Start by marking “I Shall Love the Earl (Tricking the Scoundrels #3)” as Want to Read:
I Shall Love the Earl (Tricking the Scoundrels #3)

I Shall Love the Earl

(Tricking the Scoundrels #3)

How many times must a gentleman ruin a lady before he offers for her hand....

She waited for the temptation held in his gaze. He refused to give into his desire to court her. Can a ruination of a lady lead toward a love to last a lifetime?

Every ball Dallis MacPherson attended, she saved a spot on her dance card for a certain gentleman. Many balls later and still no
Kindle Edition
Published December 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about I Shall Love the Earl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Shall Love the Earl

Start your review of I Shall Love the Earl (Tricking the Scoundrels #3)
Dianne
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
You think people today are money-hungry, over-involved in how society perceives them if they do not have ample “coin?” I SHALL LOVE THE EARL by Laura A. Barnes is proof that the heart wants what the heart wants and it isn’t the almighty dollar. It also proves that a strong woman can go after what she wants, endure the scandal of a man who wants her in return, but runs as hot as his passions allow while being as cold as his purse is empty.

Can Dallis convince Rory she wants him for himself or will
Lori D
It was love at first sight for Rory, when he laid eyes on Lady Dallis MacPherson. Dallis had already noticed him and when he stepped out to rescue her from the Duke, she could only think of him as a hero. But Dallis's grandmother refused her to dance with him.
When their eyes met it seemed they spoke to each other, but Rory would not be able to keep her in the style she was accustomed to because he was broke. It would take him a few years to regain what was lost.
But it was a cat and mouse game.
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, regency
Oh, Honey, Don’t Bother to Love Him!

I love a good Regency, but I found this to be an odd little story. The couple has this instant attraction, but he is unwilling to overtly court her because of his dire financial circumstances. While he is titled, he is impoverished. Part of what was odd is that they seem to quite often have these conversations with their eyes only! Seriously? This happens so often that you could make a drinking game out of it and would wind up getting quite drunk! It was just
Traci
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I Shall Love the Earl is the third book in the Tricking the Scoundrels series. This was such a sweet Christmas story. I haven’t read all the books in the series yet (but hope to soon) but I loved all the characters that appear from the previous books. They provide support to the main characters and humor to the book. Lord Rory Beckwith fell in love at first sight with Lady Dallis MacPherson. He didn’t feel like he was worthy to court her because he wasn’t financial stable. His father had died ...more
Lesley
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Pride Holds Him Back 3.5*.
Roderick Beckwith is enamoured of a beautiful Scottish lass but lack of funds means that he cannot honourably court her. So rather than avoid her, which is difficult as he has to escort his mother and sister to Society functions, he gazes at her intensely but never asks her to dance, causing the ton to gossip. However there is scandal to follow after he drinks too much...... and then more scandal, until at last they are forced to marry.
Was distracted by the use of
Rosemary
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was anticipating reading Rory’s love story after the other “Tricking the Scoundrels” books and I was not disappointed. Rory was in love with Dallis but doing nothing about trying to court her. Rory felt he did not deserve Dallis which caused him to hurt Dallis. This part of Rory did disappoint me, because I liked him in the previous stories and at times in this book, I was so annoyed with him. It was nice to read about the other couples from the previous books. You can read this book as a ...more
Gina
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rory and Dallis have an immediate connection but Rory watches from afar due to his financial status. But Dallis has other ideas. When Rory seeks her out their time together is smoldering and does not go unnoticed. Each time Dallis thinks he will court her he pulls back. But his mother and her grandmother have other plans to have someone else court her. With his pride in the way he may lose her until he has no choice but to marry her. Now if he can just be honest with her and share his secrets ...more
Sandy
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A charming story.
I was not disappointed with this charming story. Rory and Dallis had a wonderful connection yet there were challenges that must be overcome. Rory felt that the lack of resources would cause him to not be the right for one for Dallis. Dallis had other ideas and I loved her. The book did a great job of setting up the story about Kathleen and Lord Holdenburg. I enjoyed the characters and the book was very entertaining. I did receive a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to
Jayne Butcher
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is so well written that it is easy to feel each character’s emotions and get swept up in their lives. Misunderstandings, misconceptions, secrets and innuendos abound, evoking a deep response from the reader. This is the third book in a series (and the first book I have read by this author), and I enjoyed it so much that I now need to go back and read the first two.

Anonymous 5
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet Regency Christmas story. It is a well written and charming story about how pride can get in the way of love. There was witty dialogue between the characters with a good dose of humor mixed in. Though I haven't read the other books in the series, the storyline and characters were easy to follow. I'm looking forward to going back and reading the first 2 books.

Barbara
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book three in the Tricking the Scoundrels series a well written story that I found myself smiling as I read. This is Earl Roderick/Rory Beckwith and Lady Dallis MacPherson's story about a man who lets pride get in the way of his love. I enjoyed reading this book and I want to read Kathleen and Holdenburg’s story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Heather Wamboldt
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Shall Love the Earl is the third book in the Tricking the Scoundrels series.

I loved this historical romance. The characters are well developed, charming, and likable. He loves her but feels that she deserves better. She loves him no matter what. The storyline is well written and captured my interest from start to finish.

I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
5 Kindles
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lots of twists and turns and a really good love story. A little steamy in places, but ok in the context of the story. Dallis is a feisty heroine, and Rory a total disaster till he owns up to his heart. CANT WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL!!!!!

Jackie
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An interesting romantic story. Dallis keeps waiting for a certain Earl to dance with her at the Ball. So far, nothing has happened Perhaps eventually things might change. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Rebecca
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent story. It was wonderfully written and highly entertaining. This is not one to miss. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book in exchange for a free copy.
Azizah Aisyah
Jan 13, 2020
Dr M I Mitchell
Jan 14, 2020

• A Lord Undone
  • The Duke's Desire (12 Dukes of Christmas #8)
  • When Scandal Came to Town (Scandalous Sons Book 3)
  • Lords, Love and Mysteries Box Set (Books 1-4) (Large Print): Clean Historical Regency Romance (A Lady Angelica Landerbelt Mystery Series)
  • The Viscount's Seduction (Sons of the Spy Lord, #2)
  • The Captured Lord: Regency Romance (The King's League Book 3)
  • The Last Earl Standing (The Impossible Balfours Book 2)
  • The Earl and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses, #1)
  • The Duke of the Moors
  • A Viscount is a Girl's Best Friend (The Impossible Balfours Book 3)
  • To Fall for a Kiss (Kiss the Wallflower, #4)
  • My Fair Lily (Farthingale, #1)
  • Song of Love (Book of Love, #4)
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • Letting Go This Christmas
  • Once Upon a Pirate : sixteen swashbuckling historical romances
  • Too Wicked to Wed (Chronicles of a Bluestocking Book 3)
  • Once Upon a Christmas Wedding
I am the author of The Romancing the Spies Series. When I am not writing, I am spending time with my family. I love reading books on lazy afternoons and late into the night. Anytime really. Married twenty-nine years to the love of my life, we have three wonderful children and two sweet grandbabies. Besides writing, I have always wanted to travel. In the last few years, we have gotten our passports ...more

Tricking the Scoundrels (3 books)
  • Whom Shall I Kiss... An Earl, A Marquess, or A Duke? (Tricking the Scoundrels #1)
  • Whom Shall I Marry... An Earl or A Duke?