Start by marking “Letter To My Younger Self: 100 inspiring people on the moments that shaped their lives” as Want to Read:

If you could write a letter to your younger self, what would it say?

More than 10 years ago, The Big Issue began asking people that and since then, some of the most brilliant and successful people from the worlds of entertainment, politics, food, sport and business have had their letters published in the magazine.

This collection of 100 of the most incredible letters include
Published October 31st 2019 by Blink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Letter To My Younger Self, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letter To My Younger Self

Start your review of Letter To My Younger Self: 100 inspiring people on the moments that shaped their lives
Matt
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
What an incredible read! Definitely the best book I've read this year (I know it's early), but yeah, such an incredible read. Basically, it's a combination of short reflections by celebrities on their 16 year old selves and what they would tell them. Some of the interviewees I didn't recognise, but I enjoyed the lessons they shared all the same. I would have to say James Earl Jones, Ewan McGregor and Paul McCartney were definitely my favourite reflections.

Definitely read this book if you ever h
Lisa Bentley
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
If I wrote a letter to my younger self there is so much I would tell myself. I would tell myself to get my stomach problems checked out earlier, not to obsess about silly boys so much as that will always work out, and that badger stripes in my hair is not and will never be a good look.

In Letters to My Younger Self we have letters written by 100 famous and inspiring people. The letters that have been written are a lot less glib than mine above and they were interesting to read little snippets int
Lushbug
Jul 22, 2020 rated it liked it
A good read that I just picked up every now and then to read the short individual stories. Best ones were Desmond Tutu and Roger Moore. I wouldn’t say any of them were particularly profound or deep.

Roger Moore on ageing: “Ageing has never bothered me. My wife and my children love me, so that’s alright.” “ I spent my life playing heroes because I looked like one. Practically everything I’ve been offered didn’t require much beyond looking like me. I would have loved to play a real baddie.” I DO L
Evie Pey
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As my first audiobook I did quite like this book, the only thing better would have been for the actual person to read their own letters.

A really good concept for famous people to write a letter to their younger selves, quite a lot of the stories had the same regrets and thoughts which was interesting. They were first published in the Big Issue.
Sally Taylor
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography
I was given it as a Christmas present. I really enjoyed it...easy reading something that you dip in and out of.
Chris Nash
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I guess like any book made up of contributions from different people, this was a real mix. Some truly fascinating stories, some that I could have done without. Some that stuck to the premise of talking/writing to their 16 year old self and others who told their whole life story.
What at lacked are points was more than made up for by the better contributions though - and what I really liked were that the better contributions were not those I was expected to like (the footballers and country music
David Margetts
Feb 25, 2020 rated it liked it
A little better than ok, but only just!. For me the real benefit lies not in the stories told by many of the contributors, but the inspiration to review my own past and give advice to my younger self. This proved enlightening and also has enabled me to 'advise my older self' for the remaining part of my life. The content I must say is very mixed in quality, usefulness and dare I say authenticity. Some stories were inspiring, enjoyable, and thought provoking, whilst others were more egotistical t ...more
Rachel (Smelleykins)
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think I got this book for Christmas from my sister.
Its really a beautiful book, over 100 stories from many famous people around the world. I loved some as they were from my home town and I could recognise places that they had stated.

They are probably two or three pages each, some may go to four or five but they're simple. Split across various life stages such as love, family etc.
Overall a really enjoyable book and a sneak into peoples views of what they'd tell their 16 year old self.
Camilla Chester
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I bought this as a Christmas present and had a sneaky peak before giving it. It’s an amazing book which shows how connected us humans are in so many ways regardless of fame and fortune. If my brother doesn’t agree then I’ll gladly take the book back for myself!
Sue Frances
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knowsley-library
Letter to My Younger Self is a revelatory and profound exploration into the wit and wisdom that age brings, and of the unique insights that looking back can reveal.

Proceeds from the sales of this book go to The Big Issue to continue their work dismantling poverty and promoting social justice.
Mrs Abby
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Entertaining and interesting. I liked that it was many short stories and lessons which makes it easy to pick up and put down in and amongst your day.
Julian
Oct 01, 2020 added it
An excellent variety of characters and treatment. Some more enlightening, others more self-centred. A good read for something short and self-contained.
Sandy
Jul 19, 2020 rated it liked it
A good book to dip in and out of - I skipped the letters of people I hadn't heard of. ...more
Sali Pike
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Perfect for anyone who likes to know what makes a person. I love knowing about people and their journeys so I really enjoyed this.
Lorraine
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of the celebrities really show their true colours...and not in a good way
Karen
Apr 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Disappointing! I had high hopes as I thought it would be ideal for listening to it as an audiobook while walking. It’s a shame the letters weren’t read by the people themselves. I only ended up listening to about six; they all seemed much the same.
Donna Mccloskey

• Once Upon a River
  • When All Is Said
  • Vogue on Giorgio Armani
  • Me
  • Did Anyone Else See That Coming...?
  • People Like Me
  • Somebody I Used to Know: A Memoir
  • If Only I Could Tell You
  • Sheets (Sheets, #1)
  • The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)
  • Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations
  • Last Christmas
  • The Thief Lord
  • Everblaze (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #3)
  • My Name is Why
  • A Natural History of Dragons (The Memoirs of Lady Trent, #1)
  • Predator's Gold (Mortal Engines Quartet #2)