Start by marking “Twice Shy (Javier Coven #2)” as Want to Read:
Twice Shy (Javier Coven #2)

Twice Shy

(Javier Coven #2)

Bastian - For three hundred twenty eight years, my soul has ached, calling out for its fated match. I yearn for the one who will complete me; the one I can protect, love, honor and cherish for all time. When my best friend, prince, and Coven Master Dante found his soulmate Ben, I was overjoyed for the pair, but also envious of their bond. I wondered if the day would ever ...more
Published October 28th 2019

Start your review of Twice Shy (Javier Coven #2)
Barbara➰
Milo has had a hard life. Kicked out of his home for being gay, he puts his faith in someone who only has ill intentions towards him. He's then stuck with no way out. When Bastian comes across Milo during an altercation, he knows that Milo is his. He doesn't hold Milo's past against him and he works to make his life better.

I liked this one better than the first. It was a sweet hurt-comfort book. It was a little more dark in the beginning than I was expecting from this author. Not necessarily a
Karina Vega
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
love it

keep the vamp books coming! Not near enough good vampire books, i love this series! Is sam next?! He needs a giant muscle vamp of high stature as a mate lol thats just what i picture. Great job on this series so far, keep it up!
Niecy Lansden-Martin
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Part 2

This was one of the best vampire books Ive read in a long time. It was modern and the vampires could do normal things. Im interested in Sams story lol I CSM only imagine. Will hr be happy pissed etc
Melinda Collins
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing series

I am totally loving this series. The humor the author incorporates into the story had me laughing out loud. The hot sex scenes and toothache sweet love this books has gives you all the feels along with the thrills.
Ryane
Feb 21, 2020 added it
Shelves: no-repeat
This had the nerve to be worst than the first one. The lack of character development. Even with insta-love, there should be some character development.

I was hoping with the second one there was be some sort of growth in the writing. I was quite wrong.
Wende
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay

It is a quick read. Instant love with the vampire thing. As most are. Nothing new in this book. It was wham they met, instant love, then danger and certain death, then love conquers all.
nikki brackenbury
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story

This was a really good book . I love how sweet the story is . I would recommend to .
SMJC
Nov 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Literary whiplash

I'll start by saying I only bothered with this book, thinking I'd get more of Sam, since he was the only character I liked in the first book. Let's just say, I don't know where my Sam went.

Strike one. The sex scenes are icky, a little gross, definitely raunchy, and what's worse, the author has a foot fetish. Nope, no way can you trust someone who likes to suck on toes. That's disgusting.

Strike two. The Spanish. For the love of carne asada, Google translate is not where you
joani
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stronger men and lots of humor

Milo isn't a cry baby so that right there was a big improvement. He is more of a man with a terrible life but fate was on his side when Bastian saves him. Again the love part is easy but it's about the trust and the whole truth on top of Milo's horrible life that threatens the furure. Again the dynamic within these men is really funny, so that made for a better read.
llv
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Rating: 3 stars
The major problem with this book is that it is too short on story. It was way too much super sugary insta-love and what conflict there was in the story was resolved quickly. I dont mind a bit of insta-love, but this was just way too over the top. Still, I did like most of the characters. Overall, I did enjoy parts of the book and I am looking forward to reading Sams story next.
Anna
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first book but it wasnt all bad! Major instalove and while thats not a huge problem, two weeks is really short. Im sooo looking forward to reading the last book in the series, Twice Bitten which is Sams story! Im totally not surprised that itll take two men to tame Sam.
Recommended and happy reading.
Ann Gronbach
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this series

I read book one and two back to back. I love these vampires. Just enough mating and drama. I agree with another reviewer this is fresh that it don't pull the mains apart through most the book. I can't wait for book 3 I am hoping it's Sam's book cause that boy cracks me up.
Louise
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tattoo!

Bastian finding his Soulmate is a must read. The first book in this series was fantastic introducing Vampiers. Jayda has it all down pat. The stories just flow plus the Sex is Steamy and Hot.
lorikayhorsfall
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as book one in the Javier Coven series .

Book one was so good I didn't think you could match it . You surpassed it . I can't wait till Sam's story comes out . It will be very interesting I'm sure.
andrea moran
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Javier coven 2

Coven second Bastion finds his fated mate turning tricks in an alleyway, he promptly brings him home to the coven and sets about making him feel treasured
Cynthia Charron
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
True and heartfelt

You love soulmates ? Acceptance and no cliffhanger ? Then this is the book for you ❣
Jayda Marx is a new author for me, one that touch my soul and heart 😍
Hani Md Mahatri
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Feels rushed

Not as engaging as the first book, the dynamic feels really rushed and I'd like it if we could explore the villains more just like in the first book..
Samantha Foster
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

Short, sweet, and super sexy. Hurt/comfort theme with plenty of laughter thrown in. Loved it and cant wait for the next.
Julie Taylor
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good

Im really enjoying these sweet white knight vampire storys . Milo and Bastian are so sweet . I hope we get Sams story next. A HEA story
Karen
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. Can't wait for the next one.
Korenne Bryant
August Polen
Jan 26, 2020
Kellie Dennis
Dec 13, 2019

• Sentinel (The Lost Pack #3)
  • Keeper (The Lost Pack, #2)
  • Defender (The Lost Pack #1)
  • Stop at Nothing (The Chosen One #5)
  • Ties That Bind (The Family Novak #2)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #1)
  • His Elder Dragon (Divine Dragons #1)
  • The Christmas Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #1)
  • Betrayed (The Lost Wolves #1)
  • Stay True to Me
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Ezra's Awakening: A Blood and Bones Christmas (Vampires of Blood and Bones #4)
  • Die Pretty (Vampires of Blood and Bones #3)
  • Family Ties (The Family Novak #1)
  • His Kind of Man (HeavyLoad!, #3)
  • Runaway Omega (The Wolves of Rocky Ridge #1)
  • The Alpha's Christmas Wish (Hobson Hills Omegas #7)
  • Cauldron Cake Pops and a Witch's Kiss (Holiday Omegas, #1)
I live in rural Ohio with my husband and two sons who drive me nuts, but I love them with all my heart. I enjoy reading and writing romance of all types, but gay romance is my forte and favorite! Twice the sexy men? Yes, please! My books tend to be low angst because it hurts my heart, but they do contain lots of heartfelt moments, steamy scenes and a healthy dose of humor. Thank you to everyone ...more

Javier Coven (3 books)
  • Once Bitten (Javier Coven, #1)
  • Twice Bitten (Javier Coven #3)

News & Interviews