Start by marking “Hating the Boss (Hating Him #1)” as Want to Read:
Hating the Boss (Hating Him #1)

Hating the Boss

(Hating Him #1)

I made a mistake the day I laid eyes on Ethan Riske.

What was supposed to be a summer romance became so much more.

I fell for the small town prince...and I have the scars to prove it.

Seven years later, the prince is back.

Only this time he wants much more than a summer romance.

He wants my publishing company. My obedience. And
Published October 28th 2019 by Wrye Writing (first published October 16th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Hating the Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hating the Boss

Start your review of Hating the Boss (Hating Him #1)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
2 STARS
Surviving Ethan Riske was a miracle I’d only had to do once. I wasn’t quite sure I could do it again.

Natalie E Wrye is a new to me author that hooked me with the intriguing blurb for this book. There's nothing better than a good second chance romance to me. I can tell that I'll definitely try other books by her in the future, however, this book fell a bit flat for me.

All the ingredients for a great read were there; great set up, intriguing characters, a nice and sexy slow burn. Unfortunately, the discSTARS
Book-Bosomed  blog
DNF
I couldn’t connect with these characters or the romance. Top reasons why:
1. H gets a blowjob by a stripper in the opening scene.
2. Pages and pages in multiple chapters of flashbacks in italic. A simple ‘Fill-in-the-blank Years Ago’ heading would suffice. Italic is something to be used sparely. i.e. It’s annoying to read for any length of time!
3. At 29%, Part 2, the H monologues that “I’d spent at least part of half the week with beach blonde bunnies in my bed, redheads in the Rolls,
ItaPixie
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars

I loved this story!

Natalie E. Wrye helped me survive to these latest few stressing days,she wrote a novel that doesn't even let you take a breath.The fast pace and the suspense will make you turning the pages frantically.

I did need a strong heroine and I've found Kat, I did need a man who was a "bastard" but at the right time he showed his true color and he became the Hero and I've found Riske.
When Ethan says that to conquer the business world is like courting a wo

Siobhan
Riske and Revenge is the first book in Natalie E. Wrye’s Revenge series, and I’m unsure how I feel about this one.

In truth, this is a two-point-five-star rating rounded up. I went in expecting a story that would grip me, but I wasn’t as sucked in as I was hoping I would be. There were a few moments where I found myself enjoying it, but mostly I felt as though I was wading through a lot of nothing to reach the good stuff.

I think a lot of my issues came from the fact I disl
C Dorsey
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riske and Revenge is an incredibly written story that touches on so many of my book-kinks that I had a hard time putting it down! Second chance, enemies-to-lovers, mystery and intrigue, some rom-com in there mixed with some super steamy scenes.. This book had it all. Natalie Wrye did a wonderul job bringing Ethan and Kat's story to life.
After Ethan breaks Kat's heart; they're thrust together once more 9 years later, when fate, work - and an arsonist take aim at their prospective businesses
Rebecca Austin
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-sassy
This was a great book with lots of twists and turns to have you wondering what is going to happen next and how everything that you have already put together is going to play out.

I really liked Katarina and knew she didn't have the easiest life growing up and she managed to make something for herself. But Katarina had her childhood best friend Lainey working with her and helping her through everything she was coming up against.

I loved how everything began to fall into plac
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
A fast paced read, good chemistry but there didn’t seem that much to the plot and what there was seemed obvious to me anyway, ok read but not the best

Tricia
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riske and Revenge is a tale of love lost and second chances, misunderstandings and betrayals. Through flash backs we get glimpses into the past, which weave seamlessly with the present as a mystery begins to unfold.

Ethan and Kat have great chemistry and the sexual innuendo was hot and steamy. Letters and messages are sent back and forth before either know who the other is and these had me chuckling to myself. Kat is very conflicted once she discovers Ethan's identity, especially when not everyt
Jacinda Owen
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nothing like a super hot businessman in an Armani suit that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. Ethan Riske is all that and a bag of chips! Love this story. Wrye does an excellent job at adding plenty of action and madness to her romance. Sending you on quite the adventurous journey with Kat and Ethan. The villain of the story, I never figured out who it was until the very end, love being surprised. Can't wait for the next installment!
Victoria
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great story about second chance at romance. It’s full of drama, suspense and slow burning romance. It will capture your attention with its twists and turns. The chemistry between the characters is sizzling and sexy. It’s an enjoyable read. I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book.
Crystal
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riske and Revenge is really good second chance love story. It was easy to follow and well written, it had some suspense, love and broken hearts. The characters are easy to like. It kept me reading till the end. Great read!
Laura Watson
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. I Love this author and this book!! I was on the edge of my seat and could not put it down!
Dec 16, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
***Copy Provided by the Author For Review After Publication Date***

DNF at 32%

I loved the premise of this book, and the blurb hooked me. Second chance romances are a favorite of mine.

Unfortunately, the book didn't hook me at all. I struggled near the beginning as it takes a long time for the characters to interact. And, when you need to both explain a past relationship and develop one in the present, each scene needs to matter, to tell the story, and to move it forward. ...more
Coco.V
May 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (5/29/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Love is the strongest emotion in the world…next to hate.

I knew hate. Had known it since I was seventeen. For me, it was love turned on its head, a product of hurt and fear—twisted, tied up…and placed on the sculpted shoulders of Ethan Riske.

***

Dayton, Tennessee.

Home to the best cow-tipping in the world, the biggest hot dogs, and the lousiest sex.
Or so I'd heard...
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Riske and Revenge is the first book in the Revenge series by one of my favorite suspense romance authors, Natalie E. Wrye! I have read all of her books and have beta read most of them. I just love how she makes me think, laugh, and tingle sometimes all at once. Before I start talking about the story I want to explain that if you read a Paradise Forbidden then you have met Kat and Ethan (known as Trevor). This is a complete re-write of their story. It’s not the same story. They might have the sam ...more
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
Whenever I read a Natalie E. Wrye book, I am always swept into her world that is brilliant, exciting and thrilling. Her books just completely leaves me so satisfied every time I read them. There is just something truly beautiful about them that I sometimes I cannot away. I am always transfixed on them. I am always captured by them. Riske and Revenge was another book that totally left me with a smile on my face. That book was amazing to read. It was charming. It was endearing. It was edgy. It was ...more
Samantha Ortegon
I'm in love with how Natalie E. Wrye introduces me to a new dominate alpha male. I have to say that I feel that a alpha, dominate, suited up, gorgeous  & dirty talking man is what Wrye specializes in. In Riske & Revenge we have a second chance at love romance with a little mystery and some action. The teasing sexual chemistry kept me interested throughout my read.

Ethan Riske has always been a risk taker, knows what he wants, how to get it and wants to be the best at what he d
Michelle Abascal Monroy
This story is soo good!!

ARC Generously Provided by the Author

Riske and Revenge is a standalone that could be a second chance romance but also enemy to lovers!! OMG we meet two amazing characters with great and strong personalities!! The hero and the heroine met in the past when they were young but for some situations the hero broke the heroine heart, so imagine what will happen when they find again after almost 10 years!!

I love Natalie books because they have al
Sassy Southern
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katarina Khvostova has overcome a lot to now own A Whole New World Literary Press. Yet all of her dreams could soon be ruined when her company is threatened with a takeover by Foxxhole Publishing. She is going to do the best to protect her company and prevent Brendon Foxx from taking it.

Ethan Riske was in love with Katarina Lexington 10 years ago and has been married to his work since then. But Ethan isn't the same man as he once was.

When a series of events play havoc wit
Jacquie
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Couldn't-Put-It-Down Stars

At the heart of this amazing book is a mystery....a mystery surrounded by a love story. The love story of two star-crossed lovers filled with secrets, lies and betrayal! A love story that sticks in your mind and heart, a love story that will gut you with all the feels and one that will put your heart and soul back together again with the beauty of a love that was MEANT to be!

I ADORED how Ms Wrye had these two characters, Ethan Riske and Kat Lexington, tel
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
When I'm looking for a romantic, suspenseful, love story I know Natalie E. Wrye will bring just what I need.

Riske and Revenge is a heart pounding, stay of edge of your seat, never knowing what twists and turns will come next read you won't want to put down.

Ethan and Kat have so much chemistry that is flies off the pages. Their relationship is complicated due to their past. Several years may have past since they last saw each other, but connection is still there.
EpicRomanceReviews
RISKE AND REVENGE by Natalie E. Wrye is an emotionally charged second chance romance with a little mystery and action thrown in!

Katarina and Ethan fell in love as teenagers, until hearts are broken and the two separated.

Flash forward 9 yrs and we find Katarina struggling to keep the business she loves afloat. Finding out that it's Ethan's company that is trying to buy out her business just fuels the chemistry between these two.

It's a painful, passionate road to redemption. But slowly they dis
Em Dorsey ~ Two Darlin Dolls and a Book Review ~
Read on behalf of Two Darlin Dolls and a Book Review Blog.

"He broke my heart in the most brutal of ways, and the naïve-hearted teenager I’d been had hardened into a half bitter adult."

We get a little bit of everything in this story. Lost love, broken hearts, lies, betrayal, second chances and suspense. The book is told in dual perspectives and includes flash backs which provides the history of the main characters.

"I remember what it was like to love him. And to hate him
Tracey
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riske & Revenge is a second chance romantic suspense novel that is true typical Natalie Wrye! She hooks you from the first page and if you're like me, you just hold on for the ride! Suspense, intrigue, drama, feelings, emotions, steam, fire -- you name it, it's in her storylines. I love how you can actually "feel" the connection between her characters -- there's so much chemistry and emotion between Ethan and Kat! The flashbacks from 9 years ago to the present time flow so well that you don' ...more
Tracey
Lala
Nov 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
This was almost a DNF for me. I literally skimmed the last 20% of this book. I just wanted it to be over.

It didn't matter. The end was so rushed it was practically non-existent. Like me, Wrye skimmed over the big stuff. There was no resolution to the problems (people) that were trying so desperately to bring down Ethan and Kat. There was no real explanation of why they were doing those things either. Just a quick one sentence reference on the last page that showed it was all wrapped up in a per
Emily Katherine
I. am. so. confused. about what i just read. No idea what happened in the book. Nothing was explained. The characters were one dimensional and annoying. The plot was confusing and stupid. I liked Riske or Brandon or whatever the frick his name was but Kat was obnoxious. The only thing I liked about her was that she was headstrong and hardworking. Griff was an asshole and I won’t be reading his book. Chris... no idea what the point of him was. Apparently they were all best friends but only becaus ...more
Christi Fowler
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Genre: Romance - Second-Chance, Enemies-to-Lovers, Suspense
Standalone: Yes
Part of a Series: Yes Book 1 of the Revenge Series
POV: Riske and Kat
Steam level: Warm
4/5

Riske and Revenge was an enthralling read that hooked me from the start. Part second-chance, part enemies-to-lovers with a hint of suspense that sneaks up on you. The elements of the mystery were well-done. I didn't guess the perpetrator which, to me, is a story well-written. The underlying emot
Kayla Busch
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book drew me in from the beginning and had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Ethan Riske and Kat Lexington have a past that is complicated and full of old emotions. Now, years later they are competitors in the publishing world. When they meet face to face after years of being apart, you can literally feel the sparks and chemistry flying off the pages but the past and old hurts are keeping them from moving forward. Add in a person out for revenge and both of them being victims ...more
Becky Baldridge
I'm usually all for a second chance romance. There's just something about a couple who are good together getting their chance to reconnect and find that spark again. On that front, this pair does get that, but I had trouble connecting to the story and the characters. The story is a bit choppy as it moves back and forth between past and present and there are some scenes that have little to nothing to do with the story. My biggest problem was with the maturity, or lack of maturity, of the main cha ...more

• Stay (Odd Jobs #1)
  • Shameless Kiss (White Rose Billionaires #3)
  • Sugar and Spice
  • Secret Acquisitions (Bad Boy Capital, #1)
  • Worth the Risk (Alpha One, #1)
  • Book'em Sadie (Iron Badges, #1)
  • Work in Progress (Cook County, #1)
  • Dirty Player (Back to You, #2)
  • Intrigued (The Dark Christmases Trilogy Book 1)
  • SEAL It with a Kiss (SEAL It With A Kiss #1)
  • Some Like It Charming (A Temporary Engagement #1)
  • Montana Mistletoe (The Wildes of Birch Bay, #4.5)
  • Captured (Gowns & Crowns #2)
  • Ruthless Protector (Lawless Kings, #4)
  • Hot Mess (Into The Fire, #4)
  • Tempting Levi (Cade Brothers, #1)
  • Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights (Marshall Ranch, #3)
  • Fixing Fate (Pleasant Valley, #1)
Natalie Wrye is a reader, writer and tequila lover best known for writing suspenseful big city romance and characters whose HEA's you'll love rooting for.

A notebook hoarder whose books have been featured on USA Today's HEA and PopSugar, when she's not watching Netflix re-runs or yelling at college basketball games on TV, she's usually crafting sexy suspenseful stories about hard-bodied

Hating Him (3 books)
  • Perfect Revenge (Revenge, #2)
  • Sweet Revenge