Start by marking “Almost Perfect” as Want to Read:

Almost Perfect

USA TODAY bestselling author Claudia Burgoa brings readers a delightful new romantic comedy that’s equal parts hilarious and sexy about friendship and learning how to fall in love!

Olympic medalist and X-game sensation Alex Spearman thinks he’s perfect.

He’s not. I know his kind.

Rich, famous, and emotionally unavailable.

Well...He’s perfect enough to hook up with on the
Kindle Edition
Published January 16th 2020

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Jan 16, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win 1 of 3 SIGNED COPIES of ALMOST PERFECT the newest romantic comedy by USA Today bestselling author Claudia Burgoa

Release Date

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 3 copies available, 1656 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 12 - Jan 31, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Almost Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Almost Perfect

Start your review of Almost Perfect
    Carol [Goodreads Addict]
    Almost Perfect by Claudia Burgoa is a stand alone “frenemies” romance. I used the word frenemies because it’s what the author used to describe the relationship between these two. They had that white hot attraction that they couldn’t ignore but neither was in a good place to deal with emotionally. Neither of them quite knew what to do with it but they both knew one thing they did together very well.

540 × 540

If you are a fan of Claudia’s, then perhaps you’ve been introduced to these characters in previous
    PP's Bookshelf
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Almost Perfect by Claudia Burgoa was a beautifully poignant and inspiring story of love and life. Yes it is a frenemies to lovers romance. Yes it is a romantic comedy sometimes. But above all Alex and Hannah's moving journey gifted me some of the most intense, life changing and surreal experiences in a romance book. I am leaving this story with important lessons for my heart and food for my soul.

Hannah and Alex are both unique characters. I love everything Claudia Burgoa writes but this story
    Claudia Burgoa
    Nov 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
    Amazon Alert https://geni.us/AlmostPerfect
    Nook http://bit.ly/AlmostPerfectNook
    iBooks https://apple.co/2PXNjrb
    Kobo http://bit.ly/AlmostPerfectKobo

Happy couple near the Eiffel tower

𝐔𝐒𝐀 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐚 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭’𝐬 𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞!
    A frenemies to Lovers romance.
    Releases January 16th.
    Frenemies to lovers
    Second chance
    Sexy snowboarder
    Feisty Heroine in charge of her former and hot bandmates
    Jessie
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
    More than a story of frenemies is one of best friend sister to lovers, kind of slow burn. Alex is for Hannah like that piece of chocolate cake (it may be the flavor you like most), a sweet temptation that you can't resist when you're around. Hannah is Juni's best friend, Alex's sister and manager. The relationship between them is a come and go. It seems that both wants different things. However all they are looking for is their happily ever after. And on the way to that search they realized that ...more
    Nadine Bookaholic
    So here's the thing, this doesn't really fall under the trope of enemies to lovers or friends to lovers because Alex and Hannah are a bit of both so it's a Frenemies to Lovers Romance which is an interesting concept because there isn't exactly hate or fondness at the start of the relationship but a combination of both. There was a genuine likeness and irritation towards one another and it was fun to see which side of the coin would win at any given moment.

If you have read some of Claudia's books
    Yolanda
    Shelves: favorites
    I’m overwhelmed with so many wonderful feelings after reading Almost Perfect. This book is not only absolute perfection but a beautiful, heartwarming and touching frenemies to lovers story. I’ve never been more in love with a couple like Alex and Hannah. Almost Perfect’s storyline is irresistible, entertaining and what I loved the most is that it wasn’t your typical frenemies to lovers story as it had unique layers which Ms. Burgoa weaved together to create an unforgettable romance.

Initially
    BookAddict
    Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Yes, I’ve raved about a lot of books lately, but this book, y'all! It's everything I want in an epic romance when I didn’t even realize I was looking. Charming, witty, engaging, authentic, vulnerable, endearing, and oh-so-heartfelt, I’m still all swoony over Alex and Hannah! With bits of rock star, billionaire, sports and best friend's brother, it obliterates most other books in these tropes.

The tension and push and pull is strong between these two, but it’s not long into the book before we see
    Janet Taggart Baldwin
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Claudia Burgoa is my Go-To Author so when she releases a book, it's a definite one click for me! Almost Perfect is her latest release and it has a mix of some old friends from her other books but is a perfect standalone if you haven't read any or all of them.

Alexander Spearman and Hannah Hades-Bell have a complicated past. Hannah is a rock musician/writer/magazine mogul from a famous musical family and best friends with Alex's younger sister. Alex was a World Class athlete who suffered a
    Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
    Almost Perfect is pure perfection and continues to show Claudia Burgoa’s ability to not only create two characters but to bare their souls in a way that they feel real! Even after the last word is read these characters and their journeys stay with you imprinted on your soul for years to come!

This is a stand alone novel much like most of Burgoa’s work but it is also connected to previous books and that’s what I love about her novels! They aren’t just characters they are family!

Hannah and Alex
    Michele McMullen
    Shelves: arc
    Claudia has once again given me characters that I fall in love with and can't help but fall into their world! This is Alex and Hannah's story and yes it may be titled Almost Perfect but it is truly perfectly heartwarming, funny, emotional and a beautiful journey with these amazing characters. We also once again surrounded by the wonderful cast of characters that we have also come to love from Claudia's wonderful imagination !
    ~~Michele McMullen ~~
    A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
    I was eager to read Almost Perfect. The cocky professional sports guy and a strong leading lady that have a past and shared friendships. This book had the potential to be more than a cliche` romance novel.

I enjoy when well written stories reveal information as they go; characters and plot lines develop and intensify. I really liked this aspect of Almost Perfect. However, I felt a bit lost and confused early on in the book, wanting something to bring the scattered elements into more focus. As the
    Kaitlyn
    Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Holy crap!! I’ve always adored Alex. And have wanted his story for a long time. But I’m glad we waited because guess what? This story was PERFECT! And to get to see Hannah all grown up and also visit back with some of our favorite musicians and company and just my heart is full. I loved this book and story. I love next generation writing. And I love falling in love with Ms. Burgoa’s books!! And I can’t wait to keep doing that!
    it.sgottabethebooks
    Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Ahhh! Claudia Burgoa gives us Alex and Hannah’s love story. This story maybe titled Almost Perfect but this story is pure perfection. Everything about the story will have you utterly captivated. The author has certainly outdone herself with this one. I love everything she writes but this one is amazing. I have so much love for Alex. This is a must read!
    Anna
    Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Alex & Hannah are perfectly imperfect.

Alex is everything I wanted him to be!! I think he totally dethroned Jason. Those Spearman brothers are so achingly delicious!

Alex has been put in his sister's best friend's path (by June herself). Hannah has a complicated past that has scarred her belief in love and relationships. She and Alex are combustible together. They have a secret fling (that no one actually knows about). Their story has a second chance, frenemies vibe.

Alex has been the playboy
    Erin Lewis
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
    4 Star Review of Almost Perfect by Claudia Y Burgoa

Alex Spearman is your typical hot, sexy, playboy, used to getting what and who he wants. When he sets his sites on Hannah Hades-Bell, the only question is whether it’s for a one night stand or something more?

Almost Perfect is a frenemies to lovers story. I enjoy Ms. Burgoa’s style of writing and have read a few books by her. I have to say I struggled a bit with this one. I felt a bit lost at times and felt that I was missing a chunk of back
    A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
    4.5 Stars!

What a beautiful love story! Alex and Hannah are two broken people. Alex is an former olympian athlete but an accident turns his life upside down. Hannah is a former musician who left her former life for a reprieve. Initially when Alex and Hannah meet they cannot stand each other but their paths continue to cross. They have an undeniable chemistry and pull to each other that is hard for either to ignore. I loved how Alex was this stand up good guy. There were so many swoon worthy
    M L Dyson
    Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Loved, loved, loved this story!! It has all the feels you could ever want!! The story of Alex and Hannah is not for the faint of heart. It is a roller coaster ride of emotions. The ups and downs of life and love are woven through this beautifully written book. Alex and Hannah have to choose to live despite past failures and hurts. Theirs is a story of learning to live and love, not only themselves but others. Amazing book!!
    Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*
    Shelves: arcs

The Spearman family is literally one of my absolute favorite book families of all time. I love them BIG y’all!! I can’t possibly get enough of their journeys to falling in love. I wanna be a Spearman. LOL

I can assure you going into this book that it will take your feelings on a tilt-a-whirl type ride. It will also have you fanning yourself something fierce because Alex and Hannah are hella hot! This book is classified as a frienemies-to-lovers story, but it’s so much more. You could call
    B. C. Booklover
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
    If you've been keeping up with Claudia's latest releases, she has done what I was really, really hoping for and combined this newer series featuring the fun Spearman family with some favorite characters from previous books of hers, some were a big, happy surprise! These older books are what drew me to her writing in the first place and I'm thrilled she has decided to cross over and go back for more within this 'world while adding new characters . Very exciting.

Almost Perfect is a little bit
    Priyanka Dhingra
    Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
    This is the First time that I am reading and reviewing Claudia Burgoa and I loved her book. This is genuinely an honour that I am reviewing this author's book. Hopefully, I can review many more books of hers.

The story is of Hannah and Alex who are frenemies with benefits who were not only on each other throats but they also had great chemistry But this is not how their individual story started. Hannah was a famous band member, who later on was teaching as a professor of the college. She has
    kgagnon
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I was so excited to find out more about both Alex and Hannah who I first met in other books! Alexander Spearman is a famous athlete who's career ended way to soon, and Hannah Hades-Bell is rockstar royalty looking for a life out of the spotlight. Hannah is best friends with Alex's sister, June. The sparks between Alex and Hannah explode right from the start and they have a clandestine night of unbelievable passion. When it ends badly, it leaves them both confused and heartbroken. They can't ...more
    Sandi
    Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: arcs
    This is the story of Alexander Spearman and Hannah Hades-Bell (how awesome is her last name?). He is a jock and she is a former rock star, current college professor and journalist. He is her best friend’s older brother. She is running from a past and stuck in a rut of unhealthy coping mechanisms. Their chemistry is off the charts but their combined fear of intimacy makes the timing rotten and turns them into frenemies.

What I loved- I loved Alex Spearman. His determination to overcome his past
    Becky Rendon
    Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Nothing like watching frenemies fight their undeniable chemistry!

What can I say about this book other than it's Almost Perfect! It's actually higher praise than you assume, perhaps hold your scoffing until you've read this whole review. Allow me to educate you...

No one is perfect. Not a single person in existence with he exception of Jesus is perfect. Since I have zero intention of going into a religious debate, just give me that point. No one is perfect but almost perfect is a real thing.

Lynn
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
    4* Golden Boy Stars

Alex and Hannah’s story was a rollercoaster of up’s and down’s, lovers one minute and then enemies the next.

Hannah, despite being 29 years old, is still struggling to come to terms with the cards that life has dealt her. She is flawed emotionally and has not fully dealt with the rejection of her biological mother. Because of this she puts everyone at arm’s length and her actions are quite selfish, despite the love and support of her friends and famous musical family. In parts
    Kari Hansen
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Hannah has a past that she would like to forget but the after-effects still touch her life and her relationships as she trusts very few people and allows even fewer close enough to breach the walls she has built around her heart. Her best friend June is part of her inner circle and from her she meets her brother Alex who incites feelings from elation to despair and everything in between.

Alex is a former athlete who saw his promising career come to a premature end and he soon realized which
    TheSassyNerdBlog
    Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Once again, Claudia flaws me with Alex and Hannah's story. I went into this book knowing I would love it. I haven't not loved a book by this author.

This is a standalone, but it does entwine and connect in with a few more of Claudia's books.
    I have been waiting on for Hannah and Alex's story. Having fallen in love with Hannah in other books, I couldn't wait to see what the author was going to do for her story and honestly the titles may be called Almost Perfect, but this book? It is PERFECT!

Thuy Taylor
    Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
    So, let me first say, this book is all kinds of interconnected with the Claudia Burgoa world. Alex Spearman is part of the brothers with the series that includes Maybe Later, and Hannah Bell is in the world that includes, My One Regret. You don't have to read those, but they do help to know these characters better in my opinion.

Alex and Hannah have this connection, the chemistry, the hate, the love. I wouldn't really call them enemies, but they just have to grow up a bit to know how much they
    Reemah
    Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Reviewed for A Book Nerd, a Bookseller and a Bibliophile

4.5 Stars!

MJ Symmonds
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I'm actually at a loss for where to start with his review because I don't know if I can properly articulate how much Hannah and Alex emblazoned themselves on my heart and soul.

"Instead of asking her to love me tonight, I kiss her hard."

Almost Perfect is the most perfect story to lose yourself in. This is a story about finding yourself, being true to yourself and at the end of the day knowing that who you are, what you've come through, led you to where you belong, to whom you belong.

"The next
    Sassy Southern
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Almost Perfect was a story that had me hooked and dying to know what was going to happen next. It was a little confusing at the beginning for me to follow because I struggled at first to know when we were in the past of Alex and Hannah's life and when it was in the present but that cleared up about half way through. After that I was on the edge of my seat rooting for these to frenemies to get their acts together and to realize how much they each truly cared about the other one.

This book was
    « previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dangerous Games
    • Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)
    • Royal Playboy (Playboy Royal, #1)
    • Waking Up Married
    • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
    • Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
    • Warrior Blue
    • The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)
    • The Virgin Gift
    • Talk Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #1)
    • Saving Sara (Alaska Blizzard Book 5)
    • London Soul (London Royal #2)
    • The Scarlet Night (Rose Gold #0.5)
    • Bourbon Love Notes (The Barrel House Series, #1)
    • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
    • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
    • Inappropriate
    • Wild In The Windy City: The Anthology Volume 3
    Claudia is an award-winning, USA Today bestselling author.
    She writes alluring, thrilling stories about complicated women and the men who take their breath away.
    She lives in Denver, Colorado with her husband and her youngest two children. She has a sweet Bichon, Macey, who thinks she's the ruler of the house. She's only partially right.
    When Claudia is not writing, you can find her reading,