Start by marking “Countdown To Christmas” as Want to Read:
Countdown To Christmas

Countdown To Christmas

It’s just a bet.
Ten days until Christmas and all I have to do is avoid my roommate’s delightfully wrapped package.
When the countdown to Christmas is over, I’ll be collecting my own present—a generous stack of pretty green bills.
It doesn’t matter that every time he looks at me with those gorgeous hazel eyes, my knees quake.
It doesn’t matter how every time he takes his
Published December 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Countdown To Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Countdown To Christmas

Rushed up
Erin Lewis
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 star review of Countdown to Christmas by Betty Shreffler

Betty Shreffler is a new author to me and I enjoyed this short novella centered around the holiday season.

What happens when two co workers, who have secret crushes on one another find themselves suddenly pushed together thanks to a matchmaking boss?

Although she has crushed on Jaxson for years, Sophia is determined to keep him as a friend rather than give in to the attraction she has for always felt.

This is a sweet, steamy read that will
Jill M
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a super short and very sexy friends to lovers story. Betty mixed the magic of Christmas with a quick love story to give you the warm fuzzies. This was sweet and naughty and exactly what you’d expect in a sexy novella.

Bettey Shreffler is a new to me author and this was a great intro into her writing. I really enjoyed this short read and look forward to picking up another book by her.
Sharing My
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you pair 2 secret crushes, one of which needs a roommate, with a matchmaking boss? A smoking hot Christmas! I loved Jaxson and Sophia! This was a very enjoyable, and very hot Christmas novella! I highly recommend it!
Deekay
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet christmas novella full of love, happiness, and fun christmassy stuffs.

I loved the romance story of Jaxson and Sophia. I really enjoyed reading their story. It was fun and lovely, but most importantly, it was so steamy. Their romance was really sweet, but there was a little bit of drama when another woman came into the picture. I was a bit frustrated because I didn’t expect the story to have drama in it, I don’t have time for that.

The story also shows a lot of the uncertainty and doubt that
Kari Davis
3.75 Stars!!

Short, sweet and Sexy!!

Countdown to Christmas is about two co-workers who have had an attraction to one another. Sophia has been crushing on Jaxson for the past three years at the office, but after witnessing him in a compromising position, she’s put the breaks on those feelings. She’s determined to remain friends, but some unexpected circumstances may change that. Jaxson soon becomes her roommate and all bets might be off. They say the Christmas season is magical and it might just
Michele Del Rey
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book because it was a great story and had my favorite holiday. The chemistry between these two was so good. I loved the way these two were with eachother.
Krisz
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-review
I loved this quick holiday romance by Betty Shreffler.
Such a sweet novella with lovely characters. I was charmed by Sophia and Jax.
The story was very well written and highly entertaining. Just a quick treat if you are in the mood for romance.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This is a cracker of a Christmas short story that will warm your heart and have you smiling. It's a very easy-going read with hardly any angst at all, the writing was good and the story flowed well. This book will pass an hour by the fire with a nice cup of coffee and will put you in the mood for a little Christmas romancing yourself.

I so enjoyed reading about these two characters, Jaxon and Sophia, who are co-workers and renting together as roommates. Denying an attraction she has for Jaxon
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Be still my holiday cheer filled heart! Betty Shreffler delivers the sweetest, hottest, most adorable friends to lovers holiday read EVER with Countdown to Christmas. I’m talking sweeter than Christmas cookies, hotter than a roaring fire, gives you a bigger smile than anything Santa would deliver, perfection here. All I want for Christmas is to curl up with a dirty snowmen (yes I totally looked up the recipe for that drink after I read this, 10 out of 10 would recommend) and curl up with Jaxson! ...more
Marnie
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everyone loves a quickie!

Novellas like this hot and sexy read from Betty Shreffler is what Christmas is made for. Reward yourself!! Spend that hard-earned money on something you can enjoy more than once, because this little number is one fantastic read you’ll want to come back to.

I loved that the chemistry between Jaxson Parker and Sophia Ward was so thick that it was almost chewable, and I always enjoy the witty repartee between the characters when you read anything put together from this
Melanie
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I don’t normally enjoy novellas because you don’t typically get as much character development as a full length novel, but Countdown to Christmas is more like a mini book. The love story is very sweet, exactly what you want to read during the holidays. Sophia and Jaxson have been friends and co-workers for several years and finally have the opportunity to make their relationship more, though both are hesitant to risk their friendship in case it doesn’t work. Read this book snuggled under a ...more
Rhonda
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was just a really cute and quick Christmas story. Sophia has had a thing for Jaxson for the past 3 years but after catching him with a woman, she's decided to move on. I loved the banter between these two characters and could tell that Jaxson was upset and confused by Sophia's rejection of his flirting. When she agrees to let him become a roommate, he's hoping to figure out what she changed. I won't say too much more but I loved this story and loved that is was set around Christmas time. ...more
Sue Bashford
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For such a short read this book packs a HOT punch!
The heat is off the scales but the feelings are what soaked into my bones.

Jaxon and Sophia are so very much attracted to each other; The love so apparent that I could feel it burning my kindle. How sweet and sexy they both are but also very guarded. Neither wants to get hurt and it made me feel so many emotions that my eyes leaked a little.

I just love a great Christmas romance and this one definitely hit the spot.
Fizza
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is a hot and steamy holiday romance novella. The story is beautifully written and I loved both the main characters. It is one of those lighthearted and romantic stories which are perfect for reading on a cold day when you want something to warm you up. This book will have that effect on you. I enjoyed reading and would recommend it to all romance lovers. This sweet story is for you all.
P.S. I received a complimentary copy of this book.
Andrea
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Christmas story!! Betty Shreffler always writes her characters as real as they can get and this story was no exception. Sophia needs a roommate and Jaxson needs a place to stay before Christmas. Sophia is against it until her friend talks her into it, with a catch. They've worked together for years and are great friends. What could happen? It's hot and so sweet. Jaxson is the perfect boyfriend and book boyfriend! I definitely recommend Countdown to Christmas!
Wioletta
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sophie had crush on Jaxson since she met him, but after witnessing him being a player, she buried everything deep inside. Jaxson needs a room to leave, Sophie is looking for a roommate, thanks to their boss Mick, Jaxson moves in with Sophie.
O boy, chemistry between those two is off the charts, you need cold shower reading this book. I loved it, it's awesome and hot, very hot.
Ree
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This romance is a mash-up of the office romance/friends-to-lovers/roommates tropes.

Jaxson & Sophia keep struggling for years with bad timing and fear, yet Christmas provides the perfect opportunity for hidden feelings to emerge.

The protagonists were quite straightforward and honest with each other about their feelings; there were no hidden agendas and silly secrets - which was quite a change.

If you're looking for a steamy, Christmas-y read, this will fill your needs quite nicely.

I
Mona williams
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was a really short read you will really enjoy! she has a new roommate that is a good friend of hers. only she doesnt want to cross that line cause of his playboy ways and she wants to keep her heat. you have to read to find out what happens.
Pat
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This steamy Christmas book was well written with characters that were so well created that I was captivated from the very first page! The chemistry between Jaxson and Sophia was so intense that I was afraid that my kindle was going to burst in flames!
Christina Astorga
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC and I'm freely reviewing.

Wowza! This novella is smokin and oozes yumminess. We meet Sophia and Jaxson, they're coworkers who are best friends that both secretly have feelings for the other. Sophia is terrified Jax will break her heart and Jax knows no other woman will do it for him. You get some chuckles and fanning yourself moments. A fast, great read.
Sabrina Sauer
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Countdown to Christmas is a delightful holiday romance! I loved the chemistry between Sophia and Jaxson. I highly recommend this book.
Cherie Maggi
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun quick holiday read. Connected with the characters easily and really enjoyed their love story
Flo Grugel
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super sweet friends to lovers holiday romance.
Samantha Ortegon
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I felt as if I finished Countdown to Christmas by Betty Shreffler in the time that it took me to power up my kindle. It's a really fast read that is filled with sexual chemistry that had been building up with time. Best friends, co-workers, and roommates Jaxson and Sophia spend this holiday trying to figure out if they should get past the friend zone.

It is a short read but it packs the holiday punch with cheery moments, a passion that can ignite a fireplace and memorable characters.

Monica
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing couldn't stop reading it
Katrina Haynes
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very cute and sexy story. I was not able to put this done because it was so good.. I think you will enjoy this story.. ...more
Emma Johnston
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first book by this author but it's definitely made me want to check out her other books.

This was filled with Christmas cheer as well as some steamy scenes.

Love love LOVED it!!
A
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steamy and short friends to lovers/coworkers holiday read! Bonus, loved the mixed holiday drink recipes at the end.
SHARING MY LOVE FOR BOOKS
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a short, fun and flirty read. It's about about two co workers who move in together and finally admit how they feel about each other.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Five Day Fiancé (Brewer Brothers, #3)
  • UNWRAPPED: An Enemies to Lovers Holiday Romance
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • The Lineup
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Twisted Surprise (A Twisted Fate Christmas Novella)
  • Back to You this Christmas
  • I Kissed The Boss
  • Midnight Valentine
  • The imPerfect Guy
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Break the Rules (Loveless Brothers #3)
  • One Complicated Christmas
  • Immortal Lust: A Vampire Anthology
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Accidental Rebel
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
Betty Shreffler is a USA Today and International Bestselling Romance Author. She writes sexy and suspenseful stories with hot alphas and kickass heroines with twists you don’t expect. She also writes beautiful and sexy romances with tough women and their journeys at finding love. Betty is a mix of country, nerdy, sassy, sweet and a whole lot of sense of humor. She’s a fan of photography, reading, ...more