Start by marking “Tales From the Aether: Extraordinary Tales of Dark Fiction, Dark Humor & Horror” as Want to Read:
Tales From the Aether: Extraordinary Tales of Dark Fiction, Dark Humor & Horror

Tales From the Aether: Extraordinary Tales of Dark Fiction, Dark Humor & Horror

In these 14 stunningly original, provocative and entertaining stories, the reader confronts questions and situations never before considered by mere mortals. A compilation of what seems like ordinary events quickly unfold to reveal possibilities humanity has only ever dared to consider.

Imagine you've woken up in a strange place, completely in the dark... or perhaps...Your
Published December 1st 2019 by Matthew C. Woodruff

To ask other readers questions about Tales From the Aether, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales From the Aether

Start your review of Tales From the Aether: Extraordinary Tales of Dark Fiction, Dark Humor & Horror
BooksCoffee
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Award-winning Woodruff’s panache for writing shines in his second collection of short stories with the wildly imagined worlds, powerfully drawn realistic characters, and an unsettling portrayal of various happenings in his protagonists’ lives.

Merging the profound emotions of joy, fear, loss, love, foreboding, and incomprehension, Woodruff’s twelve stories are set around particular holidays of the year.

“The Alban Eiler” is a story of two women and their adolescent daughters, who despite being b
Timothy
A collection of Horror stories with a hint of dark humor.

The Dark New Year feels a little like Poe's Pit and the Pendulum. This story was a bit strange and I truly did not get the point of the ending with the closet. The scar is never really explained and I am curious what really caused the scar. Was it all a dream? I am not entirely sure.

Amy's Valentine is very dark and while I had some idea that something was going to happen with the stranger, I did not expect the contents of the box. T
Amy Shannon
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uniquely dark and creepy! A must read!

Woodruff pens magnificently dark stories in TALES from the AETHER: Extraodinary Tales of Dark Fiction, Dark Humor and Horror. This collection makes you wonder what goes on in the mind of this author, and that you're so glad he put it on paper. I liked each story, and enjoy Woodruff's writing style, and his story style. The stories are either, dark, horror, dark and humorous or all of the above. I read this cover to cover, and even went back and read a few al
Linda mccann
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wild ride

These stories immediately hook you. You want the answers to the questions posed. Highly enjoyable and engaging! I finished in one night.
Amy Shannon
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uniquely dark and creepy! A must read!

Woodruff pens magnificently dark stories in TALES from the AETHER The Best Short Stories of 2020. This collection makes you wonder what goes on in the mind of this author, and that you're so glad he put it on paper. I liked each story, and enjoy Woodruff's writing style, and his story style. The stories are either, dark, horror, dark and humorous or all of the above. I read this cover to cover, and even went back and read a few all over again, for a second.
Melissa
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book. I highly recommend
Mescha Hoskins
Oct 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book in a giveaway, it was interesting but I found it lacking a bit.
Pj
Jun 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Oddities indeed

I'm not sure what I expected but strange stories was not it.
Interesting tales but they need much better editing.
Tracey
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Honestly, this is one of the most trippy series of shorts that I have read in a long time. Odd, dark, and twisted. Worth a read!
Candra Hodge
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark horror stories

Don't look for many happy endings in these short stories. All of these horror stories have a very dark twist in them (usually involving someone dying). They were all very entertaining, however.

I won this book on a goodreads.com giveaway.
Matthew Woodruff
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Now with two new stories, this re-vamped edition of TALES from the AETHER is a collection of the best short stories published in 2019/2020.
J
rated it did not like it
Jun 06, 2020
Dolatshahi
May 13, 2020
Jamie Grecco
May 13, 2020
Adedayo Adewunmi-Missa
Jan 08, 2020
Matthew Woodruff
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Roxanne
Steff
Sam Ehresman
Goodreads Librari...: Please add my book cover 2 14 Jan 15, 2020 10:32AM

• Hap: The Prize Winning Horse
  • Nowhere Man (Crocodile Dreaming)
  • Beautiful Nightmare (Beautiful Nightmare #1)
  • Chameleons
  • Terminal Pulse: A Codi Sanders Thriller
  • She: A Cautionary Tale
  • Blind Target: A Codi Sanders Thriller
  • The Lost Train
  • Cryptal's Champion (Songs of Si'Empra,  #2)
  • Thorfinn and the Witch's Curse (The Forerunner Saga #1)
With sardonic wit and complete irreverence, Matthew Woodruff is one of America’s pre-eminent humor writers. The great skill with which he slices through cultural euphemisms and political correctness proves that Woodruff is a master of dark humor and satire and one of the most observant writers addressing the human condition today.

It is said that Matthew was born with a book in one hand and a pen i