Start by marking “Evil Elves (Cozy Corgi Mysteries Book 15)” as Want to Read:
Evil Elves (Cozy Corgi Mysteries Book 15)

Evil Elves (Cozy Corgi Mysteries Book 15)

Christmas ushers in snowstorms, fruitcake, and a horde of Santa’s naughty elves…

No place is more perfect for the winter holidays than the charming mountain town of Estes Park. As the Cozy Corgi Bookshop and Bakery glistens with lights and garlands, Winifred Page allows the seasonal merriment to brush away all worry and fear. Watson, her grumpy corgi, is about as far from
Kindle Edition
Published December 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Evil Elves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evil Elves

Start your review of Evil Elves (Cozy Corgi Mysteries Book 15)
Kathy Gold
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Victoria Smiser
EVIL ELVES
With little reading time as the year draws to a close, I was happy to see a new book from Mildred Abbott. Knowing her characters’ noses for mystery AND delicious treats washed down with a cup of dirty chai and of course an all-natural dog bone treat for Watson, I immediately knew this would be nothing like the saccharine, candy cane, improbably sweet Holiday books which seem to flood my in-box from Halloween on. Luckily, I was right.
Fred begins the season with a Holiday Kick-Off party
Release date: Dec 16th 2019
Page Count:
Genre: cozy mysteries
Rated: all

I am terribly sorry Ms Abbott life got in the way……I read this book immediately upon receipt….. BUT to explain…. with Christmas shopping, wrapping, baking, cooking and celebrating; then New Years and all, today is my first chance to celebrate your 15th novel in my
Krystyna
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This might be my favourite - the Elf on the Shelf

Okay the series has been good but the last few books might just have lost a bit of Sparkle. However it's back! Bigger and better than before. Our FMC is still torn over the envelope she received about Leo. Christmas is coming and she's missing Leo who had to go home for an early Christmas with his family. However a new mystery rears it's head. Someone has been breaking into stores and leaving an elf figurine with either a slice of fruitcake or a
Karen
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another day in Estes Park, another mystery for Fred to resolve… and of course, there is still that mysterious envelope from Branson, hidden away but not forgotten. Evil Elves starts out quite cheery, very much in keeping with the holiday season, but then the atmosphere gradually becomes more threatening and what started out as an almost playful elfish mystery turns dark and dangerous. I was very surprised at the reveal of the culprit(s), didn’t see that coming at all. I’m rooting for Fred and ...more
Terri
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite installments in the Cozy Corgi Mysteries. Fred and Watson, along with the usual Estes Park quirky characters, are trying to figure out who is dressing as Santa and leaving elf figurines in different businesses and homes. (I feel more concerned with the breaking and entering than the townspeople!) This is a nice change for Fred, who is more accustomed to trying to solve murders around town. Of course, nothing can ever be that easy, and Fred and Detective Susan Green ...more
Donna
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining!

This was a very entertaining and engrossing book. The main characters were interesting and likable. Christmas hijinx gets out of control and someone ends up dead. The main character figures out who did it. I loved that the Corgi was front and center. Most authors just mention the dog when there is some action with it, but not in this series which is great. The looks and the attitude of the Corgi described by the author really brought him to life. If you like dogs and/or cozy
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fred and Winston are enjoying the Christmas holiday season in Estes Park, Colorado. There is a mystery though. Residences and businesses are being broken in by an unknown Santa Claus, Santa is leaving stuffed elfs and either coal, or fruitcakes to the various targets.

Everyone is charmed, until, one vendor is not only vandalized but harmed in the break in. Fred is further alarmed when Katie is attacked and her business destroyed.

This is a great book. A clever and unusual mystery and also a
Robin Powers
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Cozy Corgi series never ceases to entertain me! At the beginning of the story I felt like this one just might be a lighter, whimsical mystery but just when I’m settled into figuring out who is spreading Christmas spirit all over Estes Park, things take a darker twist. Still I loved all of my favorite characters and their unique personalities popping up throughout the story and the reminder of the strong foundation between Katie, Leo and Fred. This has to be one of my favorite series with the ...more
Sherry Vaughan
Ingenious

What starts as a harmless prank with a store being broken into and elves and fruitcake or coal being left turns into vandalism, assault, and murder. Now, Fred calls upon her intellect to discover who the culprit is. And, when she finally reaches the truth, it leaves her heartbroken.
You can tell Mildred has a way with mysteries. Her heroine is quirky and brave and her dog is everything a Corgi should be. The plots are ingenious and convoluted. Her murderers only human. This is one of my
Margaret Adams
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fred and Watson

Main characters Fred and Watson are at it again to solve another mystery! At first it doesn't seem too difficult or serious...then things start to turn deadly. If you read the last book, Precarious Pasta, you will have a partial answer to the question "Will Fred open that envelope?" No spoilers here, just read it!
Janice
This book.has such heart

Mildred Abbott has given us another wonderful read. Follow all the main characters as they solve a Christmas mystery as the month of December rolls along. As always, Watson, Katie, and Leo lend support and food to Fred as they solve the puzzle. And the recipe really is excellent! I will miss The Rolling Pin bakery when I visit Denver again.
Terri Nelson
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Evil elves

What wonderful plot twists and turns Along with well developed characters gives this Christmas mystery my undivided attention. This was a real page turner, keeping me reading and guessing up to the end. Also enjoy the budding relationship that Fred is in. Look forward to many more mysteries with Fred and the Scooby gang.
Janet
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elves, elves everywhere elves or are they gnomes.

Why would anyone be ugly to Katie? Some people don’t take advantage of a second chance just continue to mess up. Susan is actually improving her attitude and I like the change. The similarities in Corgis is so cool. My corgi is so much like Watson, from begging for treats, grumpiness and picking his favorites. Just love him! Jo
Lori Elms
I liked it.

This one is good. Just what I needed to help put me in the Christmas mood. I have to say that I was surprised that it took Fred so long to find a body in this one. I love all of Watson's Shameless Shedding. He's too cute. All of the characters are always so likeable.
Carolyn
A Grand Addition to the Series

Fred and Watson ate back on a case of the Christmas Elves theft and subsequent gifts of a lump of coal or fruit cake. Then an assault takes place, followed by destruction of the bake shop and finally a murder. A wonderful Christmas is taking its time arriving. Recommend Series.
Nina Derr
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I swear this series gets better and better with each book. I probably could have finished this book in a few days if it hadn't been for a bad cold. I still enjoyed it so much. I love the story line and it's interesting that as I read the series, some characters that I used to like I don't like as much and other characters are growing on me. I can't wait to read the next one.
Kathy
A great cozy

I love Fred, Leo,Katie and if course Watson. I can't believe I met them 15 books ago and I can't wait to see what happens next. If you love a great cozy with characters you will love and a story that keeps you turning the page then this series by Mildred Abbott is a must read.
emily
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Simple stories with a twist. Easy to read. And enjoyable to follow the lives of the chafacters. Good job Mildred!

Diane E. Cox
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahh Christmas

Honestly I can't figure out where you find such interesting topics to build your mysteries around. I have loved reading every one of your Cozy Corgi books. I will be ordering the next book in the series for sure!
M. White
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think I need a corgi

The cozy corgi mysteries are clever and fun, and this latest is no exception. The characters are continually growing and evolving, the plot is well crafted, and the corgi just gets more loveable. I highly recommend this series.
Sharon Petty
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great read!!!

Anyone who loves cozy mysteries will not be disappointed in this author! This book, like all that come before will keep you wanting more. If you haven't read her other books in this series, you must! Thank you Mildred Abbott!
Laura Jager
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The perfect Christmas read.

I couldn't wait to read this book when it was released. I was not disappointed. Great mystery and I love how the regular characters and their relationships are evolving. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.
Linda Rainey
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Beautiful Corgi Fix

I always am excited to read about Fred and Watson's adventures.
I loved the storyline and the characters.
This book is recommended for those who love cozy mysteries.

Viktoria Cox
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Norma Henson
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A merry good read

As always I love spending time with Fred, Watson and all the inhabitants of Estes Park. So happy that Katie is falling for Joe. But, I’m over the envelope thing. Read it, or burn it soon I beg you.
Mary Kirby
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I love all of the Cozy Corgi books. This one however is a notch above the rest. My favorite so far. I may ever try Katie’s fruitcake recipe. Thanks Ms. Abbott for all the enjoyment of the Estes gang.
Melinda Mercer
Phenomenal as always

I usually have around 1000 books in my TBR lost in my Kindle, and usually read them in the order that I buy them. With the exception of this Corgi series. I read them as soon as they come in. Pre order is a wonderful thing.
Alice Pehlke
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another totally enjoyable read

Ms Abbott has once again given us some delightful time with Fred and Watson. I always look forward to the visits to Estes Park. I’m anxiously awaiting the next one!
Karen
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable

I have read all the Cozy Corgi books and have enjoyed them all very much. This was a fun Christmas mystery.

• The Christmas Clause: A Cozy Mystery (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery Book 8)
  • Brownies and Bloodshed (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery, #19)
  • Note in the Nutcracker
  • Celtic Christmas (Zoe Donovan Cozy Mystery, #33)
  • The Haunted Wedding (A Lin Coffin Mystery #12)
  • The Mystery Before Christmas (Cat in the Attic, #2)
  • HOSTAGE TO FORTUNE (CLAIRE ROLLINS #8)
  • Pilgrim in the Parlor (The Inn at Holiday Bay #6)
  • Cheesecake and Confusion (Peridale Cafe Mystery #18)
  • The Catnap Before Christmas (Whales and Tales, #19)
  • Christmas by the Sea (Haunting by the Sea Book 6)
  • The Mousse Wonderful Time of Year
  • Crumbling Up Crooks (Little Dog Diner #5)
  • Blizzard in the Bay (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #8)
  • A Merry Murder on Ruff Road (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery Book 6)
  • Thanksgiving in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery, #10)
  • The Halloween Haunting: A Cozy Mystery (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery Book 7)
  • Lykoi Larceny (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe #3)
Reading the Cozy Corgi series is pretty much all you need to know about Mildred. In real life, she’s obsessed with everything she writes about: Corgis, Books, Cozy Mountain Towns, and Baked Goods. She’s not obsessed with murder, however. At least not at her own hands (nor paid for… no contract killing here). But since childhood, starting with Nancy Drew, trying to figure out who-dun-it has played ...more