Start by marking “The Book of the Sea (Vesik #11)” as Want to Read:
The Book of the Sea (Vesik #11)

The Book of the Sea

(Vesik #11)

A kingdom fallen. A queen victorious. The return to a past long since abandoned...
With Damian trapped in the Abyss, Nixie ventures to a lost city in search of a powerful artifact known as the Eye of Atlantis. By harnessing its ancient magic, she may have a chance to undo what was done by Nudd.

But the path to the Eye is wrought with danger. Hidden at the bottom of the
Published November 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Book of the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of the Sea

Start your review of The Book of the Sea (Vesik #11)
Angela
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy the Vesik series and Nixie is one of my favorite characters. I'm so glad to get a story that is all about her perspective. I'd love some more back stories on a lot of these characters, and with a lot of them being so old, I'm sure there are a ton of stories to tell. I am loving all these serials that the author is giving us, however, I miss Vesik. I know we can't have him right now (due to reasons... if you want to know what they are then you're going to have to start reading). I ...more
Penny
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So far, I think this is the best one yet! I just love Nixie, and we get to see in this latest installment just how much of a bada$$ she can be. She takes a trip to her long-lost kingdom, Atlantis, and we get to see just how dangerous the sea can get. I really hope we get to see more of Atlantis; there’s so much potential there and under the sea! Full of action, great characters, surprising revelations, and above all an interesting plot, I read this in one sitting as I didn’t want to put it down. ...more
Jackie
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic. Might be short but packs a lot of fantasy and action in those few pages.
Thomas Griffin
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review is based upon an advance copy I was given. Even though I have been receiving advanced copies, I still end up buying the official versions because they are great books.

This book was a conundrum for me and that is a good thing. It felt incredibly dense but it was still a shorter than normal book. Nixie has been around the peripherals of this series for a few books now. Yes, I am aware of her relationship with Vesik, but even still, her parts were smaller compared to others and her
Steven
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Into the Depths

In the third installment of _The Books of the Dead_, Nixie, the Queen of the Undines travels to the ruined city of Atlantis to recover an artifact that will help in saving Damian and those bound to him. Finding unexpected challenges and circumstances in the city, she finds herself forced to exert the full force of her station to defeat allies of the Mad King, Gwyn ap Nudd.

Personally, I found _The Book of the Sea_ the best installment in the series so far. It had the right mix of
Ginelle Blanch
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For those of us who've been waiting for more of Nixie, this book did not disappoint. It was moving, powerful, and felt very personal. This is a strong female lead and very formidable but, she's also vulnerable and more than open to change. I loved getting to see what she's capable of.

Full of action and old grudges, it seems the Queen has a lot of work to do to bring her people into the new age/way of thinking. Quite a few surprises in this book to keep us on our toes.

As it's a time of war,
Kristen Sanderson
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nixie shows why women rule!

With every book, the sense of urgency escalates and we learn more about the crazy Vesik world. Nixie kicks some serious butt in this one. Atlantis has been mentioned many times throughout the books. In this book we get to visit. What Nixie found there added new depth to her story and more elements that could have impact later in this arc or just later. Each of these books is an urgent errand, and in each book the urgency increases. Next up...Zola. I love seeing how all
Kate
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
3rd Book in the Vesik series. Jump in and submerge yourself.
Undines, Mosasaurs, Leviathans and Atlantis, not forgetting the Blue Men of Minch!
Nothing wishy washy here! A whirlpool of a tale, that sings a siren song of Nixie and her trials to find the Eye of Atlantis to help free Damian Vesik.
As always, I love the way Eric weaves these tales to include legends and mythology from all around the world.
I’m always left wanting more!
Another exciting addition to Eric R Asher’s Damian Vesik series.

I
Sandy
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you ever wanted to know about Nixie, Damien's Sea Witch Lover, this is your chance. She's THE Queen of the Sea Witches and comes up against some overwhelming odds in this story! Can she keep her crown AND help save Damien? You are going to have to read this book to find out. There are new characters both good and bad. Eric Asher has even throw in some delicious views and teasers of what is to come of Atlantis. You don't want to miss this story line as Damien's Lover and friends risk all to ...more
Connie Fogg-Bouchard
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
the strength of a queen

(spoiler). Nixie must find the second part of the triad needed to break Vicky and Sam free from the slumbering Damien. sinking to her former in the ocean deep, in search for the Eye of Atlantis. taking on enemies from the former queen and unexpected friends from the past, Nixie's joy is overshadowed by the work get to be done

once again, Eric has written another fantastic character into life. her adventure is vital and her fighting spirit full of love. on to the next
Wendy Schindler
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!

This was one of the best Vesik books so far! Nixie is amazing and the creatures and legends of old are so much fun to read about - and if you're like me, you fire Google up and research further and get drawings/pictures of them as well! The author does a brilliant job of weaving the modern and ancient together to form a story that is impossible to put down until the end!
TE
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed The Book of the Sea. It was pretty neat getting a look into Nixie's underwater world and reading the story from her point of view. Nixie made some new friends that I really hope we get to hear from again. I can't wait to see what Zola is going to do with the sea queen's gift. The Book of the Sea is a fun read and the best of these "shorts" so far.

For those who want to know: This read has no sex but does have violence and a little language.
Maya Barbery
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was PHENOMAL!! my favorite in the series so far. Nixie is a such a awesome heroine!! she truly does the strong female lead justice and shines aongst the other strong female characters that share the pages of book of the seas with her. She leads, guides, & does it with class like the queen she is!!!

Disclaimer, I received an advanced copy to read and review, I have also pre-ordered the book to have as part of y collection of Vesik books!!!
Panda99
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Vesik series never lets me down, if you haven't tried these yet you are missing an action packed universe. Wonderful, strong characters that I have really come to care about face challenges worth fighting for. I am really glad to have read this exploration of the sea witches. Beautifully written, well worth the read!
Andrea Laws
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trying to save Damian Vesik is a great deal harder than anyone thought. Nixie must find another artifact, the only problem is that it is hidden somewhere in Atlantis.
Another great installment in this amazing series. I can't wait to see what happens next. Highly recommended!
Lisa Guertin
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nixie is one kick butt queen! And her love for Damien shines through all she does. If only we could visit Atlantis on person to see its many treasures. Old enemies and new allies abound in the latest addition in the Vesik tales.
Ronald Manley
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story and a different take on Atlantis. As always plenty of action and snark.
Mike Arthur
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eric Asher went a different rout than the other Vesik books. AND IT IS AMAZING . Can't say much more without giving anything away. But if you are here , then you are already a Vesik addict .
Stacey
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! The best in the series.

The Book of the Sea is definitely the best of the books that follow our necromancer’s friends as they try to cope after their terrible disaster.

This follows Nixie as she journeys to locate another relic that will help save Vesik. She has many reasons to do this. If you think it’s just for love, please read the book. She demands and deserves your respect throughout it for why she takes on this mission.

We meet new characters that are fascinating. Eric Asher never
Amy Bellino
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eric Asher knocks it out of the ballpark yet again! Another thrilling adventure in the Vesik Saga, this time from the view of Damian's lady love, Nixie. This installment gives a better understanding of the world that Nixie has come from and the challenges she faces as the new Queen of the Water Witches. All of our favorite characters make an appearance and some new friends are made along the way.
Mark Dow
Pamela
Nov 23, 2019
David
Nov 29, 2019

• Sea Breeze (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #8)
  • Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil Book 1)
  • The Perfect Cup: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • Sinister: Uncherished
  • Ascension (Nate Temple Chronicles #13)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • AFTERMATH-Decons and Magical Nulls-Elite Division Book 1: The Untold Stories of the DAMNED
  • Endless Knight (Darkling Mage Book 9)
  • Reaping Wind: A Montague & Strong Detective Novel (Montague & Strong Case Files Book 9)
  • Sinister: Unhallowed
  • Zero Hour (Stories of Frost and Fire, #0.5)
  • Sinister: Unsanctified
  • Knightmare (The Temple Chronicles, #12)
  • Godless (Feathers and Fire, #7)
  • Dark of the Moon (The DeathSpeaker Codex, #9)
  • Circle of Stone (Alastair Stone Chronicles #19)
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Sinister: Unsacred
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)
  • The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)
  • The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)