Start by marking “Held (The Twin Bay Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Held (The Twin Bay Saga, #1)

Held

(The Twin Bay Saga #1)

Nick doesn't want to be a hitman. The mobsters holding his younger sister hostage have other plans. With the threat of her death looming, Nick's only option is to follow orders. Repeatedly.

Getting mugged isn't on Scarlet's agenda when her janky car breaks down, and she opts to walk home rather than pony up for a cab. But being rescued by a dreamy, brooding, knight-in-shini
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 352 pages
Published October 14th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services (first published September 14th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Held, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Held

Start your review of Held (The Twin Bay Saga, #1)
Jennifer Hinson
"The best thing would be for Scarlet Price and her strong, fearless spirit to forget all about him."

It's the cover that did it for me. Something about the darkness paired with that handsome face and the bold font....I didn't need to know who wrote it or the details in the blurb to know I needed to read this book. I'm new to T.K. Barber, so I had no expectations going in. But after reading that blurb? I just had a feeling it was going to either be a 5 star read or a dud.... there was no in be
Amelia Foster
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HELD is the first in the Twin Bay Saga series that focuses on a mob run town that is occupied by not one, but two rival families. And when I say rival I mean this is a long, deep, and twisted battle between the two that takes NO prisoners. No one is safe from the corruption and devious minds of those in charge.

Unfortunately for Scarlet, she finds this out first hand when she gets mugged one night. Fortunately this turn of events brings a sexy hero to her rescue. The mysterious stranger saves her
lf
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What would you do to keep a loved one safe?

Held is the first book I have read by T.K. Barber. I was not sure what to expect but the book description looked very interesting plus I always like to discover a new author that I like. So I picked up this book in hopes that I would be right on both things..............and I was!!!

This is a dark and really suspenseful romance story between Nick and Scarlet. Nick is just your normal guy with a heart of gold. He has been raising his little sister and wor
Jenb
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where to begin? This mob suspense STORY will stick with you for days, weeks, and months all the while having you checking the calendar for the release day of book 2. YES! This is a series. And when I saw who the main character was on the cover of book 2, I ugly cried some more. Seriously. All the waterproof mascara, people. Back to this book. So. This book will leave you raw. In the best way. Your feelings are taken on an amazing journey through a story crafted by a master. Really. I felt like I ...more
Kenneth Barber
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t normally read romance. Having said that, Held is so much more than just a romance novel. There are elements of mystery, suspense, thriller and crime all wrapped up in the love story of Nick and Scarlet. These characters have depth and believability. The plot is quick paced and keeps you wondering what’s around the next corner, a love interest or a gun!
Twin Bay is a seedy, dirty town where law abiding citizens find themselves on the endangered list. I was caught up in the intrigues betwe
CS
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! First time reading from this author and what a dark treat it was!
If dark Mobster romances are your thing, this is a must read for you.
I loved the multiple POVs and the simultaneous storylines that intersected with one another.
Scarlet and Nick, Tommy and Annalise, and even a few other relationships that are cleverly hinted at.
Extremely violent and gritty environment where true passion and love developed during desperate times.
Well written tale woven to create a deeper storyline that was
Ashleigh
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure that I even know where to begin writing a review for this because it is truly an awesome experience.

The author did such a great job developing the characters, that I feel like I really know them, and not just the major two characters, but the minor ones too.

I loved everything about it - the characters, the plot, the emotion, the writing, and the ability that the author had to tell me a story that had me wanting this book to go on and on.

I received a free copy of this book. This
Kristin MacQueen
Tk Barber does an amazing job of pulling you into the lives of Nick, Scarlet, Annalise and Thomas. I fell in love with the four of them from the very beginning, but especially Thomas. You feel their pain and heartache as you read Held. Nick and Scarlet are perfect for each other but Thomas and Annalise stole my heart, they are absolutely adorable together. I couldn’t put this book down, I had to know what was going to happen next. TK did a great job at keeping me guessing throughout the book. I ...more
Felicia Grossman
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fabulous dark, twisty, heart-pounding romance between a forced mob hitman and a woman he rescued. There are secrets, danger, and HOT chemistry. Scarlett and Nick are both extremely likable. You root for them and watching them each kick butt in their own ways and really grow into their roles into this terrifying city Barber built is AMAZING. This is a fast, page-turner that will keep you up at night reading because you have to know what happens. So fun!
Sunny Abernathy
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Held is the start of the Twin Bay Dark Mafia series. And wow what a ride. You will meet some sick and twisted characters and you will meet some characters who really want a different lot in life. Just enough tension and steam to temper a romance readers expectations without crossing over into gregarious sex.
Theresa Doherty
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow a guessing game the whole time, wrong place wrong time, or a hitman with someone else pulling the strings. How Nick, Scarlett, Steven, and Annalise play a part in this story will have you begging for more.

Tania
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book it was great, the story was well written and the characters are interesting. This book was a bit different but still good, I enjoyed the action the twist and the chemistry between Nick and Scarlet.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

Taralynn Moore
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her words will leave you spinning, her characters with your heart aching yet somehow full of hope. Nic is a beautifully broken male lead with a complex layer of motivations and triggers, quite literally. Take a deep breath, have the comfort vices ready, and jump into this breathless ride of a T.K. Barber read.
Karen
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A captivating, dark suspenseful romance story. Intriguing well-developed characters. The well-written book kept my attention throughout, enjoyed reading. I have voluntarily chosen to read and review this book.
Nate
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Scarlet & Nick's story. Good characters. Wonderful mafia suspense. This was a new author for me & hope to read many more. I received a free copy of the book. And am voluntarily leaving an honest review. ...more
Danielle Pays
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this mafia romantic suspense. The characters are well written and I found myself pulling a bad guy that is really a good guy. I'll definitely be reading more of TK Barber's books. ...more
Tayra Sanders
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book and cannot wait for more from this book. They have a good page turning relationship. This is my voluntarily review from booksprout.
Natalie  Freese
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would call this a DARK romance. A steamy Romance. Down right sexy. The tension that arises from Scarlet and Nick's initial run in...he saves her life....escalates into the many characters lives intersecting in dark places. There are triggers of sexual assaults , Stockholm syndrome, murder, blackmail, manipulation. All sounds not very romantic at all but it is steamy, hot and primal. Nick doesn't have time to keep saving Scarlet from her sadistic co-worker, he needs to save his sister. He can o ...more
Jeeves Reads Romance
While I definitely enjoyed parts of this story, the writing itself didn’t have an overly polished feel. I’m not sure exactly how to describe it, but the style made it difficult to truly immerse myself into the story and get lost in the book. That being said, it’s a unique premise with a hero who would be an absolutely great guy... if not for the terrible things he’s been forced to do. I can honestly say that I’ve never read a book quite like this one, and it was quite the ride.

The story follows
Erin Knuth
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This sexy, gritty look at the gray areas people possess totally blew me away. The contemporary story is concise and visual, which makes it a gripping read. A hitman with a heart of gold paired with a woman looking for love made for some serious chemistry. Other well-developed characters and the backdrop of a city thick with organized crime set the series up nicely.

Romantic suspense and mob stories are not typically what I'd choose to read, but I am SO happy I took a chance on HELD.
Rosetta Yorke
Mar 20, 2021
Etta Silby
Jun 18, 2020
T.K. Barber
Aug 05, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jodie Prange
Anu Vaarama
Jul 03, 2020

• Once Upon a Fairy Tale Night: A Collection of Retellings
  • A Taste of Sage
  • Mafia Bride (The DiLustro Arrangement, #1)
  • The Devil's Vow
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • The Devil's Vengeance
  • Being Cordial (Desert Rose Hook-Ups, #2)
  • Condemned to Love
  • The Revolutionary and the Rogue
  • The Smoke Tree
  • Meant to be More
  • Pinky Promises
  • A Granted Wish
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Ruthless Creatures (Queens & Monsters, #1)
  • The Last Housekeeper (Securitech Inc. #1)
  • Ransoming the Rubies (Heart Heist #2)
  • Witchy Wonders

The Twin Bay Saga (2 books)
  • Hidden (The Twin Bay Saga, #2)

News & Interviews