Start by marking “Servant, Mercenary, Brother: A Collection of Dresden Jakobs Vignettes Vol. I” as Want to Read:
Servant, Mercenary, Brother: A Collection of Dresden Jakobs Vignettes Vol. I

Servant, Mercenary, Brother: A Collection of Dresden Jakobs Vignettes Vol. I

When Dresden Jakobs' parents moved to Monparth, they wanted a better life for their children. Indenturing their young son for ten years to some nobleman so they could pay their debts wasn't the plan. But Regulus Hargreaves isn't at all what Dresden expected. Is it possible for a master and servant to be friends? This prequel novella to Prince of Shadow and Ash (coming ...more
Published October 25th 2019 by Wyvern Wing Press

To ask other readers questions about Servant, Mercenary, Brother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Servant, Mercenary, Brother

Start your review of Servant, Mercenary, Brother: A Collection of Dresden Jakobs Vignettes Vol. I
Selina Gonzalez
Oct 26, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written
Eeehhhhh look! I have a book I wrote listed on Goodreads! :D
Nathaniel
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. I read it to decide whether or not I wanted to pick up her novel and now I'm excited to see what comes of her writing. This was told in such a fun way and the characters were amazing. It was limited as a short collection of stories but I think this world has a lot of potential!
Jenni Sauer
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing and Dresden and Regulus' friendship/brotherhood is amazing!! It's fun, it has heart, it made me cry, has just enough action.

I can't believe this is just the book that's supposed to get you excited about the novel that's coming. I seriously have a book hangover from this. I need more! I can't believe I have to wait until next summer to read more of there story! I will definitely be rereading this one again to tide me over
Abigail
What an utterly perfect little book oh my word
Verity Buchanan
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dresden is awesome.
Teresa
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An encouraging tale of true friendship and loyalty.
Cath (Cather.reads)
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
If I did half stars this would be more of a 3.5, I just decided to round it up cause I want to be nice. I’m just a bit of a picky reader.
I liked Dresden as a character, although I wish that he made more effort to find his family. They just kinda dropped through the cracks and despite the first story he really didn’t seem to care about them that much. That bothered me a lot and I can’t write a review without mentioning it.
Regulus reads too much like he’s supposed to be the love interest (he’s “
Maegan
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall I really enjoyed this small collection of stories as an introduction to these characters. I really like Regulus's sense of honor and his good friendship with the Dresden. Although sometimes I think Regulus takes too much punishment for Dresden.
The big thing that bugged me is after Dresden left his family there was no talk about them even though it seemed like he would miss them a lot. I hope they are brought up in the book series.
Charlotte Weme
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
I LOVED IT! The writing, the feelings, the characters and the descriptions of everything! Definitely picking up her novel when it releases ...more
Parker "Poodle"
Jan 23, 2020
Ellery  Mar Connor
Jan 26, 2020

• Dear Author: Letters from a Bookish Fangirl
  • The Reluctant Godfather (The Tales of Ambia, #1)
  • The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • The Goose Girl (The Books of Bayern, #1)
  • North! or Be Eaten (The Wingfeather Saga, #2)
  • Advanced Potion Making
  • The Nine Lands
  • Traitor's Blade (Greatcoats, #1)
  • Emmanuel
  • In Plain Sight (Arcane Casebook #1)
  • Penny Saving Household Helper: 500 Little Ways to Save Big
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer (the Graphic Novel)
  • Fairest Son
  • Seventh City
  • Don't Panic: The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Companion
  • Sparkling Cyanide  (Colonel Race, #4)
  • The Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1)
  • Emma's Ghost
Selina R. Gonzalez loves chocolate, gummy worms, fantasy novels, medieval European history, travel, Britain, snark, fangirling, and things that sparkle–not in that order.

When she's not reading, writing, painting, sharing terrible puns, playing with her family's dogs, or taking photos for her bookstagram, Selina works as a material handler at her city library.

Her upcoming release, Prince of Shadow