Start by marking “These Little Lies (D.I. Siv Drummond #1)” as Want to Read:
These Little Lies (D.I. Siv Drummond #1)

These Little Lies (D.I. Siv Drummond #1)

DETECTIVE INSPECTOR SIV DRUMMOND IS LOOKING FOR A FRESH START. WHAT SHE GETS IS TWO DEAD BODIES.
It’s Detective Inspector Siv Drummond’s first day back on the job, joining a new team in a new town. This fresh start isn’t going to be easy. Still mourning the death of her husband, she must push aside her grief to focus on her first case.

Lauren Visser and Matis Rimas are found
Kindle Edition
Published November 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about These Little Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about These Little Lies

Start your review of These Little Lies (D.I. Siv Drummond #1)
Linda Strong
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

A few months after the loss of her husband, and relocating to her small hometown, DI Siv Drummond is looking forward to a much less stressful job. What she gets on her first day is two dead bodies.

A young man and older woman were found stabbed to death next to the river. A child's picture is placed on the woman's chest.

Siv is lead investigator, working with a team she's not familiar with. The woman was just reported missing a few hours earlier by her husband. There has been no report on the man.
Louise Wilson
Detective Inspector Siv Drummond #1

DI Siv Drummond is currently living in a Gypsy caravan in Sussex. It's her first day in a new job and the day does ot start off well. Two bodies have been found in the woodland. The bodies, a man and a woman, found separately, have been stabbed. The womans body had a photograph of a child. Who is the little girl? Why was the photo left there?

This is the first book in a new series. Siv is just back at work after mourning the death of her husband. There are
Ruth Matheson
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this new series of crime novels, we are introduced to DI Siv Drummond,back on duty after the death of her husband and launched in at the deep end with two murders on her first day back. We are gradually introduced to her new team and their histories. First murder was of a nursery worker who liked to go wild swimming, followed closely by that of a young Lithuanian, who was doing some illegal fishing nearby. Is their a link between them?
Good solid story line and interesting characters with the
Stina

In THESE LITTLE LIES we are introduced to DI Siv Drummond who has left the Met after the death of her husband and moved to the slower pace of the seaside town of Berminster. Siv and her sister grew up here, having been raised by their father after their mother ran out on them to take up with another lover, so it's with mixed emotions that Siv returns to her old home town.

But she has no time to ponder on the past as she is thrust deep into a murder investigation on her first day on the
Alyson Read
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in an exciting new series featuring Detective Inspector Siv Drummond. Recently widowed and still grieving, despite attempts to start to get her life back, Siv has moved from a high profile role in London's Metropolitan police to take up a post at a slower pace in her old home seaside town of Berminster. This was where she and her sister were raised by their father after their chaotic Finnish mother Mutsi dumped them for one last time to run off with yet another lover. It ...more
Elaine Tomasso
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Netgalley and Joffe Books for an advance copy of These Little Lies, the first novel to feature DI Siv Drummond, set in Berminster, Sussex.

After the death of her husband Siv leaves The Met to return to her childhood home of Berminster but it’s not the quiet backwater she envisages as she’s called out to a double murder on her first day. Lauren Visser and Matis Rimas have been found stabbed to death in a local woodland. With so many of the witnesses being economical with the
Mystica
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a page turner.

Detective Inspector Siv Drummond is facing demons of her own. Just back and on her first day, two murders come up. Seemingly random the two victims found close to each other by a river in an isolated spot are not connected to each other at all. One a young woman a nursery school teacher and the other a Polish immigrant working as a carpenter.

One link which is that Lauren one of the victims is a conservationist and objected to a signboard put up near the river which stated
Books 'n' All  Promotions
A new series from one of my favourite authors is always exciting.

Siv Drummond - her husband and soul mate has died in an accident leaving her bereft and broken. She moves to Berminster to try to move on with her life. A new home, a new area, new colleagues, boss and everything that goes with it is a big challenge for someone who is lost but Siv is basically strong and is determined to find her way.

She is paired with Ali an overweight diabetic but one with a big heart and compassionate nature he
Jen
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In 2018, I read two books by Gretta Mulrooney and enjoyed them, so when NetGalley offered the first in a new series by Mulrooney, I was pleased.

DI Siv Drummond, still grieving over the loss of her husband, finally decides to get back to work. Her new job thrusts her immediately into a double murder, and she hopes she is ready.

A photo of a child left on one of the bodies provides the only clue. The killer left no other evidence for Siv and her team to work with. The interviews with the husband of
Hanlie
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid mystery thriller by an author I will definitely read again. The ending had quite a surprising twist!

DI Siv Drummond lost her husband in a tragic accident and she decides to make a fresh start in Berminster. Instead of easing herself into her new job she gets thrown in at the deep end when two bodies are discovered on her first day on the job.
The one body was that of the 25 year old Lauren Visser who was stabbed, possibly with scissors. On her body the killer also left a photo of a young
Cherry London
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DI Drummon had a difficult new beginning after the death of her husband, even while keeping busy by doing her job she was grieving deeply. I was amazed at how she battled her loss while investigating a double murder. She is a strong character who didn’t let her deep trauma deter her from doing an excellent job in this murder mystery. She and her team had to dig deep for clues to fit the puzzle. Although they lead them astray sometimes that didn’t hinder their progress. Due to their diligence in ...more
Teigan
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thankyou to NetGalley and Joffee Books for the ARC for a fantastic read.
This book was definitely a page turner with plenty of twists and turns. I kept thinking I knew who the killer was only to be steered in another direction. A great new series, I would highly recommend for those who like mystery thrillers.
I will be keeping an eye out for the next book in the series or something else by Gretta Malrooney
Joyce
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

DI Siv Drummond is a new character for Ms. Mulrooney. Siv is trying to recover from the hardship of the death of her husband and joins a new force in a new town after a several month leave from policing.

Siv's team is called to the scene where two murders have occurred. It appears that the man and woman died near the same time and the same weapon was used on both. Did they know each other?

So the investigation begins with several dead ends and apparently gets nowhere fast. Siv's new boss,
booklover BEV
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping

The first book in the D.I. Siv Drummond series and what a cracking read. matis Rimas comes to England for a better life, living in Sussex but its short lived while out fishing carp finds a dead woman, taking out his phone, he feels a sharp stabbing pain and knows no more. Its Monday morning, and Siv sets off for her first day at work with working partner D.S. Ali Carlin a man who never stops talking both are assigned to work on both murders.The girl Lauren Visser, married no children is
Amanda
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Gretta's work for a little while now. I first discovered how fabulous a writer Gretta is, when I was invited to take part in the blog tour for one of Gretta's earlier titles. Since then I have devoured each and every book that she has released since as well as caught up on her previous releases. I heard a whisper that she was due to release the first book in a new series. I was eager to get my hands on a copy as I knew that I was going to be in for one hell of a read. I ...more
Anne
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and author for this ARC,

First book I’ve read by this author and her first in a new series featuring a new character, DI Siv Drummond. I had high hopes for this book after reading the blurb and wasn’t disappointed. I really, really enjoyed this book, it started off with DI Drummond starting a new job after the death of her husband and returning to an area where she spent some of her teenage years. She had to hit the ground running on her first day by
D.K. Hundt
Nov 22, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
These Little Lies is the first book that I’ve read by Gretta Mulrooney, and won't be my last. I was pulled into the story from the very beginning, as the main character, Detective Inspector Siv Drummond, looking for a fresh start moves to a new town and is immediately assigned the task of solving a double murder.

I really wanted to be so engaged in this book, that I would be turning the pages into the wee hours of the morning, but that didn't happen here. This book took me a few days to get
Hannelore Cheney
Thank you NetGalley and Joffe Books for the eARC.
I loved this first in the DI Siv Drummond series, may there be many more to follow.
Siv, starting her new job, has immediately caught the case of two murders. One is a young woman and the other a young man, both in the same area on the bank of a river and both stabbed by scissors.
Siv is still mourning the death of her husband and nervous about being able to do a good job. Ali, who is her second in command, is a good, cheerful man who lifts her
Marion
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new series and a new character, DI Siv Drummond. Siv, recently widowed, has decided to move away from London where everything reminds her of what she has lost. She moves, leaving her job with the murder squad at the Met for what she hopes will be a a quieter life as a DI in Berminster Sussex.
It seems her hopes are not to be, as on her first day she is immediately drawn into a double murder investigation. Will she be up to it?
A photograph of a young girl has been left on the body of the
Janice Lombardo
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These Little Lies is quite aptly named. This, as most of the characters have secrets and lies that they do not want to divulge.

DI Siv Drummond has been on bereavement leave for 6 months following her husband's death. She returns to work in Berminster, and is thrown into a double murder case on her first day back to work. She is assigned DS and DC - Ali & Patrick, respectively.

A woman and a man are both found dead of stab wounds at Lock Lane. As Siv becomes more acquainted with the case she
Louise
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christine Rennie
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
With thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the Arc, which I have enjoyed reading.
These Little Lies are the first in a new police series by Gretta Mulrooney and it was a very clever storyline and strong characters which could grow and develop with other books in the series.
DI Siv Drummond is the main character who moves from London after the death of her husband back to Berminster where she and her sister lived with their father. There are two murders for her to investigate on her first
Belladonna
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Detective Inspector Siv Drummond is widowed following a tragic accident involving her husband. With everything in London reminding her of the past, she moves from a high-profile squad with the Met to a new job as DI in Berminster.

had high hopes for this book after reading the blurb and wasn’t disappointed. I really enjoyed this book. There are lots of twists and turns in the plot and numerous suspects who you know are not being truthful to the Police. Which makes you wonder what are they
Jill Burgin
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book ever by Gretta Mulrooney and it’s the first in a new series, so that was helpful! Our protagonist, Detective Siv Drummond, gets a really big case, the first day back at work, grieving the loss of her husband. Siv is on a new team, in a new location but carries her emotions and loss with her. We meet the new team and start working on solving the mystery. I really was surprised at the explosive ending and I can’t wait to read another one!
Sharon Rimmelzwaan
A new author for me. I have never read any of Gretta's other books so a new series for her and a fresh start for me. Set in Berminster where DI Siv Drummond has returned to after the death of her husband, expecting a nice quiet career! She thought wrong, first day in there two murders are neededto be solved! From there the story twists fantastically, with an ending that was rather unexpected!This is gonna be a fab series, excitedly waiting for the next!
Hillary
This read like an episode of law and order inasmuch as every witness managed to provide answers to the police's questions in a way that was both comprehensive and concise. I find that wildly unrealistic, but pressing on: The larger problem is that the whole tome is weighed down by paragraph upon paragraph of completely useless detail. These were not scene setting details, they were lists of facts that are never brought up again.
Aileen  (Ailz) Grist
A well written and absorbing book. A DI with a past and hopes for the future. DI Siv Drummond is living in a little gypsy caravan in a meadow, near the sea in Sussex. Idyllic, for her first day in her new job she picks up a double murder - and a boss who wanted his protégé to get the job. Not so idyllic.

Enjoyed it immensly - read it in one day, ignoring all else.

I read a free advance review copy. This review is voluntary, honest and my own opinion.
Traceysyearinbooks
This is the first book in the series
The plot was written very well. It was fast paced, filled with twists and turns and it was gripping.
There was a backstory about DI Drummond and her family. I really warmed to her.
I had no idea who the killer was and was shocked at some of the revelations in the story.
This was an interesting and well written crime novel. I recommend it to anyone who likes police procedural books.
I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series
Joan
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read!

The book had me from start to finish. The characters are well developed and keep you wanting to know more about them .
The mystery will keep you guessing and just when you believe you know who the killer is..... Bam! Guess again!
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves English mysteries.
Michelle Debnam
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Returning to Berminster after the death of her husband Di Siv Drummond is theown headfirst into a double murder on her first day on the job, not quite the quiet place she remembers

Thoroughly enjoyed

• Silent Crimes
  • The Liar (Mike Croft, #4)
  • MURDEROUS SECRETS (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #6)
  • An Unholy Shame (Monica Noble, #3)
  • The Missing Nurse (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries #1)
  • The Flower Show Murder (Monica Noble, #2)
  • THE GEORDIE MURDER an addictive crime mystery full of twists (Eric Ward Mystery Book 5)
  • THE MORALS OF A MURDERER an enthralling crime mystery full of twists (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries Book 4)
  • Deadly Silence (Detective Jane Phillips, #1)
  • BLOOD ON THE COWLEY ROAD a gripping mystery full of twists (Detective Susan Holden Book 1)
  • ROLLOVER a gripping crime thriller you won’t be able to put down (Detective Jeff Temple Book 1)
  • The Greek Island Killer (DI Jack Dawes Series #1)
  • Killer Motive
  • The Vicarage Murder (Monica Noble, #1)
  • He Knows Your Secrets
  • The Sleepover (Detective Natalie Ward #4)
  • Vanish without Trace
  • TURPITUDE: Detectives investigate a sinister murder in this gripping Scottish murder mystery (Detective Inspector Munro murder mysteries Book 10)
I was born and brought up in London. My parents were Irish. I studied for a B.A. in English at The University of Ulster and subsequently a qualification in Social Work.
I taught English in secondary schools, then worked in social care for many years.

I started writing for children in my thirties and had five books published with Poolbeg Press. My first adult fiction novel won a bursary from East