Start by marking “The Truth About Alice (Evil Lies, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Alice (Evil Lies, #2)

The Truth About Alice

(Evil Lies #2)

The evil lies little girls are told...

I had fallen down a dark and forbidden hole.
Wonderland.
A hole where I had two choices in life--to be a breeder, or to be a killer. To create life, or to destroy it.

I had chosen poorly.

Wonderland's thermostat was all but frozen, leaving two opposing factions, the Pennas and the Cyans, to spread throughout the forbidding tundra of a
Kindle Edition
Published November 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Truth About Alice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth About Alice

Start your review of The Truth About Alice (Evil Lies, #2)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
48583314._SY475_-2.jpg

3.5 Stars
The previous book in this series wasn't really my thing, I'm pleased to say this one was the opposite and I enjoyed this one much more.
This is a fairytale retelling which is very loosely based on its namesake.
It was an imaginative endeavour a sort of dystopian fantasy retelling set in the future frozen wasteland of Wonderland where the two factions The Penna and the Cyan have been at war for years.
Alice is a mercenary archer for the Penna who is disillusioned with just what she is
Deekay
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A dark and twisted tale of Alice in Wonderland, how delicious!

This story isn’t a lighthearted story, and I loved how dark and twisted it can get. It was very steamy in some parts and also very intense in other parts. I loved the combination of the whole Penna-Cyan war and the art of submission and war. This book was really-really intense.

The writing was smooth and steady, and I loved how fast the pacing was. A fast-paced story, just my type. It was also a very simple story, and easy to
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I absolutely loved this story which is a unique twist on Alice in Wonderland.

When Alice finds Wonderland she gets more than she expected with Rabbit. I’d have loved to read more about Wonderland.

This is one of my favourite fairytale retelling. This author has a unique way of telling her stories that has me wanting to read more no matter what genre it is. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is another interesting spin off a classic fairy tail. I feel like it's not really an interpretation, it's a completely different story with character names based on the original. It a very intriguing take on a post apocalyptic future, and the love story is pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of submissive female tropes, but it's balanced well against the warrior woman main character. this is an enjoyable read all in all.

Reviewed by: Leann M.
Rhonda Hicks
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not your mother's story about Alice in Wonderland. Nor are the characters like anything you've previously been lead to believe. Alta Hensley has given us a futuristic world of Wonderland covered in ice and snow with its occupants in a bloody war for survival. Which side is right and which side is wrong? You'll have to make up your own mind when reading. But know this, Alice and Rabbit White, along with the Mad Hatter, will definitely try their best to influence your decision. Each ...more
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
The Truth About Alice was very different and not what I was expecting, but very interesting. It takes place in a frozen wasteland called, Wonderland. Now, this is no fairytale, it also holds very little in common with the original. It has a dark feel with lots of action and our erotic play. Alice is a mercenary and I instantly loved her spirit and the peace that she was wanting. Rabit was dark, dangerous and very intriguing. I enjoyed the plot and all the war that took place, the story was never ...more
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

The Truth About Alice is different from the first book of the series. Alice is a warrior and is tired of the fighting and the never-ending questions. So when Alice abandons her own kind and heads into Wonderland to intently die, she is surprised to come across the enemy's camp.

Rabit can't believe what he finds, a beautiful woman walking in Wonderlands freezing weather- a warrior from the other side. Alice is her name, and she is willing to fight for them.

Will Rabit and Alice be able to find a
April Symes
The Truth About Alice by Alta Hensley is book 2 in the Evil Lies series.
This isnt your children's fairytale. It's quite dark, gritty and intense based loosely on the fairytale retelling of the fairytale based on its name.
This retelling is a futuristic dystopian drama with Alice as a mercenary,the rebel Rabbit and barren Wonderland.
The plot is full bodied and active. Lots of feels, steam and chemistry between the characters. Enjoyed the plot - liked how the story wrapped up!! Can't wait for book
Pamela
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alice is caught up in a war between the Cyans and Penna in the frozen Wonderland. She was an archer for the Penna but she was captured by White Rabbit and forced to work as a soldier in the war. The two are enemies but put it aside to become lovers. The true attraction between them shows from the start. This is a dark tale with plenty of spankings and other shenanigans. A good dystopian read.

I received a copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Erika BookHavenBookBlog
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A unique twist that was well thought out, intelligent, and excited me from the first few words, this is not your average Alice my friends. NOOOOOOOO.....this one makes you think, has your heart beating with adrenaline, gasping along with the twists, and squirming in your seat...hold on, it's a wild ride!!!

~~~Erika, Book Haven Book Blog
Niki Roge
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alta has taken a fairytale and has completely turned it on it's head! This dystopian story takes well known characters and introduces them in an entirely new setting, allowing all sorts of new dynamics to come into play. With ice, snow, cold, war, and death every day, this smoking hot story will keep you warm as you navigate the new Wonderland.
Jamie
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The truth about Alice

Where do I even start? Alice was just has good as Cinder and I hope this standalone series doesn't end.
The Truth About Alice was a quicker read than Cinder but just as exciting and adventurous!
Kelly
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Alta Hensley writes these wonderful stories that make the reader think and then she puts her excellent twists on it.
This is a very cold and dangerous place, this wonderland but don't let that deceive you. It may be frigid and deadly there but there is heat brewing.
Another great story Alta!
Kat
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alice is a Penna. Penna women have two options. Fight, or breed. Alice chose to fight. After years in battle she'd had enough and left her people putting her in direct contact with the Cyans, the Penna's enemy.

Rabbit White is one of the leaders of the Cyans and the one to find Alice as she wanders the tundra. Good for her. He sees something in her that the others don't and orders for her to join them.

Their connection is strong from the start, and something Alice doesn't quite understand as the
Christine
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Truth About Alice, by Alta Hensley, is a dark version of Alice in Wonderland. It's a futuristic, dystopian drama with a mercenary Alice, a rebel Rabbit and a barren Wonderland. As always when I receive an ARC, I won't include any spelling/grammar/continuity errors in my review as I expect them to be fixed prior to publication.

This is an interesting take on the Alice fable. Two factions are fighting over the barren, arctic wasteland that the Earth has become in the future. Alice, a mercenary,
Rebecca Austin
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trsor
Alice was a soldier with the Penna but she has decided to desert, knowing that if she is caught the penalty is death. Soon she finds herself caught by the Cyans, an opposing faction and they must decide if she is friend or foe.

But through that she meets White Rabbit who gives her a choice between sex slave or archer. Once again Alice makes the wrong decision and finds herself in the frozen tundra.

Can Alice prove herself to Rabbit and the rest of the Cyan and find the love she wants more than
R Rais
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've never read Alice in The wonderland. And only watch the movie bit by bit. My only understanding of Alice is the girl and the potion. So, I won't make any relation of this retelling and the story.
My review of The Truth About Alice would be souly about the book.

A world in the edge of extinctions
When a green blue algae believe to the cure
Where are there's two faction fighting for their different stand on how to use this life saviour
A girl, a warrior, a mercenary from a faction of scientist who
Leeah Taylor
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this. I'm a huge Alice in Wonderland fan so anytime there's a chance to read a retelling I'm all over it. I first heard of The Truth About Alice in a few of the reader groups I'm in and there was so many great things being said. So I went into this with very high hopes but what I got was a story that seemed to be chunks to a bigger story. Or a story that needed to be fleshed out.

The story starts out with a pretty heavy info dump that almost makes it hard to keep reading.
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
In the bleak, cold wasteland of Wonderland, Alice left behind everything she knew in search of something different. She stumbled upon a new colony led by a fierce commander, Rabbit White, who isn't afraid to punish Alice when needed, but also willing to teach Alice how to love. Things she never learned living among her own people, but certainly something she needed.

The Penna people, where Alice was born and raised, do not display emotions, so she knows nothing of love or even sadness. She is a
Joyffree
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr, booksprout
I like the whole post-apocalyptic - strong-willed heroine - Take no prisoner Alpha with a soft underbelly theme Hensley has going on with this series.

Alice is tired of killing in the name of science and the quest for world dominance(?). So she ups and walks away. I agree not quite the smartest move from our arrogant, talented yet not so worldly young Alice, but this is how IMO the story correlates with the fairy tale.
Our skilled yet naive little killer (There are so many times I wanted to warm
Jess
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 and 1/2 stars

I really enjoyed reading this dark retelling of Alice. It shows a stronger side of the character in her decision to take charge of her life. She won’t let anyone dictate to her what needs to be done. This changes somewhat when Alice leaves her people and effectively joins the other side. She needs to learn to take order and contend with being physically different to everyone else. This causes tension and suspicion. How can she be trusted if she was once the enemy? Not to mention
Yolanda Henderson
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alice is a Penna with the options of fighting or being a breeder. Alice choose to fight until one day she had enough. She walk away from it all. Being on this dystopia land it will take two people from two different clans to come together to find love and start a new future. Alice and Rabbit connection is strong toward each other. Will they be able to have a future or will their war tear them apart? This book took you from despair to happiness. I was cheering for Alice to find love and being a ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK! It is loosely connected with Alice in Wonderland, but this is not your normal type of story. I enjoyed the references, but it was not super based on it. Alta Hensley, girl, this world you created is something pretty darn amazing. This is a WHOLE different type of Wonderland in which you have two very different groups vying for power, who will win? The intellectual Cyan or the ruthless Penna?

I thought the characters were strong and had legit character arcs in which I felt as if
Mom2three
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alta Hensley's creativity and genius with the written word are all evident in this one. It flows beautifully, captures both the imagination and the emotions, and instead of just re-telling Alice in Wonderland she has taken the characters and made them her own. The detail Ms. Hensley puts into her world building is phenomenal and it's easy to envision the desolate, cold, forbidding place Alice inhabits. The setting details are really important to me when the book I'm reading is more fantasy or ...more
Emlovesreading
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
So this is the second book in the Evil Lies series and I much preferred this one to the first book.
This tell the story of Alice and Penna.
You see Wonderland is split with the Penna’s and The Cyan. Both fighting for what they think is right.
As a Penna and a women Alice had to choose whether to be a fighter or a breeder. She choose to fight.
However she becomes disillusioned with everything and wonders if she’s on the right side and decides to leave.
She is found by Rabbit White a leader of a
Jessica Roessler
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
So, I have a serious love for Alice in Wonderland. So when I spotted that absolutely gorgeous cover, I knew I had to give this book a try. & I am truly so glad that I did.

The Truth About Alice has some concepts that are similar to the original story, but it is very, very different from what everyone knows of the original.
&Although I do adore the original Alice, and LOVE when an author remains close to the original story, I discovered that this author created such a unique world of her
HilZie
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love adult fairytale and children's classics retellings. Though some are better than others, there are a few that have that dark edge that I really love. You know, just enough naughty kink to make you bite your lip or keep your teeth on edge. Yup they speak to the dark part of my twisted heart. This is such a story.
It is totally not a Wonderland you know. So let that go, right now before it blinds the potential of the book. This is a retelling, people. I admire AH for keeping it simple with
Lita Thomas
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Truth about Alice by Alta Hensley is a twist on Alice in Wonderland. Now Wonderland is a post apocalyptic world that is in a ice age; a cold and harsh world where two factions are fighting over a blue green algae. Alice's world is one where she is either a warrior or a breeder. As a warrior she becomes disillusioned with what she is doing and decides to run away from it all. Now she find herself captured by the Cyan whose commander is Rabbit. This is where the story got interesting. Now in ...more
Carol 27
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Years of conflict have transformed the planet of Wonderland into a harsh, frozen environment and tossed its inhabitants into a medieval-like existence. Swords, axes, and bows have replaced guns, and weapons of mass destruction. The Pennas and the Cyans have been fighting for control of the one valuable resource on the planet. Each wants it for very different, yet sound reasons. I enjoyed Alice’s character. She’s brave and resourceful with a kickass mentality and exceptional fighting skills. I ...more
Pretty_Book_Whore  Narissa
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let me start with that this story was "Dark Feathers" before Alta rewrote it with the alice in wonderland theme. So if you've read the previous telling there will be some changes but the story is along the same lines.
I have not read the previous telling so this story was new to me. I enjoyed the fast paced action of the battles and the two unlikely people from opposing sides coming together, in love, to stop a never ending war that no one even knows why they are still fighting. There was some
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hate Crush
  • Crazy Broken Love
  • Cold Queen
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Confess
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Jasmine
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Conheartists
  • Dead Man's Hand (Vegas Underground #7)
  • Sacrifice
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
  • Cathedral (Cradle of Darkness #1)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Enemies
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
  • Kisses and Wishes: One Holiday Wish / Collared for Christmas / Stolen Mistletoe Kisses
Alta Hensley is a USA TODAY bestselling author of hot, dark and dirty romance. She is also an Amazon Top 100 bestselling author. Being a multi-published author in the romance genre, Alta is known for her dark, gritty alpha heroes, sometimes sweet love stories, taboo undertones, and engaging tales of the constant struggle between dominance and submission.

Alta also loves to connect with her readers

Evil Lies (2 books)