Start by marking “Hold on to Hope” as Want to Read:
Hold on to Hope

Hold on to Hope

A best friends-to-lovers, stand-alone romance from New York Times Bestselling Author, A.L. Jackson . . .

Evan Bryant wasn't your typical hero.
But he was mine.
Broken by the worlds' standards, he was still the strongest boy I would ever know.
My best friend. The boy I'd given everything to. My heart, my body, and the promise of forever.
The day I'd need
Published October 26th 2019 by A.L. Jackson Books Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Hold on to Hope, please sign up.

Start your review of Hold on to Hope
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
HOLD-ON-TO-HOPE

HOLD ON TO HOPE Is a full length romance novel by author 'A.L. Jackson' Spoken in Dual POV's.

This book right here took me by surprise on so many levels, this wasn't your run of the mill second chance romance, it had so much more going on. I read this in one sitting, devoured it as fast as my eyes could read the words on the pages, the flow of the story was perfect, the characters were so easy to relate to, the emotional turmoil our heroine felt became my pain. This was so beautifully writ
A.L. Jackson
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: one-of-mine
NOW LIVE AND FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED! - A BEST FRIENDS-TO-LOVERS, STAND-ALONE ROMANCE

Get Your Copy Now: https://smarturl.it/HOTHAmzn2
Prefer audio? Sign up here: https://smarturl.it/AudioAlertAL
Signed Paperbacks or Pink Boxes: https://smarturl.it/HOTHPaperback

Enter the release giveaway!
Michelle
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Betül
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

"Did you really think I loved you so little? That my love was so superficial that you could leave and I'd forget you? Did you really think you could erase the spot where you are carved inside of me?"

I love friends-to-lovers and second-chance romances, and when the lead characters are the kids from previous books (Fclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
"Did
Dilek VT
Oct 30, 2019 marked it as nope
Hero has a disability & illness, leaves the heroine for her own good so that he doesn't become a burden for her. He has a child from another woman and then comes back to the heroine.

No, thanks but no!

For further info, see this review:

Sabrina
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

This book was just too sweet! Evan and Frankie Leigh seriously gave me all the feels and I couldn't get over how cute they were together. Even during the heartbreaking moments when they weren't together after Evan left they still had so much chemistry and I was just begging the book to put them back together. They were true soulmates.

I'm not usually a fan of
AJ
4.5 “you are my favourite” stars

Oh, the feels! The epic, heartwrenching feels! I’ve been so eagerly awaiting this story, and I absolutely devoured it. Evan and Frankie Leigh’s beautiful second-chance, friends-to-lovers romance captured my heart, and I loved their story so much.

This book is a standalone, but it’s a spin off from the Fight For Me series. Frankie Leigh and Evan were introduced as children in that series (Frankie is the daughter of Rex from Show Me the Way and Evan is the son of Hope from Follow Me Back), both
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars ⭐ ...more
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
A friends to lovers love story? HELL YA!
Courtney
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A.L. Jackson has truly become a force to reckon with when it comes to contemporary romance books. This book is true contemporary romance but it does a bit of suspense that keeps readers vested in this story.

Hold On to Hope made me feel so much. The emotions these characters go through hit you directly in the heart. I won't give away much about Evan an Frankie Leigh because I feel that it's something readers should experience first-hand so the connection is stronger.

Someth
Elizabeth
Oct 28, 2019 marked it as nope-nope-nope
Spoilers

I'm so tired of the I left you for your own good, please accept and support me with the baby I had with another woman now....I would punch him in the face tbh 🙃

At least she wasnt celibate I guess whatever
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: October 28, 2019
Actual Rating: 4.25 stars

Best Friends to Lovers | Standalone Romance

A.L. Jackson has a way with words and every time I open one of her books I quickly become immersed in her characters lives. Hold on to Hope is a gorgeous story, one that I wouldn't help but devour in one sitting. It's a bit of a longer novel but being so invested in the story made the pages fly. I loved the emotion, the way our hero isn't perfect in every form, and the coming tog/>/>
Melissa B
I don't even know where to begin, except to say that Hold on to Hope was EVERYTHING!! This book was all the freaking STARS, all the freaking FEELS.... it made me laugh, made me cry and left me breathless! This was AL Jackson at her best..... with every page playing like a movie, vivid images and raw emotion that will leave you absolutely speechess! BEST FREAKING BOOK, TOP READ OF 2019 AND ONE I'LL RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE!!!!
Night reader
Oct 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Hold on to Hope. No, really. Hold the hope because this book is soooo bad.

I can't. i just can't.
It was just masochistic, Childish, unreasonable And plain dumb.

I won't even bother with spoilers.

The H is pathetic and the h is even worse. Seriously. It was so dumb

I would never forgive that kind of betrayal on all aspects.
Libby Harrison
Nope, I cant do it....I cant forgive him for running away

Also....there was no grovel from him because the stupid heroine dropped her panties for him as soon as she could (whilst she had a boyfriend)
Sarah N
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, MY HEART!!! A.L. Jackson seriously gets me every time! This book has heart and soul, with a deep, undying, UNFATHOMABLE connection. All the stars, all the feels, all the amazingness!

Hold on to Hope has the perfect ratio of angst, heat, emotion, and a touch of suspense. I absolutely devoured the friends to lovers/second chance vibe, and hung on to every word, and loved every chapter. Author A.L. Jackson has an undeniable talent for injecting so much heart, and tying the reader to the charac
Amy
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

“Loving her had been the easiest thing in the world. Letting her go the most brutal.”

“My eyes climbed to hers as if they were searching through the rubble, fingers bloody and knees scraped from the time it had taken to claw my way back to her. I felt her life a goddamn stake to the heart. A scourge. A balm.”

“Love doesn’t work like that Frankie Leigh. We cut ourselves wide open when we love. Make ourselves vulnerable. Our hearts reliant on the other.
Amy
Oct 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Drama & angst overload. This writing style isn’t for me. It was just too poetic using all these pretty words to describe Frankie & Evans feelings. I had zero compassion for Evan. His decision just to up and leave everyone because he felt like a burden and then comes back home after 3yrs of no contact because he needed help. Then Frankie who I could not stomach. She was so immature and had no backbone. She forgave him way too easy & takes him back within days of his return.
Rachel K
Not a fan of the writing style. Too annoying and whiny (1st person). Prefer more substance, personally.

DNF.

MJ
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books, arc
No one writes heartbreak combined with an all-consuming love quite like AL Jackson does. With Hold on to Hope, the rich emotions bleed off of every single page and I felt each and every one. The friends to lovers story of Evan and Frankie-Leigh was clearly written in the stars they wished upon with hands clasped so long ago. Even from the very start, as Jackson seamlessly provides us with just enough of the past as children with the present as 20somethings, these two had a connection even their ...more
Kim
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This features children from the Fight for Me series. We fell in love with Frankie Leigh and Evan in their parent's stories and now they are all grown up and dealing with their own heartbreak.

Frankie Leigh and Evan were best friends since childhood and had become more, until one day Evan walked out and left them all behind and heartbroken. Frankie Leigh and his parents have suffered from his loss and missed him every day.

But three years later, they are unprepared to see him arrive back in town. A
Elenasbookblog
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You can also read my review here: http://elenasbookblog.com/new-review-...

A.L. Jackson is one of the best authors knowing how to write young characters. Why am I starting my review with this? Because Evan and Frankie Leigh had stolen our hearts since they were kids in the “Fight for Me” series. I rooted for their story but never expected the depth of their love! This book is full of emotions that will grip your heart start to finish!

Evan and Frankie Leigh have been best friends forever. They have grown up together
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„You find your purpose when your love for someone else becomes bigger than your fears.”

A.L. Jackson always makes an emotional wreck from me and I come back for more every single time. Her books are one of those that touch your soul with their beauty. You absorb every word like a sponge and you have an instant and undying love for the characters. It’s exactly the same with Hold On to Hope. This story is heartbreakingly beautiful, captivating and totally unforgettable. Evan and Frankie hav
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"I don't know how to be in your space and not want you, Evan. I don't remember how not to be yours."

Might as well just lay my heart on the ground at the author's feet. Hold on to Hope made me feel every emotion a time or twenty. I probably looked like a theater arts student practicing pantomime as I read this heartbreaking story. One moment giggling at the banter between awesome support characters and the next giving a good gasping guppy impression as the rug was pulled out from beneath me.

Ye
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ Stars

This story is packed full of lots of different emotions with so many twists and turns and with angst galore pouring from every page. It is a swoon-worthy epic that will keep you guessing right until the very end. A fantastic book that will stay with me for a long time to come.

I adored the characters of Evan and Frankie Leigh, the author has captured them so well. I was instantly invested in this amazing story of love, loss, guilt and redemption. The characters are
Marybeth
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the stars in the sky!!!! Absolute perfection! I could not put this book down.
I was not sure exactly what I was expecting going in to a grown up Frankie Leigh and Evan’s story but words cannot accurately express the range of emotions I felt while reading their heartbreakingly beautiful, forever love story. It was so nice to revisit with Hope & Kale and Rynna & Rex too!
A.L. Jackson’s style is like no other and she clearly put her heart and soul into this book like she always does. He
Becca
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I FLOVED THIS BOOK HARD!!! Evan has returned home and there are so many questions that come home with him. Shock is a mild word for how everyone feels. Especially the girl he left behind.

This book is full of angst and rollercoaster emotions. AL Jackson is a master of poetic novels. This book just pulls you in and you feel like your floating along with every breath and every word spoken.

Definitely a top read for 2019.
~Dawn~TUG
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. Heartfelt, worthy, emotional, mystery, first live and second chances. A family that loves beyond all measure. A.L Jackson’s words were powerfully packed one moment and a soothing balm the next. She played with every emotion all while keeping the story intriguing, painting a picture with her words that you felt to your soul. I totally connected with the characters and wanted for them completely. Another emotionally charged love story that will keep you on your toes an ...more
Konny
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hold on to Hope. " Unicorn girl let's soar for the stars. "
Evan and Franie's story is hauntingly beautiful, raw and gritty and heart wrenchingly tragic.
I devoured this book in one sitting, I simply couldn't put it down.
I loved the characters and their story, I loved the beutiful story and the unique storyline.
I recommend Hold on to Hope.
5 Stars.
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
I don’t know how to be in your space and not want you, Evan. I don’t remember how not to be yours.”

Poignant. Powerful. Gripping. And utterly heart wrenching. AL Jackson knows how to create words that get into her readers souls. I swear. There's just something about stories that just stick with you. And there is no better example of it than with this book.

Evan first stole my heart a sweet little boy that was battling for his life in Follow Me Back. As a grown man, he was absolutely devastating. He and FrankieSTARS

• Breaker
  • Dirty Letters
  • Jack & Sadie
  • Truly Yours: Mason & Sophie, #2 (Roommate Duet, #4)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Truly Mine: Mason & Sophie, #1 (Roommate Duet, #3)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals #4)
  • Jordyn's Army
  • Just Ten Seconds
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Taming My Whiskey (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #6)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Lies
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance. She writes emotional, sexy, heart-filled stories about boys who usually like to be a little bit bad.

Her bestselling series include THE REGRET SERIES, CLOSER TO YOU, and BLEEDING STARS novels.

PIECES OF US is her latest. A second chance romance that will leave you begging for more!

Keep an eye
“You find your purpose when your love for someone else becomes bigger than your fears.” 0 likes
“She was mine.
Same way as she’d always been. Same way as I was always going to be here.”
0 likes