Start by marking “Discovering Destiny (Familiar Magick, #1)” as Want to Read:
Discovering Destiny (Familiar Magick, #1)

Discovering Destiny

(Familiar Magick #1)

Who would believe that pretending to be your next door neighbor’s boyfriend for a simple family dinner would change so many lives forever? As two witches from two very different families learn how their destinies are intertwined, they realize they may be the only hope for their kind to survive what’s coming for them all.

Atherton Blackwood

Once upon a time, I was the
Published February 21st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Discovering Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discovering Destiny

Start your review of Discovering Destiny (Familiar Magick, #1)
Alex
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, magic, paranormal
3/4
P Leslie
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic start to the series!

Tobi’s nerves went haywire around Atherton and his choice of words made me cringe and laugh at loud. Tobi was adorable, awkward and cute.

There were several scorching hot scenes. The author cranked up the heat and it was spectacular especially, the part when they were looking at each other through the window.

I had loads of colourful choice of words aimed at Tobi’s mum. She did my head in and the way she berated Tobi broke my heart.

The familiars were funny and
Vicki
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-pnr
Oh this is going to be good!
What’s not to love about a prophecy that needs to be fulfilled, witches and long standing secrets. Theres also two adorably likeable MC’s, Tobias and Atherton/Arthur and their respective familiars who can be snarky and/or foul mouthed.
There’s buckets of chemistry but it takes a while before Tobias and Arthur act upon it. When they do, look out as the heat level rises.
This a a well crafted, original story with great character development. I fell into this world
Angie
Feb 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Magical Mystery MM Romance

3 stars!

This book started off really promising then it got...odd. I liked the magical mystery idea but the book spent a TON of time on the build up and it was fairly boring. The familiars annoyed me so bad. They were like the comic relief but were not funny at all.

I feel weird about how this story ended. It was definitely a cliffhanger and I'm not really curious enough to want to know what happens. I guess I feel like even though they took like 2 steps forward in
Sabella
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful start to a new series

This is the first book in a new series and it is incredible. We have Atherton, a witch that has been taught about the history of the witches then Tobias, who believes his family is the last family of witches. Add in two hilarious familiars, prophecy, and a little history between their families with a secret or two, and you have a fascinating start to a new series.

Be prepared for the ending, you will snicker them laugh. Amazing.
Gwen
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Magickal story. This book is fun, entertaining and full of magic. I love the story of Tobias and Ath. Their beginnings, when they find each other and when they find their destiny. But it is only one part of their journey. The characters are interesting, sweet, loving, sexy but quite determined and powerful. The whole world building is awesome. I can’t wait for the next installment.
Lyndsay TC
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this romance between Atherton and Tobias! While I was a bit confused in the beginning and wondering how we jumped from meeting to talking to familiars without introductions, the story eventually rolled out with more detail and backfill along the way. I love the adventure this series is promising and can't wait to meet the other characters to help this mission!
Priyanka R
Needs some editing but interesting and intriguing plot.
Nancy Upham
Pati
Dec 26, 2019
Nyx93
Dec 29, 2019
Abigail Kade lives on the Gulf Coast of Alabama with her husband, two children, two cats and one dog. She absolutely believes in true love because she married her high school sweetheart. She saw him at a party, picked him up and they were married five years later. They're still married, and he supports her writing about all things men and love, even if he doesn't understand half of the terms she ...more