Start by marking “Rules are made to be Broken (The Rules Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Rules are made to be Broken (The Rules Series #1)

Rules are made to be Broken

(Love Under Wraps #2)

I’ve loved Will Henderson from the first day I laid eyes on him. But I made a solemn promise that same day. I would never, ever date Will Henderson.
For almost a decade, Charlotte Dubois has loved Will Henderson from afar, squelching her heart's silent yearnings. But no way could she date her best friend Kelsey’s brother. Their whole friendship is based on one rule: No frie
Published December 1st 2019 by Mylissa Demeyere

To ask other readers questions about Rules are made to be Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rules are made to be Broken

Start your review of Rules are made to be Broken (The Rules Series #1)
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Wowza. This book has loads of excellent, sparking chemistry! I loved that so much. That whole forbidden love vibe really set the stage for the growing intensity between Will and Charlotte. They have known each other for so long that all those repressed feelings are just bound to explode out at some point, right? It's something you can just feel coming and the anticipation was fun!

Charlotte is trying so hard to guard herself against Will. For her, it's more than just a promise made when she was y
Katie W
Oh, my heart! I don't even know where to start with this one, because it was incredible, with the most sizzling, steamy, yet clean, romantic tension, and the best, toe-curling kisses in the world.

Will and Charlotte have had a forbidden interest in each other for 10 years and they hold each other at bay because of a promise made to Will's sister, who is also Charlotte's best friend. Their chemistry is off the charts and had me swooning like a young teen with her first crush. What I love best abo
Kathy
I thought this was a captivating read, once I started I couldn't put it down. Will and Charlotte have known each other for year, but they are forbidden to be anything other than friends and have tried to maintain an old promise, but Will is getting tired of hiding his true feelings. I enjoyed Will and Charlotte, they had good chemistry and were likable characters. A part of me feels bad that they have been kept apart for so long, but on the other hand it probably gave them each time to really gr ...more
Christina
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

This second book in the “Love Under Wraps” series was wonderful. Each book is standalone but has a theme of a forbidden love. I really enjoyed Charlotte and Will’s story and thought it had a unique take on a forbidden love.

Each chapter started by letting you know if it was Charlotte’s or Will’s perspective. Getting inside each of their heads gave me a good idea of what each was thinking and experiencing. I loved the way only Will called her “Charles”. Their romance had my toes curling
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I had mixed feelings about this one! The story was compelling- I love a good long-time unknown love trope, but there were some aspects that bothered me and prevented me from connecting to the characters. First, the good stuff. Charlotte and Will are both likeable yet flawed, making them realistic rather than perfect. They have great chemistry, and I enjoyed their banter for the most part. I loved the secondary characters of Charlotte's grandmother Mamie and Will's parent Kate and Robert. I thoug ...more
Charissa
I read an ARC of this book, and it was a fun forbidden romance between two characters I couldn't help but love. Charlotte and Will have liked each other since high school. The only problem is, Charlotte made a promise to her best friend Kelsey not to EVER date her big brother or their friendship was off. She didn’t realize it then, but soon after, she learned that Will was Kelsey’s big brother. NOOOOO!!! So for over ten years, she has watched Will, the playboy, date and break hearts faster than ...more
Taylor Dean
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rules are Made to be Broken is a true-blue-feel-good story. I had the opportunity to beta read this book and see it grow into the polished version that it is today.

This is a book that will leave you cheering on two lovable characters as they navigate the rocky waters of romance. Will and Charlotte have always known they were right for each other. But they are bound by childhood promises to stay away from each other.

Remaining loyal, they hold out in favor of friendship and family for as long as
Jamie Demeyere
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that you start reading and you can’t stop! It was light, funny, and addicting. Charlotte and Will had intense chemistry from the very beginning and it pulled me into their story. This is a feel good book, one where you can leave the stress of real life behind while rooting for Will and Char to take a chance. A great read.
Saskia Talgi
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really great read. Such a sweet love story full of yearning. You really find yourself rooting for Charlotte and Will! It will steal your heart!
Dagmar
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the characters in this book. It's a fun read.
Donald Davis
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

I loved this story! Will and Charlotte are wonderful characters and their story is filled with longing and sweetness. I really enjoyed some of the side characters too, especially Mamie. I definitely would recommend this book to anyone who likes sweet romance and friends-to-lovers/second chance at love/forbidden romance stories.
Brienna
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book in a day because I couldn't put it down!
C.E. Hart
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don’t you love it when days after you’ve finished a book the characters still visit your thoughts?

Charlotte and Will are a memorable pair and I enjoyed their story. The chemistry had me swooning and the dual POVs kept me entranced. Their growing emotions created a steady build of tension throughout the story.

It was easy to sympathize with Charlotte, although there were times I wanted to “shake some sense” into her. Out of love, of course. I rooted for her as she tried desperately to protect her
Sheila
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This novel was a very sweet and heart-wrenching story at times. Two people meet, the attraction is there but they can only be friends. Charlotte becomes friends with Will's sister first, therefore, she can't be anything more to him. Kelsey makes Charlotte promise that she'll never date her brother. Ten years later the attraction between them is still there but Charlotte still feels she needs to keep her promise to her best friend. I was so sad for Charlotte and Will that they both were so afraid ...more
Vibliophile
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(4.5 stars) - Forbidden love 2.0

Charlotte has lost so much in her life. It's understandable that she protects her relationships so dearly. But she's known Will as long as (actually a little longer than, lol) BFF Kelsey. And now that Kelsey's gotten married, the relationship dynamics are changing...

This is a story that is both fun and emotionally intense. It was easy to understand Charlotte's difficulty in resisting Will, who flirts like he breathes. And oh, those kisses! It just had to happen!
Britney
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my heart! This was a captivating read featuring fantastic characters, steamy (yet clean) romantic chemistry, and a forbidden love story that had me feeling ALL the feels! I loved Charlotte and Will! They've both had an interest in one another since high school but are bound by a rash promise made years ago to never get involved with one another. Charlotte knows loss, and as such she fiercely protects the relationships she has. Will is sweet and attentive, but has a playboy reputation. Over t ...more
Kristal Harmon
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! And clean and fun.

Yes kissing, No sex or fade to black scenes.
Alrighty, this author did a fantastic job making the story understandable, fun and real. I was rooting for Charlotte and Will and thinking about their story throughout the day.
I enjoyed reading this book and will read more by this author.
Cheri
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, swoon-worthy
Charlotte knows what losing someone feels like, losing her parents at age sixteen was hard on her. Having a best friend, Kelsey helped her with her loss. But the rule about not dating Kelsey's brother? That rule might be made to be broken. I loved this book, so cute!
Alina
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC copy for an honest review and I am happy to say I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters had depth and so did their situations in life. There was tension and banter, and I highly recommend it.
Merri
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Sweet story with great characters

I enjoyed the story of Charlotte and Will from the beginning to the end. Every character added a degree of delight to the story. This is a book I’ll definitely recommend to all my clean romance, reading friends.
Abbi
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the romance. I will definitely be looking into Mylissa's other books. I loved her style, and the story.
C.
Could not finish. I got so sick and tired of the continual juvenile drooling over each other! Could have been so much better without all that nonsense, and more actual story!
DelSheree
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun and endearing read! I loved the depth of the characters and the realistic back and forth of trying to navigate a friends-to-lovers type of relationship. There's also fallout in this type of relationship, and I appreciated the struggle the characters had to go through while attempting to balance their needs and desires with those around them. There was a lot of emotion packed into every page!
Jillian
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two best friends breaking the rules steals your heart!

First of all how crazy is the sister Kelsey who, after 10 years, is still looking to snuff out any romance between her brother Will and BFF Charlotte. That being said she is all heart and has good motives if not a little neurotic.
I loved the determined focus of Will in this story. He had been cast as a player for many years but he really wasn’t. He knew what he wanted and was going to keep working until he got Charlotte’s attention. Charlotte
Bookconfessions
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Mylissa Demeyere knows how to build tension and this book does it really well. Mylissa creates a great back story and continues to balance the drama and the tension through the book.

I'm more of a romcom kind of girl, than I am a drama kind of girl, which is why Will was my favorite. He was a great character and really well written. I had a harder time with both Charlotte and Kelsey. I felt like their voice and actions came across a little juvenile at times.

The romance is a little more on the s
Rebekah
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun contemporary romance

I am struggling between 3.5 and 4 stars with this one. There was some repetition in the story which I did not love. I liked the characters...dentist and baker who fell in love in high school but kept the "rules" to stay friends with his sister and her best friend. The rules get broken and there's drama. If you read clean romance, this is a story line that isn't new, but I did like this author's writing.

Content: Just kissing, but clean.
Language: There is definitely one cu
Meryl
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet.

Will and Charlotte have secretly crushed on each other for years. Nothing has ever come of it as Will’s sister, Kelsey, has insisted over the years that they stay away from each other. The real irony here is that Kelsey is marrying Will’s best friend....mmmmm.
Fortunately the wedding is the start if them taking the blinkers off and slowly moving in the direction of their own HEA.
Mandi Murphy
All the feels, but...

The relationships in this book are intense. Especially Will and Charlotte. I was totally sold on them and I loved it. But the book itself could have really benefited from a little more editing.

All in all I'll be watching this author.

Content: lots of kisses and nothing more
Maralee
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5. I thought I would like this one more but was disappointed. The beginning started out great, but the plot and dialogue grew repetitive and at times unrealistic. I thought the characters acted immature for their age and Kelsey was just a spoiled brat the whole time.
Erin
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really cute. I liked the main characters and they had good chemistry. Their actions/reactions were believable. Fun, light hearted story.

Content:
Language- no swearing
Sex- no sex scenes or premarital sex; only some making out. Clean
Violence- none
*i read the kindle version

• Return to Sender (Pine Falls, #1)
  • A Man Worth Shaving For (Shaped By Love #1)
  • Oh, Keep Your Shirt On (Shaped By Love #2)
  • How to Not Fall for the Guy Next Door
  • Facial Recognition (Serenity Spa, #1)
  • Heart Thief (Love Under Wraps Book 1)
  • His Kissing Penalty (McKnight Family Romance #1)
  • The Enemy (It Happened in Charleston, #2)
  • The Dear Wife (More Than a Wife #3)
  • The Book of Sorrel
  • 10 Ways to Survive Christmas with Your Ex  (27 Ways #3)
  • In Name Only (Pine Falls #2)
  • Falling for Your Best Friend's Twin (Love Clichés, #1)
  • First Kiss Train Wreck: A Sweet Romantic Comedy Novella (Shaped by Love #3)
  • Romancing the Rake (Brotherhood of the Black Tartan #2)
  • The Solicitor's Son (Serendipity #3)
  • 27 Ways to Find a Boyfriend (27 Ways, #1)
  • Just a Boyfriend (End of the Line, #2)
Mylissa Demeyere was born in Belgium, and resides in the beautiful city of Ghent. She lives in a somewhat organized home with her four beautiful children and the love of her life. If she isn't working, she's writing, running, reading, or enjoying time with her kids, who are growing up way too fast.
The Songs of You and Me is her debut novel, with a sequel already in the works.

Connect with Mylissa

Love Under Wraps (3 books)
  • Heart Thief (Love Under Wraps Book 1)
  • A Wrinkle in Forever (Love Under Wraps Book 3)