Start by marking “The Life and Medieval Times of Kit Sweetly” as Want to Read:
The Life and Medieval Times of Kit Sweetly

The Life and Medieval Times of Kit Sweetly

Moxie meets A Knight’s Tale as Kit Sweetly slays sexism, bad bosses, and bad luck to become a knight at a medieval-themed restaurant.

Working as a wench—i.e. waitress—at a cheesy medieval-themed restaurant in the Chicago suburbs, Kit Sweetly dreams of being a knight like her brother. She has the moves, is capable on a horse, and desperately needs the raise that comes with

Expected publication: May 5th 2020 by Page Street Kids

To ask other readers questions about The Life and Medieval Times of Kit Sweetly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life and Medieval Times of Kit Sweetly

Start your review of The Life and Medieval Times of Kit Sweetly
emma
trying not to think too much about the fact that my very first read of the year was just a liiiittle bit disappointing.

review to come / 2.5 or 3 stars

lists
banter
friendship
nerding out over history
the cutest cover i've ever seen in my life

i am ready to read.

thanks to the publisher for the ARC
Rec-It Rachel
hi i love this SO much
Cindy
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got to read an early version of this and LOVED it. Sassy, hilarious, with both a swoony romance and fist-pumping empowerment. SO, so good!
Joan He
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
can 2020 come any sooner?
Mike Lasagna
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I loved it.
Caitlin
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Page Street Kids was kind enough to send me an ARC of this book, and I'm so glad they did! It is funny and fun and delightful and heartfelt and intersectional. It is somehow a cheery teen romcom romp and also a book about struggles with poverty and also about the romanticization of the Middle Ages and how that affects society. It is GREAT. Kit is a champion.
Leigh Mar
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to read an early version of this and I couldn't put it down! Kit is full of so much heart and humor, this is such a great read!
Stephanie
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was such a fun and sweet (pun intended) read! A contemporary story about a girl obsessed with all things medieval, this book delivers on the snark, the laughs, and the historical facts. Pacton brings to life a diverse cast of teens in a genuine and emotional story, and invites the reader to cheer them on as they fight the patriarchy. Long live the Girl Knight!
♠ TABI ♠
hi hello did someone mention A Knight's Tale???

description
Ashley Martin
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three cheers for the Girl Knight! You’ll be cheering too, for Kit and all her friends, as they fight for their right to joust! The characters are not only endearing, but broadly diverse and reflective of real life. In addition, Kit feels incredibly authentic in her struggles and dreams, high moments and lows. But more than a fun read, I walked away feeling unexpectedly challenged, made more aware of my own privilege, and feeling more understanding of the struggle to get by on double shifts and a ...more
Sana
Nov 17, 2019 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts  ·  review of another edition
THIS SOUND SO CUTE AND EMPOWERING
Megan
Nov 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I have never identified with a book blurb so much in my entire life
Kalie
This was ridiculously charming and a lot of fun to read. Plus, it's refreshing to read about a protagonist from a working class family that struggles with money in YA. It shouldn't be that rare to read, but it is. Full of warmth and delight, I recommend THE LIFE AND (MEDIEVAL) TIMES OF KIT SWEETLY to anyone seeking a read that leaves them just feeling good by the time they finish.

My one criticism, however, is a small one and doesn't detract from my overall enjoyment, but man, (view spoiler)
kit!
Oct 29, 2019 marked it as unreleased  ·  review of another edition
bro that's MY name
Sacha
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this arc, which I received in exchange for an honest review. I will post that review upon publication.
Zoey Waddell
*I received a copy of this book through NetGalley for an honest review

This book was so wonderfully different. The plot wasn't new or exciting, but I enjoyed the premise so much. The historical aspects of the medieval life that Kit included in her daily life were interesting, but I felt myself dragging through it. Her relationship with her brother Chris was one of my favorite parts. Supportive siblings is always something I can get behind in a book. I also enjoyed Kit's relationships with her
Jenny Ferguson
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual stars: 4.5

This is a really strong debut novel with some of my favourite tropes: kickass-nerdy-girls smashing the patriarchy, friends to more-than-friends, and teen work-place stories.

The world here is vibrant and diverse in all the ways, reflecting a slice of actual real life.

Kit is a strong lead character who knows what she wants and goes and gets it. I love Kit's family drama and her friends.

The class details and Kit's attempts to hide her family's poverty from her friends was
Kate Welsh
Lots of fun but plenty serious too, and so satisfyingly feminist.
Kirsten
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, a decent story that kept me reading. I think the author did try to have too many things going on, but that is also a bit personal preference - I'm not much for romance and based on the summary, didn't expect it, so I would have preferred more time be spent on the non-binary jousting/Medieval-themed-restaurant/creating social movements/trouble at home/bad decisions/personal growth parts of the story than the romance.
Taryn
Jan 01, 2020
Rosie
Jun 30, 2019
Jamie Pacton
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Alyssa
Kristen
Dec 21, 2019
Jasmine BVelez
Jan 18, 2020

• The Deck of Omens (The Devouring Gray, #2)
  • The Starless Sea
  • Wilder Girls
  • Tarnished Are the Stars
  • Love Lettering
  • This Is How You Lose the Time War
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Mooncakes
  • Incendiary (Hollow Crown, #1)
  • The Last True Poets of the Sea
  • Kingsbane (Empirium, #2)
  • Bloom
  • Midsummer's Mayhem
  • Set the Stars Alight
  • The Disasters
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Forest of Souls (Shamanborn, #1)
  • The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza