Start by marking “Skin and Bone” as Want to Read:
Skin and Bone

Skin and Bone

HER
I tried my best for years, but all he ever wanted was for her to come back. So bit-by-bit, I evolved, transforming into someone he could love. But he didn’t take the bait until I went all the way.

I became her.

Now everything is perfect. We’re happy. So in love. And he doesn’t suspect a thing.

SAWYER
Someone claiming my name sent me a video. It looks to be me, returning to
Published November 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Skin and Bone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skin and Bone

Start your review of Skin and Bone
Dita
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Who says I'm not romantic??

I adored this love story of stalking, obsession and blind jealousy.

This is the tender tale of a girl who has eight plastic surgeries in order to resemble and take over the life of a woman that the love of her life, Ezra, has never gotten over.

Gah...it was so much fun!

Thank you to the fabulous Bren for pointing me toward this awesomeness!
Bren
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of domestic suspense.
"They say nothing worth having comes easy.

Everything comes with a price.

I've paid my dues. I've been more patient than anyone could ever comprehend.

And now it's finally my time".

Skin and Bone by Keary Taylor

This book was so good.

Yes! A thriller..domestic Noir, psychological thriller, call it whatever you like..where there is NO animal brutality, no fake seeming twists, and an ending that not only makes sense but that is done so well.

This was so much better then I ever anticipated. I really seem
Bibi
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Bonafide page-turner, but entirely too short a read.
Courtney
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Skin and Bone is Keary's second book in the psychological thriller genre. Her first book in this genre, Three Heart Echo still stands as one my favorite books. While that book has some paranormal aspects in it, I still found the psychological parts extremely intriguing and expected Skin and Bone to hold that same, if not more of, profound feeling. Sadly, it did not. And it kills me to rate a book by Keary less than 3 stars.

The premise for Skin and Bone is quite interesting. A woman so obsessed w
Sheena
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wasn't sure what to make of this before I actually started to get into it. I got into it right away, and forget sleep, I was drawn into the world of Sawyer and Davis, and Ezra and the imposter. I couldn't put it down because I had to know what happened in the end. After Three Heart Echo and its bittersweet ending, I knew anything was possible and a Happily Ever After isn't a given with a Keary Taylor book.

Loved the whole thing. Sawyer is a great protagonist (although you could argue that the imp
Kimberly
HOLY WOW!!!
I’ve recently realized since Keary released Three Heart Echo, I enjoy thrillers every now and then. I wasn’t sure what to expect with this. But knew I’d probably be taken on a ride!

I became entangled in the life of the one who thinks she’s Sawyer, Ezra, Davis, and.... the real Sawyer James. My heart was beating so hard through the majority of this. I’m pretty sure I yelled out loud. The small signs were there! However, as someone who’s dealt with a stalker, you don’t always see the s
Mandie
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh emm geee! I went in to this book blind, so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. But it was phenomenal!! I can’t even put it into the proper words!! Just read it!!
JanaLee Longhurst
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The scariest thing about this story? It could happen.

Keary Taylor takes us on a fast-paced ride on the downward spiral from high school crush to psychotic obsession. What lengths will a psychopath take in order to make things go their way? Identity theft? Plastic surgery? Abduction?

This is a study from both the perspective of the victim and the perspective of the abductor. Calculated. Detailed. Knowing both sides and knowing the facts doesn’t make this book any less enthralling. Just how easily
Ryčka
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here are my thoughts about this book:
1. It is very fast paced. There were definitely no dull moments all throughout. It made me want to read from start to finish in one sitting.
2. The writing style is very simple and direct. It made me it easier for me to visualize the events in the story like I'm experiencing everything myself.
3. It explains everything very clearly. I didn't have to connect the dots all throughout the story.
4. I had mixed emotions about the characters in the story. I probably
Neelam Babul
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have recently read quite a few thrillers and none grabbed my attention or made my heart beat faster. I have been searching to feel that thrill in my bones, the restlessness that would make me turn the next page and the chills down my spine.

This book did just that for me and I loved reading it!!!!

Our villain is a woman who is in love with another woman's high school boyfriend. She is obsessed with him and will stop at nothing to get what she desires.

Her solution is to get the man she loves by
Brandy Renee
I went into this book not really knowing what to expect but was hijacked in the first chapter. I was so drawn in to the story that like the main female character I was angry and confused as to who was doing this and why. I couldn't put the book down. I needed us both to have answers and justice! I felt as if I was part of the story as it unfolded!
I appreciated the author giving the imposters point of view and not just the main character. It helped to understand her motivation though, as you woul
Chloe
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books I've read this year. The story was cool. The synopsis was intriguing, it made me read the book right away. This book had the power to let you read and read til you finish the book. That's how interesting this book is.

The plot was creatively done, it's unusual and I like it. My favorite character of course was Sawyer. She's not perfect and all but there was something in her that made Ezra loved or shall we say obsessed with her.
Everything was not really that very go
Patricia Menier
Oct 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookbub, kindle
If I would have had to rate this book before the half way mark, I would have given higher stars. It started off so good! Then, it just started to get a little silly. The love story and the unrealistic things the characters did & said just kind of killed it for me. It was still an entertaining read. It just did not blow me away.
Keighley
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspend your disbelief and buckle up for a fun bunny-boiler romp
Coco.V
Oct 15, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁FREE on Amazon today (10/15/2020)! 🎁
Carole Klimesch
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Skin And Bones Enthralls

This book grabs ur attention and keeps you turning the pages! . Our villian is a woman who is in love with another woman's high school boyfriend.
Her solution is to get the man she loves is to become the twin by surgically turning herself into the woman he loves! This is 13 years after our heroine left town to get a college education. Our heroine has become a highly successful Architect. She received an email from someone who says she is now her and includes a video of he
Dena
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hello the book about copy cat and hello the story which is the copy cat of another story. The Evolution of ivy was definitely an inspiration for this book. Well inspiration... more like the same story with a few diferences. I have to say that I was really excited to read this book and ended up completely disappointed. The writting was really simple and bad and this story had some really annoying characters (mainly the main character- the real Sawyer). Her thinking was just off and I am thinking ...more
SUZAN C.
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been a long time reader of Keary's books and I have to say that I was NOT disappointed when I heard that Skin and Bone was ready to read. Much like the eerie aura of her other psychological thriller, Three Hearts Echo, this story causes less trauma to your psyche :)

In Skin and Bone, we immediately find out that there is someone who has taken over the life of another. There are no surprises as we read the point of view of the antagonist and the steps she takes to literally "take over" the pr
Gemma Ironside
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Skin and Bone is a new psychological thriller by author Keary Taylor. As soon as I started reading this book I was completely sucked in, I just couldn't put it down. I needed to know who was doing this and their motives behind it.

The imposter, the things she did to take over someone else's life, it's kind of scary as it could actually happen. I liked reading it from the imposters POV and from Sawyer James', it really helped to lay out the story and see both sides. I loved the character of Davis
Lisa
Skin and Bone.

wow!!!

I think I can say that this is the best book I have read this year. And the greatest book that's come from this amazing lady's brain.
I loved every word of this book.

It kept me on the edge of my seat and I didn't want to put it down at all incase I missed something (as if Sawyer would run off without me!!).
The two different perspectives were not hard to read, and the switch between the two was seamless and not at all confusing.

Sawyer is brilliant as is her nemesis and ugh, as
Deirdre O'Dwyer
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! This was such a good read. I've been following the author for some time, and love the way her stories unfold. She loves a good love story, and I have to say I was super surprised by how this love was unveiled.

The first third of the book was so intense, (not saying the rest wasn't) that I barely noticed how far had gotten. Then the investigating begins...I can honestly say that I loved the protagonist & the villain, both strong female characters. Though one is a psychopath, I was able to
Happy
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started this book late one evening with every intention of reading a few chapters before going to bed.... well let me just say that didn't work out too well. Sawyer was a small town girl with dreams bigger than her hometown.... but what Sawyer didn't know is she was about to be forced back home and into a nightmare far worse than she could have ever imagined! I want to leave my review vague because I don't want to tip you off on what will happen. If you are looking for a book that will have yo ...more
Penny
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to be completely honest: I was really, really reluctant to read this book. The plot is something I have a hard time reading so I stay away from them, only maybe reading once in a great while. However, as I have said many times before, I should have trusted this author. I was immediately sucked into the book, and it didn’t let me go until the end. Sawyer is a great character: tough, determined, yet soft and vulnerable. Davis is the same. I really wanted to yell at Ezra many times throughou ...more
cassi parker
Brooke
Whoa!
What a wild ride! I did not want to put this book down until I knew EVERYTHING!!!
I was drawn into this world of obsession so quickly, there were so many times i couldn't decide if I should hate, or feel bad for the impostor. So many moments I wanted to scream at Ezra for ignoring signs that were right in front of him.
I could go on and on, but don't want to give away the whole book! Short answer is... you should read this book! It really is one of the best that Keary has written.
Naurarwen
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow. This was an excellent read from start to finish and kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. When Sawyer James receives what she thinks is a spam email she is ready to delete it, that is until she notices an attachment with a still of her. She clicks the attachment only for a video to start, it shows a familiar surrounding, followed by a familiar face. That of her high school boyfriend, the guy she broke the heart of. Not just that she sees herself, or is it?

What would you do if
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘Skin and Bone’ is a fast paced and exciting thriller. I loved the twists and turns in the book and the concept behind it the novel is really intriguing. This book kept me on the edge of my seat throughout and I loved every page. I love Keary Taylor’s work but this book was fantastic.

The book itself is a great read, during which Sawyer’s identity is taken from her. What unfolds next is quite terrifying and left me wondering how much of what happened could actually happen in reality.

Sawyer is a
Gigi
Wowzers. This book had me at what the word. From start to finish it had me on my toes. It had me wanting more and more. It kept me wondering what was going to happen, where was this other person going to do. What was her point. Oh my gooseness. I don’t want to spoil it for anyone that hasn’t read it yet. Just read it. If you enjoy Psychological Thriller, then read this book. Thank you again Keary for another amazing book!!!
Krystal Fredrick
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this is some of Keary Taylors best work! I couldn't put it down. I am hopeful to see more of this genre.

So traditionally I avoid thrillers due to the high level of emotional hijacking. And I get stuck on edge until its finished. BUT THIS BOOK! I was completely blown away buy the mystery and detail within the book. I felt it was detailed perfectly, and the pace of the story kept me interested without skimping on detail.

The story revolves around Sawyer James and a distorted view of her pe
Emma
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Skin and bones by Keary Taylor
Being a huge fan of the amazing author that is Keary Taylor yet again her writing surprises me with twists turns and even breathtaking romance ahhh how did she do it yet again so it all starts way back when through a breakup the obsession starts and this leads to all sorts of really quite shocking ways to become literally obseßsed and like something out of a film ! Amazing I loved every second of the book all the characters and even the baddies haha cannot wait for

• Our Last Confession
  • A Perfect Mother
  • She's Missing
  • Knife Edge (The Dark Power of Three Book 1)
  • The Garden of Lost and Found
  • The Anniversary
  • What She Forgot
  • The Trophy Wife
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Elle Returns: The Sequel: A Psychological Thriller
  • The Beekeeper (The First Detective Elizabeth Stratton Mystery)
  • The Girls They Stole (The Auction Trilogy #1)
  • I Said Yes
  • The Wife Lie
  • The Woman Who Destroyed Christmas
  • What It Seems
  • The Liars
  • Your Only Friend
Keary Taylor is the USA TODAY bestselling author of over twenty novels. She grew up along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains where she started creating imaginary worlds and daring characters who always fell in love. She now splits her time between a tiny island in the Pacific Northwest and Utah, with her husband and their two children. She continues to have an overactive imagination that frequen ...more

News & Interviews