Start by marking “The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet #1)

The Kingmaker

(All the King's Men Duet #1)

I'm a wolf in wolf’s clothing, and I’ll consume her if she lets me.

Ambition. Passion. Betrayal.

Rita Award-winning author Kennedy Ryan delivers the epic first installment of the All the King's Men Duet.

Raised to rule, bred to lead and weaned on a diet of ruthless ambition.

My
Published October 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Kingmaker, please sign up.

Start your review of The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet #1)
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

THE KINGMAKER is LIVE & FREE in KU!
🖤Special release price:  $2.99 Ends this week*
(Check price before purchasing)

Thinking about this book and how I felt reading the opening chapters of the story gives me goose bumps.

Kennedy has gone and done it again. ♡ When I begin one of her stories, I know I’ll be taken on a special journey. She has a gift for pushing the boundary of romance novels, exploring important and sensiti
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
AHHHH!!! You guys!! Kennedy Ryan just dropped the boom mic heard 'round the world. The Kingmaker was absolutely incredible!! Maxim and Lennix were pure fiery intensity. Their story was so powerful and heartfelt that I felt every word straight down to my core. This novel was truly magnificent and is a gamechanger to be reckoned with!

Without giving away ANY spoilers, just know that like in every Kennedy Ryan book, I was spellbound from the very first page. I fell in love with Maxim Cad
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
When Maxim Kingman Cade says "Some people leave an impression, but Lennix left her mark on me. Shaped like a star"
He is mouthing my words and the object of admiration is Kennedy "The Queen" Ryan. And add about 5 stars while you're at it!!
"Injustice never rest and neither will I"
Kennedy treads off the beaten path, finds new subject matters and infuses them with her trademark passion to make memorable tales highlighting social injustices wrapped in love stories.
A powerful story honoring the legends and legacy ofit!!
Malene
The Kingmaker is an epic love story that spans over a decade. When a story spans over such a long time I need a foundation for the two main characters to hold my attention. That foundation is laid in the author’s notes and when Lennix meets Maxim when she’s 17. An encounter that leaves an everlasting impression on both of them. A match has been struck and the flame keeps simmering until they meet again years later.
Their connection is immediate and so on point from their first meeting and even more palpable
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

GIMMIE, GIMMIE, GIMMIE!

Book 1 in duet
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
𝙋𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧. 𝙋𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣. 𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙖𝙡.
Raised to rule, bred to lead and weaned on a diet of ruthless ambition. In a world of haves and have nots, my family has it all, and I want nothing to do with it.
My path takes me far from home and paints me as the black sheep. At odds with my father, I’m determined to build my own empire. I have rules, but Lennix Hunter is the exception to every one of them. Fro|
𝙋𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧.duet
LIVE!class="gr-hostedUserImg">
GIMMIE,
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***Available Now ****

5+ WARRIOR CROWNS

Phew! Every single time I read a Kennedy Ryan book, I sit down my kindle after the final page and just blink in awe, awe of her talent, her wordsmithing, her ability to weave such urgent social issues, unseen social injustices with these epic romances. I walk away from every one of her books with a new understanding, a new need to help, a new need to share my newfound knowledge, and, last but not least, a new couple to exemplify REAL
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
THE-KINGMAKER

'THE KINGMAKER' is the first full length romance book in Kennedy Ryan's 'All The Kings Men' duet. In this we're introduced to Lennix & Maxim. Broken up into 3 parts and is spoken in 'Dual Perspectives'

𝙋𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧. 𝙋𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣. 𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙖𝙡 ...
As soon as I started this I was beyond HOOKED!! And I have questioned myself numerous times whilst reading this, why I haven't read anything previous by this author, because this book right here was AMAZING!!

𝗨𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗬 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗤𝗨𝗘, 𝗨𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗟𝗬 𝗨𝗡𝗣𝗨𝗧𝗗𝗢𝗪𝗡𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘, 𝗨𝗡𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗩𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗬 𝗨𝗡𝗥𝗜𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗!!
The Book Bee
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW: 4.5 STARS
"If a kiss has a taste, it tastes like this. Hunger flavored with yearning and spiced with desperation."

Kennedy Ryan amazes me and this story is yet another reason why she sits on my Favorite Authors list. She gets in the trenches of a subject, pulls out all the knowledge - big and small - and then basically manipulates my emotions with an honest truth. I know I will sit amongst the many other raving reviews out there, and many will want a more diverse review with some negatives and positi
Kennedy Ryan
Oct 05, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
🖤 THE KINGMAKER is LIVE & FREE in KU! 🖤
Special release price:  $2.99! Ends this week! (Check price before purchasing)

"𝙄 𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙙𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙢𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙪𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚𝙙...𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙄."

✔ #FREE w/Kindle Unlimited Subscription
✔ Alpha Male + Alpha Female
✔ Passion spanning 4 continents & 20 years
✔ 2 fighter-dreamers determined to change the world!
✔ Enemies-to-Lovers + Second Chance Romance
🖤 THE KINGMAKER is LIVE & FREE in KU! 🖤
Special release price:  $2.99! Ends this week! (Check price before purchasing)

✔ #FREE w/Kindle Unlimited Subscription
✔ Alpha Male + Alpha Female
✔ Passion spanning 4 continents & 20 years
✔ 2 fighter-dreamers determined to change the world!
✔ Enemies-to-Lovers + Second Chance Romance

#ProTip: If you don't want to read book 1 until book 2 releases in 3 weeks, grab it now ON RELEASE SALE, and then just hoard it until Book 2 releases on Nov 18.

Or read and wait! Options!  ;-)

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐑, 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏
♛ Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2pRgXDA
♛ Amazon Worldwide: mybook.to/TheKingmakerKindle
♛ Audio Alert: subscribepage.com/audiolisteners
(LIVE in just days!)
GRs GIVEAWAY: win a signed copy of THE KINGMAKER
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Exquisite” Stars

What a magnificent read I just finished. It was packed with emotion, heart, knowledge, and filled with a spectacular and powerful romance. It was an epic read that gripped my soul because of the moving and intelligent words that spins from this author’s talented fingers.

Lennix and Maxim meet each other at age 17 and 24. It’s not the right time but their paths do cross again at 21 and
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐑, 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏

♛ Amazon Worldwide: mybook.to/RebelKingKindle

Read the first EXCERPT from THE KINGMAKER

GRs GIVEAWAY: win a signed copy of THE KINGMAKER

5 STARS

"She's left her mark on me.And it's shaped like a star."

Such a beautiful,powerful and addictive story!The romance is heavy,intense and hot!The characters were strong and original, everything about this story was fantastic.I devour it and I can't for more!I cannot wait to get my hands in the next book!

"If a kiss has a color , this one is the muted
Franci Neill
5 Can They Have a Forever Stars!!!

This book is one of the most powerful books I’ve ever read. This shouldn’t surprise me though because whenever I pickup a book by Ms. Ryan my life is transformed. I’ve been wanting to read this book since she first started talking about it. I had absolutely no intentions of reading it in one sitting that’s for sure. But when I got home from work on a Friday night after a very long and frustrating week at work, I was exhausted and ready to go to bed early….all that wen
Hulya Kara Yuksel

Another terrific story from my favorite author and I'm already excited for the next book! 😊😊😊

😍😍😍
*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ❤

-----------------------------

-Cover Revealed-

Entertainment Exclusive 🤗🤗🤗

Expected publication: October 27th 2019
Amy | Foxy Blogs
EARLY RELEASE: https://amzn.to/32PCX0d

description

Can you see me? Because I don’t think you can.

Holy smokes! This book blew me away! It’s not very often a book comes along that makes you want to be a better person. Makes you want to stand up and fight injustice. Makes you want to make the world a better place for all people to coexist.

The Kingmaker has bee
arini
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#1 the kingmaker — 4.5 stars
#2 the rebel king (tbr)

💎 if i was as rich as maxim, i would send out a copy of this book to every single hopeless romantic fool out there as an early christmas present. unfortunately as it's not the case, i can only tell you that you should definitely add this book to your tbr. if you already did, then you should prioritize it.

💎 yes, my friends, this book is that good. this author did it again!! she really killed it with this new duet. im now officially trash for her empowering portrayal of female
TeriLyn
5 "I want the girl who chases stars." Stars

Kennedy Ryan possesses a gift. A gift she so willingly and brilliantly shares with the world. This gift is an innate calling to tell painful, important, beautiful love stories surrounding sensitive topics we should all be talking about with the utmost conviction, honesty, and passion.

Her gift extends to the deepest parts of her characters hearts and souls to provide a truly fitting romance set against message Ryan wants to explore and the feelings she wan
Wil Loves Books!
This is a must read!!!

Wow, just wow! Kennedy has done it again. She seriously doesn’t disappoint and has truly become one of my favorite authors and a go-to for diverse, woc stories. The Kingmaker is one seriously epic story. I was captivated from beginning to end by the beautiful writing and the amazing storytelling.

The storyline is fresh and original, it’s also full of current and social issues that need to be written about. Lenix is definitely everything I look for in a heroine,
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
This book is ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. It deserves all the stars and all the love. I haven’t felt this giggly and excited about a read in a while, but The Kingmaker blew. me. away. It’s sexy, smart, aware – I LOVED the way Kennedy Ryan blended the romance and politics. Also… Maxim and Lennix were on fire together!!! This book without a doubt is definitely going on my best of 2019 list and right now I’m willing to do anything to get my hands on the sequel.

It’s been a while since my last Ke
Berry ♡ Nice
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE STARS ☆☆☆☆☆

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐑, 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 Audiobook is LIVE!!!
Beautifully narrated by Jason Clarke & Jo Raylan

Kennedy Ryan's writing is outstanding. She gives us stories that fill our hearts with love and our minds with hope. Stories that are felt and leave a lasting impression.

The Kingmaker is exquisite, unique, meaningful and sexy. A highly anticipated read that was everything and more. I h
Myla
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Kennedy Ryan has once again, not failed to enrapture me with her words. The world goes on pause when I read her books. As I was reading, I was so utterly absorbed with each page - trying to figure out what was going to happen next. The characters are so rich and full of life.

Lennix a heroine with strength, determination, and fight. While Maxim in spite of having everything at the palm of his hand he chooses a different path that is more fulfilling and also a dangerous one too.

The story of Lenn
Eva
Update: So hero has sex with TONS of women (after being with the heroine and claiming to madly love her) but she has BAD sex with ONE guy after giving her virginity to the hero? HOW ORGINAL. Dear author, women are perfectly capable of enjoying sex with men who are not the so called love of their life-we also have needs. Lets stop with the double standards.

Sounds very terrible and unsafe according to this review

Sounds very terrible and unsafe according to this review

- cliché, predictable, insta-love, underdeveloped romance, info dumping
- Also he says he will wait for her and loves her a lot but screws multiple women (wow) and we get a lot of details. Many women talk about how he fucked them so hard and well. Is that meant to make him more attractive to us? Is it supposed to be a turn on that the man I love and the man who claims to love me can't keep it in his pants and shares the same passion (that he falsely says he only feels with me) with every other women in the world?

More reviews -
Melanie (mells_view)
3.5

Kennedy Ryan has once again penned a push and pull romantic love story, with deeper meaning weaved easily throughout the pages. This one isn’t just romantic love. It’s a love for people, for culture, for family, for the future generations. It’s a great story, but I did have a few issues with it holding my interest. Kennedy is a great writer/storyteller, but there was a little too much building in this book. I suppose I should have suspected that since it’s a duet, but it was just a lot for m
Lauren Luman
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure where to start with this review. Every time I read a Kennedy Ryan book, I feel like I've just read the most powerfully passionate and unique story.

Ryan continues her beautifully shameless crusade to center marginalized populations as her main characters. Lennix is undoubtedly one of the strongest heroines I've read. Literally a warrior. As a Yavapai-Apache tribe member, she fights any group or corporation who dares to disturb Indigenous peoples and their sacred land. She
Curlyhairlass19
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Oh my wow! 6 stars for The Kingmaker!

“You’re a wolf in wolf’s clothing. You’ll want everything.”

Hello Maxim Kingsman Cade. Where have you been all my life? This book..this BOOK! What an ending! I can’t even see straight. Kennedy Ryan speaks such power into her characters, and through her words. I am hooked!

I love that this story spans 14 years. So much history. Secrets, lies and Politics make a delicious tale. I will probably come back and write a proper review as I am s
Anna Banana
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poc-heroines

Am I being punk'd right now? Because there is no way this was written by the same author who wrote the amazing Hoops series...

This book was sooo cliched and had absolutely no development between the characters or the romance it honestly read like one of those cliched, insta-lovey billionaire romances that used to be a huge thing back in the "50 shades" era.

It's clear the author did her research about
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars ⭐ ...more
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Intelligent, Important , Empowering. The Kingmaker is absolutely breathtaking!

The subject matter, the characters, the themes are all so intricately woven together to create a beautiful experience that is truly unforgettable. Kennedy Ryan’s writing steals my breath! I want to luxuriate in her beautiful words. They jump off the page and create such a brilliantly beautiful and vibrant world for the reader. It’s simply stunning and downright awe inspiring.

Oh, but don’t think she skimped
Chelé
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How does one keep setting a bar so extremely high and then pole vaults over said  bar like it's absolutely nothing? I'm going to be completely honest and let you know that I have no earthly idea how to write a review for this book.  I texted Kennedy the second I finished reading The Kingmaker and my first word was SPEECHLESS. I was moved, I learned so much, I felt everything and this book is a GAME CHANGER  in every sense of the word, I am astounded.....it only solidifies what we already knew wh ...more
Carla Bulian
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is beautiful!
I loved the characters, story, everything!!!
It’s worth the reading!!!!
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Kennedy Ryan is easily one of my favorite writers today because she not only delivers the most devastatingly delicious love stories but she's just so damn SMART. She invites real world issues into her romances and sees her characters through complicated personal journeys, through intensely romantic strife, while brilliantly illustrating women's issues, social injustices, and inequality. She writes unforgettable, soul searing love stories while highlighting social themes that are both relevant and impo ...more

• Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Dirty Letters
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Forever and Never (Magnolia Cove, #2)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Pour Judgment
  • Feast of Sparks (Thornchapel, #2)
  • The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals #4)
  • Never Got Over You

AMAZON:

FACEBOOK:
www.facebook.com/KennedyRyanAuthor/

INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/kennedyryan1/

KENNEDY RYAN BOOKS - https://www.facebook.com/groups/68160...

I write contemporary romance and women's fiction. I always give my characters their

All the King's Men Duet (2 books)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet #2)
“My mother's story has no end. Her life was interrupted mid-sentence -a dangling participle. An infinite etcetera of dots, but no period.” 2 likes
“If a kiss has a color, this one is the muted shades of the sky overhead, a ménage à trois of midnight and indigo and moonshine silver. If a kiss has a sound, this one is the concert of our breaths and sighs and moans. If a kiss has a taste, it tastes like this. Hunger flavored with yearning and spiced with desperation.” 1 likes