Start by marking “Drowning” as Want to Read:
Drowning

Drowning

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Dean knows being different isn’t always a good thing.

Trapped by the voices and visits from the dead, Dean is drowning. His father, allegedly drowned, and the friend who took his own life taunt like the school bullies he can’t seem to get away from.

A sliver of hope breaks through when his mother announces they are moving. A chance for a fresh start for all of them. So
Published October 29th 2019 by Liminal Books

To ask other readers questions about Drowning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drowning

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Drowning
Jessica Bronder
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Dean Knight has some serious issues, the fog and violence, obvious mental health issues, and the ghosts of his dead best friend and father haunt him. His mother has moved Dean and his twin sister Dee back to the cabin they lived in years ago where his father committed suicide. Dean’s father haunts his time around the river along with a monster that lives in the water that is determined to get him.

Dean is foggy from a round of electroconvulsive therapy and is having a hard time remembering
Kimberly
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Steven Cross offers up a chilling look into teenage mental illness in the YA drama Drowning. I am truthfully having a hard time coming up with words that can describe my feelings about the novel.

As many of you know, I live with mental illness. My own and the various illnesses of my children. It is a hard road to walk and one that I would not wish on another soul for as long as I live. The way Steven talks about mental illness and the bullying, confusion, self-loathing, and full out anger at the
Tricia Varosky
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found this to be a very impactful read. Most worlds I jump into don't touch on mental illness or mental health that often. While it might be touched on in passing, the books I pick up rarely focus on these issues.Drowning does not go this route. Instead, this book deals heavily with mental illness straight from the get go.

It deals with heavy topics such as bipolar disorder and suicide. It throws you into the minds of people who are not completely mentally healthy. This book throws a darker
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
Drowning is a brilliant book told from two perspectives. I would have given this a five out of five, but the transitions aren't clearly marked and occasionally happen mid conversation which is confusing. It's absolutely captivating, and you can feel yourself immersed right from the start. You can feel everything Dean does, and see what he sees. You'll get chills, but won't be able to put this down.
Allie Wilson
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good book to read if you want an insight into mental illness. The story is good to follow . I cant wait for the next one.
Gary  Rawson
Jan 15, 2020
Dawn
Jan 31, 2020

• The Die of Death: The Great Devil War II
  • Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)
  • Love & Chocolate
  • Buried in My Past
  • Subject A36 (The Colony, #1)
  • The Six-Week Solution
  • Heir of Lies (Black Dawn Series Book One)
  • The Celestial Assignment
  • When Stars Are Bright
  • What To Do About POTASS: A comedic novella of political errors
  • The Devil's Apprentice (The Great Devil War, #1)
  • The Occult Persuasion and the Anarchist's Solution
  • Something to Tell You
  • Making You Mine (The Bradens & Montgomerys: Pleasant Hill - Oak Falls, #5)
  • In September