Start by marking “Connectivity” as Want to Read:
Connectivity

Connectivity

(British Isles Billionaires #1)

REVISED and with a brand-new Bonus Chapter!

One career-driven American ready to climb the career ladder. A reserved British billionaire with no desire for romantic entanglements. But when this assistant and boss are brought together by fate, will falling in love be the only option?

Mary-Kate Grant has followed every rule to the letter to pursue her dream of working in TV.
Published November 8th 2019 (first published October 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Connectivity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Connectivity

Start your review of Connectivity
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
**** 4 1/2 Love Connecting Stars ****

Book provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

I just have to say, for this being the author's first book, that this story blew my mind away! I couldn't get enough of Mary Kate and William. From MK's klutzy ways to William's cute banter. This was a love story to top love stories!

I think I have found a new author to follow now and can't wait to see what else is in the works for her.

Mary Kate works at CME (Collective Media Enterprises) as an assistant
Sophie
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Posted in full http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2015...

I love that moment where you read a new-to-you author for the first time and know there’s the promise of many more beautiful books from them to come. Connectivity is Aven Ellis’ debut novel, though she has since released three more and after several gentle hints to get my act together and read them, I chose to start with Connectivity. I have to remind myself that this is just Aven’s first novel because this suggests that her other novels
Simona
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reading
I just LOVED re-reading this beauty!!!! <3

Merged review:

*Book provided by author in exchange for an honest review and I also won the book again.*

First I have to say, that I think the cover is really beautiful. The colour is magical and I just love everything about it.

Mary-Kate is a career driven 24 year old with a lot of ambition, drive and enthusiasm. She is a talented writer and has a blog. Her career is the most important thing for her, she doesn’t think about man and having a
Moon Love
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all I loved the chick-lit/romance feel of the book. Even more so, I loved the fact the characters didn't fall head over heels in love. Mary-Kate Grant wasn't a huge fan of her new boss William Cumberland at first sight, but his intelligence and hints of personality won her over. I loved seeing him let her in slowly and once they became a couple, I think I was as happy as they were.

Aven really slowly built the relationship up between them, truly making this a slow burn. And in true
Mihaela
Dec 31, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-worth-it
I can't believe this book has been rated with 5 stars.I don't even know what to say and not seem mean.Another Fifty Shades without all the sex and the kinky crap.She didn't even tried.Entire passages where exactly the same only with different names.I was painful to read and I have wasted my time.If you want to plagiarize at least choose a decent book.
Mary-Kate ,yes she is named after one of the Olsen twins, is a combination between Anasatsia and Kate.The author paints her as smart but clumsy as
CeCe
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

I really like this book. I mean really liked it. Typical office romance story, billionaire mogul who has no life, does not date falls for his assistant. I thought it was going to be pretty much that, but it was more. The hero and the heroine were such likable characters, even though I got a little upset with William at the end, he made up for it. I could not stay mad at him for long.

The banter between William (badass mogul billionaire) and MK were funny and cute. I liked them together.
CeCe
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been having a rough month. Between dealing with absolute craziness at work and trying to make this author dream happen, my mind has been going non-stop and I have literally made myself sick from stress. It has been miserable. I have not been writing. I have not been reading. I haven't been doing much at all except worrying myself silly and talking my husbands ear off about what if this? and what if that? and do I need to do this? or should I do that?

Enter Aven Ellis...

Now, y'all know that
Maryline M's Bookshelf
This review was first published at M's Bookshelf - http://mssbookshelf.blogspot.be

I heard so many great things about Connectivity - I was a bit scared my expectations would be too high. Obviously, I had nothing to worry about. The book is just as brilliant as I had hoped. I can't remember the last time I smiled and laughed so much while reading.
Aven Ellis' writing is easy, it's funny... just fabulous. I really loved MK as a main character. And William. Well... *sigh*
The odds aren't in their
Helena
MOST APPROPRIATE STARS!!!

You remember when you were a little girl growing up, reading fairy tales about heroes that were really heroes, characters that had character, and the good guy was...a good guy.

Wonderful, light hearted, romantic, and hilarious Connectivity is a must read. A captivating story of new love and all the building blocks and hurdles a relationship faces to test true love. Set in the modern world of business and tycoons, Aven Ellis has given us possibly the best klutziest
Tonyalee
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
See this review and more on my blog Lilybloombooks

After receiving the funniest review request, ever- and earning myself a new nickname in the process- I have frequently chatted with Aven over twitter and I consider her one of my friends. I feel the need to disclose this, and also state that in no way did this cloud my judgement or opinions about Connectivity.

Anyway.

After reading the blurb, I knew this was something slightly out of my element. Yes, it is a romance and I do love my romance, but
Dianne
I am still grinning and it must be the magic of Aven Ellis and her quirky imagination! Connectivity is NOT an “ease you in slowly and let you adjust to the water” kind of read. This is a “pitched off the high dive and plunge right in” romance with humor, wit and a spot of British attitude and a ton of American sass!

One humiliating office machine incident, a few words that would make a sailor blush and Mary-Kate’s life has just taken a detour into another world, as her escapade has been
caren
3.5 Stars

After nearly a year paying her dues as an assistant for the General Manager of TATS—Total Access Total Sports—MK Grant is looking forward to making the move toward what she really wants: to work in creative programming for the Beautiful Homes Network. Just before she can make that next step, the company she works for is bought out by William Cumberland, a British media mogul who she’s afraid will turn her world upside down by changing things around and crushing her dreams. What MK doesn
Erin
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firstly thank you to Aven for sending me a copy of Connectivity.

I’ve heard lots and lots about it through twitter from my blog friends Simona and Isabell, including how handsome book boyfriend William Cumberland is. William was suggested for part of my February feature “A Book Boyfriend a Day” and you can find that post here!

The story is set mainly in Chicago but also hops across the pond to London too! It’s all about main character MK Grant. MK has always put her career first, much to the
Gretchen  (About That Story)
3.5 out of 5 stars

I thought this was a lighthearted and fun book with just a touch of drama and I really enjoyed the story line. I liked the characters a lot. I thought MK (Mary-Kate) was spunky and strong, not whiny. I loved the fact that she never put herself down and stands up for herself. William was really sweet and I enjoyed the fact that he wasn’t a typical showy rich guy. Of course he was tall, sexy, and handsome so I now have another British book boyfriend. ;-)

I thought Mary-Kate and
Becky Monson
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love love love

I think it was most appropriate for me to love this book... because I did. I really really did. It sucked me in from the beginning and I literally read the first half until 2:30AM before I finally forced myself to set it aside and get some sleep. I was giddy to finish it the next day and when I was done I went back and read my favorite parts over and over. So much fun! Of course I had to buy all of Ms. Ellis' other books immediately afterwards. I'm so excited to read
Kathryn Biel
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CONNECTIVITY by Aven Ellis has the perfect balance of witty banter, humor, tension, passion and romance. I started reading and did not stop until I was finished. The characters are likeable and engaging. I was rooting for MK right from the beginning, and just waiting for William to act! It is well written and flows nicely. It is the perfect escape that I expect from a Rom-Com, Chick-Lit romance.
Michele Vagianelis
I really liked this book! It was quick moving and brought me right in. I found myself rooting for William and Mary Kate from the beginning. The characters were real and easy to relate to. A great book to curl up with on a cold night!
J
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars rounded up to 3. A standard romance about a British billionaire and the sparks that fly when he hires a new American assistant. Unfortunately, there wasn't much in the story that made it any different than 100's of other books out there so it was just okay.
Mary
I really loved this book! I couldn't put it down! I could've done without some of the bad language., otherwise loved it!
Courtney
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was super adorable
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.I would like to start this review by thanking Aven for sending me an ARC of this book.

I really enjoyed this book. I instantly loved MK and very quickly fell for William. MK always thought she didn't want a man. Her career was the most important thing. She didn't want to be like all the women she
Crystal
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the recently released re-boot of this book, and I can’t imagine the story any different than in the form that I read it.
Mary Kate and William are an amazing couple, and their story was absolutely binge-read worthy. Once I started reading it, I didn’t want to put it down. If real life (work, kids, food, bathing) had not gotten in the way so many times, I’d have finished this book in one sitting. I found myself sneaking a minute here and there to just read a few more pages.
I loved that
Courtney Davis
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love!!!!!

I absolutely love this story! It is my favorite one by far from this author. Mary-Kate and William both being so career focused until they meet and realize love changes everything you plan for yourself, and makes everything better when you are with someone who believes in you. Reading other books from this author, before I read this book, always confused me meet a bit the with the Connectivity bits. Now it all makes so much sense now.
Lara
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick, fun read

I enjoyed this book. The characters were real, the plot was engaging, and the love story was heart warming. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is that the main characters have a huge row in the book and they act completely immature and out of character; very middle school mentality. This author does a variation on that scene in every book and it gets a little old. Other than that, a very fun, light read.
Deann Kachelmeier
A wonderful read

This my first book by this author and I will be reading many more.This story didnt have quite dull moment. I stayed up all night and read it in one night.
IslandGirl Reads
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Slow boiling office romance
Cathy
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading Aven Ellis' entire oeuvre with relish. A new Favourite Author.
Court
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I reviewed this at MustReadBooksOrDie with my friend Shelley!

Shel: This book is the stuff many young women's fantasies are made of--urban setting, decent job, swoony billionaire boss, a trip abroad, and...madly falling in love. Court: And hey. Unlike some billionaire bosses...he actually is a damn good guy, and gets to know her! Fancy that!

Shel: MK also known as Mary Kate (named after the Full House series...hahaha! Court: Dude, when I was little I wanted to be an Olsen twin!) Shel: is a
Chelsea (Starbucks & Books Obsession)
I have the immense pleasure of chatting with Aven via email and twitter and she is quite possibly one of the funniest people I have met. Between her exceptional personality and the synopsis for Connectivity, I had no doubt I would enjoy this book. I love a good forbidden romance and there isn’t much more forbidden than a boss and his employee, except maybe a teacher and his student.

Poor MK, she is such a klutz but it was hilarious. She has high career ambitions and she wants so desperately to
Nancy's Romance Reads
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 FAIRY-TALE STARS!

description

Connectivity is a pure sweet, romantic, funny, and sassy love story. I really enjoyed it! The story's focal point is on the characters' journey to fall in love without much outside drama as interference. So we get a very lovely fairy-tale romance that brings out joy, laughter, hope, and excitement in readers. And if you are a hopeless romantic like me, it will leave you adoring fairy-tales and happily ever afters a little bit more.

In the book we meet Mary-Kate Grant, a very
« previous 1 3 next »
Giveaway! 1 1 Feb 17, 2014 04:11AM
Free Books, .99, ...: Connectivity by Aven Ellis 1 15 Dec 06, 2013 01:33PM

• Breakout (San Francisco Strikers, #1)
  • Skating the Line (San Francisco Strikers #2)
  • Faceoff (San Francisco Strikers, #4)
  • A Billion Times No (Fake It Till You Make It Book 1)
  • Delay of Game (San Francisco Strikers, #3)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Puck Drop (Utah Fury Hockey #1)
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • Diary of an Ugly Duckling
  • Billionaire Needs Nanny
  • Saved by the Rockstar (Rich and Famous Romance Book 1)
  • Off Limits  (Playboys of New York, #1)
  • Last Call (Love by the Bay, #2)
  • Just Come Over (Escape to New Zealand #12)
  • The Duke
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
Aven began her publishing career in 2013 with her debut release, Connectivity. She currently writes hockey and baseball romances and is launching a royal romance series this year.

Her books are designed to make readers laugh out loud and fall in love. Happily-ever-after endings and good-boy heroes are guaranteed.

Aven lives in the Dallas area with her family. She is a huge fan of both the Dallas