Start by marking “Dead Meat: Day 2 (Dead Meat, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dead Meat: Day 2 (Dead Meat, #2)

Dead Meat: Day 2 (Dead Meat, #2)

The dead have awakened.
Driven by insatiable hunger.
In eternal search of fresh meat.
The infection spreads like the plague.
Nothing stands between the undead and humanity.

Is it too late to save the world from disaster?

Day 2 follows the second day in the story of Dead Meat.
Kindle Edition
Published November 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dead Meat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Meat

Start your review of Dead Meat: Day 2 (Dead Meat, #2)
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 Day 1 ★★★★★
#2 Day 2 ★★★★★

I thought Day 1 was a lot of fun, but it was nothing compared to the quick-moving suspense of Day 2! Reading the Dead Meat series feels like watching a zombie TV show in action; the short formatting of the installments works brilliantly, and there's no need for build-up or loads of scenery as it's one punch of action after another, making for a tremendously fun and captivating read. Plus, these cliffhanger endings are killing me (in the best way), because I need Day 3 right
Latasha
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow Nick! Great job. I read this practically in one sitting. We are introduced to some new characters as the battle to stop the zombie virus from spreading continues. This one starts out dark at a child’s birthday party and yes, he goes there. Then we meet up with a familiar character. After this point, the intensity stays at a 10. It was impossible to put down. I can’t wait to read the next one.
Amanda Lee
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story starts with a bang. While Dan is thinking about his infected sister, Jennie, and worrying about whether he locked the cellar or not, Jennie stumbles upon a child's birthday party.

I really enjoy the acion as Dan, and now Selina, try to stop the zombie apocalypse from happening. They need to be better at killing zombies if they have a chance of stopping the spread (i'm looking at you Selina). I can't wait for Day 3.
Seraphia
Dead Meat: Day 2 is the second book in Nick Clausen’s “The End of the World One Day At a Time” zombie series. The first book revealed the dark beginnings of this horror story and Day 2 takes us further into the horrors that unfold as the virus/disease spreads one human at a time. The apocalypse is coming, and it’s spreading quickly because of the fact that so many refuse to believe what is happening simply because for them…it is “too far-fetched.”
Originally when I started reading this book I wa
Erica Metcalf
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Dead Meat: Day 2, the zombie outbreak has begun to spin out of control but thanks to two teenagers, they are trying their best to control the outbreak.

Can the virus be stopped before it becomes a full blown epidemic?

Full Disclosure: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my rating in any way.

In Dead Meat: Day 1, we saw the beginning of the zombie outbreak. While Dan did his best to prevent the situation from leaving the sing/>Full
JenniferJ
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story opens with Dan desperately trying to find his infected sister Jennie so he can take her out before she infects anybody else and causes a zombie apocalypse to happen but in the meantime Jennie has stumbled upon a kids birthday party and all heck breaks lose from there! So Day 2 pretty much carries on with the action we came to enjoy from the first day plus carries us thru a few heartache moments and yet again leaves us with another cliff hanger just like the first day.

I stil
Pat Eroh
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really awesome horrific book. It is only Day 2. I am concerned about what will happen in coming days. This is a real, on-the-edge-of-your-seat book. As always, I look forward to the next book by this author.

Rebecca Ramirez
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clausen does it again! He knows exactly how to hook his readers in the most terrifying way. Dan and Selina’s adventure has me on the edge of my seat, praying for a happy ending. If your interested in an interesting zombie novel, START THIS SERIES NOW!
Energy
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dan is trying to stop this disease from spreading and every time he thinks he's got it, something more pops up. His sister has taken off and he needs to find her. But what he finds instead are a few cops that got caught up in this mess. And while one of the cops has figured things out, it doesn't mean he played his hand wisely, and so the madness continues.

Dead Meat Day 2 picks off where Day 1 left off, right in the middle of the action. There's a bit less "horror cheese factor" in this one, an
Serenity
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I appreciate how these books have characters who see what's going on and realizes it's zombies. Well written. Quick read. Hoping there's a book 3 coming next!
Daniell Marsh
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book starts after Day 1 ends as would seem logical. You could get away with just reading Day 2 but would be so much better if you do read Day 1 first. I felt pulled into the story right away and was curious how this one would play out. There was some surprises I was not expecting. Now I don’t usually read horror or stories with gore in it and this did have both. Yet I really enjoyed it and want to keep seeing what is going to happen next. I did expect the one thing that did happen but I had ...more
Jackie's Bookbytes
Jennie from the block has wandered into someone's yard and attacks and infects two people. The scene is all too familiar with the Walking Dead and I'm just over it. You'd think by now people would know how to kill a zombie. I mean it isn't that hard. Zombies are slow and stupid so taking their head off or stabbing them in the head is what the situation calls for. However, Selene just knows how to torment me by not doing it properly. UGH! It killed me to watch her think she had killed her friend ...more
Katharina
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dead Meat Day 2 describes the second day of the zombie apocalypse adventure Dan finds himself in. He searches for his zombie sister, who meanwhile crashed a childs birthday party and infected a little girl and two police officers. One of them flees and infects more people. Will he and the newly introduced main character Selina be able to stop the virus from spreading further? Or will small details destroy their plan?

The second book in the Dead Meat series is even better than the firs
Iseult Murphy
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
What’s the best entertainment for a seven year old’s birthday party? Why a zombie hungry for human flesh, of course. Day 2 of Nick Clausen’s Dead Meat series ramps the comedy up to 11. I think these books would make a fantastic comedy drama series, each book being one episode I would like it made in Denmark too, please. It may be foolish to say this about a zombie horror comedy, but some of the characters actions in this installment stretched my suspension of disbelief to breaking point. Not qui ...more
Daisy Sauceda
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zombie domino effect

Well I finally find out Jenny's fate!! Oh boy does she cause a zombie domino effect! So be ready for a crazy ride.

Jenny has managed to end up in Selina yard and causes so much trouble. So tragedy strikes at Selina's house and she goes into survival mode. Then the chase is on. She is trying to prevent this domino effect to spread. Do you remember Dan, well he is helping Selina. Are they successful? Will they be able to warn everyone?

Get ready for a wild ride? O
Ambre
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Teenagers trying to stop the zombie apocalypse... what could go wrong? Just about everything, as you might expect. After reading the first book, I had to see what would happen next, so I was given an ARC (in exchange for an honest review) and in that vein, I can honestly say that Dead Meat: Day 2 has rocketed up my anxiety, lol. Which I suppose is what a good horror story is supposed to do!
Clausen ends the second book on a cliffhanger – just as he did the first – and I’m morbidly intereste
Kathleen
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story picks up where Day 1 left off. The zombie apocolypse has entered Day 2! Can Dan and Selena stop it before it puts an end to mankind? This book is filled with action from page one! I was totally engrossed in watching the sory unfold! I was so not expecting the cliff hanger ending! I loved it! Can't wait for Day 3. Nick Clausen does not disappoint with this series! A must read for all zombie fans!
Anie
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombies
Wow, that was intense.

I love the first book very much & the second one didn't disappoint. It's like someone turns the intensity all the way up on Day 2.

The book starts right in the middle of the story (love that :)), little girl having a birthday party in the back yard and her older sister Selina just wakes up. A strange person is stumbling towards the backyard, the police at the door, because a teenager went missing. Before she can warn anyone, the person attacks, and bites a c
Julie Mørup
Nov 17, 2019
Julie
added it
Nov 17, 2019

• Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Bjergtaget - Og de blev lokket (Bjergtaget, #1)
  • The Vampire Knitting Club (Vampire Knitting Club #1)
  • Kirsebærpigen
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Kvinner i kamp - 150 år med likhet, frihet, søsterskap
  • Stalker
  • A Child of Books
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
  • Dead School
  • The Girl and the Raven (The Girl and the Raven #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • The War of the Worlds
  • Viridians blod (Vildheks #2)
  • The Heart and the Bottle
  • The Incredible Book Eating Boy
  • Klassens dronning (Pigeliv #1)
  • Farvel rod - hej frihed: kom rodet til livs
Born 1988 in North Jutland, where I still live with my wife, who also happened to be my earliest childhood girlfriend. From 2017 I have lived as a full-time writer. Up until then, I had different jobs beside the writing. I have been studying as a carpenter for three years, and have also read two years of psychology at Aalborg University. It turned out that the writing had a much more powerful pull ...more