Start by marking “Twice Shy (Javier Coven #2)” as Want to Read:
Twice Shy (Javier Coven #2)

Twice Shy

(Javier Coven #2)

Bastian - For three hundred twenty eight years, my soul has ached, calling out for its fated match. I yearn for the one who will complete me; the one I can protect, love, honor and cherish for all time. When my best friend, prince, and Coven Master Dante found his soulmate Ben, I was overjoyed for the pair, but also envious of their bond. I wondered if the day would ever c ...more
Published October 28th 2019

Start your review of Twice Shy (Javier Coven #2)
Barbara➰
Milo has had a hard life. Kicked out of his home for being gay, he puts his faith in someone who only has ill intentions towards him. He's then stuck with no way out. When Bastian comes across Milo during an altercation, he knows that Milo is his. He doesn't hold Milo's past against him and he works to make his life better.

I liked this one better than the first. It was a sweet hurt-comfort book. It was a little more dark in the beginning than I was expecting from this author. Not necessarily a b
Karina Vega
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
love it

keep the vamp books coming! Not near enough good vampire books, i love this series! Is sam next?! He needs a giant muscle vamp of high stature as a mate lol that’s just what i picture. Great job on this series so far, keep it up!
Niecy Lansden-Martin
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Part 2

This was one of the best vampire books I’ve read in a long time. It was modern and the vampires could do normal things. I’m interested in Sams story lol I CSM only imagine. Will hr be happy pissed etc
Melinda Collins
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing series

I am totally loving this series. The humor the author incorporates into the story had me laughing out loud. The hot sex scenes and toothache sweet love this books has gives you all the feels along with the thrills.
Tangled N Books
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, m-m
Read by Shon

Still over the top but very funny.
Wende
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay

It is a quick read. Instant love with the vampire thing. As most are. Nothing new in this book. It was wham they met, instant love, then danger and certain death, then love conquers all.
nikki brackenbury
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story

This was a really good book . I love how sweet the story is . I would recommend to .
SMC
Nov 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Literary whiplash

I'll start by saying I only bothered with this book, thinking I'd get more of Sam, since he was the only character I liked in the first book. Let's just say, I don't know where my Sam went.

Strike one. The sex scenes are icky, a little gross, definitely raunchy, and what's worse, the author has a foot fetish. Nope, no way can you trust someone who likes to suck on toes. That's disgusting.

Strike two. The Spanish. For the love of carne asada, Google translate is not where you sho
Kris Payne
May 04, 2021 rated it liked it
Eh

This is my first time writing a review, and there isn’t really a remarkable reason for this now, but just that I’m bored. So...

I could have done without all the mediocre Spanish. It was very unnecessary and honestly annoying. I may have appreciated it if it was just one or two lines in the whole book, but it was everywhere. You’re either going to struggle to read it, skip over it, or spend time on google translate trying to translate it (If it hasn’t already been translated).... which brings m
Michelle
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Surviving hardship and fated mates

Ohhhh! I love this book so much! Literally picking up where the first book ends, this story of survival and love is just perfect. Poor Milo has had the worst of the worst lives but it all changes as soon as Bastian barrels into his world and saves him in every way possible. I adored their love and how their relationship grew. It's so sweet and caring. Of course, it just wouldn't be a trademark Jayda Marx book without a healthy dose of snarky humor and sexual ban
Tonya
Apr 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Strength

My heart aches for the things that Milo has been through. But he has the incredible strength to have survived it all and I love that about him. Bastian has been a solid presence and I am really happy to see him find his soulmate in this story. It was very rewarding to see I the evil in their way get what’s coming to them and to see how even when he is new to their world and friendship the others come to his side when they’re needed. Another wonderful story by this author.
llv
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Rating: 3 stars
The major problem with this book is that it is too short on story. It was way too much super sugary insta-love and what conflict there was in the story was resolved quickly. I don’t mind a bit of insta-love, but this was just way too over the top. Still, I did like most of the characters. Overall, I did enjoy parts of the book and I am looking forward to reading Sam’s story next.
joani
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stronger men and lots of humor

Milo isn't a cry baby so that right there was a big improvement. He is more of a man with a terrible life but fate was on his side when Bastian saves him. Again the love part is easy but it's about the trust and the whole truth on top of Milo's horrible life that threatens the furure. Again the dynamic within these men is really funny, so that made for a better read.
Tam
Feb 08, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, vampires
It was pretty rough to read about Milo's past but I was glad Bastien found him and Ben was pretty funny at the end. I also loved how Milo was the only one of the 3 (two vamps and Ben) who understood what Sam talked about given his life as a sex worker. The vampires were too old and Ben too innocent and Milo was the only one who really got half the stuff coming out of Sam's mouth and then had to explain it to the others. An enjoyable read. ...more
Ann Gronbach
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this series

I read book one and two back to back. I love these vampires. Just enough mating and drama. I agree with another reviewer this is fresh that it don't pull the mains apart through most the book. I can't wait for book 3 I am hoping it's Sam's book cause that boy cracks me up.
Anna
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first book but it wasn’t all bad! Major instalove and while that’s not a huge problem, two weeks is really short. I’m sooo looking forward to reading the last book in the series, Twice Bitten which is Sams story! I’m totally not surprised that it’ll take two men to tame Sam.
Recommended and happy reading.
Morgan  Skye
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was really angsty at first and I LOVE a good under dog story so I was grabbed right away!

The schmaltz is high in this book but it’s sweet – so if that’s what you’re in the mood for – this is it!

I don’t like the cover and I have to admit I don’t like how our sweet boys seem to transform at the end of these stories into sluts – but…

Overall, recommed!

lorikayhorsfall
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as book one in the Javier Coven series .

Book one was so good I didn't think you could match it . You surpassed it . I can't wait till Sam's story comes out . It will be very interesting I'm sure.
Louise
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tattoo!

Bastian finding his Soulmate is a must read. The first book in this series was fantastic introducing Vampiers. Jayda has it all down pat. The stories just flow plus the Sex is Steamy and Hot.
Marianne Sheetz
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
number two

What a beautiful and wonderful story, right some bad but the love unfolds like a majestic flower! Can't wait to do the third one! Love when characters go from book to boom. What about Sam?
Sue bowdley
This is a great follow up to the first book..I love Bastian and Milo..Milo's back story is heartbreaking..What he went through was hard until he met Bastian who saved his life....I love them both together and I love that Milo calls Bastian Papi...I think this has to be my favourite...x ...more
Denise White
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good addition

This was a good addition ... I just loved Milo.. I truly felt for.him..Bastian was wonderful as well...this plot was a little more realistic than book one as well...it was good to see Ben and Sam...again I LOL at Sam's Antics... Off to the final book (3)
andrea moran
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Javier coven 2

Coven second Bastion finds his fated mate turning tricks in an alleyway, he promptly brings him home to the coven and sets about making him feel treasured
Hani Md Mahatri
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Feels rushed

Not as engaging as the first book, the dynamic feels really rushed and I'd like it if we could explore the villains more just like in the first book..
Samantha Foster
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

Short, sweet, and super sexy. Hurt/comfort theme with plenty of laughter thrown in. Loved it and cant wait for the next.
Cynthia Charron
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
True and heartfelt

You love soulmates ? Acceptance and no cliffhanger ? Then this is the book for you ❣
Jayda Marx is a new author for me, one that touch my soul and heart 😍
Julie Taylor
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good

I’m really enjoying these sweet white knight vampire story’s . Milo and Bastian are so sweet . I hope we get Sam’s story next. A HEA story
Tony Williamson,jr.
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great series

An easy uncomplicated read. Sam is my favorite in this series. A bit wild and carefree but loyal to a fault and loves those he considers friends.

• Spencer (Leashes & Lace #5)
  • A Daddy for the Cowboy (The Men of River Gorge, #1.5)
  • Bossy Baby (Daddy's Boy, #4)
  • Little Red (Big Bad Wolves, #1)
  • Untamed (Untamed, #1)
  • Rules to Obey (Davey's Rules, #5)
  • Home is Where the Heart Is (Cloverleah Pack #13)
  • Alpha Home (J.T's Bar #3)
  • Cam's Chance (Arrowtown #5)
  • Cornelius (Warlocks of Amherst #1)
  • Betrayed (The Lost Wolves #1)
  • Bodyguard's Bite (Howler Brothers #2)
  • Cold Hard Cash (Cold Hard Cash #1)
  • Sacred Omega (Guardian Dragons, #1)
  • Claiming My Enemy (Blackwater Pack, #4)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • His Protective Mates (Broken Oaks Pack Book 1)
  • Let's Make a Baby
I live in rural Ohio with my husband and two sons who drive me nuts, but I love them with all my heart. I enjoy reading and writing romance of all types, but gay romance is my forte and favorite! Twice the sexy men? Yes, please! My books tend to be low angst because it hurts my heart, but they do contain lots of heartfelt moments, steamy scenes and a healthy dose of humor. Thank you to everyone fo ...more

Javier Coven (3 books)
  • Once Bitten (Javier Coven, #1)
  • Twice Bitten (Javier Coven #3)

News & Interviews