Start by marking “Raven, Red (Lion and Raven #1)” as Want to Read:
Raven, Red (Lion and Raven #1)

Raven, Red

(Lion and Raven #1)

Cormac Flynn, a raven shapeshifter, is ancient, Celtic, and cursed.

Arianne Leone, a mountain lion shapeshifter, owns an art gallery in Deep Ellum, a popular tourist attraction and haven for musicians for decades.

Together, they are charged with guarding the one who bears the Hermit's Stone, an ancient artifact that has held worlds together—and kept them separate—for
Published October 26th 2019 by Connie Suttle

To ask other readers questions about Raven, Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven, Red

Start your review of Raven, Red (Lion and Raven #1)
Yvonne
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read (of course) which introduces a large cast of new characters, some of whom are more well developed than others and it is not easy to sort lead from support. One character identifies as a female vampire but may well have been different previously, whatever, she is fabulous (more Everette please Ms Suttle). The bad guys are aggressively one dimensional although this is cleverly explained as everything else having been burnt away leaving only hate remaining. This is the first in a new ...more
Joe Scholes
Shelves: connie-suttle
If you like to read books with an average cast of forgettable characters, a dull plot and about as much action as an Emily Dickinson poem, then this book is not for you! Pick it up at your peril, because you'll be drawn in immediately and won't want it to end—typical storytelling art by author Connie Suttle.

Raven, Red is the first book in a new series by Ms. Suttle (her fifteenth), and one that will satisfy any fan of urban fantasy. Although not a part of what fans have come to call the
Heather
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This definitely has the Connie Suttle feel happening. This is listed as a standalone series but I really felt like it was from the Lissaverse. Maybe from a Multiverse that Breanne created at one point of the God Wars. I thought that when Mac said something about the stone. It doesn't matter to me if it is or not. I am going to like this series.
There are several new characters that I look forward to knowing better. Nico, Ari, Mac, Renault, Big John, etc. There are really too many to name.
This is
Jennifer Hartman
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book! I just love Connie Suttle's books!!
Peter Griffith
Awesome, as always

Connie has the ability to create characters that you instantly love and care about. You always want to know what's going to happen next. I can't wait for Book 2!!
Wanda binz
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

This author writes such compelling stories. The characters are so unique, good people who do what’s right no matter the cost. The story is intriguing in it’s possibilities.
Linda T Waldron-Inman
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazingly relevant story to today's headlines!

I love Connie Suttle's writing. I wait for each book to be published. This book is non-stop action as usual but with a twist. We are back on Earth, and evil has taken on human form, he is playing on people's prejudices and fears. Those of us who don't belong to the mainstream are at risk.
I have family members who were lost during the "BurningTimes". As a student of history I have studied the McCarthy Era. Some of the subject matter mirrors today's
Missy Cetnar
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stunning and emotional new series

I have read every single book Connie has written. None has hit as close to home as this one. This universe parallels the current world atmosphere and reminds us that we have to live for what is most dear to us. Thank you Connie. You know how to get a view across in an entertaining and very thoughtful way.
Ann Zdunczyk
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Action and more action. Nico is a friend of Ari’s and he comes to her art gallery to paint. His parents have a restaurant across the street. One day when he is at the gallery the restaurant is bombed. The story starts there!
Teresa
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 1 in the Lion and Raven Series

I absolutely love Connie Suttle. Her books draw you in with the characters that you love or love to hate. The story's morph into a tale that you are part of and don't want to put down and Raven Red is no exception. I loved the characters and the storyline. Nico's mom has given him a shell she found in vacation but it's not just any shell. It's something that someone is willing to kill for. Now their life is never going to be the same. I absolutely recommend
Terri Stoel
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story

Enjoyed the world building in that it didn't stray far from the universe that I know and love. Intriguing characters and fast paced action made the book hard to put down. Can't wait for the next book!
Toni Stathers
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Suttle delivers Sensational

Page Turner from start to finish. All her works take the reader into the narrative and action. Characters that reach out and have you cheering for the good guys to out wit and defeat the bad guys. Book 2 I anxiously await!
Tracey Duffy
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I cannot wait for the next book in this series!
Of course, that tends to be the case with all of Connie Suttle's books.
A L Phillips
Nov 24, 2019
Debra
Oct 29, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Well of Magic (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill #4)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Of Gods & Tigers (Discord Jones Book 8)
  • Emperor's Throne (Desert Cursed #6)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Steel Dragon (Steel Dragons, #1)
  • Chameleon's World: Chameleon Assassin Box Set 1
  • Boundary Haunted (Boundary Magic, #5)
  • Dark Matters (Class 5, #4)
  • Witch Of The Federation III (Federal Histories, #3)
  • Witchin' Around The Clock (Wicked Witches Of The Midwest, #15)
  • Freaky Fangs (A Mystic Caravan Mystery, #9)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • Magic Street Boogie: An Urban Fantasy Action Adventure (Scions of Magic Book 1)
  • Faeling for Them (Eight Wings Academy #1)
  • The Uncommon Rider (The Exceptional S. Beaufont Book 1)
  • If All Else Fails (The Kurtherian Endgame - Out Of Time Book 2)
  • Drow Conqueror: An Urban Fantasy Action Adventure (Alison Brownstone Book 14)
Connie Suttle lives in Oklahoma with her husband and three cats.

Connie holds an MFA in Fine Art (film production and animation) and taught courses at the university level before moving on to bookstore management. Nowadays, if she isn't writing or editing, she's dreaming up her next book.