Start by marking “Rules are made to be Broken (Love Under Wraps Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Rules are made to be Broken (Love Under Wraps Book 2)

Rules are made to be Broken

(Love Under Wraps #2)

I’ve loved Will Henderson from the first day I laid eyes on him. But I made a solemn promise that same day. I would never, ever date Will Henderson.
For almost a decade, Charlotte Dubois has loved Will Henderson from afar, squelching her heart's silent yearnings. But no way could she date her best friend Kelsey’s brother. Their whole friendship is based on one rule: No
Published December 1st 2019 by Mylissa Demeyere

To ask other readers questions about Rules are made to be Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rules are made to be Broken

Start your review of Rules are made to be Broken (Love Under Wraps Book 2)
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Wowza. This book has loads of excellent, sparking chemistry! I loved that so much. That whole forbidden love vibe really set the stage for the growing intensity between Will and Charlotte. They have known each other for so long that all those repressed feelings are just bound to explode out at some point, right? It's something you can just feel coming and the anticipation was fun!

Charlotte is trying so hard to guard herself against Will. For her, it's more than just a promise made when she was
Katie W
Oh, my heart! I don't even know where to start with this one, because it was incredible, with the most sizzling, steamy, yet clean, romantic tension, and the best, toe-curling kisses in the world.

Will and Charlotte have had a forbidden interest in each other for 10 years and they hold each other at bay because of a promise made to Will's sister, who is also Charlotte's best friend. Their chemistry is off the charts and had me swooning like a young teen with her first crush. What I love best
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I thought this was a captivating read, once I started I couldn't put it down. Will and Charlotte have known each other for year, but they are forbidden to be anything other than friends and have tried to maintain an old promise, but Will is getting tired of hiding his true feelings. I enjoyed Will and Charlotte, they had good chemistry and were likable characters. A part of me feels bad that they have been kept apart for so long, but on the other hand it probably gave them each time to really ...more
Charissa
I read an ARC of this book, and it was a fun forbidden romance between two characters I couldn't help but love. Charlotte and Will have liked each other since high school. The only problem is, Charlotte made a promise to her best friend Kelsey not to EVER date her big brother or their friendship was off. She didn’t realize it then, but soon after, she learned that Will was Kelsey’s big brother. NOOOOO!!! So for over ten years, she has watched Will, the playboy, date and break hearts faster than ...more
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I had mixed feelings about this one! The story was compelling- I love a good long-time unknown love trope, but there were some aspects that bothered me and prevented me from connecting to the characters. First, the good stuff. Charlotte and Will are both likeable yet flawed, making them realistic rather than perfect. They have great chemistry, and I enjoyed their banter for the most part. I loved the secondary characters of Charlotte's grandmother Mamie and Will's parent Kate and Robert. I ...more
Taylor Dean
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rules are Made to be Broken is a true-blue-feel-good story. I had the opportunity to beta read this book and see it grow into the polished version that it is today.

This is a book that will leave you cheering on two lovable characters as they navigate the rocky waters of romance. Will and Charlotte have always known they were right for each other. But they are bound by childhood promises to stay away from each other.

Remaining loyal, they hold out in favor of friendship and family for as long as
Jamie Demeyere
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that you start reading and you can’t stop! It was light, funny, and addicting. Charlotte and Will had intense chemistry from the very beginning and it pulled me into their story. This is a feel good book, one where you can leave the stress of real life behind while rooting for Will and Char to take a chance. A great read.
Saskia Talgi
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really great read. Such a sweet love story full of yearning. You really find yourself rooting for Charlotte and Will! It will steal your heart!
Christina
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

This second book in the “Love Under Wraps” series was wonderful. Each book is standalone but has a theme of a forbidden love. I really enjoyed Charlotte and Will’s story and thought it had a unique take on a forbidden love.

Each chapter started by letting you know if it was Charlotte’s or Will’s perspective. Getting inside each of their heads gave me a good idea of what each was thinking and experiencing. I loved the way only Will called her “Charles”. Their romance had my toes curling
Dagmar
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the characters in this book. It's a fun read.
C.E. Hart
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don’t you love it when days after you’ve finished a book the characters still visit your thoughts?

Charlotte and Will are a memorable pair and I enjoyed their story. The chemistry had me swooning and the dual POVs kept me entranced. Their growing emotions created a steady build of tension throughout the story.

It was easy to sympathize with Charlotte, although there were times I wanted to “shake some sense” into her. Out of love, of course. I rooted for her as she tried desperately to protect her
Vibliophile
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(4.5 stars) - Forbidden love 2.0

Charlotte has lost so much in her life. It's understandable that she protects her relationships so dearly. But she's known Will as long as (actually a little longer than, lol) BFF Kelsey. And now that Kelsey's gotten married, the relationship dynamics are changing...

This is a story that is both fun and emotionally intense. It was easy to understand Charlotte's difficulty in resisting Will, who flirts like he breathes. And oh, those kisses! It just had to happen!
Britney
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my heart! This was a captivating read featuring fantastic characters, steamy (yet clean) romantic chemistry, and a forbidden love story that had me feeling ALL the feels! I loved Charlotte and Will! They've both had an interest in one another since high school but are bound by a rash promise made years ago to never get involved with one another. Charlotte knows loss, and as such she fiercely protects the relationships she has. Will is sweet and attentive, but has a playboy reputation. Over ...more
Cheri
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, swoon-worthy
Charlotte knows what losing someone feels like, losing her parents at age sixteen was hard on her. Having a best friend, Kelsey helped her with her loss. But the rule about not dating Kelsey's brother? That rule might be made to be broken. I loved this book, so cute!
Abbi
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the romance. I will definitely be looking into Mylissa's other books. I loved her style, and the story.
Bookconfessions
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Mylissa Demeyere knows how to build tension and this book does it really well. Mylissa creates a great back story and continues to balance the drama and the tension through the book.

I'm more of a romcom kind of girl, than I am a drama kind of girl, which is why Will was my favorite. He was a great character and really well written. I had a harder time with both Charlotte and Kelsey. I felt like their voice and actions came across a little juvenile at times.

The romance is a little more on the
Giovanna
Dec 09, 2019
Alisa
Dec 12, 2019
Mylissa Demeyere
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Dec 06, 2019
Jenn
Dec 04, 2019

• Hollywood and Ivy
  • Heart Thief (Love Under Wraps Book 1)
  • Christmas in Echo Creek: A Sweet Small-Town Holiday Romance
  • Secrets and Suitors
  • Her Guy Next Door Fake Fiance (Echo Ridge Romance Book 5)
  • My Not So Wicked Boss (My Not So Wicked Series Book 3)
  • Violin Words (A Christmas Romance)
  • Don't Date Your Brother's Best Friend (Strong Family Romances #1)
  • Santa Cam (A MyHeartChannel Romance)
  • Love and Second Chances (The Belfast Series, #2)
  • Until We Were More (Summer of First Kisses Book 4)
  • 10 Ways to Survive Christmas with Your Ex: A 27 Ways Novella (27 Ways Series Book 3)
  • How to Switch a Groom (Jepson Brothers #2)
  • Catch a Falling Star: Hudson Brothers Romance (The Royal Palm Resort Book 4)
  • A Duke for Lady Eve (Belles of Christmas, #5)
  • Nine Ladies Dancing (Belles of Christmas, #4)
  • A Holiday Affair (Holiday Harbor Book 1)
  • To Love a Governess (Timeless Regency Collection Book 14)
Mylissa Demeyere was born in Belgium, and resides in the beautiful city of Ghent. She lives in a somewhat organized home with her four beautiful children and the love of her life. If she isn't working, she's writing, running, reading, or enjoying time with her kids, who are growing up way too fast.
The Songs of You and Me is her debut novel, with a sequel already in the works.

Connect with Mylissa

Love Under Wraps (3 books)
  • Heart Thief (Love Under Wraps Book 1)
  • A Wrinkle in Forever