Start by marking “Welcome to Bellevue” as Want to Read:
Welcome to Bellevue

Welcome to Bellevue

“Welcome to Bellevue, where the mountains meet the sea…”

Harry awakes on a ferry with no memory of how he came to be there. The boat is bound for Bellevue, a place he has never heard of. When he goes ashore, his attempts to leave are thwarted.

Feeling trapped and alone, Harry gradually gets to know and trust some of the locals, and hopes he is on the way to learning the myst
Published November 15th 2019 by Grattan Street Press (first published November 8th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to Bellevue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to Bellevue

Start your review of Welcome to Bellevue
Bec (becklebooks)
I have no idea what to rate this book. (I think it's a 3 stars for me.) It was pitched as 'a fantasy action and adventure novel' and while that is technically true, it's not exactly the right description. It felt very insular, slow moving, with a bit of lurking atmosphere and a character-driven plot at the heart of it.
What I liked was the writing style, it was easy to absorb and read really quickly. The atmosphere that it invoked made the town feel like a character in and of itself, and the almo
Laney
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
The perfect read for fans of the TV show "Lost"! Harry wakes up on a ferry arriving at a mysterious island, with little memory of his past, and no way to leave. The townsfolk seem determined to keep something from him - but what is it? Does he want to know?

This is more of a character driven story at first, rather than plot driven, but that slowly changed as Harry began to unravel the mysteries of Bellevue. Our main character is a writer, so his wonderfully sarcastic inner-voice adds an extra des
Stuart Rogers
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to Bellevue is an outstanding debut novel from Seth Robinson. Full of intriguing supporting characters in addition to the protagonist Harry, the story captures you from the get-go and keeps palpable suspense in the air till the time is right for the mystery to unravel. Perhaps even more impressive, however, is Robinson's ability to colour the mind of readers with vivid descriptions of the seaside town of Bellevue. As a result, Bellevue becomes a place that you wish you could visit yourse ...more
Elaine
Nov 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I couldn’t quite place this one. At first I thought it was YA and the writing style feels suited to this genre but I can’t see it positioned as YA anywhere else.

I found this a slow starter, with lots of repetition. The first 100-120 pages or so is all about the writer convincing us how weird Harry’s scenario is. It was a little excessive and unnecessary. We keep getting reminded how weird the townspeople are, everyone keeps smiling, everyone keeps avoiding questions, everyone is evasive, every l
Jenny Marsden
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I found myself stuck on the sofa deeply committed to Harry's journey and ignoring everything I had to do this weekend. I went through a few early rotations of where Bellevue was, then I got a bit more involved and got even deeper into it before working my way out the other side barely hanging on to Harry. I loved this book would thoroughly recommend it and can't wait for another one from this talented author.
James Whitmore
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A suspenseful, twisty plot that had me thinking one thing, and then wrong-footed me in the closing chapters, and I found the ending very satisfying. This is a novel about creativity and story, but never goes quite where you expect it to. Full review on my blog. ...more
Robin
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing debut novel from up-and-coming author, Seth Robinson. The narrator grabs you from the start and keeps you engaged as he wrangles with discovering who and where he is. An excellent read for these times.
Dawn
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Welcome to Bellevue" by Seth Robinson is imaginative, vivid storytelling. It is well paced, energetic, and thoughtful, which makes for a very satisfying read. Put it at the top of your holiday reading list!
stephanie yates
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic book. Absolutely hooked from start to finish. It’s been a while since I’ve had such trouble putting a book down. Highly recommend ‘Welcome to Bellevue’ but clear your schedule, you won’t want to put it down!
Alejandra Gallegos Rivera
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to Bellevue captures you from page 1 and makes you want to keep reading it in one go. Looking forward to Seth Robinson’s future work!
Elisabeth Weber
Oct 23, 2020
Romany
Oct 29, 2020
Seth Robinson
Feb 22, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

• Poems
  • Unbirthday
  • Memento (The Illuminae Files, #0.5)
  • Most Likely (Most Likely #1)
  • Sunshine Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle #2)
  • Spring Skies Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle #1)
  • Instant Karma
  • Injection, Vol. 2
  • Injection, Vol. 1
  • The Last Picture Show
  • Jane: A Murder
  • Priestdaddy
  • Cleanness
  • The Runaway King (The Ascendance Series, #2)
  • Grief is the Thing with Feathers
  • Cherry Beach
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 4: Rising Action (The Wicked + The Divine #4)
Seth Robinson is the author of 'Welcome to Bellevue', published by Grattan Street Press in 2019.

Seth received a Master of Creative Writing, Publishing and Editing from the University of Melbourne in 2018, and a Bachelor of Arts from the Australian National University (ANU) in 2014.

Born in Seattle, Washington, his family emigrated to Australia when he was four years old. Seth draws on his experienc