Start by marking “Hold on to Hope” as Want to Read:
Hold on to Hope

Hold on to Hope

A best friends-to-lovers, stand-alone romance from New York Times Bestselling Author, A.L. Jackson . . .

Evan Bryant wasn't your typical hero.
But he was mine.
Broken by the worlds' standards, he was still the strongest boy I would ever know.
My best friend. The boy I'd given everything to. My heart, my body, and the promise of forever.
The day I'd needed him most, he walke
Published October 26th 2019 by A.L. Jackson Books Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Hold on to Hope, please sign up.

Start your review of Hold on to Hope
Michelle
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
A.L. Jackson
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: one-of-mine
NOW LIVE AND FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED! - A BEST FRIENDS-TO-LOVERS, STAND-ALONE ROMANCE

Get Your Copy Now: https://smarturl.it/HOTHAmzn2
Prefer audio? Sign up here: https://smarturl.it/AudioAlertAL
Signed Paperbacks or Pink Boxes: https://smarturl.it/HOTHPaperback

Enter the release giveaway!
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
HOLD-ON-TO-HOPE

HOLD ON TO HOPE Is a full length romance novel by author 'A.L. Jackson' Spoken in Dual POV's.

This book right here took me by surprise on so many levels, this wasn't your run of the mill second chance romance, it had so much more going on. I read this in one sitting, devoured it as fast as my eyes could read the words on the pages, the flow of the story was perfect, the characters were so easy to relate to, the emotional turmoil our heroine felt became my pain. This was so beautifully
Dilek VT
Oct 30, 2019 marked it as nope
Hero has a disability & illness, leaves the heroine for her own good so that he doesn't become a burden for her. He has a child from another woman and then comes back to the heroine.

No, thanks but no!

For further info, see this review:

Princess under cover
I had to create a new shelf called "bad writing" just for this book.

This author thinks sentence fragments are entire paragraphs and love to go pages and pages with sentence fragments. Yes she also writes in complete sentences, like 30% of the time!

No thank you.
Elizabeth
Oct 28, 2019 marked it as nope-nope-nope
Spoilers

I'm so tired of the I left you for your own good, please accept and support me with the baby I had with another woman now....I would punch him in the face tbh 🙃

At least she wasnt celibate I guess whatever
Betül
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

"Did you really think I loved you so little? That my love was so superficial that you could leave and I'd forget you? Did you really think you could erase the spot where you are carved inside of me?"

I love friends-to-lovers and second-chance romances, and when the lead characters are the kids from previous books (Fighting series book #1 and #2) I read and enjoyed, it brings me extra joy. I was pretty excited to get started on Hold on to Hope. The
Libby Harrison
Nope, I cant do it....I cant forgive him for running away

Also....there was no grovel from him because the stupid heroine dropped her panties for him as soon as she could (whilst she had a boyfriend)
London
Fuck off with this trash. The hero leaves the heroine before finding out that she’s pregnant and lost the baby. He leaves her because he has a medical condition he doesn’t want to burden her with or pass it on and yet the son of a bitch had no problem knocking up someone else that’s not his “soulmate”? What kind of garbage is this?? And the heroine is just totally fine that he left her but then had no issue fucking and getting someone else pregnant?? She holds no resentment or anger at all? Get ...more
Night reader
Oct 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Hold on to Hope. No, really. Hold the hope because this book is soooo bad.

I can't. i just can't.
It was just masochistic, Childish, unreasonable And plain dumb.

I won't even bother with spoilers.

The H is pathetic and the h is even worse. Seriously. It was so dumb

I would never forgive that kind of betrayal on all aspects.
Amy
Oct 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Drama & angst overload. This writing style isn’t for me. It was just too poetic using all these pretty words to describe Frankie & Evans feelings. I had zero compassion for Evan. His decision just to up and leave everyone because he felt like a burden and then comes back home after 3yrs of no contact because he needed help. Then Frankie who I could not stomach. She was so immature and had no backbone. She forgave him way too easy & takes him back within days of his return. ...more
Sabrina
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

This book was just too sweet! Evan and Frankie Leigh seriously gave me all the feels and I couldn't get over how cute they were together. Even during the heartbreaking moments when they weren't together after Evan left they still had so much chemistry and I was just begging the book to put them back together. They were true soulmates.

I'm not usually a fan of flashbacks in my books but in this story I adored every past moment we got to see with Frankie and Evan as k
AJ
4.5 “you are my favourite” stars

Oh, the feels! The epic, heartwrenching feels! I’ve been so eagerly awaiting this story, and I absolutely devoured it. Evan and Frankie Leigh’s beautiful second-chance, friends-to-lovers romance captured my heart, and I loved their story so much.

This book is a standalone, but it’s a spin off from the Fight For Me series. Frankie Leigh and Evan were introduced as children in that series (Frankie is the daughter of Rex from Show Me the Way and Evan is the son of Ho
Rachel K
Not a fan of the writing style. Too annoying and whiny (1st person). Prefer more substance, personally.

DNF.

Jennifer Kyle
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars ⭐️
Courtney
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A.L. Jackson has truly become a force to reckon with when it comes to contemporary romance books. This book is true contemporary romance but it does a bit of suspense that keeps readers vested in this story.

Hold On to Hope made me feel so much. The emotions these characters go through hit you directly in the heart. I won't give away much about Evan an Frankie Leigh because I feel that it's something readers should experience first-hand so the connection is stronger.

Something that really surprise
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 Unicorn & Froggy CROWNS

I love A.L. Jackson's style of writing. The emotional, angsty journey was great, and I loved the romance between these two. The second generation is off to a good start.

Evan is such a cute boy and he grew up to an amazing man. He, of course, made some foolish mistakes to protect those he loves, which lends to the conflict of the story, but overall he is likable, charming, and loves the heroine with his whole heart and soul.

Frankie is sti
Sentranced Jem
Jul 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
A friends to lovers love story? HELL YA!
Ambriehl Khalil
⭐️ [4.75/5 Stars] ⭐️

Aw hell. I don’t even know where to start.

One of my favourite tropes of all time—yes, I’m aware that I sound like a broken record at this point—is childhood love. When they grew up together/fell in love slowly over the years. Ugh. I could swoon. Add on second chance romance and I’m in heaven. This was beautiful. Honestly. I don’t really have any other words to explain it. This is my second book by this author and I loved the other one a lot, but this just blew me away. It was
Melissa B (bookaddict_fanatic)
I don't even know where to begin, except to say that Hold on to Hope was EVERYTHING!! This book was all the freaking STARS, all the freaking FEELS.... it made me laugh, made me cry and left me breathless! This was AL Jackson at her best..... with every page playing like a movie, vivid images and raw emotion that will leave you absolutely speechess! BEST FREAKING BOOK, TOP READ OF 2019 AND ONE I'LL RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE!!!!
Lu Bielefeld
3 ⭐⭐⭐ - OK decent reads.
=======================
Same old BS!

He’d left me three years ago, and still, I could feel him everywhere.

He’d left me when I’d needed him most. Destroyed and decimated.

Like fucking some other girl was going to erase the pain.

“I was lonely . . . drinking a bunch at that time. Think she liked that, too. Kind of became a thing. We’d get trashed and hook up.”

You up and left her without a word and then came riding back with a kid three years later.

Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: October 28, 2019
Actual Rating: 4.25 stars

Best Friends to Lovers | Standalone Romance

A.L. Jackson has a way with words and every time I open one of her books I quickly become immersed in her characters lives. Hold on to Hope is a gorgeous story, one that I wouldn't help but devour in one sitting. It's a bit of a longer novel but being so invested in the story made the pages fly. I loved the emotion, the way our hero isn't perfect in every form, and the coming together of two b
Sarah N
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, MY HEART!!! A.L. Jackson seriously gets me every time! This book has heart and soul, with a deep, undying, UNFATHOMABLE connection. All the stars, all the feels, all the amazingness!

Hold on to Hope has the perfect ratio of angst, heat, emotion, and a touch of suspense. I absolutely devoured the friends to lovers/second chance vibe, and hung on to every word, and loved every chapter. Author A.L. Jackson has an undeniable talent for injecting so much heart, and tying the reader to the charac
Sbell
1 "You are not my favorite" stars. I don't
even know where to start with this hot mess
of a book. There will be spoilers, and I know
that I am in the minority. I'm just going to tell
a few things that really bothered me.

-this book could have been done so much
better, if the characters would have interacted
more and lived in their heads less
-TOO flowery. It had pages and pages, and
pages, and pages of over the top flowery
love words, love expressions, the she is my
soul, he is my world, blah blah blah.
Amy
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

“Loving her had been the easiest thing in the world. Letting her go the most brutal.”

“My eyes climbed to hers as if they were searching through the rubble, fingers bloody and knees scraped from the time it had taken to claw my way back to her. I felt her life a goddamn stake to the heart. A scourge. A balm.”

“Love doesn’t work like that Frankie Leigh. We cut ourselves wide open when we love. Make ourselves vulnerable. Our hearts reliant on the other.”

A heartbreakingly beautiful second
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
I don’t know how to be in your space and not want you, Evan. I don’t remember how not to be yours.”

Poignant. Powerful. Gripping. And utterly heart wrenching. AL Jackson knows how to create words that get into her readers souls. I swear. There's just something about stories that just stick with you. And there is no better example of it than with this book.

Evan first stole my heart a sweet little boy that was battling for his life in Follow Me Back. As a grown man, he was abso
Elenasbookblog
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You can also read my review here: http://elenasbookblog.com/new-review-...

A.L. Jackson is one of the best authors knowing how to write young characters. Why am I starting my review with this? Because Evan and Frankie Leigh had stolen our hearts since they were kids in the “Fight for Me” series. I rooted for their story but never expected the depth of their love! This book is full of emotions that will grip your heart start to finish!

Evan and Frankie Leigh have been best friends forever. They hav
Kim
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This features children from the Fight for Me series. We fell in love with Frankie Leigh and Evan in their parent's stories and now they are all grown up and dealing with their own heartbreak.

Frankie Leigh and Evan were best friends since childhood and had become more, until one day Evan walked out and left them all behind and heartbroken. Frankie Leigh and his parents have suffered from his loss and missed him every day.

But three years later, they are unprepared to see him arrive back in town.
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„You find your purpose when your love for someone else becomes bigger than your fears.”

A.L. Jackson always makes an emotional wreck from me and I come back for more every single time. Her books are one of those that touch your soul with their beauty. You absorb every word like a sponge and you have an instant and undying love for the characters. It’s exactly the same with Hold On to Hope. This story is heartbreakingly beautiful, captivating and totally unforgettable. Evan and Frankie have stolen
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"I don't know how to be in your space and not want you, Evan. I don't remember how not to be yours."

Might as well just lay my heart on the ground at the author's feet. Hold on to Hope made me feel every emotion a time or twenty. I probably looked like a theater arts student practicing pantomime as I read this heartbreaking story. One moment giggling at the banter between awesome support characters and the next giving a good gasping guppy impression as the rug was pulled out from beneath me.

Y

• Release
  • Come Back for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Breaker
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Wait for Me
  • Dirty Letters
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Stay With Me (Hope Valley Book 5)
  • Enemies
  • Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet Book 1)
  • If It's Only Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor #6)
  • Fight for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #2)
  • Dear Ava
  • (Not) The One
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet #2)
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance. She writes emotional, sexy, heart-filled stories about boys who usually like to be a little bit bad.

Her bestselling series include THE REGRET SERIES, CLOSER TO YOU, BLEEDING STARS, FIGHT FOR ME, CONFESSIONS OF THE HEART, and FALLING STARS novels. Grab her latest stand-alone, FALLING INTO YOU, free with Kind

News & Interviews

“You find your purpose when your love for someone else becomes bigger than your fears.” 1 likes
“She was mine.
Same way as she’d always been. Same way as I was always going to be here.”
0 likes