Start by marking “The Doom of Fallowhearth (Descent: Journeys in the Dark, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Doom of Fallowhearth (Descent: Journeys in the Dark, #1)

The Doom of Fallowhearth

(Descent: Journeys in the Dark #1)

Legendary heroes battle the undead and dark sorcery, in the first of a rip-roaring new series for the fan-favorite epic fantasy game, Descent.

When the Baroness of Forthyn’s daughter disappears, she calls on the legendary orc hero, Durik, to find her. Durik enlists his old questing partners – the dwarf alchemist, Ulma Grimstone, and roguish Logan Lashley – in the hopes of r
Published October 6th 2020 by Aconyte

To ask other readers questions about The Doom of Fallowhearth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doom of Fallowhearth

Start your review of The Doom of Fallowhearth (Descent: Journeys in the Dark, #1)
Michael Botterill
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been provided with an advance copy of the new Descent: Journeys in the Dark book The Doom of Fallowhearth, published by Aconyte Books, so here is the honest review I promised in exchange for the book.

So here is an important disclaimer which is always important to put out there first. I have a casual work contact with Asmodee to demonstrate board games for them in stores and at conventions. Asmodee being the parent company of Aconyte the publisher.

Secondly I am a friend of Robbie’s on Face
Michael Dodd
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Lady Kathryn, the Baroness of Forthyn’s daughter, disappears under strange circumstances, three of the legendary Borderlands Four reunite to search for the missing noblewoman. While their best years might be behind them, these most famous of adventurers bravely (or rather reluctantly, in the case of ageing rogue Logan Lashley) head north to the town of Fallowhearth to search for signs of what caused Lady Kathryn’s disappearance.

This is very much a high fantasy setting, but a story which lea
Dawn
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Reading a novel based on a game was a new experience for me (I think!) and one that I'm glad to have had. The story is pure fantasy and a wonderful read. The writing is brilliant. The characters are solid and likeable/hateable (delete as appropriate). The ending took me completely by surprise... though maybe it shouldn't have! This is one to buy, keep on a very easy to reach shelf, and read again and again.

My thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for an advance copy to review. This revi
Paul Sparks
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In the grim dark future there is only war! Oops wrong books, yet another excellent book from Robbie MacNiven, if I have a complaint it’s only that there were no space marines (so far...,) 😉
Simon Holland
Oct 24, 2020

• Curse of Honor: A Legend of the Five Rings Novel
  • Domino: Strays: A Marvel Heroines Novel
  • The Head of Mimir: A Marvel Legends of Asgard Novel
  • No Good Men (Warhammer Crime)
  • Bloodlines (Warhammer Crime)
  • Saturnine (The Siege of Terra #4)
  • Wrath of N'kai
  • Captain Moxley and the Embers of the Empire
  • Unconquerable Sun (The Sun Chronicles, #1)
  • XX
  • Sons of the Selenar (The Siege of Terra)
  • A Song for the Dark Times (Inspector Rebus #23)
  • Tell Me When I'm Dead (Tell Me When I'm Dead #1)
  • Encampment by the Gorge
  • Necrophobia (Zombie Apocalypse #1)
  • From a Certain Point of View (From a Certain Point of View, #1)
  • Last Stand (Arisen)
  • And Blood Did Fall
Robbie MacNiven is an author and freelance journalist living in the Highlands of Scotland and currently enrolled as a student at the University of Edinburgh, studying History. His ambition is to become an author in much the same way that a 5 year old, when asked what he wants to be when he grows up, will say “a fireman” or “an astronaut.” He takes thin but wholesome comfort from the fact that the ...more

News & Interviews