Start by marking “Deleted” as Want to Read:
Deleted

Deleted

Three things happen when technophobe Lucy learns to mindhack.

1. Her brilliant crush becomes her boyfriend
2. Together they solve small crimes.
3. She’s deleted from his memory—and everyone else’s

Now the only person looking for the college freshman is a mysterious young hacker who erases memories for profit. If he finds her, he will wipe out her memories—or worse. If Lucy doe
Published January 7th 2020 by Immortal Works

To ask other readers questions about Deleted, please sign up.
Ruth Mitchell I'd say no. Many reviewers comment on how clean it is.
There is one Bible swear word (he**) and some kissing.…more
I'd say no. Many reviewers comment on how clean it is.
There is one Bible swear word (he**) and some kissing.(less)
Ruth Mitchell Absolutely! I'd say the romance in it is about the same level as that in the Hunger Games. One of my book's biggest fans was my friend's 11-year-old s…moreAbsolutely! I'd say the romance in it is about the same level as that in the Hunger Games. One of my book's biggest fans was my friend's 11-year-old son who read it as a beta reader.

(less)

Start your review of Deleted
Autumn Krause
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK. It's like it was made for me because I love anything that has to do with the concept of memory and how to impacts our personhood and DELETED is alllll about it (and even has epic quotes from Paradise Lost!! I die. And come back to die again).

Ruth Mitchell's writing style is immersive with a literary feel yet doesn't get in the way of the fast-moving plot, which is my fave because hello short attention span. This is a great read for all levels of readers and will keep you thinking all
Melissa Hansen
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is brilliantly creative and fascinating! I found myself thinking of it often throughout the day and how these technological dangers could one day be a reality. The themes are so powerful and thought-provoking. I loved the chemistry between the main characters, particularly Lucy and Marco, and the thrilling adventures they share as they fight to save their memories. The ending caught me by surprise in a very satisfying way. One recurring thought I had as I read this book was how awesome ...more
Audrey
I did the final proofread on this book. It's kind of hard for me to rate books that I read while in Editor Mode rather than Reader Mode. ...more
Lara
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was intriguing and kept my attention. The characters are multilayer and just genuinely well written. I would highly recommend.
Kayla Krantz
Lucy is a philosopher, and the only one of her friends who isn’t in love with the technological revolution of the “Specs.” She believes that it could be dangerous to have people that close to your thoughts. What if someone hacked it? Everyone laughs her off, until it turns out Lucy is right. When Lucy is erased from everyone’s memory, she goes on the run in an attempt to save her own memories, and potentially herself, from oblivion.

This was an absolute rollercoaster. Lucy was a fantastic MC. Ea
Cori Cooper
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know what to say about this book, without revealing everything, so I'll focus on what won't give the story away! The book was well written, I found myself thinking about it throughout the day. At first, the way the point of view kept switching had me perplexed. but as I continued reading I really started to like it. Kept me on my toes!
There were so many times I thought I knew what was going to happen next, but was totally surprised. I love it when that happens! Read it friends, and
Rachel
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ruth Mitchell is a stunning new voice who knows how to pull you into her world from the very beginning. DELETED is packed with dangerous tension, authentic characters, and a sensational romance that kept me up till two in the morning reading. An absolute thrill from beginning to end.
Ktsuereviews
3.5/4⭐️!! This was a cute read. I would recommend to anyone 12+. If you’re an adult that still enjoys juvenile reads then you’d enjoy this one!

Things I loved: I really loved this futuristic concept of erasing memories and the little adventure Lucy went on. There were a couple times I didn’t know what would happen next which is always a plus! The writing was also excellent and flowed so well.

Things I felt meh about: I kinda wish there had been a little more world building for this futuristic
Kathleen
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 12 - 100
This is an exceptional story mixing fascinating originality with realistic everyday happenings. Set in the year 2040, Deleted by Ruth Mitchell explores both the importance and purpose of memory and the invasiveness of expanding technology in this intriguing and complex story. The reader develops empathy for the unique characters as they embark on this adventure taking place on the San Diego coast. Ruth Mitchell provides both gentle scenes and tense moments as these young people in the process of ...more
Becky Lawlor
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: want-to-read
Deleted is suspenseful and adventurous, but also filled with complex characters and thought-provoking questions about the role of memories in our lives as well as the benefits and dangers of technology. The fact that the “futuristic” technology that this book is based on doesn’t seem all that far-fetched of a possibility in the near future, makes the book even more riveting.

Great read from cover to cover with lots of unexpected plot twists. I ended up reading the whole book in just two days.
Kristy
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved this fast-paced, twisty story! The idea of devices that let you view and erase people's memories was really clever. This story kept me guessing the whole time. And it's a squeaky clean YA story, so even better.

*I received an advanced reader copy of this book from the author. Thoughts and review are my own.*
Susan
I had to add this to a variety of shelves, as it has many elements of many genres. Enough romance for m6 chick-lit shelf, future technology for sci-fi, its officially YA, it has elements of a dystopia--if memories can be altered (okay, not so much a dystopia, I guess, but some of the feel), and then I read it before hand, but we did do it for book group and there was plenty to discuss.
My Amazon review:

Thought-Provoking Premise and Conflict, Excellent Characters, Vivid Sense of Location

Reviewed
Myreadingzen
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-thrillers
Imagine if you lived in a world where it is possible to delete someone else's memory. A world where you can wear special glasses to help you navigate the world: calendar, remind you of what peoples names are or facts about them etc Computer access just by wearing these special glasses. Truly it is a world with so many more convenient ways to live. However, convenience comes with a price when someone can unknowingly delete your memory and change what you think you know with a snap of a finger.

Mai
Amy Carpenter
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Deleted a few minutes ago and have so much to mull over. There was a lot to love about this book. It was a fresh story with intense action, sweet romance, super cool science, and great themes.

The characters were unique and interesting. I loved Lucy and her good girl going-to-the-beat-of-her-own-drum vibes. I love that Marco, the male love interest, was a nerd with a passion for computers. Nick had depth and motive and individuality.

The book is told in third person presen
Kerry Dunn
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
Lucy and Marco! Swoon city. I loved their love story and how bound together they were throughout this twisty, fast-paced, future-set novel. This book postulates what would happen if future technology could allow our minds to be hacked and memories erased. From erasing the bad joke your husband tells at every dinner party from his memory to blackmailing government officials and then erasing their memories so they don’t remember you, their blackmailer, what is ok and what isn’t? Is erasing memorie ...more
Catherine Hamilton
I LOVED it!

Futuristic technothriller meets suspense, meets action-packed YA science fiction!

Fast paced, entertaining, full of fun! I laughed out loud throughout this super enchanting debut novel. I LOVED it!

Female Protagonist Lucy Campbell isn’t your typical college freshman. Why? Because it’s 2040 and she’s a technophobe! One who still uses a very old smartphone, instead of wearing Spex – the latest communication device that everyone is wearing.

There is mind hacking, memory erasing… and murder
Melissa Harwood
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really love this book! The dialogue is witty and the characters are relatable. The scenes are descriptive and the imagery is vivid. While reading it, I was so immersed in the story that I almost felt like I was there watching it unfold first hand. From the beginning, the story drew me in. Like a true and great adventure story, it was hard to put down, and it kept popping into my mind even when I wasn't reading it. I found myself wanting more from the characters after I finished the book and ho ...more
Lizzy Drysdale
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It’s the perfect mix of entertaining and thought provoking. I was captivated by the action as well as the interpersonal dynamics up until the very end. This book is cool because I found it enjoyable but it also left me pondering the themes of memory and identity. It’s YA, but I think it would be appropriate for a very broad age range, it would be a quick read for adults but not too immature at all.
Rachel Hill
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from the author for an unbiased review. I will be doing a podcast episode on this book because I loved this so much!! This is YA book set in a future society (with cool technology, of course!). It’s Ruth Mitchell’s first book and it was a page turner. It’s got love, philosophy (brimming with quotes by Henry David Thoreau), and an analysis of what makes up memories. I would have finished this book sooner but I had to take care of my kids at some point. 😉
Helena
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had no idea what to expect from this book, but I was pleasantly surprised by this page-turner. I finished it in less than a day, as I could not put it down. Ruth did a fantastic job at creating a realistic future of our world. The characters are likeable, the story moves at a fast pace, and I absolutely adore the Walden and Paradise Lost quotes and the poems.
Allison Cluphf
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super enjoyed this book! I love the premise and can’t wait to see if the story continues!!
Coco Cervantes
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was sent to me by the author in exchange of an honest review. This is a YA novel, set around 2040 in a world where - almost – everybody uses “Spex”, a gadget that is like Google x 10 and will get to even know your thoughts, does it sound scary? Well, it was for me! I imagined myself in 2040 and I can see people not finding it weird – and invasive- that a machine “reads” your mind/ knows your thoughts (paranoia much?). This was good, and guess what? “Deleted” is Ruth Mitchell's first no ...more
Billy Buttons
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A WISHING SHELF BOOK REVIEW
13th Jan 2020

TITLE: Deleted
Author: Ruth Mitchell
Star Rating: 5 stars

‘A wonderfully engaging thriller for YA. Cleverly plotted and totally unique, I’d highly recommend it.’ A ‘Wishing Shelf’ Book Review

REVIEW
This is a gem of a YA novel. Set in the future where it’s possible to delete another person’s memory, this is a complex thriller and a cleverly plotted game of hide and seek. There’s a long list of things I love with this book, but it’s uniqueness is top of the list
Felix Dimaro
"Deleted" by Ruth Mitchell is a YA thriller that is part love story, part sci-fi adventure and part philosophical journey. There is a ton of action and a lot to absorb in this world where most people wear a device called a Mindseye along with glasses called Spex which together make it essentially like having a smart phone in your head. It turns out that these devices can be hacked and used in nefarious ways, making it so your memory can be taken from you at any time.

The characters in this story
Laura  Miller
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The February prompt for #theunreadshelfproject2020 was a book that was gifted to you. @literally.ruth.mitchell was kind enough to send me a copy of her book! One thing I’ve been nervous about with bookstagram is getting gifted books or ARCs and then not liking the book. Because more than anything I want this page to be 1) filled with books that I genuinely love and 2) filled with my honest opinions about books. I don’t want anything to change that.
So let me be clear when I say that I genuinely
Kerry  carr
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great adventure set in the future. In this age of modern technology and all the advancements that happen its a very thought provoking book. It leaves you thinking could this happen one day.

The year is 2040 and everyone is wearing Spex and mindseye. Everyone that is except Lucy. Lucy is concerned that this new technology could lead to someone hacking her brain. Everyone tells her she is wrong but she is more right that they realise.

When her sister Mollie figures out how to delete her h
Liz
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t know what I was going to get when I downloaded Deleted by Ruth Mitchell, as I have never read anything from her before. All I knew was that the cover and small blurb drew me right in and I had to know what the meat of the story would contain. I am glad that I took the chance because this book was outstanding. I love so much that it is written in a young adult geared direction so I can share this with my daughters if I chose to at some point and know they will also love this novel and ge ...more
John Olsen
This is an interesting what-if story where people find ways to abuse near-future computer interface and memory technology for their own purposes. The characters each have their own unique challenges, and there are plenty of twists and turns along the way. I really appreciate the distinct voice and feel of each character.

For me, parts of the story had the same feel as the movie Inception with the way people crafted their own reality through memory manipulation.

Disclaimer: I did multiple edit pass
Chame Blackburn
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
YA future dystopian novels are not my usual "genre", but I really enjoyed Deleted. It is a fast-paced novel with enough twists, anticipation and romance to be fun and engaging. However, I was most impressed by the way the author juxtaposed science, imagination, philosophy and ethics for some truly thought provoking moments. I look forward to future installments! ...more
Nina
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
the year is 2044. Spex are the new rave, just put them on, name them, give them a voice and everything is done for you.

But what if someone figured out a hack, they can access your memories and alter what you remember or worse make you completely forget. If your like Lucy you don’t have to worry because this technology is not your thing...but someone is still able track her down through OTHER people’s memories.

Wow this book was absolutely insane, the action was none stop, the twists kept on c
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: ASIN not properly formatted 2 18 Mar 19, 2020 05:23PM

• Swallowed by a Secret
  • Being Lost (Satan's Devils MC San Diego #1)
  • Girl Trap
  • Boundaries (Scope of Practice, #1)
  • Boy on Hold
  • Night Justice
  • Love the Way You Dance
  • The Trouble with Paradise (Madeline Dawkins Mysteries Book 4)
  • Hansel & Gretel: Down the Rabbit Hole
  • A High Price to Pay (Madeline Dawkins, #2)
  • The Walls Between Us: A Borderland Love Story
  • Confidentiality (Scope of Practice #2)
  • Forgotten Chance: Book Three (Forgotten Trilogy)
  • Shattered: Logan Book 1 (The Logan McKenna Series)
  • Phoenix Team One: Selected (Mythical Alliance #1)
  • The Abduction of Sarah Tarbell: As Her Soul Remembers
  • Saint Code: Lost: Book Four of the Lucky Devil Series
RUTH MITCHELL lives in San Diego with her husband and four marvelous children. Whether she’s writing science fiction, contemporary Rom Com or a women’s fiction ghost story, she strives to create clean, smart books with lots of heart.

Currently her only published book is DELETED.