Start by marking “The Reilly Thanksgiving Invitational Story” as Want to Read:
The Reilly Thanksgiving Invitational Story

The Reilly Thanksgiving Invitational Story

In 1960, on the front lawn of an elementary school in North East Dallas, a tradition was born. A group of seventh-grade boys captured the free time before Thanksgiving dinner to engage in a game of touch football. It was a good day to play. So good, in fact, that the game would resume each year at the same time in the same place.
Through the ebb and flow of lives, loves,
Published October 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Reilly Thanksgiving Invitational Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reilly Thanksgiving Invitational Story

Start your review of The Reilly Thanksgiving Invitational Story
Lori
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Holiday makes me think of the happy personal occasions I've had like eating ribbon candy with Grandma and playing touch football with family and friends.

A group of eight of us from the neighborhood, mostly boys, and a few of us girls, would get together and play touch football in an empty lot a few blocks southeast of our home.

You could say it's where I first began to fall for my husband as he lived across the street from the empty lot and was one of us players, my brother was a player
Brent Parrott
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Please visit our website to better understand the wonderful reading experience of this Americana story. THANKS
Gordon Long
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I am doing something I rarely do: I am reviewing a work I did not read all the way through. However, I think the book deserves comment, so here goes.

If anyone should be attracted to this book it’s an ageing middle-class white male weekend warrior finding it difficult to keep up any more in his chosen sports, looking back fondly on former glory. In other words, me. When I decided to review it, I hoped that this tale would rise out of the ranks of the many “save our story for posterity” tomes made
Dennis Morris
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining story about a touch football game played on Thanksgiving morning in North East Dallas at Reilly Elementary School. No big deal, except - the game was played each year for 50 years. After a few years, it became more of an event and was called the Turkey Bowl by locals.

The authors, Brent Parrott and Bryan Renfro, serve as color commentators as they look back at how the game began and then evolved. Beginnng with the 6th Turkey Bowl, you had to have an invitation to play in the
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Reilly Thanksgiving Invitational Story is much more than childhood friends reminiscing about playing football on Thanksgiving morning. Life happened. People moved. One thing remained the same. This game. It went on for 50 years!

I enjoyed reading about each member and what they have accomplished throughout their life. This was before my time but I am familiar with things and events that were mentioned. It all seemed like a simpler time.

When reading about the games, it was more about who
Jain Lemos
Nov 04, 2019
Brent Parrott
Oct 29, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Alix

• The God Game
  • cocktail confessions
  • The Reluctant Courtship of Jack Allan
  • Losing Normal
  • Releasing The Dragon (The Flames of Kalleen #2)
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • Unspeakable Things
  • The Perfect Mother
  • Embracing the Dragon (The Flames of Kalleen, #1)
  • Avenging Angel: Love and Death in Old Brooklyn
  • One More Moon
  • Exodus: The Warrior Within (The Darkening, #2)
  • Give the Bard a Tetanus Shot
  • Dead Man Dreaming
  • The Line Between (The Line Between #1)
  • Kidnapped on Safari (Mbuno & Pero, #3)
  • A Single Light (The Line Between #2)