Start by marking “Waiting for a Miracle” as Want to Read:
Waiting for a Miracle

Waiting for a Miracle

Benjamin Cohen, widowed father of six-year-old Jessie, is doing his best to hold it together through order and routine. The last thing he needs is his matchmaker mother to set him up with her next door neighbor, no matter how attractive she is.

Rachel Schaecter's dream of becoming a foster mother is right within her grasp, until her meddlesome neighbor tries to set her up w
Published December 2nd 2019 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for a Miracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for a Miracle

Start your review of Waiting for a Miracle
N.N. Light
Widower Benjamin Cohen is doing what he can to raise his six-year-old daughter, Jessie. Losing his wife devastated him and the only way he can cope is through an orderly routine. He doesn’t have time or the inclination for dating or falling in love. When his mother fixes him up with his daughter’s teacher, Rachel, he reacts badly. So bad, he has to apologize numerous times. But fate seems to continue to throw them together and when he kisses her, his heart takes over. Can he finally put his fear ...more
romancejunkie
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and touching story about finding second chances in love. Benjamin, Rachel and Jessie were a cute little family. I received an ARC copy of this book, all opinions here are my own.
Farah
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Jennifer Wilck for the review copy. I adored reading this novella, following Ben and Rachel on getting their small Hanukkah miracle.

Rachel is Ben's daughter, Jessie's teacher, so they've had a fair few encounters together. However when Rachel's neighbour invites her over one night and sets her up with her son, who's the one and only Ben, a little bit of sparks start to bloom.

It was utterly, sweet this short story. It helps you get into the festive mood and teaches you a little about an
Megan
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Congrats to this little novella -- it's the first Hanukkah romance I've read! I'm happy to report that it's a delightful little romp, with a single dad and his daughter's first grade teacher making a connection during the 8 nights of Hanukkah (with some help from his mother). You get lots and lots of reminders that this holiday is celebrating a MIRACLE, but you also get menorahs and latkes, and small reminders of what makes this such a family oriented celebration. I wasn't a super fan of control ...more
Mary
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the moment I opened the pages of this story, I was swept away with this beautiful Hanukkah story! Benjamin and Rachel are characters so easy to love, and I enjoyed the tension between them. Combined with an adorable little girl and a matchmaking mother, this book was definitely a 5-star read. I've read many holiday stories this season, but "Waiting for a Miracle" is at the top as one of my favorites. ...more
Ally Swanson
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a sweet, cozy, romantic, festive, and enjoyable read!

This is the second book I’ve read from the incredible writer, Jennifer Wilck. Last year I had the privilege of reading her book, “Learning to Love,” which is part of the Serendipity Book Series and I totally loved it, so I was very excited to read her latest work, “Waiting for a Miracle,” even though it’s not part of the same book series.

I absolutely loved this book!! It was super cute, warmhearted, and had all the feels!!

I
Andrea
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
In the midst of a zillion Christmas romances, it's kind of fun to have one pop up that revolves around Hanukkah. After all, that is a holiday based on a miracle as well, right? So why can't it inspire a miracle in the realm of love?

Rachel and Benjamin are both lonely this holiday season and looking for love, though they are not necessarily consciously aware of it. Rachel's ex-boyfriend had cheated on her and Benjamin's wife died a few years ago. Benjamin's mother is Rachel's neighbor, and she is
Harlie Williams
This is exactly what I needed to read after the holidays. It’s sweet, relatable and it features a holiday that doesn’t get a lot of stories published. But I digress. Thank you Ms. Wilck and The Wild Rose Press for publishing it. Plus, our heroine is a teacher, which I totally relate to. And our hero, sorry to say, is a bit of grump. Look I get the whole I’m just trying to keep it together but he really needed to lighten up some. Heck, even his mother knew it. LOL!

This is a shorter book but it st
LJT
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
​​​​​Waiting for a Miracle combines the miracle of Hanukkah with the miracle of love. This is a quick-paced novella from new to me author Jennifer Wilck. The story takes place in New York City, where kindergarten teacher Rachel Schaecter, and IT Consultant Benjamin Cohen, find happiness together. Rachel and Ben's mother are apartment neighbors, and Jessie, Rachel's favorite student, is Ben's daughter. Thanks to a bit of meddling, some intense conversations, and a ton of chemistry, they form a fo ...more
Donna Simonetta
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachel is a schoolteacher who loves her students, and Benjamin is the widowed father of one of those students, which should make him off limits. But his mom is Rachel’s neighbor and a great character, who ignores the rules and plays matchmaker on the first day of Hanukkah. Over the eight days of Hanukkah, will these two opposites find their own miracle in each other?
Waiting for a Miracle by Jennifer Wilck is a sweet, heartwarming Hanukkah romance. It was a quick read, which is a good thing, beca
Rachel
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Waiting for a Miracle by Jennifer Wilck is a nice, relaxing, holiday novella that I enjoyed in one sitting.

I was initially drawn to this story due to the Hanukah theme. I can never seem to find Hanukah-themed books during the holidays, and this helped me feel right at home.

I liked Rachel (well hello that is my name too) and also Jessie. Ben had to warm up during the course of the story for me to like him, and once I learned his reasoning, I enjoyed their romance. It would be nice to read how the
Linda Walters
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
I found this book to be short, charming. It had pretty good main characters but they weren't super deep. It was a good Holiday story that didn't take too long to read.
I agree with another reviewer that it would have been nice if there had been more to Benjamin and Rachel's story. Where did they go from there? But at least they have a good start. It was different to read a story that revolves around Hanukkah. I'm not Jewish but that was a sweet start of a romance during that time. Come to think
Kat Henry
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first time Rachel meets Benjamin--on a strictly social basis--he's holding a menorah in one hand. Will he throw it, she wonders, or club someone with it?
You gotta love a woman who thinks like this. We did--from page 1 to the end of this short, sweet romance out of the Wild Rose Press.
Author Wilck has the remarkable talent to create unique, individual characters and stays true to their personas. Toss in a bit of background and customs associated with Hanukkah, always a treat to learn somethi
JenniferJ
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Short but Loved it. Bless her heart had it not been for sweet Jessie I don't think anything would have ever happened in this story! Oh and the meddling mom of Benjamin.

The characters were very relatable to and I enjoyed the relationships between them all. There really wasn't much romance but at least a fair amount of ground work was made. I mean seriously can't expect a whole lot of boot knocking in 75 pages. Well I guess you could but that would totally be rushing things way to much.

I'm well sa
Amy
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Wilck’s Waiting for a Miracle is a delightful little novella. I really enjoyed this story. Rachel and Benjamin were great characters to get to know. I thought they had chemistry right from the start. It is a little predictable but that is okay it is still a story I would not have wanted to miss.
I am giving Waiting for a Miracle four and a half stars. I highly recommend this book for readers who enjoy a sweet and heartwarming romance.
I received this book from the publisher. This review
Kathy
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Wilck delivered an honest, loving story about Rachel, a teacher with a big heart and single dad, Benjamin, whose daughter is in her class. I loved the relationship Rachel had with his child, Jessie - so natural and loving. The main characters did not have an easy road together, but the secondary characters of Jessie and Grandma Harriet added the levity, and the matchmaking.

As a Christian I really enjoyed learning about the menorah and customs of Hanukkah. This story truly was filled wit
Sandra Loves Reading
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Obviously as it's such a short tale, you know it's not going to be an in-depth story. It is well written and very fast paced. And it's the first Hanukkah story that I've read.
I can't say that I particularly liked Benjamin. Or Rachel. However, his daughter, Jessie, and his mother, were great characters - them I liked.
Google was my companion while reading Waiting for a Miracle, as there were so many words I didn't know and that kind of spoiled it a bit for me. None the less, I'm glad I read it.

Rona Nimmo
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Waiting for a Miracle by Jennifer Wilck

Rachel is at school. Jesse is one of her favourite pupils. Benjamin her widowed father is a tad bossy. His mother is Rachel’s matchmaking mother. Rachel’s only real plans for her future is to foster a child until life starts to throw Benjamin into her life.

A pleasant if somewhat short and predictable. You start to anticipate more story only to discover it has ended. A tad disappointing.
Robin
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
While I understand that short stories can be difficult to get into simply because of their lack of length/depth (this one is only 5 chapters), the only character I liked here was the 6 yo Jessie (her father Benjamin I actively DISLIKED 😳), and the storyline held absolutely no appeal for me...and this was a second-chance-at-love story about a widower, his daughter and her teacher 🤷🏻‍♀️The writing was fine, but it just did not DO anything for me.
Christine Woinich
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick sweet holiday read. Rachel and Benjamin were sweet and funny together. I enjoyed their journey from parent/teacher to two people who cared about each other. Benjamin's daughter, Jessica, was also cute. I would like to read more about this couple as it was a bumpy ride to start.

I received a copy of this story through Goddess Fish Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
Liz Flaherty
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for holiday stories, and I loved reading this one centered around Hanukkah. Ben and Rachel's story is satisfying and entertaining, although I have to admit Ben's mom--who is every Gentile's idea of a Jewish mother!--was my favorite character of all. I love that the book was set in Manhattan and that for all his good intentions, Ben was so bossy. It was so much fun watching his daughter Jessie, Rachel, and his mother bring him back to life and teach him not everything has to have str ...more
Katie O'Connor
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: will-read-again
Short and sweet, this novella pulled me right in and held me captive. Filled with holiday traditions, love and family it's an entertaining read. I'm keeping this one in my re-reading pile. It'll be a favorite for years to come. ...more
Cindy Pearson
Mar 24, 2020 rated it liked it
I got a ebook to judge in a contest, for an honest review. I enjoyed the chemistry between Rachel and Benjamin, even though they were both vulnerable they gave their love a chance. We can’t forget the adorable Jessie either.
Alisha
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute short story
Roni Denholtz
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet Hanukkah romance full of New York minutes, latkes, and holiday spirit! If you like holiday books and quick reads don't miss this one! ...more
Mandi D Richards
Wendy
Dec 25, 2019

• Eight Nights To Win Her Heart
  • Penny (Unbowed, #2)
  • My Way to You (Creek Canyon, #1)
  • My Ex-Life
  • 1st Case
  • The Power of Love
  • The Unexpected Wedding (Loving a Billionaire #2)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • His Royal Highness
  • Rebel (Starlatten #2)
  • My Mother's Secret
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • Silver Stud (Silver Fox Resort, #0.5)
  • Billionaire's Secret
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Gansett Island Series Boxed Set Books 4-6 (Gansett Island, #4-6)
  • A Casual Encounter
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
Jennifer started telling herself stories as a little girl when she couldn’t fall asleep at night. Her favorite stories to write are those with smart, sassy, independent heroines; handsome, strong and slightly vulnerable heroes; and her stories always end with happily ever after.

In the real world, she’s the mother of two amazing daughters and wife of one of the smartest men she knows. When she’s no