Start by marking “Please See Us” as Want to Read:

Please See Us

In this sophisticated, suspenseful debut reminiscent of Laura Lippman and Chloe Benjamin, two young women become unlikely friends during one fateful summer in Atlantic City as mysterious disappearances hit dangerously close to home.

Summer has come to Atlantic City but the boardwalk is empty of tourists, the casino lights have dimmed, and two Jane Does are laid out in t
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Please See Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Please See Us

Start your review of Please See Us
Chelsea Humphrey
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Gallery Books
Shelves: from-publisher
Read Now for the first 100 NetGalley Members to download!

"The world was always conspiring to make young women vulnerable while labeling it as "fun." Made it seem like we were in control, like we were making all the choices, and then it was our fault when things went wrong. Us and our short skirts, our makeup, our taste for rum, for liking the things we were told to like, wanting what we were told to want."

WHAT 👏🏻 A 👏🏻 DEBUT 👏🏻 NOVEL!

Friends, I have been so skeptical, and possibly jaded, toward psycholog/>WHAT/>"The
Donna Hines
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
A young woman trying to make ends meet as a Tarot Card Psychic is our main character and is lively and vibrant. In fact s
Tarrah Marie (Wayward Readers)
Please See Us is a unique, enigmatic narrative by debut author Caitlin Mullen. The plot moves at a nice steady pace with surmountable tension and is well supported by Mullen’s creative cast of characters. The writing is smooth and effortless as the narrative shifts from one point of view to another. The reader is quickly engaged and abruptly seized by the story line. A fantastic read by an up and coming author. 5 stars.

Thank you to #NetGalley and #GalleryBooks for this ARC. #Pl
Lilly Schmaltz
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to NetGalley and Amazon Publishing UK for sending me a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

Please See Us is a thriller set in Atlantic City that follows two women and unlikely allies as they attempt to reveal mysterious events happening around the town. The women each have secrets of their own, and they must face their personal demons while working together to save missing girls.

This was a good thriller that gave a lot of background to the characters. I really appreciated the
Ashley
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
The publisher provided me with the opportunity to read this in exchange for providing feedback. (via NetGalley)

I enjoyed reading this. It was a fast paced read that made it hard for me to put down.
Bonnye Reed
Nov 01, 2019 is currently reading it
Netgalley
pub date March 3, 2020
rec Nov 6, 2019
Pocket Books - Gallery
Danielle
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Net Galley and the publisher for a copy of this book to review !
Caitlin Mullen

Historical Fiction

Women's bodies are found murdered and dumped in marshland behind a seedy motel on the outskirts of Atlantic City. A young and genuine clairvoyant has unintentionally tapped into the psyche of a couple of the dead girls but she doesn't understand the messages she is receiving. She feels the tickle of fly legs and wings on her body when there is
Nick
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book because I’m also from the Atlantic City area and I get excited to see or read anything placed in this area. And the story seems loosely based on the actual murders that took place here in 2006 .

Normally, when someone mentions Atlantic City it’s never accurate description. But this book, the author truly captures Atlantic City during the time frame after hurricane sandy.
When the author mentions a certain place I would get excited like the “ HEY I KNOW THAT PLACE!” I truly appre
Mel Ann
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the life that she was dealt there is still so much more pain to come for Ava. All these women, ladies, teenagers crossing paths was part of a grim future. From start to finish the things that happened made me want to scrub myself clean. I kept holding on to hope for all of them to come out of this better and stronger.

I was torn when Georgia's mother came onto the scene. After all she did to clean up and try and get back her life. I felt like for Emily, the only one that may mourn her is L
Kathy Quinn
Thanks to Net Galley and the publisher for a copy of this book to review !
Caitlin Mullen

A great new thriller involving several missing women near the northeastern new jersey region. Summer has come and gone. The tourists are barely seen. The boardwalks are nearly empty in Atlantic City. Yet one thing is active the crime rate and murder.
Two women have just been found in the marshland behind the Sunset Motel and only one person knows they're there. The wo
Maudaevee
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really well done, I enjoyed every minute of it, the descriptions and characters brought me right in. I have never been to Alantic city but I could picture it vividly from the descriptions and that's always a sign of a good book, one that takes me somewhere new. The pacing, dialogue was great too, which many crime/thrillers lack but I thought this one had it just right,
Allie
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I’ve read this year.
Carolyn Baird
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark, gripping suspense. This is a story within a story within a story. The plot is absorbing and the characters well developed. Read it yourself and figure out who wants to be seen.
Kirsten

Karin
Oct 16, 2019
Brooke
E M McNamee
rated it did not like it
Nov 03, 2019
Oct 02, 2019
Allison
Sep 25, 2019

• The Honey-Don't List
  • Shatter the Night (Detective Gemma Monroe #4)
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • The Companions
  • Drowning With Others
  • The Tenant
  • Problem Child (Jane Doe, #2)
  • In Five Years