Start by marking “Starfall Ranch” as Want to Read:
Starfall Ranch

Starfall Ranch

30-year-old Shiloh Kerridan migrated to the moon world Sirona 5 years ago with one goal: to put a lifetime of betrayals behind her and never deal with a broken heart again. That stuff was better off left behind on Earth where it couldn't find her. Now she's the sole inhabitant and owner of 30 beautiful acres of land that she calls Starfall Ranch.

Life has been good to her
Published October 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Starfall Ranch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starfall Ranch

Start your review of Starfall Ranch
Jude in the Stars
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*

Money won’t solve all your problems, especially when the money is your parents’, not yours, and they’re the ones creating the problems. To escape her parents’ insane plan of having her inseminated with a mix of their own DNA to create the perfect child, Thisbe Vandergoss applies as a mail-order bride under an assumed name and is shipped to Sirona, on the other side of the galaxy, to marry a seventy-six-year-old settler. A series of misunderstanding brings her to the wrong farmer. Shiloh ‘Shy
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Rating: 2 stars - it was ok

One Sentence Summary: To escape her parent's controlling plans, Thisbe Vandergoss signs up with Happy Hearts Matchmakers for an arranged marriage and a one-way ticket off Earth.

I loved the concept of STARFALL RANCH and thought it was a really cute idea to bring together our two heroines and the futuristic settings was also a unique idea. Thisbe is desperate to escape her parent's horrendous plans to force her to have a baby so she joins a matchmaker site. She pairs u
Carol Hutchinson
A super fun adventure!

Thisbe is tired of her parents having control of her life and planning her future. When they make a life choice for her that is just a step too far, Thisbe takes her future into her own hands and goes on the run. Desperate to get away, Thisbe applies to matchmaking service on the world of Sirona. When she arrives her paranoia gets the better of her. Convinced her parents have already tracked her disappearance, Thisbe panics and finds herself of the doorstep of Starfall Ran
Janice
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Billionaire heiress Thisbe (love the name) needs to get far away from her overly controlling parents and flees earth to become a mail order bride on Sirona. She ends up at the home of the wrong Kerridan and instead of meeting Sean, meets Shy. I thought this was a sweet story between 2 adorably screwed up people that were perfect for each other. I gave a 1/4 star for the use of the the term “jagoff” which I have never encountered in a book of fiction. Anyone from Pittsburgh Pa would be familiar w ...more
XR
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
In more ways than one, this truly was out of this world! I loved it.
Thisbe and Shy are brilliant characters, and together they were utterly smokin'!
iam
Sapphic romance with a great formula: grumpy space farmer, a billionaire heiress on the run, an unwanted mining deal, and a desperate mail-order-bride scheme gone wrong...

Content warnings include: unsupportive parents, plants unwanted IVF, sex on-page, unwanted flirting, sabotage, mentions of incest and implied child abuse and rape.

I loved the first half of the book and getting to know Shy and Thisbe. Their backgrounds were established well and in the exact right amounts, not too long or too sh
Athira
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
I've never read sci fi before and I was a bit wary starting this book. But I really liked this one. Shiloh and Thisbe are amazing characters. I especially loved Shiloh, she was sassy and confident, total badass.

I was immersed in this world so easily. Romance with sexy times and a little bit of action, this was perfectly put together. Such an entertaining read. Highly recommend.

It's really well written and well paced. Thisbe's baking has left me so hungry. Especially that recipe at the end! Als
Amanda
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I do love a sci fi romance and this was an interesting alternative world of planets. Really enjoyed it. All the talk of home cooking made me want to bake! I even took a picture of the hidden recipe at the end of the book ;)
Meagan Cahuasqui
Feb 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Another fun romance with a wild premise. Characterization needed some work but it was entertaining enough to keep me reading. Full review coming soon
Dide
Mar 08, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is fiction so I'd forgive the 3-7 days fall in love drama. The description of sirona was well done, relatable with little addon imaginations. The food....well, i wish the book could conjure the pastries right out of the pages. ...more
Lauren loves llamas
Content warnings: (view spoiler)

Look, this book has a lesbian hermit space farmer. I’m pretty sure that’s all I have to say to explain why I picked this book up!

“So what in the world was Shy’s entire problem? She was hot as sin and blessed with a voice that could melt permafrost, but clearly her brain was housin
The Quille and Lampe
What I Think: This tale was well balanced from the start, having enough grit to make it real, enough humor to have me snort water through my nose. But I knew I would love it when I read this sentence: The Nordic God of gaping fish! Shy and I became fast friends after that. Her blunt, straight shooter ways making her irresistible even as jealousy lanced my heart. She’s living my dream: a farm big enough to not have neighbors, growing food and animals, running a property homestead. Ah, the life. A ...more
Victoria
“Cheers to Starfall Ranch. And the badass goddess that runs this place.”
“Cheers to Starfall Ranch. And the angels disguised as unexpected house guests.”

Have you ever thought, “Wow, I’d really love a sci-fi, lesbian, 18+, Hallmark-esque romance? Well, this book is for you then!

At first, I wasn’t sure about this book. I’m not a huge sci-fi person, and just wasn’t sure if this book was gonna be for me. But once I got into it, it was adorable and I couldn’t stop!

“You fucked up my life, but in the mo
May 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
I think I encountered this on the WisCon discord server, in the channel for creators to promote their work.

I was torn on the rating -- I wound up at 2 since that's my code to myself for "don't seek out more from this author", but it seems unfair, because the book was just about what I expected. I guess I bought it because the premise was entertaining and I hoped to be pleasantly surprised by the writing/plotting.

Thisbe is an heiress and businesswoman on earth, who flees when her family's control
Goth Gone Grey
Clever, modern and fun. 5 stars are not enough.

It's an review copy, and a mix of genres, which can be hit or miss. That said, I started falling for the lead character, Shiloh, a few pages in with this self-assured comeback:

“I’m going to stop you right there, Gran. First of all, I am not interested in men. A fact that I do believe was widely and publicly established when I first settled on this rock five years ago. Secondly, you are not the man to f~ck me straight, alright? No matter what you t
Jessica
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh Shiloh, where can I find me one of you? Shiloh was awesome! She had sass, a backbone, was willing to get dirty and generally was badass. She was fantastic as a main character and her grumpy behavior was perfect counter to Thisbe Vandergoss’s spoiled little rich girl attitude. Thisbe has a lot more to her though than what you see on first glance. I really liked the mix up and how it brought these two characters together that otherwise would have never met.
The writing was good, and the pacing w
Georgiana
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the characters, especially Wallis, and I enjoyed the story up until the last one or two chapters. I was really hoping for more of… something with Thisbe’s parents, so when I got to the end, I was a bit disappointed. Instead of giving me more action to show how it was resolved, it was just told with a quick explanation.

That aside, I did like every other part of the story and I even found myself chuckling at times. Thisbe and Shy are both likeable characters, both having flaws, but a
Amanda
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

Masterfully written. A science fiction setting so thoroughly realistic, you forget that Sirona isn’t somewhere you can hop off to. Real characters that jump off the page without stigmas or stereotypes. It will have you longing for apple strudel muffins and romantic camping trips. Look forward to more from Dawes.
Heather
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Need more lesbian books like this

We need more books like this for lesbians and in the sci fi genre. Hell all genre’s. Please write more lesbian novels!
Oudelli
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good book

I laughed a lot ready this book. And in my opinion that’s a high complement. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good story.
Jude
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not Sci-fi

I am not ordinarily a fan of sci-fi but I have to say I really enjoyed this story! Very entertaining. And I LOVED the puns. Made me laugh out loud!
Tayra Sanders
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so entertained and thrilled while reading this story. I truly loved the twist and turns, ups and downs, and I also enjoyed all the characters.

JayLynn Watkins
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Strudel, Love, and Farm Bots - oh, my!

Starfall Ranch, what can I say? It’s a great read and easy fun. Dawes’ writing helps one very quickly fall in love with a new planet (Sirona) and new cast of characters. Shy and Thisbe are all kinds of adorable, from beginning to end and every moment in between.

Dawes’ world building style is a subtle one, and I’m so here for it. The format allows one to get immersed in the sci-fi aspects of the tale without becoming lost to them. Farm bots? Genius!

At the s
Sars
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who enjoy their WLW romance tempered with science fiction
In five words or fewer: When Eleanor met Tahani…

Shiloh is a former party girl / current recluse.

Tahani, er… Sorry, Thisbe is the only daughter of ultra-wealthy monsters. I mean, seriously… She is Tahani. Her parents are Tahani’s parents. Even without knowing precisely why, it’s pretty obvious why she had to get away.

Once I saw Thisbe as Tahani, I couldn’t help but see Shiloh as Eleanor. The only time I had to do a bit of a double-take was when Thisbahani stood on her tiptoes to kiss Shileanor.
Perry Wolfecastle
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Starfall Ranch is a wonderful book. The world of Sirona is beautifully imagined and executed. It really does feel like a colony, very earth like yet full of unique and special touches.

To me Sirona is a place to escape. For Shiloh she can escape her past and finds a place for herself as the owner of Starfall Ranch. Purveyor of fine apples and keeper of goats. There are nice sci fi touches here of gardening droids that fleshed out the world nicely.

Thesbi is escaping a future that has been laid out
Mikey Grady
May 24, 2020
T
Aug 09, 2020

• Changing Course
  • Heart of Gold (Heart, #1)
  • A Marriage of Connivance
  • Candy Hearts (So Over the Holidays, #2)
  • Sisters of the Vast Black
  • Aurora's Angel
  • Submerge (Apalala Clan #3)
  • Her Client The Complete Series: Volume 1-7
  • Lena & Ivar (Viking Glory, #5)
  • Bare
  • Love Out of Order (Love Stories, #2)
  • Dreaming of Paradise
  • Thorned Heart (Famous)
  • One Wish
  • Twice Upon A Time
  • Holly & Ivy
  • Before You Say I Do
  • Jubilee Trail
California Dawes is a lover of romance, fantasy, mystery, and the allure of the open road. Her romances are always set in queernorm worlds where complex characters explore the depths of their desires, pursue the truth of their hearts, and sometimes fight some demons along the way.

She lives in the San Francisco area with two highly opinionated cats and the sweetest dog in the universe. When she's n