Start by marking “Killer Motive” as Want to Read:
Killer Motive

Killer Motive

When a nurse is murdered, Detective David Grant recognises the hallmarks of a serial killer called Travis.

Twenty-five years ago, Grant caught Travis for the murder of five women and the murderer has been incarcerated ever since. A frail sixty-year-old, Travis is in the terminal stages of cancer. The problem is, he was at the hospital in custody when the nurse was murdered.
Published November 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Killer Motive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer Motive

Start your review of Killer Motive
Sue
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
KILLER MOTIVE is the first book in a new crime thriller series by best-selling author Ann Girdharry. The series features Detective David Grant and a top criminal profiler, Ruby Silver. This police procedural is enhanced by providing the reader with greater insight into the mind and motive of a killer. This fascinates me, and I feel that this novel will be well received and appeal to a wide audience range.

When a nurse is murdered, Detective David Grant recognizes the hallmarks of a serial killer
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the total red-herring that Girdharry pushes the reader towards in this crime novel. However, it was such a forceful distraction that I found myself frustrated that I had guessed the conclusion of the novel so early on in my reading. Ok, so I was completely wrong yet, it meant that my overall enjoyment of the story had reduced.

There are strong characters within this novel. Ruby and Grant are the key protagonists and both take central stage for this murder investigation. Ruby’s past is
"Avonna
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Checkout all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

KILLER MOTIVE by Ann Girdharry is a riveting start to a new British crime thriller series. This new to me author had me intrigued with all her characters, on-the-edge-of-my-seat with her thriller plot and gave me a chilling in depth look into two serial killers.

DI David Grant is a 25 year veteran of the force with a stellar career and record. He is intelligent and dogged in his pursuit of the truth. When a nurse is found murdered,
Stacy
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book, in what I’m hoping turns into a long series, following DI David Grant and his team.

When an incarcerated serial killer from DI Grant’s past falls terminally ill and has to obtain treatment at the local hospital Grant seizes the opportunity to question him on two unsolved cases. Both the public and hospital staff are on edge but everything takes a turn for the worse when someone is brutally murdered in the same pattern. How can this be? A very frail Travis is being heavily
Chris Nolan
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a cracking start to this new series by Ann Girdharry! It is well-written, gripping from the outset and full of amazing twists and jaw-dropping moments. It would give too much away to comment on the plot; suffice it to say that DI David Grant is a fascinating character, and his relationship with Ruby the psychological profiler, which begins in this novel, is set to develop interestingly in forthcoming books. I loved it!
Adele Shea
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you want a book that keeps you guessing then look no further than Ann Girdharry's Killer Motive.
The characters are really likable, making you want to know what is about to happen in their lives next.
I am really looking forward to the next installment.
Em Yarnell
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is incredible. I loved the concept and the plot completely drew me in. The characters are complex and the way it looks at familial relationships, trauma and motive is just sublime. I know it's easy to say what a brilliant book it is and to say read it, but it truly is a phenominal story. At no point did I acutally have it all figured out and the pace and tension was at times almost intoxicating. I've read some of Anns other books before and this I think has to be her best yet!
Helen Petty
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An enthralling read for lovers of psychological thrillers.

Nurse Mandy Jones meets an undignified end at the hospital where she works.

The killing has started again.

Convicted psychopathic murderer Travis, known as the South Coast Killer, is now in the final stages of terminal cancer. Even in his last weeks of life Travis emits an air of control, playing the power game right to the end, reminding DI Grant of his failings to find all the missing girls from the case he worked on 25 years ago.

DI
Alyson Read
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twenty five years ago as a young detective DI David Grant was instrumental in the capture and conviction of serial killer Mike Travis, the notorious South Coast Killer, for the murders of five women. He has always believed there were more bodies. Now Travis is dying of cancer and has to be taken to a local hospital for treatment. Grant seizes the opportunity to question him for what may be the last time about the remaining missing women. Whilst Travis is undergoing treatment, a member of the ...more
Mel Mars
Jennifer Wertz
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Killer Motive. This book is suspensful and engaging. It is full of intrigue and adventure. There are so many twists and turns and red herrings that keep you guessing. The book is well written and detailed. I really like the characters. They are interesting. Ruby is wonderful. I can't wait to see what happens in the future in the next book in the series.
Terri
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely gripping! This first book about Detective David Grant, his team and profiler Ruby Silver had me turning the pages faster than normal. An excellent, well thought out story with great characters and clever plot lines. I am going really enjoy spending time with these characters and am waiting for the next instalment with bated breath.
Ellie Shepherd
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this particularly the police team and how they all got on, or not. I ended up staying up far too late so I could plow through it but didn't want it to end. Ann is such a talented author. You won't be disappointed.
Margaret
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love physiological thrillers and this is one of the best I have read. The start of the book is powerful and gives an idea what is to come. A nurse volunteers to look after a sick prisoner, Travis, a serial killer. I have read many books that have had me intrigued, thought I can usually guess what’s going to happen, how it’s going to end, well before the last page. This book was different, at no point did I know the ending! As the story unfolds; it made me think ‘Could Travis have committed the ...more
Preeti Chauhan
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Ageing Convicted Psychopath Travis is wheeled in to Hospital for treatment under heavy security for his end stage cancer .DI Grant thinks that this is a good opportunity for making Travis confess and give some information about the missing persons thought to have been murdered by Travis but for lack of concrete evidence he was not convicted for these murders .Travis proves that he has not lost his evil streak despite being weakened by prolonged and terminal illness and does not give any clues
Monica Mac
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, from start to finish. Initially when I read the synopsis, I wasn't entirely sure that this book was for me but I soon got swept up in the story.

The relationship that David Grant had with his team was really nice to read and he sounds like a top man and cop, someone steady, hard working and yet very human as well. Ruby and Soraya's friendship was explained well and Ruby herself really shone in this story. I also enjoyed the bond that David and Ruby started to build up and I am
Kate
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Killer Motiveis a brilliant start to a new series featuring Detective Grant and Ruby Silver. This is a police procedural with a twist as Ruby's role is not as a detective, but as a criminal psychologist. This gave me greater insight into the case that they were investigating and those who were suspects. I loved the way Ruby is welcomed to the team and begins to fit in with them and I look forward to seeing how her relationships with the team develop in future.

There are some sections ofKiller
Lynn
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has you thinking; “I know who is doing what, and where the story is going”; but you will be wrong!

The clever twists and turns will have you changing your mind, as more evidence emerges.

With a brilliant “back story” scanning several years, you will find yourself becoming totally immersed in the lives of the characters.

There is a brilliant “cast of characters” even though some you are going to dislike!

I would really love to read more from the characters different investigations.

This is my
Samantha Smith
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first novel I have read by this author and what a novel for me to start with!

A fast paced read that is full of suspense and intrigue and kept me turning the pages. The author has weaved a cast of well developed and interesting characters into a story which has you guessing and you think you have all figured out, but then throws you a curve ball. I loved the interaction between the characters and it will be interesting to see how this develops in the following books in the series.

A
Beccy Thompson
I received a copy of this book from TBC Reviewers request- Thank you
This is the start of a new series a police procedural with a bit of a twist as well as following the actual Detective (DI Grant) we also meet and follow Ruby Silver a psychologist. I really like the way Ann has woven the characters together throughout the book.
A well-written and researched storyline goes a long way to creating a good storyline and Ann has that in spades with this book!
A complex read that kept me gripped until
Asimah Akhtar
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have previously read and enjoyed the Kal Medi series by Anne Girdharry, so looked forward to reading a new detective series by her.

In Killer Motive we are introduced to Detective Grant and his team. A criminal profiler, Ruby Silver also joins the team.

The story begins when a nurse is murdered. Twenty-five years previously Grant arrested a man, Travis, who murdered five women. However, Travis is now in prison and receiving treatment for cancer at the same hospital the nurse was murdered.
Greta Halliday
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I grew to really like Ruby after not being really sure about her in the beginning. From someone who came over as being insecure and self conscious, as the story developed I began to admire her intelligence and tenacity to really go out and achieve her goals. It says an awful lot about her strength of character that she achieved what she did after the trauma of a tormented childhood. I would love another book featuring Ruby, her relationship as it developed with her brother and how her career ...more
Ruth Matheson
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When detective David Grant is given the opportunity of facing a dying serial killer whom he put behind bars many years before, he sees the chance to get the location of two of the bodies which were never found. Unfortunately a new. series of replica murders begins and it's Grant's job to stop them as quickly as he can. But is this possible? He gets the chance to bring in Ruby Silver, a young profiler who isn't all what she appears to be however proves to be a vital asset to the team.
I did work
Andy Thorn
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! Engaging writing: Check! Endearing complex characters: Check! A slick, satisfying plot: Check! This is a crime thriller that ticks all the boxes you would want it to. A gripping police procedural with a few unexpected twists and turns and a perfectly pitched conclusion. Ann Girdharry is not an author that I have read before but is certainly one I will read again. I can wholeheartedly recommend Killer Motive for thriller fans.
Marisa
Nov 04, 2019 added it
I was given a free copy of this book by the Author so that I could write an unbiased review. I really enjoyed it. It’s a detective story but the characters have interesting background stories. I didn’t pick who the killer was. I’m really looking forward to more books in the series to see how the relationships between Ruby and the other characters develop. If you like Micheal Robotham’s Joe O’Lachlans series you will enjoy this book.
Bobbi Wagner
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It is my first book by this author, I cant wait to see what she will have for us next. It is full of action, suspense and mystery. The twists and turns kept me turning pages and engaging. It is a well written story that took me on a journey of murder and who done it, kept me guessing for sure. Great characters that support each other and make the story flow. I highly recommend this book.
Lorrainet.Brettbtinternet.Com
Another great crime thriller from Ann Girdharry.
Full of drama, suspense ,twists and turns.
Love the dialogue from the killer , adding to the emotional roller coaster of this book.
It is definitely a page turner which I highly recommend.
I cannot wait to read about more crimes ;hopefully solved ; by DI Grant ,Ruby and the team.
I hope I do not wait too long for the next instalment.
Fantastic read
Josette Thomas
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author has me hooked! I read the other books by this author and they were brilliant. This group of detectives and Ruby make a great team for ferreting out information. When I got to the point of the many twists, I had been wrong on one of the twists from the beginning. All the characters are very real people. I am sure readers would be able to identify or know someone like the participants in the book. I can only hope there will be more books about these detectives.
Sam Harper
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC copy of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Have read a few of Ann’s books so knew I was in a a treat. But wow what a rollercoaster of a ride she takes you on. This novel literally grabs you by the throat from the first chapter until the last when you can finally breathe a sigh of relief that the murderer has been apprehended.
Brilliant plot line with strong likeable characters, the 2 main protagonists being the diligent Detective David Grant and the
Kristen
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book via The Book Club Reviewers Group on Facebook. This is the first book to a new series and the relationship of the main character, David Grant, has with the team he works with on this case has helped draw me into the story and wanting to read more in the series. The twists in the plot were just enough to keep me guessing and want to finish it quickly so I could find out if I was right but at the same time I wanted to delay the end ...more

• Twelve Days
  • Deadly Silence (Detective Jane Phillips, #1)
  • Devotion
  • Death track (Cavendish & Walker #3)
  • The Snow Killer (DI Barton, #1)
  • The Dark Path: a gripping crime thriller
  • Very Nearly Dead
  • Cold Echo
  • What I Did for Love
  • Nothing Important Happened Today
  • Dark Deception: a gripping psychological suspense thriller
  • MURDEROUS SECRETS (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #6)
  • A Simple Lie
  • How to kill your friends
  • These Little Lies (D.I. Siv Drummond #1)
  • Monkspike: You Are Not Forgiven
  • Their Last Breath
  • Savage Children (John Savage Action Thriller Book 3)
Ann Girdharry is a British, crime thriller author.

She is a trained psychotherapist and worked as a manager in the not-for-profit sector.

Her debut novel, Good Girl Bad Girl, is an ERIC HOFFER BOOK AWARD Finalist 2017 and a READERS' FAVOURITE Five Star Book.

Here are a few fun facts from Ann Girdharry -

I love to travel and visit different cultures. As an adult, I've lived in the USA, Norway, UK