Start by marking “The Lumberjack Effect” as Want to Read:
The Lumberjack Effect

The Lumberjack Effect

Lena Garza has a secret.

Five years ago she had the best sex of her life with a stranger. That night turned into two blissful weeks where it felt as though their passion would never end.

Until Graham walked away without a backward glance.

Now, Lena finds herself uprooting and moving a state away to confront him, unsure how he will react when she confesses a heartbreaking tru
Published November 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Lumberjack Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lumberjack Effect

Start your review of The Lumberjack Effect
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Lumberjack Effect was a good read. Graham and Lena's story provide for a good read. Graham and Lena had a quick intense love but then it was stopped when Graham had to leave. Lena keeps secrets. I know she had her reasons her keeping things from Graham and it was great that she decided to uproot herself and go to Graham. Graham's reaction when he first finds out is real and prefect. My heart went out to these two and I hope Graham would be able to trust Lena again. This one was a good second ...more
Shala
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really sweet romance. I like the honestly that the couple shared once they were reunited after a long absence. Though I don't agree with the initial deceit, the way that Lena and Graham work through that, and begin raising their daughter as a team is wonderfully done. Though not everyone loves the surprise pregnancy trope, I think this one was really well done, and it didn't end up bothering me like it does in some stories. Definitely will be checking out more from this author.
Rose Bush
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Lena and Graham ❤❤ their story is so sweet! The secret was done very well! I wish the lumberjack effect would hit me🔥🔥 bearded yummy sweaty men... mmmm mmmm. I hope we get Claudia's story next!! I loved her too!
Coco.V
Mar 16, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/16/2020)! 🎁
Atlanta Whitlock
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have loved reading all of the books that J.W. Ashley has written and this one was no exception, she has such a talent for writing and you can’t help but get sucked in by her writing and stories. She knows exactly what readers what when it comes to their books and she always delivers on that. I know for a fact that every time she gets ready to release a new book, I get excited. This book came out a while back and whilst it’s taken me a while to get my hands on it, I can tell you now that it was ...more
blueyed_cntry_girl
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVED this book !! Lena and Graham will have you all in your emotions. Laughing ~ crying ~ hopeful ~ scared ~ worried all so good. Graham saves Lena from her ex fiancé in a bar and for two weeks they were inseparable then his mom’s health gets bad and he leaves. Later Lena finds out she’s pregnancy and chooses not to tell Graham til much much later. When she finally tells him needless to say he isn’t happy that she kept him from his daughter. Their love and attitude for something fier ...more
Linn Christine
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This second chance romance made me laugh (the BFF is hilarious), cry and swoon. Not necessarily in that order. This is the whirlwind romance that got off track due to outside complications. Good intentions lead to heartbreaking consequences. Five years later we get to see how difficult life can be when you try to right a wrong. I fell in love with them all. I loved Lena and Graham from the beginning and they are complicated, wonderful characters. A well written story you don't want to miss.
Bookish
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
When the best night ever turns into the secret you've kept for five years, is there a way to make it right? That is the chance Lena takes when she leaves everything behind to find Graham again and tell him her secret. A sweet second chance love story with both a H and h you want to root for right from the start. Five years did not dampen Graham and Lena's feelings but made their love that more special. Thrown in the mix was a bit of small town drama and some great side characters.
Olivia
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmmm...

3 stars for The Lumberjack Effect. The heroine of this book is just tstl, what she did was unforgivable and the hero was a whimp for saying he wouldn't forgive her and then pretty much forgiving her. The timeline got wishy washy in the epilogue, by my calculation it should have been fall not spring...unless she didn't open the dance studio until the following year.
1 star for the story and 2 stars for putting it out there.
Ashleigh
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is beautiful story focused on love and a second chance.

I loved how the relationship unfolded so we could see these amazing characters grow in ways they never expected.

It is the type of story that clutches you at once and does not release you until you get to the end - then you find yourself pining over the fact that the book has ended.

I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily..
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story! Characters that will steal your heart. A storyline that keeps you on the edge of your seat and glued to your kindle! For me it was a love- hate deal as the characters face their demons. You will feel their emotions and struggles. A definite must read.

Sara Munoz
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This well-written emotional roller coaster of a second chance romance will knock your socks off, The characters are wonderful, the story will have you laughing, crying and in knots. This HEA will have to be worked for. Must read.

Oriane Meissner
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A second chance romance after a 5 year separation, with a surprise on top. A sweet and sometimes slow coming back together. Lena had to overcome a lot of prejudice and hatred by people. And the lost respect and trust of her man. For me a little bummer was that she stayed celibate but he still loved her and went to bed with another woman casually.... but that is just me. But if you love second chance romances you will be not disappointed by this book.
Jacqueline Kinion Falkenberry
Great story, you could feel the connection between Lena and Graham from the beginning. The relationship progressing after the five years was believable and was nice they took in to account the co parenting. Great story, Jackson is definitely a character you love to hate. Can't wait to read Claudia's book.
Lyndsey Gollogly
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was in two minds about reading this book I just wasn’t feeling it from the synopsis. But I’m so glad I did as I really enjoyed it! The whole story and way it was written was so emotionally charged.
The characters and story were so easy to read and fall in love with!
Think I need myself a lumberjack.
Navina
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I recieved an Arc for a honest review on this book.
Having never received an arc before, I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was.
The book was well rounded with enough anticipation to set your pulse stuttering.
I love second chance romances and THE LUMBERJACK EFFECT did not disappoint.
Vera Rodrigues
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! I couldn´t stop reading! The characters BFF made laugh a lot! It was amazing to see how the characters grew and learned from mistakes. And in the end, love is the strongest feeling there is out there.
Cynthia Carpenter
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lena and Graham will have you in tears, laughing , and falling for all these characters. It sweet and steamy all rolled into one and will have you trying to guess what is going to happen. Amazing read with a few twists to keep you wanting more. Can't wait to read more from this author
Catie_didthat3
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good! I didn't want to put it down. Lena and Graham are complicated and I cried. It will not disappoint!

Karen
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Captivating, second chance lumberjack romance story. The characters are intriguing. The well-written book kept my attention throughout, enjoyed reading. I have voluntarily chosen to read and review this book.
Tayra Sanders
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story. I thought the story was very well written and flowed well. The story kept me glued to the pages to see how everything would turn out. I loved the characters and had this read in one sitting. I would highly recommend this read.
Elvira
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book from the well developed and engaging characters that have lots of chemistry. And the storyline that flowed smoothly from beginning to the end.

Vinessa
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lena has a secret but it is Graham's own fault for not sticking around
Now with no time to spare she is off to confront her past to secure a future.

Boudica
Cute story

If you are into squeaky clean romance this sweet story is for you. I felt like the main characters were lacking in chemistry. I'm still not sure I really understand she Lena would run off on Graham. All in all it was ok but I wanted to know more.
Heather
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! The characters were really relatable and so amazing. I loved this story so much. It's my first book by this author and I will be reading more. I cannot wait for the next book in this series!! I can't wait to see more of sweet little Becca!
Rachel Talavera
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh okay not giving anything away (because that’s the nice way right). Well rounded book, great characters, and something that I am sad is over.

Loved it!!
Pat
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The great character and storyline development hooked me right from the start and the chemistry between Lena and Graham kept me totally engaged throughout the entire book!
Susan
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
Graham and Lena are a great couple, a small town romance. Feel good read, Cute and fun book. Loved it!!
Barbara
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Almost TOO steamy, this one takes less than a day. I read an ARC and this voluntary review is my own opinion.
Kalley
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was fine, cute enough. I liked the two main characters and wish they were a bit more developed maybe? I don’t really feel like I know any of them.
Beard or no beard? 1 2 Nov 02, 2019 10:28AM

• Baby's Daddy
  • Redemption: A Surprise Pregnancy Romance
  • Marked By The Alpha (Bare Bites #1)
  • Claiming His Fashionista (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #120)
  • Love at First Bite (Zaftig Dating Agency #2)
  • Dream Lover (Lover Boys, #1)
  • His Land, His Law
  • The Write Stuff (Zaftig Dating Agency #3)
  • Dirty Letters
  • The Secret
  • Falling For Her
  • The Psychic and the Senator (Curvy for Him #9)
  • Sinners are Winners (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #5)
  • Frat House Confessions: Wes
  • Baby For Daddy's Friend (Mountain Men of Liberty, #4)
  • Select Love (Blazin' Love, #8)
  • Sugar
  • Confess
The final book in J.W. Ashley's explosive Corrupted trilogy is now live! Binge the complete series now!

***

J.W. Ashley is the author of over fifteen fantasy and contemporary romance novels. The former of which she writes as Jessica Wayne. During the day, she slays laundry and dishes as a homeschooling, stay at home mom of three, and at night her worlds come to life on paper.

She runs on coffee and w