning her degree in English Lit and working in print media, she became a freelance literary editor of more than 200 titles. Her shorter fiction, nonfiction, and award-winning poetry has appeared in U.S. News & World Report, The Buffalo News, and Art Times, and has been commended by Scholastic and Rolling Stone.

News & Interviews

Sophie Gonzales, author of Perfect on Paper, and Cale Dietrich, author of The Friend Scheme, team up for a queer boy-band romance full of...