Start by marking “What Are Friends For?” as Want to Read:
What Are Friends For?

What Are Friends For?

FALLING IN LOVE ISN'T COMPLICATED...UNLESS IT'S WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND.

She thinks she's kissing Jeremy, the totally hot basketball player she's been crushing on. And the kiss...it's amazing.
Published January 14th 2020 by Golden Crown Publishing

To ask other readers questions about What Are Friends For?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Are Friends For?

Start your review of What Are Friends For?
Torie Jean
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for this book in exchange for an honest review.

What Are Friends For? By Sarah Sutton is a refreshing, upbeat, best-friends-to lovers YA Contemporary Romance that really did have me crushing hard; on the author, and her use of prose, description and solid dialogue; on the characters with fresh-to-YA nuances, and the parents who—HALLELUJAH ARE ALIVE AND USEFUL!

I instantly connected with the less-than-graceful Remi and her voice which is used to narrate the story. I found myself
Shelby Loren Scott
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was sent an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Remi and Elijah have been best friends since grade school--absolutely inseparable. One kissing mishap at her crush's party, check! This kiss changes Remi's whole perception of her best friend, sending her down a path of secret pining. She wants him, but doesn't want to lose him if the truth about their kiss comes to light.

Right away, the very first chapter sucked me in immediately. I was already connecting with the characters and
Emma
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of What Are Friends For? in exchange for an honest review.

And honestly? I loved it. I couldn't put this book down from the moment I started it. I dreamed about it at night and woke up excited to continue reading. I fell for every character in the story; I connected with them, felt their pain and happiness, and struggled when they struggled. I'm left wanting to read more and can't wait for the next book to come out.

Sarah Sutton does an amazing job weaving a story. The plot is
G M Rinderle
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of What Are Friends For? in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fun, lighthearted read. Remi's inner struggles remind me so much of that time in my life. The author does a great job of giving each character a unique voice, and she balances conflict perfectly.
Halfway into the novel, I had to choose between reading this and working on an editing project. In honor of Remi, I put off my own project to finish this charming tale. It was definitely worth it.
If you're looking
Arceli
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t wait for this book to be released
Cassie Kelley
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for this book in exchange for an honest review.

Remi and Elijah have been best friends for years. Remi couldn’t imagine falling in love with him, but one accidental kiss changes her entire perspective. In this romantic YA novel, follow Remi as she struggles to come to terms with new feelings and thoughts about her old friend.

Sarah Sutton brings these characters to life with stirring words and excellent prose. The emotions fly off the page and sink deep into your heart, and
Alicja
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
‘What Are Friends For?’ a great debut, from the easy-flowing narration to well-described character interactions and relations. It’s cute, light-hearted and fun; just the way it should be.

YA contemporary romances have often use overdone tropes and devices, and I was glad to see more focus on the friendship between Rami and Elijah in this book than just on the underlying romantic feeling between both characters. While the feelings had played great importance in the storyline, the friendship
TMR
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 17+
Note: I received an ARC generously from the author in exchange for an honest review.

So to summarize y'all, it's basically a closet game gone wrong. But the good kind of wrong.

The cover - Is quirky and hints at the what story may be.

The summary - A close, easygoing friendship can all change with just one kiss. Seventeen-year-old Remi Beaufort learns this the hard way when she plays a blindfolded kissing game at a party.

She thinks she's kissing Jeremy, the totally hot basketball player she's
Lynelle Barrett
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Almost immediately when I started reading, I thought how FUN it was. It brought back memories of my own teenage years, which were full of snark and good-natured jokes. Remi and Elijah are both very likable, very relateable high school seniors, and you're immediately drawn into their snappy banter and familiarity with one another. That same familiarity is felt in the setting itself, which brings about a nice, cozy feeling despite the book taking place during the winter. I also found the wintry ...more
Kristen Roedel
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Sutton's writing is clear and precise. She effortlessly weaves complex characters that come more and more to life with every turn of the page. What Are Friends For? is funny, witty, and heartfelt in a way that doesn't feel cliche or overdone. An absolute pleasure to read.
Caity H
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute Rom-Com

Downloaded this while recovering from wisdom teeth removal and it was quite an enjoyable read! Very cute, with the fun twists and drama you can expect in romance. Looking forward to more from this author in the future :)
E.J. Nickson
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super cute, well written, fun read. Sarah Sutton does a nice job of bringing you back to the emotion and angst of being a young woman in high school (for some of us that was longer ago than others).

Looking forward to seeing more from this author!
Thamy
glasauthor
Dec 21, 2019
Justin Holloway
Dec 26, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please move my book from someone else's page 5 233 Nov 11, 2019 03:56PM

• Roped (Purgatory Club, #1)
  • What to Say Next
  • Love, Jacaranda
  • The Case for Temptation
  • 飴色パラドックス 1 [Ameiro Paradox 1] (Amber Paradox #1)
  • James and the Giant Peach
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Only Child
  • What Kind of Girl
  • The Brightest Night (Origin, #3)
  • Murder in Baker Street: New Tales of Sherlock Holmes
  • Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (Charlie Bucket, #2)
  • Christmas Eve, 1914
  • Doctor Who: The Day She Saved the Doctor: Four Stories from the TARDIS
  • The End of the World Running Club
  • That Magic Touch (Lake Shelbyville, #1)
  • I Will Teach You to Be Rich: No Guilt. No Excuses. No BS. Just a 6-Week Program That Works
Sarah Sutton is a YA Romance author, bringing you stories about teenagers falling in love (sometimes with magic)She spends her days dreaming up ideas with her two adorable puppies by her side being cheerleaders (and mega distractions). ...more