Start by marking “Chasing Sunshine” as Want to Read:
Chasing Sunshine

Chasing Sunshine

A detective with something to prove…

Working the homicide division in Galena, IL isn’t exactly a high-stress lifestyle, and Detective Adam Emerson wouldn’t have it any other way. For the most part, his day consists of giving his partner migraines, hunting for his missing brother, and struggling to pin a shred of evidence on the violent crime lords of Illinois.

A sociopath
Published November 5th 2019 by A.L. Shea

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Sunshine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Sunshine

Start your review of Chasing Sunshine
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Sunshine was a good read. I have read one of the author that make up A.L. Shea before so I didn't really read the blurb before deciding to read it. I was expecting romance and maybe some angst but this was so much different than what I expect and I loved it. It's full of suspense and a some romance. I loved the story lined. I was hooked and even lost a little sleep because I wanted to keep reading. Adam is a homicide detective. Claire is Adam's friend's sister. Both Adam and Claire have ...more
Robyn Corcoran
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it

Oh boy, I can tell you that this book is one powerhouse of emotions. My heart just about breaks with the overwhelming sadness and grief from one situation then with hope when the two lead characters, Detective Adam Emerson and Claire McBride, are together. The story really is a tangled mess of feelings.

There is some good humour between the leading characters especially; their fun banter helps to balance the darker elements in the story. As well there are some humorous notions like when Adam
Sharon
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The debut release for a new writing duo. It is a great intro to a new series. Claire is the last member of her family, and now she is on the run from a ruthless killer. This is a well written saction packed story filled with mystery and suspense. I was completely hooked from the beginning to the very end. I can't wait to see what comes next.
#MSBB
Erin Figueiredo
Intense and Thrilling!

This was a very intense, suspenseful and utterly thrilling story to read. It kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. The story is very well written and is packed with action, mystery, suspense with twists and turns throughout, which will keep you highly entertained. You will have a hard time putting this one down.

I look forward to reading more in this thrilling series.
Sophie Ruthven
4 and a half stars.
This was a new to me author and would be interested in reading more from her.
This book has a lot of everything, dark/light, happy/broken, and will send you on a rollercoaster of emotions. You will often find yourself screaming at the book and characters, especially when the bodies start piling up.
Thi
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my first read from these authors and I enjoyed it very much. It kept me on my toes wondering what is going to happen next. Can’t wait to see what’s next.
Natalie
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book from this author and what a book to read.

This is a very emotional story.

The plot and storyline are written very well that it kept me on my toes and kept turning the pages.

I will be reading more especially with the way the ending came about.
Wendy Livingstone
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st on a series and what a great introduction this is. Claire is the last surviving member of her family, and she is on the run from a ruthless killer. Adam was her brothers’ best friend and is a detective, but can he keep Claire alive? This is a well written story which is action packed, and filled with mystery, suspense, secrets, twist, and is a thrilling story. I was hooked throughout and I look forward to reading more in this fascinating series.
Mona williams
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
wow what a emotional book ! she is trying to survive after she lost her whole family. now she on the run for her life. her brothers best friends wants to keep her safe . while another guy just wants her for his own. you have to read to find out what happens.
Samantha Fields
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. There were twists and turns all through the book. This is the story of a girl who has lost her whole family, a detective who wants to protect her and a guy who wants to own her. It's a difficult one to leave a review of without leaving spoilers but it's an absolute must read
Leah Blanks
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was amazing I loved it how it keep me on my toes the whole time I couldn't put it down at all and how the ending turned out omg I cant wait for more
Tracy
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved this read! Very emotional from the start..awesome characters with a few twists i didnt see coming... I would definitely read more from this author
Bethany McNease
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

This book was an emotional roller coaster! Claire had had a lot of tragedy in her life and her brother's friend, Adam, is there for her. There are many twists in this story I didn't see coming. I am looking forward to reading more!
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Claire McBride loses everyone in her family to a ruthless killer first her brother then her mom and dad. With no one else to turn to Claire turns to her brother’s best friend, Detective Adam Emerson. Claire, her brother and Adam were all best friends growing up. Claire has secretly been in love with Adam for a long time but is afraid of how he would accept her if she told him how she felt. She is afraid of losing him if she confesses her secret to him.

With everyone in her family dead is Claire
Clayr Catherall
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was new author for me and really enjoyed this story. It was full of suspense and kept me reading till the early hours of the morning. I couldn’t put my kindle down with needing to know what happens next....Great book.
Ashley Cafasso
Feb 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
I think this book was stolen from someone else and published. This is the second book that one of the authors has been accused of stealing from another author and published.
J.K. Radalyac
Nov 23, 2019
Alissa
Feb 14, 2020
Lissa Thomas
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Corlett M
Melissa Simmons
is currently reading it
Jan 22, 2020

• Cracked Sapphire
  • Three (Count to Ten #3)
  • Renegade Heart
  • Four (Count to Ten #4)
  • Winning Her Affection (Thirty-Something in the City: The Coopers, #3)
  • Two (Count to Ten #2)
  • Building Bridges (Bridges Brothers, #1)
  • One (Count to Ten #1)
  • Tangled IN LIES (IN YOU, #3)
  • Wrong Side of Wright
  • Owned by Him
  • A Little Bit Cupid: A Collection of Short Stories
  • Australia
  • A Little Bit Cupid (A collection of short stories)
  • Call Sign: Redemption (Away From Keyboard, #7)
  • Top Notch (Man on Top #1)
  • The Prisoner of the Castle of Enlightenment
  • Eves (Carson Brothers, #2)